/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

{/worry} {/sneer} Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Hatching-tide Easter Event Info
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Hatching_tide/

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Patch 3.56 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/26738a49887f2b9f9e6b0aa67ae5f7d1a09dd1f2

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/9vy76RKn

Last time on /xivg/:

First for Savage (Savage) modes when?

I'm going to marry an elezen~!

Do all DPS have positionals? That seems like a huge pain in the ass.

I'd rather be an RDPS than have to worry about it all the time

why not a superior human?

Is Void Ark hard

>avatarfagging in the op again
Why can't we have nice things?

I can't keep Lethe off my mind ever after she posted that silky smooth perfect butt pic. Do you guys know if she's hard to get with ingame?

Positionals aren't that bad. Only melee dps have positionals but it's literally not a problem.

I mean I guess I will get used to it right?

Source fucking where?

tiny feet
not at all

Yes but it'll come naturally after an hour of play.

Fuck no. It wasn't tough on release and now that it's literally 100 ilvl out of date it's trivial.

the positionals are 1. dodge AoE markers 2. stand behind the enemy

not even remotely

Snooze fest* I forgot to turn off auto post and I was still typing.

Should I RP as
a) A lalafell who sees lalafells as terrible, hates other lalfells and hates himself but in a humorous sort of way
or
b) Self-proclaimed hero that spreads rumors about himself defeating giant monsters and gods but can barely lift a sword, just wants attention
or
c) DEUS VULT Paladin that uses black magic and a great sword to prove that darkness is just a tool he can use to fight for his god

?

Of course. It's either you deal with positionals or you deal with cast times as dps.

MNK has the most positionals. DRG/NIN have a couple but not on almost all their skills like MNK.

That's not what positionals are.

>see red xaela on my server
>too nervous to msg them
>they teleport away
>try to find them in player search
>they don't show in results

What have I done

Honestly in retrospect he became kind of an interesting character in Heavensward. He is underhanded and incredibly suspicious, but his motives aren't completely obvious and no one is entirely sure if he is even a villain at this point.

>b) Self-proclaimed hero that spreads rumors about himself defeating giant monsters and gods but can barely lift a sword, just wants attention this one. we need more comedic RP

You should roleplay as someone who's straight for once.

is Zurvan even worth wasting my time on now that alex is uncapped? i dont give a shit about the bird either

I can't wait for lizard fotm to end

How the fuck do I find parties for shit like Sephirot now that nobody runs it?

These are all shit options. Stop trying to be such a snowflake.

Zurvan was never worth it to begin with.

Bait for birds or bonus.

>some people likes x race
>ughhh, I wish x fotm would end

Yes because if you do 12s with kinna you're gay

If you took the time to grind shire weapons then go for it

pet lalas

I can't wait for elezen fotm to end

People still farm it for birds

Well?

b. could have some fun possibilities for your character to grow and be forced into the real role of a hero but you would need some pretty good supporting players to help that along.

>play healer
>bad dps/tank
>play DPS
>bad healer/tank
>play tank
>bad healer/dps
why can't they just give us a tank like tera did that can tank, dps and heal themselves

I want to fuck the dragon.

RPing is literally the only okay time to be a snowflake because its the uniqueness in each character's strengths and weaknesses that makes the stories entertaining. Being a nobody with nothing special about them doesn't drive fantasy stories.

Because thats bad game design.

Reposting from last thread:

Does anybody know of some decent Leviathan ones? Getting off of my trial soon and could use one with an active, not cancer chat

I know that feel bro. I will never get a cute futa red Xaela.

Tell that to a Hobbit.

I never said be generic. He's snowflaking too hard though. Feels more like a joke than serious character ideas.

t. rp snob

Isn't that beepy?

God your RPs must sound like the fucking Power Rangers. To each their own, but the more fun characters have some likeability in them.

>Does anybody know of some decent Leviathan ones
FCs**

R O E G U R L S

Check the pastebin you cancerous growth.

Don't fucking start.

Yes.
Not that one, though.

There's one in the pastebin. Send an application and they should accept you.

Yeah, nobodies with absolutely nothing special about them can't drive a stor-

Post Elezen. lewd optional

>Check the pastebin you cancerous growth.

I checked like a week ago and Levi didn't have a Veeky Forums FC. I'm also kind of doubting how active a 32 member FC is since I'm looking for an active chat

>I checked like a week ago and Levi didn't have a Veeky Forums FC
Either that or I'm retarded, maybe both

You take what you're offered or you make something better. If you want active 24/7, go to Balmung and deal with their hellish bullshit.

It's really a spectrum. Usually the issue isn't so much a snowflake character as a player not being willing to be the guy who loses in any given situation. Every conflict has to have a winner and a loser be it an argument, a bar brawl, or a battle with the evil wizard. If a snowflake character is okay with losing those fights it can be a good opportunity for their character to grow beyond that initial snowflake concept. If they aren't then it escalates into an ever sillier version of "My dad can beat up your dad" and it's what causes people to respond like and

Better?

I'm not complaining, I'm asking if there are any not-shit, active FCs in general, not just Veeky Forums

He didn't drive the story. He was driven through it by the more unqiue characters.
It works in a novel because more generic characters like that are easier to self-insert as, so the experience of reading through it feels more personal.
But in RP, great stories can easily come about even when everyone has something weird about them.
One of the options in the original post wasn't even that bad. An "Uncle Tom Lalafell" sounds realistic, yet still interesting.

It's very active but like said you can do your own thing.

There is no real or significant /xivg/ presence outside of Balmung or Gilgamesh. The rest are small handfuls of people who tried to become rebels and make their own group and failed horribly. Those two servers are the best for population and content anyway. Nobody here is gonna know anything about non-Veeky Forums FCs in general, but as always your best bet is the biggest realms.

It's a disaster, Sciwalker we're after

mods are asleep post lalafells

That's more like it.

this elezen makes me feel a bit uneasy...

This post sums it up nicely. You -can- be a snowflake and have things work out well. But that doesn't always happen, and bad experiences lead me to be very skeptical of super-duper special snowflakes. If you can do it well, please do.

None. Go to balmung senpai.

Original glamour, do not steal.

If you insist.

>Those two servers are the best for population and content anyway
This literally literally does not matter anymore thanks to cross server PF. Aether packing all their mongoloids onto 2 servers is almost no different from like Primal spreading their pop amongst all their servers.

I mean, I guess you can enjoy seeing more people zerging FATEs for the 2 weeks they matter?

You could come to Excalibur and watch a tincan complain about his glamour.

armpit

>This literally literally does not matter anymore thanks to cross server PF.
FATEs, treasure hunting, Company airships, Hunts.

Better with the long skirt but still breddy gud.

"lala"

Fates, hunts, Aquapolis, POTD (for now), roleplaying. Also you get more choices in FCs and the best FCs and statics dont recruit on PF. Though Yoshi did say we were getting cross realm friends and FCs in the future.

So joke content? Gotcha

To be fair that only happens like 70% of the time.

Not him but
>FATEs
Very few of them matter and most can be soloed.
>Treasure hunting
Only need three people
>Company airships
Basically invalidated by the above once they put those mats into it
>Hunts
A ranks don't need any more than a light party, and people will always go to S ranks.

Mid pop servers are perfectly viable in FFXIV in 2017

Not an argument.

Can you two ogres stop forcing yourselves?

Yes it is, none of that shit matters and when it does you get what, 70 people to show up and zerg a hunt or FATE instead of 50? Whoa dude, worth the 20 bux to transfer over.

the redhead looks good. the orc or whatever doesn't

can't post my lewd elezen pictures sorry

>he thinks c@ posting is better

It's the cheap version of Madotsuki's sexy armor. I went for an "ink blot" look with the best man's shoes, gotta complete the look with some gloves maybe.

>none of that shit matters
Do you really think that?

>Nothing matters in the game except raids and ex roulette
>Man I sure am bored wish this game had more content

This is the problem with modern MMO players.

Farmer cat

If B'nhaka were in the OP, none of you would complain.

It's really not, but using a character screenshot for an OP image rather than game art or a scenic screenshot at least is considered poor form and forcing yourself.

Let me laugh at you for a good long while here.

Not him but c@ posters being cancer doesn't mean you're welcome either

>whataboutism

agreed, remove pf/df, remove unsync and ability to group for dungeons unless within 5 levels, make all mobs unsoloable beyond level 10ish, increase time to level by a factor of 10.

bought this in this on the humble sale
what the fuck did I sign up for?

what a great elezen

Balmongoloids and Gilgashitters constantly have to justify spending real world money to transfer to their meme servers.

c@s are cute though

Magical adventure and cancerous story until about 50, please look forward to it. Check the pastebin for guides and shit if you get lost somewhere.

Yes? FATEs scale to participants so bringing 10000 or 100 people literally makes no different, hunts having 100 people as opposed to 60 people means it dies, what, 5 seconds faster, and treasure maps takes like, 3-4 people at best

If you need to justify spending 20 dollars just to sit and stare at more people AFKing in Idleshire then fine, but there's almost no actual different in the game unless you're on a literal dead as fuck server. Everything that actually matters happens in DF and PF.

A barebones MMO with an okay community if you don't play on balmung or gilgamesh.