/wtg/ - War Thunder General

When Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

>interceptor spawn
>climb towards the middle of the map
>spitfire above me

>russian teams

xth for when will the bote cbt be good

repost from other thread

I have over 600 hours in this game and don't own a single tier 5 plane or tank, should I be ashamed?

>1 tank kill
>already jumped into bomberniggering
kys

tell that to the murican players

>play maus
>stomp enemy team
remind me why people say this is shit
it still stomps as always

were there no atgms?

there were Strvs

>swedish cucktanks

>Get the T44-100
>instakilling everything while memeslope'ing most shots
>They're are people that actually believe Russians aren't handheld

>buy into T-44-100 meme
>waste time researching it despite having everything after it already
>slow
>much worse reload
>can't take a hit like the T-54 1947
why the fuck do people even like this thing

Best 109

Stop queueing as americans.

FHG?

>Type 2 Ke-To
>Type 4 Ke-Nu
>Type 1 Chi-He
>Type 3 Chi-Nu (almost good, but too late)
>Type 4 Chi-To (see above)
>Type 5 Chi-Ri
>Type 5 To-Ku
>Type 1 Ho-Ni II
>Type 2 Ho-I
>ST-A1
>ST-A2
>ST-A4
>Type 61
>ST-B1
>ST-B2
>ST-B3
>ST-B4
>ST-B5
>ST-B6
>Type 74 (good job getting a slightly more armored Leopard 1 developed by the mid 70s you fucking idiots)
>Type 87 (good job copying the Gepard and then adding ineffective composite armor for no logical reason which drove the cost way up and failed your intended orders YOU FUCKING IDIOTS)
>Type 60 MAT (relying on that rocket/SS.10 rip-off at all, lol)
>Other shit I'm sure I missed

Japan was basically irrelevant in terms of armor development past the 40s, got laughed at to their face and "frail Japanese frames" post-war by the Americans, and finally started unfucking their stuff by like, what, the 90s?
ST-A3 excluded because it had a semi-automatic loader.

was thinking of meming with bong SPGs but should I just go straight for the chieftain and grind out the fun stuff with that?

>Me-262 takes at least 10 hits from 23mm frag shells and walks away perfectly fine

Does 23mm need a serious buff?

on everything except the Tu-4, yes

>tfw the days of getting 30 ai tank kills in a single run in the original il2 are long gone

Ok I just started playing air battles after being a tank guy and I'm trying to figure out how these fuckers are just slowing down in the middle of a dog fight and getting behind me without extending their airbrakes or making any fancy moves. They just start sliding back until they're on my tail

You can extend your flaps at low speed. They'll make you more maneuverable and slow you down.

They could also be cutting their throttle and just gliding, which will make them bleed speed fast.

Also turns in general make you bleed speed really badly.

>without extending their airbrakes
What nation has airbrakes on their fighters at low tiers? Do you mean landing flaps?

There are a few dive bombers that can play as heavy fighters pretty well like the helldiver and B7A. There's also the A-36 with its dive recovery flaps, but I'm not sure if he means any of those.

Well. You aren't wrong.

They always seem to fucking explode no matter what speed

I know dive bombers are just glorified fighters, I used to get mad kills in the Dauntless before the .50 nerf. But I think he's talking about 109s or Yaks.

whats wrongwith 219 a-7

>what's wrong with the 219
>what is it's bullshit BR
>what is it getting HVAP despite being a fighter

4.3 spit 9 is docking with the international space station, 5.7 spit 9 is currently aerobraking around mars

Seldom does anybody actually use it to bomber hunt and only end up as groundpound shitters

It's a total shame

because it's not relegated to hunting bombers, why would it go up high and look for something that's not even there if it can just outclass all the fighters?

>finally get to level 100
>Already have most planes and tanks I want
>Realize that I have wasted 4 years straight of my life playing this game
>probably spent $450 on it total
>Remember when I first started in 2013 and how me and all my friends would play together every night
>They slowly trickled away and stopped playing or just moved on in life
>Soon there was nobody
>Only I and one friend remained
>Come to realize that I have spent countless hours grinding away for nothing
>It was all for naught
>Realize that I could've spent those thousands of hours at the gym, studying, running, or anything else
>weep

>be tank designer
>make thicker plate more sloped
>make thinner plate less sloped
>somehow keep my job because the retards making my design are none the wiser

Me too, buddy. Me too.

In my 20k plus matches, I don't think I've ever had a team that WASN'T a fucking detriment

Killed my spitfire in a headon.

can someone remind me why the tiger II H hasn't been moved to 7.0, and the tiger II 105 hasn't been removed altogether?

Remind me again how hard is it to kill it with apds and heat ?

Remind me again how many 6.7s have APDS and HEAT capable of penetrating its hull.

bongs 6.3
slav and burgers 6.7
Japs never see it

also pick a fucking 7.0 or 7.3 tank, they see 6.7 a lot

>having trouble with a slow and relatively weakly armored heavy tank

>one match away from parts
>first hit destroys my barrel
>repair it
>second hit destroys my barrel
>slow
no
>relatively weak
again, no
just because you're a massive shitter in it doesn't mean it's not good in the hands of someone who isn't a vegetable like yourself

>just because you're a massive shitter in it doesn't mean it's not good in the hands of someone who isn't a vegetable like yourself
That applies to every vehicle in the game, even the shit ones. The Tiger 2 H is a piece of shit considering its BR and anyone with half a brain is using the 10.5 or Panther II.

>In Bf 109
>Fw 190 gets the tail of a bomber
>Dive in and pilot snipe the bomber
If they can't even finish the job, then I give up.

>In I-185
>Yak heads on spitnigger
>Somehow loses but gets his tail
>Swoop in and rip his wings off
Fucking Yakniggers, can't even abuse their bias to win.

>The Tiger 2 H is a piece of shit considering its BR and anyone with half a brain is using the 10.5 or Panther II
no it isn't, it's the best heavy at it's tier, and outclasses just about every TANK except the Nigger 251
the areas you can pen it are very small and it's extremely easy to fuck up your shot and become a free kill for the nigger behind the wheel

what bias

Endless energy

Infinite energy

>best heavy at it's tier, and outclasses just about every TANK except the Nigger 251
Incorrect when the T29/T34 exists while the Soviet lineup creates a 7.0 void that everyone else gets sucked into against IS-6s. The Tiger II H is obsolete as it is.

>T29/34
has better maneuverability and also easily outreloads it
I mean trust me, the T29 needs to be 7.0 as well, but the Tiger II H is the best at it's tier

>T29 needs to be 7.0 as well
Yes. Because when every heavy tank is either clubbing 6.3 or getting clubbed at 7.0 the Tiger 2s will reign supreme in 6.7

>some fucking Russian hacked my account, spent all my Silver Lions, and changed my name

why

2 step verification)))))))))))))))))))
I have no idea why these fuckers do this shit, or how they find your email to begin with, let along your password

wait, you're telling me this is a common occurance?

I've heard it happen to a lot of fucking people
still hasn't happened to me though

didnt somebody lose account to two step verification and still didnt get it back ?

heard someone had their acct fucked up by 2-step but support ironed it out

Aside from the possibility of losing your account, what can they really do?

idk, cards used on that account maybe?

>possiblity of losing your account
I doubt even that can happen
my guess is they can spend all your ingame currency, but that's about it
maybe buy shit if you're retarded and leave the store to auto connect to your paypal/card

Exactly, what are they going to do? Grind the game for me? Oh no, anything but that!

T95 with early composite armor and 90mm APFSDS when?

M1 Abrams when?

If the T-64 gets in the prototype Abrams or even the base M1 wouldn't be too far-fetched, tbqh.

when we get the T-64
>something from 10 years later and outclasses it in about every way
"no"
MBT-70 and T95 Medium would be good compensation

480k rp grind)))

>outclasses it in about every way
It'd be frontally immune to every round currently in the game except for weakspots but the protection against APFSDS was kind of lackluster all things considered until the M1IP. It'd have a definite advantage over the T-64A, but that in turn would have a definite advantage over both the MBT-70 and T95.

>asks for something
>gives reasons why it shouldn't be added for at least a while
retards like you make me want to kill myself every fucking day

I was only really asking for the T95 though. The point I was making was that the Abrams is to the T-64 what to the T-64 is to the T95.

no it isn't
T-64 is shit
>300-400 effective frontally to APFSDS
>sides are 80mm RHA
but it's better than anything the slavs currently have

T95 wouldn't be that great either, especially if it retains the M60A1's fucked turret. The 90mm smoothbore had issues and wouldn't be much better if at all than the 90mm ingame with HEATFS. The MBT-70 fares a bit better but it's frontal armor would be slightly worse than the T-64 still and the APFSDS was shit. Even the M1 was only 400mm effective against KE in some relatively large spots.

>retains the M60A1 turret
first I don't believe that, the turrets only look similar, and if that actually is the case, what the fuck is the point of armoring the hull and not the fucking turret when you have to show the goddamn turret to engage
second, the T-64 isn't that good either
if it doesn't get the really good APFSDS rounds, it'll most likely not even be better than the Chieftain's APDS

>and if that actually is the case, what the fuck is the point of armoring the hull and not the fucking turret when you have to show the goddamn turret to engage
Apparently the M60 turrets have 352mm effective armor around the mantlet IRL. But in game they're only modeled with 152mm because )))))). And it still has the cupola which means it'll get memed on by everything with APHE. And the 90mm smoothbore would be beyond useless against the T-64 while the various 105mm and 120mm options would only be as effective as the 105mm APDS already ingame.

>everything with APHE
say that's 9.0, only thing that would be a threat that way is the T-10M

>9.0
Depends on how effective its early composite armor is modeled as, but I doubt it'd be higher than the M60.

>smoothbore
>350mm+ turret face
>8.0
try harder

>>smoothbore
At 127mm at 60 degrees it'd be enough to comfortably get through the front of T-54/62s but it's hardly a game breaker. Against the T-64 it's basically repeating the experience of trying to go against soviet mediums with stock solid shot, except the composite armor also makes grinding for HEATFS pointless.
mm+ turret face
If it's modeled the same as the M60s which are also supposed to have 350mm+ it'd have less than half that.

The subhuman that hacked my account bought some tanks shit tanks, did retarded decal camos, spent all my GE on IS3 modifications and SL, fucked over my presets, added his slavic friend who he proceeded to play multiple games with until I logged in. He even tried to change my password after I had regained my account. I'm convinced it happens through either dev servers or official Gaijin webpage because I had logged into dev servers the night before and verified my email through the Gaijin website just hours before the hack. said slav friend invited me to play games a few weeks later

>you can't 1 man army vs 4 people in planes with rockets

felt good, man

now i'm super disappointed in the rounds the kv1-11 offers. what a shit

>enable 200% booster
>5 kraut jets behind me

>arcade
then again I can't really blame a newfag like you
I played exclusively arcade for my first half a year or so, and I racked up a fuckton of matches

>enable any booster
>all friendlies kill themselves at the beginning of the match

>Enable 200% booster
>Win 1v3 with 30 secs of fuel to spare

>enable any booster in a 100 game
>all enemies kill themselves at the beginning of the match
>friendlies cap the point with no kills

>hurtgen forest
>cut to about halfway through the match
>i respawn in my JgPzIV
>we have the souther spawn, and the dom mode where are all points in the small shitty town
>i drive about 4 meters and take a shot to my engine from my right
>i j out because lmo fire
>its a fucking Cent 3 on the mountain about 2km away
ALL OF MY HATE

>throw my mouse across the room and blow them all to dust with my two dual-turbolaser towers
That was close I almost had something on my six.

>when you get M61 shells for Sherman II

Why the fuck did my keybinds get reset on login?

The fuck

Only my plane keybinds, not my tank binds though

>activate a 500% booster
>this shit happens
>no idea what half the keys are remapped to and perform like shit
fugg

>drive my late-WW2 6.7 BR tank and get killed over and over and over again by postwar tanks using postwar ammunition simply because I didn't get a chance to pen their turrets with my WW2 ammunition and hope that RNG doesn't instagib my tank from the first impossible-to-deflect hit

Now you know how it must've felt being a Syrian tanker in 1967 facing Israeli Centurions in a Pz. IV J.

>6.7 game
>lose jagdpanther like retard
>respawn in panzer F2
>3-4 kills

it just happens all the time...even doing hattrick with 29-k in tier 4

>Gaijin rather let this continue than remove HVAP from non-dedicated-CAS aircraft

Jesus christ