Honda CR-V

i never hear anyone talk about the crv, are they just the civic of crossovers or are they shit ?

>are they shit
the one in your picture is, that's when honda first started to go downhill, any generation before that is pretty good though. My Mom has an 06 she bought new, 260k miles later and still runs like a clock, never had any big repairs. Meanwhile the newer ones are already having problems before they hit 100k.

Drove a 99' for 4 years. It was a dream, 235k miles later before my little brother wrecked it. Good clearance, reliable every day of the year.
>dem 4-speed automatic pulls

why are the new ones shit ?

build quality has declined and cost cutting gets worse each year. This is true for ALL brands but really shows in Honda because their cars used to be bulletproof.

that sucks, i wanted to get the newer ones like from 2009 to 2012

they look really nice

CR-V isn't a crossover.

The HR-V is their crossover.

its a compact crossover

my uncle had one like the one in your picture OP

he started having problems with random shuddering and violent vibrations. Turned out to be something with the AWD system. Warranty covered it thankfully. I'd avoid them.

Better or worse than Nissan?

Still better than Nissan

My mom has that car. Around 40k still good. My sister has the older 1994 model honda crv and it has over 250k and still works but she spend like 2-3k for maintenance and tires.

>Around 40k still good

Wow what a milestone.

Thanks for your insight.

40k is just breaking it in, come back to us when its at 120k

>120k
Wow what a milestone

Half its service life

blah blah blah. Fucking retards who think their riced 1995 civic is the best. It's not. My family has a 2009 Civic, 2011 Odyssey, and a 2015 Civic. All of them purchased new (cause we're not poor). All of them run like champs. Never had a single problem. Where do you even get your shit from?

Honda reliability stopped being true after the 2000s , they're subpar just like any other brand now.

I worked at a Honda dealer for years and CR-Vs always seemed to be the most reliable by a wide margin, even the newer ones

that said, a lot of people will say shit like "honda isn't good anymore" but in all honesty we had a lot of customers with several-hundred-thousand mile cars, even newer stuff. One guy had an 08 Accord with over 400k on the clock and it ran great

>1994 model Honda crv
>2-3k for maintenance and tires.

...Why?

These have a fuckload of space. We sold our extra solar panels to some people who carried all 14 of those 6.5x4ft panels in their car. They fit 10 inside and the other 4 on top. All they had to do was fold down their backseats

I've owned a 2000 and a 2004 both Manual

First Generation is a great simple vehicle besides the rusting issues they are pretty much bullet proof

1st gen you need to get the timing belt changed, and check the valve lash at around 100k mine chipped a exhaust valve because the previous owner lied about getting that set. Remanufactured complete head was only $600 so not a big deal.

Second generation seems to be hands down one of the most reliable used vehicles on the road today, they hold their value and don't seem to rust even in Wisconsin here.

Replace fluids religiously on automatics or you risk transmission shudder and wrecking the torque converter other than that get the timing chain checked for slack at 100k miles.

Of the two I liked the 1st generation more but the better build quality and more power of the second generation with a manual transmission is nice.

Picked the 04 up from Florida Just turned 100k gunna drive it into the ground

Civics at least drive well. The CR-V drives like floaty, barely-controlled boat.

It's the most space-efficient compact SUV, very reliable, and fuel-efficient, so it's the practical choice (and a good vehicle in most of the ways that matter). But if you like driving at all, you'll hate it - you won't want it to last 400,000 miles. The interior's not that great, either.

The CX-5 is currently the one to get.