Why doesn't aprilia make a sportbike smaller than a liter...

Why doesn't aprilia make a sportbike smaller than a liter? They use to make the excellent 125 and 250cc bikes but not it's pretty much only the RSV4.

because the RSV4 is the best sportbike on the planet currently.

I'm looking at the website right now and there are half a dozen 125s. They do have quite a gap between 125 and 1100 though.

In the US market nobody sees a 125 as a viable option for transportation, even in Europe most of the major makers produce a 125, 300, 600, 1000.

they still make 125s
im surprised they dont make a 300cc version with a piaggio engine for the A2 market

>euros consider this a motorcycle

enjoy your scooter

they should make a 300/600 2bh

their machines are pretty good reliability wise for euro bikes and also priced decently; would probably do ok

>americans idea of a motorcycle

600 would be perfect. I think it would also be great if they could carry those engines over into Moto2 and break hondas monopoly on the engine deals.

ye,

also Triumph 765 tripe is confirmed to be new moto2 powerplant (starting 2019)

When did that happen? I had no idea it changed. I wish it was more than 1 maker, and I also wish they did not use 600cc engines at a detuned state. a 400cc stressed to the max would be perfect I think.

it was made official last weekend; but yeah I agree, I prefer when it's more than one manufacturer, makes more competition in the development department which generally means better tech for everyone else..

Enjoy your straight roads and 65 mph limits and inevitably resorting to hooning like a retard to get any enjoyment out of your liter peter.

Because Ducati is better

You say that like it's a negative

aprilia is a boutique manufacturer.

>Country made almost half of mountains
>Straight roads
Git gud scrub

What cc is that? They need to focus on smaller sized engined for Moto2 IMO. Maybe a 4 or 500

Piaggio owns both Aprilia and Moto Guzzi so anything that's not a top of the line sport bike is a Guzzi

Aprilia went straight down the drain after their 2 stroke models got the axe.

Not so fast. The RSV4 is probably the best motorcycle on the market in terms of overall performance. Although they are becoming a one trick pony having relied on their RSV4 for like 10 years or so.

These 125s are just rebadged Derbi GPR, very shit quality compared to the good old 2T RS.

>so fucking wrong

What is that shitcan?

its the best and hottest liter sportbike you can buy, nobike

Looks like the typical cookie cutter jap bike. Which one is it? I can't tel from the poor lighting.

Generally speaking, motorcycle ownership here in the US is about revving your drag piped cruiser at traffic lights and stop signs.

it's beemers literbike. It is pretty OP.

>one trick pony
>when the Tuono has won every super naked test for the last 5+ years

There's no market for 600’s any more.

The bike market on the whole is receding right now so nobody's going to be bringing anything new to the table for a while.

Wrong. This is more like it.

Is the Shiver 750 a good bike?

I remember loving the look when they first came out, maybe I should be looking for a used early one. But they look awfully tall...

In America you buy a CBR600RR or R6 as your first bike and die. I remember being laughed at by bikers I knew for saying I wanted a Ninja 250 after my MSF course.

Just get an FZ07/09

>I have no throttle control: the post

Nice meme bike

You can start on a liter you just have to be competent.

Where? Every magazine is always raving about the Superduke.

And it seems to be technological inferior to the S1000R and MT10 as well.

I think he's saying first bike as in "I literally just got approved to ride on the road" you fucking muppet.

No one is competent on their first bike

>you can start on a litre you just need to know how to ride

cycle-ergo.com

doesn't factor in suspension sag but you will get a rough idea anyway.

ded

I'm out

>you can start with a porsche, you just need to be competent.

You morons really think its okay just because it doesnt cost much right?

>RSV4 is the basis for actual motogp bikes
>somehow it's inferior to the s1000 which has never won anything in racing

Except all those superstock races like the TT this year you mean.

>he thinks the TT is superstock

thats because in the US there isnt really city driving.
every road in your cities is just a crowded highway, and since you are not able to filter a 125cc makes no sense.

it's 765 cc IIRC; ~130 hp (quoted by Triumph)

You realize there are different classes in the TT?
Hell a superstock BMW has OVERALL section records for all bikes

Waste of R&D/production dosh for a small company, maybe?

A dual sport is a starter bike. It's easy to ride, not too fast, and generally very confidence inspiring because it's EASY.

A ninja 250 is a retarded cuckold's bike. 5s 0-60, uncomfortable ptwin vibes, maintaining TWO carbs, sporty riding position and compromised low speed turning circle, it just runs out of get up and go around 80mph. If you're gonna die on a 600 or find yourself unable to live with one a 250cc sportbike is the same thing but slower on the highway. Some people really overestimate just how fucking far you have to crank the throttle on 600s to get up to "oh shit how do i slow back down?" speeds.

Ninja 250s easily go beyond safe cornering speeds for newbs fairly quick. I see one crashed on the side of the road (usually a roundabout or corner) at least twice a year.

>it's a 250 it's fine bro i got this
>goes WOT
>HOW IS BAIKU LEANED? HOW KNEE GET DRAGGED?
>crashes
>"at least i didn't get an R6 bro!", accepts lack of skill, buys DRZ400
>"i guess i'm finally ready', buys triumph daytona

That's pathetic. It has to be in a detuned state. Best I remember the hondas were restricted in their output to around 120hp.

Sad when the old 250cc 2 strokes had around 110-115 HP

>small company

Much bigger than MV Agusta and MV has made a 750 and 600cc

You've clearly never sat on a Ninja 250, let alone ridden one.

>two carbs
>hard

>sporty riding position

Ninja 250's are practically upright in seating position compared to an actual sportbike.

They can do more than 80mph too, unlike most dual sports.

That's quoted horsepower for the new street triple which is a street legal naked tuned for torque. For reference the 675 striple makes ~80-85 HP but the same motor in the Daytona makes 125, in full moto2 race tune they could easily make well over 150 with the 765, though they may just leave it around 130 because everyone uses the same engine.