So im taking my drivers ed here and ive been driving for 24 classes and still have 12 to go and i already signed myself...

So im taking my drivers ed here and ive been driving for 24 classes and still have 12 to go and i already signed myself up for the exam which costs 50€ and you must drive like an idiot to pass it(10 below speed limit,stopping for pedestrians,parking space to vehicle(s) on your sides must be 20 cm +-5 is tolerated). But what is scaring me the most is shifting gears ,the car is a Mk5 Golf 1.9 TDi 6 speed. One day i will be driving perfectly,shifting, hill starting and the next day i will stall it 1-2 times. How can i git gud at driving a manual? I watched a ton of tutorials but still the car jerks when going up a gear and the speed drops quite a lot.

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
You practice, numbnuts...

how do you stall a 2l diesel hatch?

Been there my friend, ask your instructor for extra exercises. It will be fine, I had troubles with hill starting too. Just practise and practise lots.

Btw you are supposed to stop for pedistrians in a lot of cases. Be sure to learn which cases because otherwise you will fail for giving someone priority while they do not have it. At least, that nearly happened to me.

Oh dear?
> Can't shift a 1.9 diesel...

Is it sick? Mk5's are like ten years old now right? Miggt be on it's original clutch (but maybe for not much longer?)

Otherwise - fuck. I don't think even 'extra sessions' are gonna cut it...

...does your country have the option of "automatic transmission only" licences?

>tfw burger
>Just needed to do turns around a course and parallel park to get my license

Just drop the clutch more slowly and that's it.

You have a fucking diesel Golf, the most easy car on the planet to pass your drivers ed. You can gain speed without even touching the gas pedal in the first gear with slowly dropping the clutch.
You can start that bitch in fucking 4th gear if you want.

>but still the car jerks when going up a gear and the speed drops quite a lot.
That's because you drop the clutch fast and then touch the gas. You should push the clutch, change gear and then slowly depress your clutch WHILE already pushing the gas pedal slightly.
It's a matter of feel. And I'm pretty sure your instructor has told you that mutiple times now but feel free to ask him about that specifically so he can assist you properly, you are paying for that.

where is your father, he was supposed to teach you how to change gears on an empty fucking parking lot

I've noticed that in a TDI Jetta that I drive on occasion.

If I slowly let go of the clutch, in 1st, and apply no gas, it will still pop forward a decent bit when it engages. Almost like an automatic.

Don't fret too much, i'm form eu too. My driving examinator didn't care too much about technical driving skills, driving safely and anticipating traffic correctly was much more importand.
I almost stalled the lesson car once during the exam.
As others said, you're lucky with a 1.9l diesel, I had too drive a 1.2l corsa ecoflex (ecomode on was mandatory).
Just leave the clutch around the gripping point a tad longer, a trick is used wit that shitbox was to roll my foot off to the side as to force myself to declutch more gently.
Also, press with only your big toe on the gas pedal while clutching. Practice a bit wile standing still, if you keep the rpm under/around 1.5k you're applying somewhat the right amount of force.
When you get your own car, you eventually get so used to it, that you shift faster than the rpm drops when releasing the gas

>paying for 36 classes

>at driving a manual? I watched a ton of tutorials but still the car jerks when going up a gear and the speed drops quite a lot.

You're shifting too early.

Does nobody on this board drive manual or do you all just lack any reading comprehension?

All manuals do this. Going in 1st without gas is how youre suppressed to learn in the first place.

>tfw burger
Wtf are driving classes btw?

It's a diesel and it's driving lessons.
They want you to drive as eco as possible, instructors in eu start to screech as soon as you go over 3k rpm in a diesel.
Ideally, they want you to keep the rpm between 1.5k and 2.5k.
Only exception for me was when entering the highway, but then it was the opel corsa shitbox that started screeching at 3.5k rpm

Not really. Any 1.4 or lower petrol engine will stall out on the slightest hill or if you don't lift the clutch extremely slowly.
Instructors tend to use diesels though, just because it's so much harder to stall them.

>Instructors tend to use diesels though, just because it's so much harder to stall them.
And because the fuel is a lot cheaper.

By dropping clutch. Happened to me few times with the same exact car.

Just chill, mate. The more you think about it the more likely it is you'll fail your exam. I learned it the hard way. I know it's a stupid advice but try to "feel" your car.

This desu, was asked to perform a parallel park on a hill with a shit ton of bicyclists and cars. Failed my first try due to going in a tad too late. Had to stop for 5 minutes because the traffic just kept coming, in the end the examinator just said screw it and scrapped that part. I passed the driving test and the dude even conplimented me on my looking/observation of my surroundings during the parking.

Funniest part of my exam was that the instructor told me to overtake a semi while entering the highway. Got mad at first because I said we wouldn't make it and told me to floor it. Joke was on him as I was already flooring that eco corsa in 4th gear while going 90km/h.
Afterwards he said even he learned something new, he was surprised that such a "road-unworthy piece of crap" got through inspection.

Classes where u learn theoretical part. Signs, rules, max speed limit, car essentials, road markings/lines etc. You must pass theory first, then ur allowed to proceed to driving tests. Theory part is partially shit, because they force you to learn stuff that isnt even related to ur driving category.

When going uphill you need to rev higher before shifting. I normally shift at 1,600 rpm in my car, but shift at 2,000 going uphill. When going uphill your car will slow down a lot in between shifts so you have to compensate.