The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Swords X Fun:
>youtube.com/watch?v=yBDA6i0N0-8
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZH7vyTv8C20
>youtube.com/watch?v=wNQAj-w4OJM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GAhfZ6LOK58
youtu.be/cREXn5FNRmI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for ethereals should be in xcom 2

Is there a patch coming out any time soon that makes the game fun? Im tired of running solo shinobi missions because they're the most effective and being relentlessly punished when i want to take more than 5 troops and blow up ayys

1.3 is supposed to rectify the prevalence of stealth in LW2

Asking for the ETA will get meme replies

>Everytime I go up an armor tier I spend well over an hour adapting everyone's outfits to fit the tier
This is why my campaign's take so long.

did they say how exactly or is it just more mission variety early game?
also more pilots plz

I saw people asking about when they are ready to raid bases in UFO defense. It depends on the alien race. Floaters and sectoids can definitely be done with laser rifles, though sectoids have psionics. If you don't have psi resistant soldiers, power armor + heavy canons is a good combo as you can easily kill sectoids, but your troops will have a hard time killing each other. Just watch out for the discs.

Snekman can be done with lasers, though plasma makes a world of difference against lids in the close combat of the bases.
Mutons I would reccomend plasma to cut through all that health.
I don't reccomend assault ethereal bases period, though obviously if you do, a full psi + plasma squad is recommended.
Techinically all of this can be accomplished regardless of armor, though it is very helpful. I would say floaters obviously easiest, than snakemen. But once you get plasma I would say that mutons are easier than snakemen. Sectoids are the second hardest imo because psi can also fuck stuff up.

Remember, the primary goal of base raids is resources and captives. If you don't have an alien commander, destroying base before you get one is not recommended as you don't want to get stuck waiting for a landed battleship which will also give you unpredictable enemies. And a tougher environment for captures in my opinion.
Remember that you can scout bases and then leave through the access shafts you arrived from with zero consequences.
This means you can also raid the base as many times as you need to get captures, so long as you don't incapacitate all aliens.

Also remember that pistols are useful

This. We need more Titanfall stuff.

?

>still no Dick the Birthday Boy voicepack

Guess what showed in the latest episode of Samurai Jack.
youtube.com/watch?v=GAhfZ6LOK58

Pistols are Useful and Sexy.

fuck that kek

>>also more pilots plz

More Titans too please,

LIDS!

Where can I watch the new show anyway? How much do I need to know from the old show? I only saw some scattered episodes here and there.

maces are useful

youtu.be/cREXn5FNRmI

Bump~

episode 1 and you are good but for i highly recommend watching the earlier seasons they hold up

>light and dark meme fight
Fuck that was a good one

I'm definitely consdiering watching the older ones, but those will always be in the past, these ones are fresh.
Where can I watch the new ones?

They are already in the game, you dumbass.

so co has i think has them on mega but you can watch them on kiss cartoon

LMAO GET A BODY

Chris Evans mod when

shit was rad

Thank you very much user

go get hype my dude and be sure to slay the ayy when you are done

They kind of did.

Gokus don't count. Those bodies got bodied by us.

>>Gokus don't count.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT KAKAROT?!

Is there ever a point in the game where Berserkers are actually dangerous in X2? Their hit chance is ass and being a melee only enemy that doesn't have the ambush and pack factor of Lids means they just get bullied by Overwatch and reaction shots.

if one showed up on gatecrasher like that e3 gameplayvideo it would be a spot of trouble

>unironically playing X2

shoo beags we still have souls you goblin

Collaborator detected

You're not sending me back to the simulation ADVENT.

No not really. It's too bad. Their damage is really pathetic even if they do get to hit you.

Yeah, its a shame especially since everything about them except how they actually perform in combat is intimidating as fuck. From their look, the roaring, their size, and their animations I was shitting myself the first time I encountered one only to find they're complete and utter push-overs.

if they showed up earlier do you think that would help them or maybe passive regen like faceless

Even in the early game you could just bully the fuck out of them with Overwatch I feel.

Just finished. Hype was worth it.

Maybe a mechanic where each hit they took adds armor? Adding on to their rage mechanic. It would encourage single big hits and mean that weaker weapons like pistols and rifles wouldn't do so well.
Then again, grenades, canons, and shotguns are already the solution to everything so idk.

Do that, and increase their damage to make them a threat that's dangerous and takes more effort to take out. That would draw the fire away from their more squishy alien allies and give them a purpose.

That's XCOM EW/2 biggest trap. Just imagine if they allowed you to do that in the original X-COM.

still waiting for roid lancers that take overdrive serum before charging in

We need a Psychic melee/sword attack in the game.

why no HE in x2?

care to elaborate

High Explosives

there's a tactical x4 mod and long war 2 has satchel charges

pretty sure grenadiers took that role through abilities they unlock that and grenades do a lot of environment damage to begin with they probably thought they were redundant

does anyone still play long war 14i like me?

I only play Beta 7, like a true patrician.

what for? Guardians?

These are getting good, what game is that strategic layer music from?

First off they're nerfing stealth:
Officer abilities no longer work on civilians, so you can't just oscar mike command a vip to dash half the map
Conceal is moved up to be a MSGT perk, throw evac and conceal or hack door and conceal was deemed too strong
Evac flare can no longer be reduced down to 1 turn, it now has a minimum
Objectives will now have stationary pods on them, you can no longer run towards prisoners and safely open the door with no enemies around (apparently that was supposed to be how it worked all along but there was a bug with pod generation)

In exchange the infiltration time for small squads (4-5) is now way down, so it's easier to 200% infiltrate with more than one unit.
Pods on stealth missions are also made smaller and weaker to make it possible to engage them.

I don't think it will be enough. As it is now I can barely gear my A team and the B team gets its scraps, if I actually need to gear several full squads the game will just fall apart. NCE is the default but Lump is adamant about not adding commander's choice because he thinks it undermines the GTS but the GTS is nowhere near fast enough to promote all your rookies in a decent amount of time. That and the appeal of GTS to me was always not needing to take a rookie on a mission as opposed to choosing the class. If you're supposed to use more units early on that just means more promotions fucked by NCE. The roster size is also an issue early on but increasing it just makes the gear and promotion issues worse.

The risk/reward of stealth was only one aspect of why people did it, the other was that they didn't have other squads ready so it was either stealth it or ignore it. If you don't make it easier to get multiple squads off the ground it's still going to be easier to gear suicide missions because hard is always preferable to impossible.

not as enemies you can fight

quick question lads. How THE FUCK does Xcom 2 expect me to save the transmitter when after 2 rounds of an Andromedon firing at it it's down to half health and it took me 3 turns to reach it while dashing my whole squad like madmen in concealed mode?!

Once I reached it eery enemy on the map was there and even if I could have beaten them all (I could not) the transmitter was down in 4 turns.

that's bullshit

Commander difficulty btw

not all missions are meant to be winnable ;^)

Is it recomended to just have one squad of super soldiers or should I have 2 alternating them between each mission? This is for vanilla

heh...well restarting this shit. Gotta love Ironman :^)

Grenades will fix all your problems

You should be training rookies with your super soldiers so you can have backups

Ace Combat 4!

reposting link now that people are awake youtu.be/cREXn5FNRmI

This still seems really good imo. If things are un-balanced once you start to fight ayys again and aren't doing stealth missions. then the devs will be forced to balanced difficulty around this reality.
It's funny, I actually suggested making the evac timer longer to prevent stealth gameplay.
Things might be unbalanced now, but this actually gives me hope that they will move away from stealth like I was hoping.

>You should be training rookies with your super soldiers so you can have backups
alright thanks doing that now on my new run

>Grenades will fix all your problems
yeah I love incindiary. they've saved my ass many times

Why aren't Floaters and Sectoid Commanders a thing anymore?

Also, Xenonauts does XCOM better than Firaxis' XCOM. Prove me wrong.

>Floaters
Upgraded to Archons.

>Sectoid Commanders
The base model Sectoid got an upgrade.

I miss the German tortu....interrogations

>Also, Xenonauts does XCOM better than Firaxis' XCOM. Prove me wrong.
I've never finished xenonauts. And by never finished, I've never completed more than 3 missions in a single campaign before I put the game down. If "doing XCOM" better than XCOM means creating a bland lifeless clone that tries to be x-com but is completely inferior, than I suppose you are correct.

I really like the atmosphere of xenonauts, but it always ends like said. The tactical layer is at best boring and at worst tedious.

Because normal Sectoids are now a combination of EU Sectoids and the Commanders.
Floaters are Archons.

Man, I'd love to have those guns in XCom 2.

Y'know, while on the topic, whatever happened to Seekers, Mechtoids, and all the other robot enemies (except Sectopods)? I think the Cyberdiscs are supposed to be Gatekeepers now.

>downgraded to Archons
ftfy, Archons don't hold the same horrid and grotesque appeal as Floaters. Also they don't have the ability to make 20% shots from across the map just because they moved three tiles to the left and get the flanking shot.

I've played both, and Xenonauts feels a bit more polished. I dunno, but something about it feels more... complete than UFO Defense. I had about equal fun with both though, so I guess it doesn't matter if one is better than the other.

But Commanders were a substantial enemy in EU/EW. They had a shitton of Psi abilities that weren't just Zombies, Insanity, and Mindfray.

>But Commanders were a substantial enemy in EU/EW. They had a shitton of Psi abilities that weren't just Zombies, Insanity, and Mindfray.
I honestly forgot the total psi capabilities between all the enemies in vanilla X2 because I've been using ABA2 for so long.

Reckon I should sell some of these resources?

>822 meld
>not researched
u w0t

I don't have psionics researched yet, but I do have gene mods/mecs researched. I guess it counts as not researched until psionics?

I have never not regretted selling stuff.
And yet I keep doing it.

>but I do have gene mods/mecs researched.
weird, but at least that makes sense.

I use Long Dong myself, but they only ever use 3-4 abilities: Zombify or whatever its called, Mindfray, Insanity, and Mind Control.

No. Never sell any raw materials like Meld, Alloys, or Elerium. You need a shitton of each to fully outfit your soldiers and stay ahead of the tech curve.

>But Commanders were a substantial enemy in EU/EW. They had a shitton of Psi abilities that weren't just Zombies, Insanity, and Mindfray.
The big reveal about commanders in EU was that they can mind control. X2 sectoids can all do that from the start, though their retarded AI makes them prioritize necromancy

Personally I'd sell the stasis tanks and surgeries. They're used for a very expensive foundry project that reduces medbay vacations. Which is nice if you can afford it, but I doubt you'll be getting it soon.

Also I sell meld aggressively for an early game boost, but you're past the early game so I honestly don't know if you're better off just using it for its intended purpose or not.

Has anyone got that video of beserker attacking a regular muton.

I like that Beags is going back to TNX, but maybe he would like LW2 more after 1.3 and if he/we created a host of modlist that would improve the experience/solve his issues since vanilla LW2 is kinda shit

>Xenonauts
That game's in my back log, I'll play it today and let you know. All I can say so far is that I like the look of it, the atmosphere seems spot on.

Sounds like a plan. My roster is nearly full anyways, so a couple dudes in medbay won't hurt me any. Really need those aircraft upgrades in the foundry.

Xenonauts has no strategic depth and cannot sustain more than one playthrough, decided to balance so much against the base game of UFO that they nerfed explosives, and is overall an inferior clone of UFO which only has slightly better sprites.

nerfed explosives to the point of cosmetics

RIP Nosferatu

?

I'll miss Constantine's laugh.

Mindspin and psi reanimated are the only psi abilities they have. Mindspin is the ayy version of insanity, which has a chance to panic, disorient or mind control a unit.

Why are xcom guns so huge?

because they have huge guts

big guns big bullets for big ayys

Clear detail from the overhead zoomed out camera.

>they nerfed faceoff
>they nerfed formidable
>covering fire now activates a debuff
>flush now activates a debuff
>serial now loses damage on consecutive kills