/ndg/ - NieR/Drakenguard General #56

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Heppy edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Machine Research Report
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pick one
Weight of the World by ____:
>Emi Evans
>J'Nique Nicole
>Marina Kawano

Still all of them

SFM Lewds where?

Because of sexy pics in the last thread I'm now at work with a massive erection and want to cum into Toobs.

Its your fault!

There's a link to lewds in the pastebin in the OP.

>early game: oneshotted by everything
>midgame: kill bosses before they finish their first sentence
why is this allowed

So I just finished Ending B. Regarding the preview, are endings C and D tied together? How does this work?

What difficulty?

>Ending E
>Someone managed to make their message "I like 2B! I like 2B! I like 2B!"

They clearly balanced the game around you dying and not being able to recover your chip sets every now and then, when in reality the vast majority of people would just reload if that happens. They had to account for you doing pretty much every boss without any chips at all.
It sucks quite a lot, I like the story/setting implications of that entire mechanic but I feel the game would have been a lot better off without it

do androids even have genitalia?

Are you trying to start a shitstorm?

I love A2!

I am enthusiastic to find out and experiment!

Does finishing downed enemies off with the circle button do anything other than look cool?

Hard. I finished the game and i didn't really grinded chips (i didn't get lucky with any diamonds either) and by the end i spent like 10 seconds for every boss.

I'd do that if i didn't get literally oneshotted without chips and checkpoints weren't 30 minutes ago. I only remember checkpoints being good at opera boss and in the very end and kind of bearable for adam fight, in every other bossfight it's just straight up 20-30 minutes loss (aka easy mode auto chips rush)

Erotic fanart only cares about canon as far as it serves erotic fanart. The point isn't to give an accurate portrayal of the fiction, but to jack off.

Platinum Games

>not getting off to the idea of the necesarry work arounds
>not enjoying the thought of giving 2B a big injection of E-drug every time she sits on your face to condition her to associate it with pleasure.
I mean I could go on but come on user, there are so many options beyond old fashion penetration.

The only one that can cum inside her is 9S, get the fuck out of here

Hits enemies around it sometimes

My headcanon is that they have but its not functional. They bleed, they can eat, and they can do a lot of human things that are useless for and android, why not give theme genitals?

So, who the fuck are Adam and Eve? Just machines? Why are they human like then?

Who are thise red dress girls?

Is the "2b and 9s lying on rooftop, A2 is dead" the end-end? I didn't miss any more cutscenes? What happened to a2 anyways?

It's only split at the end of the route

I'm actually kind of interested if there is anything about android genitals in the game. We know that Adam and Eve (yes, I know they're machines but same difference) aren't shown with them, but I kind of figured that was a ratings thing. While they do wear underpants because humans did, they do so because humans did it to cover up their genitalia.

Besides, we don't really see Kaine's penis in Nier 1 either, only a slight bulge (she's a grower not a shower) but the other media like the book, which are not rated by CERO/the ESRB, she's jacking off in the bushes, so it doesn't seem like Taro would shy away from that kind of thing.

Replay the game and actually pay attention next time.
You seem to have missed pretty much the entire story somehow.

They are machines, but if you've noticed, plenty of other machines (like Pascal) took on human traits. They're the next step.

Read the Machine Research Report from the game regarding the Red Girls:
nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Machine Research Report

It is the end-end pretty much, but none of them are dead. The Pods rebuilt them from the data they had. The only thing we know that happens after is shown in the Emil Heads Weapon Story, pic related.

Also kind of , I don't get how you missed this much.

Im unironically an idiot, i am unable to process the information on my own.

I kinda thought that machines just "they make mistakes and then do the same, making the same mistakes, over and over" and Adam and Eve would be something diffirent...

>didn't check archives after completing game
Welp, i guess i know how i missed that one, thanks.

Doesn't seem like Taro objects.

I think the folders in the zip should have both English and Japanese names so Taro knows what he's getting.

>slight bulge
That thing is pretty big user

nyanners

He's tweeted about it once or twice, saying the cosplay folder's too small and that the butt focus made him appreciate the worksafe artwork more, so it seems like he roughly understands what's up.

It is in that shot but I found it barely noticeable in most of the game.

It's okay being an idiot (mostly) but the questions you asked were kind of so broad that it'd take a while to properly answer -- a while the game already took, because they're actually answered in the game.

Though granted, the Red Girls stuff is fairly vague and abstract, so you might not end up with a satisfactory answer in that regard, but their role in the story and how what they do affects the main characters is made clear, and that's what matters.

Maybe rewatch some cutscenes on YouTube. Stuff like Adam's speech in the Copied City, Endings D & E, and the moments A2 and 9S directly interact with the Red Girls, which they do in the Tower close to Ending C. Those might help you, in addition to poking around Unit Data and Archives.

>jackass doesn't actually expect to win against the android government

>tfw no "Jackass vs the World" game

Yoko Taro

r u white?

Was there any mention of Beepy at all?
Or are they really just somewhere out in space, never to be referred to again?

I don't think there is, besides the factory being where his model used to be made. That and Fire of Prometheus, but since you're referencing that, you obviously know about it.

>Adam boss: cool, unique
>Opera boss: Cool, unique
>the rest: just a fucking robot, bonus points if it's a ball-like robot.

This, too many same boss
How many fuckign ro-shi are there

Well, there are Engels and Marx too, Grün is a giant shmup section but counts as a boss just in that gameplay, there's Eve, and A2 & 9S at the end, and the first Emil fight is unique too, despite its second one being an Engels repeat.

Though yes, the -Shi repeats are ridiculous. I just think reducing the non-Shi ones to Adam and Simone is silly.

To much balls in my face.
It was frustrating trying to beat them off.
I came for androids, not this.

*Hegel repeat. Got my philosopher assholes mixed.

n2 was a pretty unique boss fight too, you had to defeat it by not fighting it.

on hard modes it gets harder than easier modes since you have to avoid the projectiles not to get oneshotted, and also avoid hitting them so that you don't prolong the fight unnecessarily.

>tfw using Faith sword makes all bullets fight easy

I think the Shi bosses stand out for their lack of context. I wouldn't mind them being mostly repeats if they were somehow tied into the story so that you at least derive some narrative pleasure from fighting them. But in their current state in the game, they're just random assholes who show up and you hit 'em a bunch.

Anyone else notice the Library in the Tower is a copy of the library from Nier?

Are you fucking kidding me?!

Holy shitballs!

forgot about n2, but i beat her on hard by just running in circles. Literally just running in circle without even using sword or gun.

Marx was good as introduction boss and engel\Grün is basically you watching a cutscene. Engel is literally "wait for next thing to happen" and grun is resident evil school of weak points: make them big and yellow.
A2 is literally nothing, 9S is cool i guess since they didn't forget that he can hack but still i didn't find it really that diffirent from other yohra member.

Not sure why i didn't include eve...he's unique in appearance, but bossfight feels so clishe and more annoying than challenging.

Yeah I figured someone would have noticed

>People talking about bosses
>Not even a single mention of Auguste

Dead and forgotten

>Auguste
>Oh look, boss after boss!
>5sec later: ded
It's like he had the same amount of hp as regular robot...

What? She just most likely going to allahu akbar their shit by turning herself into a bomb or something.

The fact that he comes immediately after 21O probably has something to do with it.

>choir of powerful male voices during Birth of a Wish most likely symbolizes either Adam and Eve or N2 itself

Go or stay?

but that's not a victory. it's not like by doing that she would singlehandedly destroy the entire governing body, undo the millennia of brainwashing and fix the ai to remove hardcoded dependence on humans.

even if she blew herself up in some major android city and vaporized the entire place, the ones in charge would likely have backups of themselves, and then it'd just be spun into "a corrupted android infected with logic virus destroyed a city! we better double down on those damnable machines! join your near not-yorha recruitment centers now to stop this menace by joining the war!" propaganda.

Go senpai.
He needs the release.

_Go.

There's only pain on earth for him.

Stay gives you a new bit in the ending cutscene, so that's the best choice.

didn't for me. stay just made nines go "we yorha don't deserve happiness, just death" and then it faded away.

it's funny how he became maniacal and completely two dimensional about his "revenge" but i still felt sad for him in the 9S end.

>All those zombie clowns in the basement

This is stay-exclusive.

>went there too early and had to spend 30 minutes clearing them out and even then i just switched to easy by the end because too boring.

Stay. Gonna carry that weight

you have way too much headcanons for me to argue about anything
we don't even know who created YoRHa and how many of them there is
the only thing i can say for sure that whatever Jackass has on her mind is going to cause quite a bang

Man 9S needs some glasses, that's a cloud nigga.

His descent into madness was both Poignant and spectacular and yet he still managed to be a person worth pity

Besides He's was scanner and managed to go full NUCLEAR on a veritable army of machines, a room full of the android built specifically to kill him, and A2.

Do you think he would just forget the girl who is a meaning of his entire life to go with some homos and saditstic AI?

A2 still ended up being stronger though i wonder how it would've changed if 9S had four years of combat experience and wasn't fucked by logic virus.

It feels like the only "good" way to play the game (or at least bosses) is on normal difficulty with minimum chips and only using recovery items, wish i realised it sooner.

I want to do butt stuff with 9S.

you might argue she already did. her last message that you get after game completion may be just that.

not some physical explosion since that'd be pretty pointless and stupid, but a conceptual one, a truth bomb, destroying the war narrative by showing just how powerless androids really are (with machines intentionally shooting themselves in the foot not to exterminate their enemies immediately, satisfying their own reason for existence, having enemies to fight) and crashing the "humans on the moon" religion yorha+bunker were meant to establish to keep them from self doubt and despair while keeping them busy with a war they could never possibly lose, but also weren't able to win due to the enemy's overwhelming power.

>finish ending D
>30 minutes later: wait, it's Ark, not Arc.
>it makes sence now.

Nier 3 when? TARO GIVE ME GAMES

They're gonna make Drakengard 4 with unused Scalebound tech first, you fucking know it. They even set up a connection already with the Cult of the Watchers tattoo on Eve.

Honestly the major blow was already dealt by N2. Instead of continuing this stupid conflict it just fucked off, there will be no network for 400 years and for all we know new network may be peaceful. Androids are left without enemy to fight and Jackass will undoubtedly publish her report openly. Even if that won't convince majority, androids will start asking to actually see humans and eventually they will be forced to accept the world without their gods.

It's interesting that whoever created YoRHa acted through rumours at first, spreading the lie about humans across androids. But this goes both ways.

I just hope that 2B/9S/A2 will find some peaceful place to live. Maybe under Anemone's protection as she seems to be a great person and a strong leader.

Is there any good Pascal and Machine fan art?

Kinda sad that aliens weren't a bigger part of automata, just "lol look, now forget about it for the rest of the game"

I actually hope that he will never touch Nier again. It ended on a perfect note with you destroying developers and their narrative to free everyone from their then removing yourself to give characters a true freedom.

2B memories were leaking into him. So he was seeing her in "heaven".

and then releasing dlc to make people restart the cycle.

I mean, nier is not really a continuation on draken 1 and automata is not really a continuation of nier, i see no problem making another game.

>Go with N2, adam and eve
>Pod rebuilds 9S
So there's two 9S now?

what?

If you choose to leave the earth on the ark the Pod will still rebuild 9S in ending E
So there's one 9S on the ark and one 9S on the earth

It already happened before. He split his mind while fighting with Eve, one portion went to heaven from intense cuddles with 2B, another regenerated across entire machine network.

probably. while the game didn't actually explore what happens if the same personality/memories get uploaded into two un-linked bodies, it may be what happens with that ending.

one copy of 9s's memories/soul goes off with n2 and adam+eve, while another copy is restored to live with 2b in a restored/repaired body.

as they're not networked, they're separate entities even if they're identical at the starting point.

D\C are contradictory but i feel like C is canon because his hand is cut off and overall it fits more.

C is fucking retarded and solves nothing. A2 destroys N2 who finally achieved new step of evolution. 9S doesn't go through his personal catharsis then probably offs himself.

Meaningless code describes this ending quite well.

Both of those things happen before C\D. In the end she cuts off 9S hand and hacks him.

The thing is, the core of Automata's plot revolves around meaninglessness. Both sides of the conflict fight for reasons that do not exist, evolve purely for the purpose of evolving. It keeps reinforcing the concept that any actions are ultimately futile and that the only option is to keep repeating the same endless cycle with the hope that for some reason this time it will end up different.

Also worth noting neither of them had bloody holes in their chests and the conversation the pods have only make sense in ending C. Ending D it wouldn't add up