Whats the point in having nice things

>best friend spends half his life clay baring, polishing, waxing, and keeping his car in pristine condition
>every moment he's not working he's cleaning his car
>gets run over and killed by a drunk driver when he was using the cross walk
>car gets left to his dad, Who gives it to his sister
>she never changes the oil, washes it, interior is caked in salt residue from winter still, dents all over it from a woman driver
>friend is literally rolling in his grave

What's the point of having a nice car instead of shitbox? One day you could get run over by a drunk driver and suddenly your sister is abusing your baby

>What's the point of enjoying nice things
Are you ok OP?

what car was it

Yea I'm ok.

Just depressing when you look at your car, Knowing someone is going to be mistreating it if you die before it dies.
It was a 2005 KB Mustang GT, Not the one pictured. I don't even know If I would want a picture of what it looks like now.....It's so sad.

I mean that is a sad story and a pretty shitty thing for her to not care for the car that used to belong to her now dead brother. However, the point of caring for your vehicle is really just so YOU can feel good about having a nice clean car. You drive it around, maybe take it to shows and get compliments everywhere you go, it just feels nice. As a detailer I care for my cars pretty extensively but when I sold my last car I didn't really care what the next owner did to it.

Stop being so attached to a car. There is nothing wrong with wondering what's going to happen, but being anxious over it is bad.
Don't let anxiety handicap you.

It is sad, It's sad she's such a selfish person....She knew how much that car meant to her brother. Fuckin bitch....

Yea....I suppose your right in a way.

Do you ever have to see your old car(s) around town?

That's probably what upsets me the most, His bitch sister lives in the same town as me and I see his car all the time. It gets sadder looking by the week

Cars are just a mode of transportation.
I appreciate fast and exotic cars, but I'd rather put more money in my investment portfolio so I can retire early, thanks to compound interest.

It's hard not to man....It's the 2nd most expensive thing you'll likely ever buy in your life.

It's hard to not take care of a 20k dollar + investment like It's your flesh and blood.

I get a ton of anxiety wondering if my car will be virtually worthless by the time I have it payed off, From soccer moms smashing doors into it in parking lots or wondering if a drunk 16yo is going to rear end it at a stop light.

>One day you could get run over by a drunk driver and suddenly your sister is abusing your baby
Because while I am alive I like to enjoy myself.

There is nothing wrong with taking care of something you own (or something you don't own, for that matter). You need to see a therapist if you aren't joking. It sounds like you're actually handicapped worrying about things you can not control.

I'm dead serious. I wouldn't joke about my friends death or how I feel about it.

Idk about that, But thank you for the suggestion man.

> walking

I found the real problem

>It's hard not to man....It's the 2nd most expensive thing you'll likely ever buy in your life.

Or you could be a little more ambitious and work hard to achieve a better standard of living. I doubt a car is a millionaire's 2nd most expensive belonging.

Be responsible, take care of your things, but realize that the future always has better and newer things in store for you. I bet your friend is riding a Ford GT in paradise.

This. By the time I sell them I couldn't give a shit. The only one I miss was my comet gt. Traded to a buddy for some shitty spider he never maintained, the engine of which blew four hours later on my way back to college. To add insult to injury the next time I saw him he'd ripped out the indestructible leather super comfy seats I'd pulled out of the junkyard and thrown some paper thin vinyl aftermarket shit in there.

God Dammit now I'm mad. I guess I'm lucky every other vehicle either went to the junkyard or so far away I never saw them again. People are fucking cunts and don't deserve our cars!

I feel you man, its why I drive two cars. My dd is mechanically sound, but is it shitbox through and through. My weekend car though is something I have full autism with. If I go out to eat I always have to park in a spot where I can see my car. And if I go to a place where I can't visibly see my car, I'll park it at least a 1/4 mile away from any of car just to make sure some asshole doesn't hit my doors.

Thank you for the advice sir.

Means a lot

It's a matter of perspective.

I enjoy the satisfaction of making a car gleam. I also enjoy making my yard look like a fancy park.

Pride in ownership is its own reward

Holy shit, Are you me?

My DD just died on me last month at 256k miles.

Now I'm full autism constantly because I only have my nice car left. Got off at 8pm last night and set up work lights in my driveway so I could finish washing it after I got home and It was already dark.

I think the DD shitbox is the way to go if you don't want your autism flaring up every day. Seriously....I need to get another shitbox

So my first car I ever owned was a 95 trans-am and the autotragic trans went out on me (was car noob at the time and couldn't drive stick) so I sold it to a mechanic who fixed it for his son. I saw that car driving around a few times and it put a smile on my face to see it on the road again.

My last car I sold was my 07 335i. Started to get high mileage on it and was just tired of maintaining it. I kept stupid good care of the exterior/interior so it looked brand new still, crimson red paint shined like crazy and caught anyone's eye. Sold it to some nigger that drove down from another state to buy it. He didn't even fucking test drive it, just looked at it and was like "DAMNN DAT SHIT CLEAN" then he started it up and was like "sheeeit I got da cash right here" (car had good sounding exhaust lol). Took his money and never saw him again. I'm kind of curious what it looks like now, I'd be laughing my ass of if it has 24" rims on it or some shit. Doubt it's still running at this point though.

I plan to be burned to ash in my car, viking funeral style

I GOTS 26 INCH BLADES NOW SON.

I don't think I could ever, In my right mind. Sell anything to a nigger, Not only because I'll likely just get robbed. But because I don't want afrosheen and crack smoke ruining the interior. Or seeing it on the new during a police chase.

I don't think I could handle that sorta thing.

Actually a great idea. I'm making a living will ASAP

I know what you are talking about OP.
I imported a 2002 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK into Canada last month and have been absolutely autismal about maintenance and cleaning so far. Even to the point of refusing to drive on a road that looks even mildly dusty. I would hate if some retard were to crash into me at a stoplight and it be totaled.

hahaha I was a bit scared at first cause he sounded like a thug over the phone so I brought my buddy with me. Ultimately I did feel bad selling it to him but he overpaid for the car and didn't talk me down. Plus it had a handful of things wrong with it.

Cus at least you had it

sounds like most of these people living in south LA
>get told "imma cop a foreign"
>yeah ok senpai
>same person drives up with bmw
>90's to early 2000's
>base model
>150k+ miles
never fails
>proceeds to drive the balls out of it and wonder why you have transmission issues and timing problems
>races everything, thinking it's "fast"
gee i wonder why my cousin didnt have his a5 for a couple months

>Today on things that didn't happen.

Op where are you? Lets go get you some frozen custard

>I always have to park in a spot where I can see my car
>I'll park it at least a 1/4 mile away from any of car just to make sure some asshole doesn't hit my doors
lol I do this shit too. unfortunately this is LA, which basically means I can't really park. Even the ultracool automated parking gizmo they have here is out because it has a clearance minimum

This is why wills are a thing.

What's the point in anything?

Something bad might happen so why do anything.

>this is you, OP

MI.

I'm going to make a living will ASAP so I can either be set on fire inside my car, Or buried in it.

I couldn't be at rest knowing someone like my sister could possibly come into possession of my car.

>What's the point of having a nice car instead of shitbox?
maybe so you can enjoy it while you're alive, like in your story, people die young and you never know when it'll happen so why not try to enjoy life while you can

if i'm dead then i don't really give a fuck what happens to my cars now do i

but if i'm alive it's nice to have nice things

Because why the fuck do I care what happens to an object that doesn't affect me anymore?

I do the things I do (ie keeping my car and house immaculate) because I love to do it and the outcome. Not necessarily the thing itself. Say I land a job making much more than I do now, I could easily get rid of those things for better things with no qualms.

>See car I grew up in driving around town years later
>Trunk door has been replaced (hydraulic bit snapped and went through it)
>Exterior cleaned up
>Interior fixed up
Feels good man.

I dunno. Do you?

i am stupid an always want to know
what is this?

a parachute

He enjoyed it while he was alive. Thats what matters.

It's a parachute. It's for stopping faster during high speed runs. Usually you don't need one unless you run something faster then a 9 second quarter mile

Right in the feels.

Your right man, I shouldn't care what his bitch sister does

Thanks

I'm sure it was written off years ago, and is now a jungle gym. Sorry about your friend, that must have been tough.

Good thing my car is financed!

What is wrong with his dad? Is he gay?

It's manual and he couldn't drive it lo.

I think it sat for a full year before he didn't know what to do with it so he gave it to his dumbass daughter

>Illegal to drive on the road because of protruding chute

Hope that drunk driver got a life sentance

>you will die
>Better live a life you hate

Although I think your buddy was a bit too autistic about keeping his car clean but if he had fun doing it then he was better off doing it.

>Uncle spent all his money on boats and parties
>Everyone in the family thinks he is a dumbass and keeps lecturing him on saving
>Does this for years
>A little while after he turns 45 he says he is going into the hospital for a check up
>Get a call from the hospital
>Man is dead
>Apparently he had cancer for a while and

Some people say his lifestyle killed him but a lot of us thinks he knew he was going to kick the bucket

>His daughter can drive manual
>He can't

hoooooly fucking shit are you serious

Honestly, Yes.

He's not really a car guy..

There are conflicting accounts of Diogenes's death. He is alleged variously to have held his breath; to have become ill from eating raw octopus; or to have suffered an infected dog bite. When asked how he wished to be buried, he left instructions to be thrown outside the city wall so wild animals could feast on his body. When asked if he minded this, he said, "Not at all, as long as you provide me with a stick to chase the creatures away!" When asked how he could use the stick since he would lack awareness, he replied "If I lack awareness, then why should I care what happens to me when I am dead?"

Must be though man... Was it not possible for you to be able to purchase the car off them? I bet that if you told them the story they would sell it to you if you made a decent offer. I would then restore that ride to its former glory and drivenit in memory of my good friend.

Can't take it with you, OP. You can take your conscientiousness and your skills though. That's worth something.

Its not like you'll care, you'll be dead son. You won't be able to care about anything. You wont even know you're dead, let alone your car is being mistreated. Get over it and go for a walk outside.

I'm in Southeast Michigan. Let's go get some Yates donuts and cider, OP.