What went wrong? What went right?

What went wrong? What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/car-news/autotrader-find-new-never-titled-lexus-lfa-for-382000-259393
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it's a Honda designed by a woman
>it's not too overpriced for what it's trying to be and it's practical

>designed by a woman

She was hired to fix a cooling problem. She isn't responsible for most of the design.

Design is generic; didn't go far enough (like the FurdGT, GTR) nor did it stay classy (911, Aston, AMG GT). The LFA didnt age well, and this car will not either.

wrong:
>looks too much like an R8
>electric motors and still not any faster than a base GT-R
>$160,000

right:
ironically the most unique supercar on roads today because nobody wants it

Focused too much on performance from battery packs and other tech

>what went right?
They finally released it
it's a technological beast
I like it's subjective styling
>what went wrong
took way too long focusing on unique tech for the power train
Awd setup is a minus
Focus too much on hybrid technology instead of just making a 600hp monster from a J series C6 or making special dohc heads for a J series and turning it

it isn't this

>Ford GT
>647bhp
>3.5L V6 TT

>Acura NSX
>573bhp
>3.5L V6 TT + 3 electric motors

Why is this allowed?

>Ford GT has sold out 750 units until 2019
>Acura NSX has sold less than that

I think it's funny that more people are paying triple the price for a Ford.

She is literally credited as the head designer. Also a horrific little tibit:

>In addition, as opposed to the first generation NSX, the second generation NSX is being described by its lead designer, Michelle Christensen, as "An American muscle car in an Italian exotic car's body."

>i-it may drive like shit, but at least you're paying a lot for italian design!!

And it doesn't even look Italian, it looks like a German R8.

Anyone specifically looking for a Japanese supercar want a car that is thoroughly Japanese. The fact she mentions murrica and yurop and completely omits Japan is totally fucked.

>"An American muscle car in an Italian exotic car's body."

feminism was a mistake

>it's a "weeaboo calls American cars pigfat when the Viper and Corvette weigh 500lbs less than these nearly 2 ton barges" episode

>lfa didn't age well

lol what

has anyone with enough money tried tuning one yet?
or has literally nobody bought one

Honestly, there's no point in buying one when a Type-R version is inevitable.

To her it's an American car cause Acura is "American" and totally not Honda at all guise

LFA was a flop

autotrader.com/car-news/autotrader-find-new-never-titled-lexus-lfa-for-382000-259393

no point in tuning such a complicated hybrid car you're just going to completely fuck up the driving dynamics

Wrong
>not the fastest
>not remotely affordable
>not even really hypercar affordable
>acura
>took a million years to relaunch

Right
>they finally relaunched it after a million years
>costs less than a Ferrari I guess

the front of the car looks really cheap to me

Both the front and back look like like economy car. The side profile is supercar, but in the most generic way.

a mid engine v6 accord would have been better

would pay base model corvette prices for that even if it only had 278 horsepower

That's what the original was, and it worked.

That's bascially what the Toyobaru is. a car that cost almost as much as a V6 Mustang and Camaro and is slower due to lack of power and everyone keeps bitching about it.
>id pay out the nose for a AE86 successor
>is given an AE86 successor
>MUH TORQUE DIP! MUH POWER!

How the fuck did Subaru allow that shit to happen in the first place? It's not like they don't Dyno test their engines before putting them out, they did shitty and there's a reason people bitch about it, also not releasing a specialty turbo/supercharged model is beyond retarded

yeah you're probably right. for corvette money you could also get a cayman and I'd rather have a cayman than a MR accord. for $40k or something sure but I doubt they would ever be able to develop it and make it profitable at any price.

it has a hybrid v6 LMAO

electric motor and muscle car dont mix

hybrid bullshit should have just had a 3.5 twin turbo v6, also mclaren honda
>trusting honda with ERS

Why not the vette and the cayman cost the same and both of them are justifiable choice.