Why did they fuck it up like that?

Why did they fuck it up like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naumachia
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you mean 'they fucked it up'? It's a very elaborate 2000 year old structure, it's amazing that it's still there and hasn't completely fallen apart

They didn't, an earthquake did.

I guess he's talking about the roads and building around it.

oh please rome is one of the better cities when it comes to preserving landmarks

the better question is did they really fill it up with water and ships to reenact sea battles and if so how

It really is mindbogglingly when you think about it.

italy loves cars

At least it isn't a joke like the stone henge by putting a fuckin fence around it.

Tour Buses drive on that road

Yes, they did. Only once, though; they had a separate kind of stadium for that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naumachia

As for how they filled it, they had a special aqueduct for that express purpose that carried non-potable water.

Seems our culture is in some ways not so different as the Romans.
Bread and games... Bread and games...

They needed the materials from a building none used to build and expand their living economy.

really makes u think

Rome fell. I cry every day. Hold me Veeky Forums.

In my 5 day trip to Rome I've been to dozens of cool locations and sites (Forum Romanum, Villa Borghese and Musei Capitolini were my favourites) but only saw the Colosseum once or twice from a distance. Didn't bother seeing it from nearby.

It didn't. It turned into the Catholic church

it never fell in our hearts

Villa Borghese is awesome. 10/10, would recommend, especially the Bernini stuff.

Because the Italians are fucking incompetent with taking care of their heritage.

See: Ostia and Pompeii

The Coliseum was already like that when Porta Pia's breach happened, sure it can't be the Italian state's fault for not undoing decades if not centuries of recycling marble and stone from it.