Ford Scum!

Best gen ram

>Solid axle > floppycock ifs

1974 f150

but that isnt cool dad

Muh dick

dumb GM fangirl

Why are they so cool?

Seriously though, is it suicide to start driving with a manual pickup?

>best engine for '86 F-150 only made 150 HP

Absolute fucking disgust

Only if you get into a moderately high speed collision or head on something.

Or you know, if you don't replace the brakes or anything.

enough arguing post more vintage trucc

C U R V Y

8 0 ' S

1950 chevy 3100

Downhill from here for chevy

Why does no one love the 2000's 10th gen Ford

90s-00s s10/silverado
they're easy to maintain and cheap to repair with parts still being widely available

>have a love for boxy 80s-90s trucks
>all of them in my area have rusted over or been lifted and destroyed by teenage "rednecks"

why even live anymore

1993 Dodge D150 5.9 360
The perfect truck for an electrical engineer because you will fucking learn it owning this bad ass mother fucker

That front aint no 74 my dude

Also there were no F150s in '74, the first F150-year was 1975

Buy a cheap lifted one sell the lift kit put in a kit of your choice profit?

Because everyone bitches about the "jellybean" design rather than how it functions.

I kinda like it desu, not my favorite though, I like the late 70s more.

I currently drive an 01 lariat with 230,000 runs like brand new and I love it altho my window power relay slot just recently broke and now the relay won't even go in, anyone hav any possible tips to fix it or do I have to get a whole new fuse/relay box? (Cab box not engine)

Funny way to say 1973 through 1987 Chevy Squarebody.

>more parts availability
>more aftermarket support
>tree fiddy
>parts bin galore

Any 6th gen F250. Dad had 2 of these at the same time. Easy enough to work on, power when you need it. Old vehicle respek.

"The sixth generation F-series was introduced in 1973. This version of the F-series continued to be built on the 1965 fourth generation's revised platform, but with significant modernizations and refinements. Front disc brakes, increased cabin dimensions, gas tank relocated outside the cab and under the bed, significantly improved heating and air conditioning, full double wall bed construction, increased use of galvanized steel, SuperCab was introduced in the sixth generation pickup.

The FE engine series was discontinued in 1976 after a nearly 20-year run, replaced by the more modern 351 series (Modified) and 400 series engines.

In 1975, the F-150 was introduced in between the F-100 and the F-250 in order to avoid certain emission control restrictions. For 1978, square headlights replaced the previous models' round ones on higher trim package models, such as Lariat and Ranger, and in 1979 became standard equipment. 1979 was the last year that the 460 big block engine was available in a half ton truck." -Wikipedia

Can confirm
truck comes with a printer in the bed for your ee degree

Anything but the God-damned Jeep Comanche.
Ask me how I know.

A little more complexity, and things like hill starts with cars behind you can be stressful at first. But you can do it. Check to see if the manual transmission of whatever truck you're thinking of is generally more reliable than the automatic. Nice thing about driving a pickup with no cap on is they have very few blind spots.

I almost bought a used 90s F-150 with a manual and it was very easy to drive, shifter throw was not overly long and it felt good.

Guy I know just flew down to Arizona to buy one of these and drive back to Wisconsin. He also bought a tow dolly and towed another pickup home with it. Really nice looking vehicles. I know newer shit is probably safer with all that crash absorption stuff but just seems flimsy compared to older trucks.

How do you know, user?

Can confirm. First two vehicles were 1985 Ranger & 2003 Ranger edge.

This is just the most recent task.
Never fall in love with an aesthetic, kids.

CHEBBY SUBURBAN

If it's not the lightning its shit

>lifted
>cheap
That just skyrockets the price because "muh mods" and they list off every aftermarket part they want to make their money back on.

Christ, where do you live?

He could live in Death Valley and a Comanche would still rust out. As sexy as they are, the bodies are complete garbage.

Texas, but I have no clue how long the back window was leaking. Always physically push on all the windows when buying old trucks.

1986 Dodge W250 nuff said

It's the 5.4 V8 triton 4x4 lariat that's alright isn't it?

This

Literally anything with the 3rd gen vortec 350 which everyone knows is the literal perfect engine

One day, thousands of dollars from now, my MJ will look that nice.

1988 c/k 1500 Silverado.

That was my first truck and vehicle with the smallest cab and long bed, 7/10 truck for costing a grand. It obviously had some problems by then but nothing serious broke or stopped working while I had it.

I see you're a man of culture as well

first gen tundra

wow that was easy

Gmc cyclone

My mom had one briefly. Key word briefly. Bought it brand new and the power steering pump went out after 6 months. Apparently it wasn't worth all the maintenance, so she got rid of it.

How do people put 200k+ miles on these? Is it because my mom cheaped out and didn't get the V8? My friend's Expedition from the same era has over 300,000 miles on it. It has the Triton V8.

that dude painted that truck with rustoleum in his driveway. Hero.

Does the V8 have a lot of power? Tired of flooring it in my Frontier just to accelerate at a normal rate compared to every other car on the road.

I want those 380 horses that the newer 5.7L V8 has, but if the first gen V8 Tundras have some get-up-and-go, then I'd be happy with one of those. Gotta have power around here.

1985 Datsun Hardbody Pick-up. I4, ~77 horses under the hood, Drum brakes, 5 speed manual, 375k+ miles with an 8 ball epoxied on top of the shifter. Rear suspension worn so bad it wobbled like a bullshit perpetual motion machine if you cornered hard. My D from ages 16-20

I secretly want to only own that truck, these Tacomas, Rangers, ect, all false gods. Mere idols.

Toyota shopping cart retrieval/scrap metal pick-up/gardener truck.

[spoiler] I've wanted one since I was a kid[/spoiler]

God damn, he must have spent a fucking month and a half on the prep-work. More than I could stomach, that's for sure.

so whats the mpg for this ?

I've heard that the V6 triton and the 4.8 V8 are meh but the 5.4 Triton's amazing alot of them go 500,000+ with decent matainence

65' chevy turbo titan lll

99 250, 6.8

This.

Rangers are straightforward as shit, & still feel sufficiently trucky without being an unwieldy road boat

>1st gen ram
>no Cummins

Might as well kill yourself

Mazda/Ford ranger
Toyota taco