Hoondai Genesis

Why is this car never discussed on Veeky Forums?

>348 HP 295 lb/ft
>RWD
>N/A V6
>Good looking coupe
>Nice Interior
>LSD Option
>Manuals are plentiful on the market

Whats the catch? How is this not discussed more often, seems like a steal for a good looking coupe with good numbers.

Forgot to mention. Found a 2013 3.8 GT with 40K miles for only 15.9k

Several of my friends have them, and ive driven multiple versions and model years.
I can sum it up in one sentance
>good on paper
In otherwords they drive like utter garbage. Everything, the clutch, brakes, throttle, steering, shifter, buttons, EVERYTHING feels like cheap garbage.
Dont get me wrong, i was excited for this car before it came out, and it really is a great car on paper. But go drive one and see for yourself.

Veeky Forums is to busy jerking off Japanese car companies that produce sports cars which lose to minivans.

It's incredibly heavy (3,613lbs / 1,639kg) and the direct injection heads are garbage. It's too big and heavyto be a touge car, yet too slow to compete with modern muscle cars. Maybe when they finally put the genesis sedan 5.0 in it, it'll be interesting.

I'm only this harsh because I wanted one, until I drove one. It's a boring, detached driving experience, even with the 6-speed.

>>good on paper
This, also a new gencoupe costs as much as a mustang v6.

>Why is this car never discussed on Veeky Forums?

penis windows

>What's that catch?
Modding it is stupid expensive. If you find anything for it. Want a catback? That's a jillion dollars. Piece on together? $1,000+.

>gook quality

looks good on paper but mediocre and underwhelming in reality
koreans cant make a good car

I never saw that before but now I can't un-see it. It is like with the Makarov and dick grips.

Hyundai

I'm going back and forth from this (Genesis)

2015 Mustang V6 since I loved the way it looks and drove from my test drive.

Ecomeme, a little over budget and doesn't sound as good as the V6, not worth the extra change to have 2 less cylinders and only go marginally faster than the V6.

370Z, Test drove it but it was an auto convertible and it felt so sluggish and the interior felt cramped. Plus insurance is a little higher.

Have around $17k to play with, but since im younger and live in a city full of retards the insurance on the 2011+ Mustang GT prices me out of it.

S2000? Boxster?

>Test drove a auto 370z convertible
I would have tested one, but the Nissan dealer wanted do something I can't remember, maybe background check/credit check beforehand. I never went, but that's what the Dodge dealer next door said. Besides, it was used and someone modded the outside of it.

Good on paper. Drive a Genesis Coupe to something like a BRZ or a Mustang GT back-to-back and you'll understand that a lot of what makes a sports car good is hard to define. It's all the little intangible stuff Hyundai sucks at.

Already drive a 2006 Miata, dont want another 2+2, want a coupe with a little more room.

Really don't want to buy a car older than 10 years old with the money I have since It will be my daily and I have to keep insurance in check.

Holy shit, I always thought they looked weird, never could figure out why until now

I wasnt going to buy an auto conv. It was the only Z in my local area so I wanted to at least drive it.

Same thing here. Only one Z, and it was that one I talked about. Saw a picture, a red Z, someone had put those stupid fake vents over the small side window towards the rear. And it was auto.

This

>Whats the catch?
Insurance desu, and less than stellar looks. I'd probably have ended up driving one right now if it wasn't for the ridiculous quote I got.

>racing an automatic

It was their first attempt at an "enthusiast" type of car. It flopped, and it seems they listened to the criticism they got because they got the former head of BMW's M division to work on their own performance division and got Lotus to refine the handling of the later Genesis sedan.

It's not necessarily a bad car, but it's the worst option in its class.

I have one. Put 85k km's on it in the last 2 years.

Here's the deal with this car. There is only one option worth buying: The 3.8 R-Spec. It beats the Eco and 370z (with a LSD) by 3-5k dollars and comes with a serious warranty. If you buy any other optioned version of this car you're an idiot. Just go get a 370z or an eco if you want back seats.

Everything people say about the build quality is mostly true. To call it shit is wrong. To call it lesser than it's competition is correct.

The car is as fast as it's immediate competition (eco and 370z) and a rattle out of your shifter or soft stock brakes wont be a difference maker outside of professional drivers on a closed course.

this user hit the nail RIGHT on the head

the car looks absolutely amazing on paper. Comes loaded with all this performance equipment for cheap yet fails to be competitive against a mustang V6 or camaro V6

Because everything in its class is better

They couldn't make up for it being a shit to drive sports car with a nice warranty, people who want a sports car don't care about that sort of thing

Get the memeboost, they had the option of the performance package and simple tunes get great power out of them

I test drove a BRZ, a 370z, and a Genesis Coupe in the same day.

The BRZ was fun, the 370z was fast and still fun, and the Genesis Coupe filled me with disgust.

Could be that I drove it right after driving the 370z, but my impression was that it's not really a sports car.

>3,613lbs
At this point its better to take a used camaro ss

>v6

throw it in the garbage