/owg/ - Overwatch General

>New Comic:
madefire.com/motion-books/OVERWATCH-UPRISING/

>New teaser
twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/848958308643885056 (embed)

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753775700

>PTR Patch Notes
playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20635660#patchnotes

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Tips/tricks/basics/etc.
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R (embed)

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Previous:

I CAN'T STOP PLAYING JUNKRAT

ROADHOG BUFFS WHEN

Let's do this again
>Most player hero of each class
>Fuck, marry, kill, befriend

Genji needs nerfs!!!

Same

WHY DOESNT ANYONE RESPECT THE SNIPERS?

Are we getting an update on Tuesday? I hope it's going to be an event like the Halloween one but with more choices to choose from with characters.

Genji buffs when

>be support bitch because no one wants to play a fucking support
>been doing this since S3
>asshole teammates look at my career profile when they see me lock on a dps
>they see have an X amount of time as Ana only
>gets pissy and reports me for throwing

Is the Overwatch community the worst gaming community of all time?

>Fuck
Tracer
>Marry
Reaper
>Kill
D.Va
>Befriend
Sombra

Here comes T. Racer!

>Fuck
D.Va
>Marry
Mercy
>Kill
Torb
>Befriend
Tracer

Beacuse sniper players tend to be the worst kind of people to play a team-based game with.

Headshots reset his jump

Genji can now indefinitely stay in the air if he keeps getting headshots with his shurikens.

What? You're joking right?

This is how it is because Blizzard are too fucking stupid to put a proper scoreboard in.

>i-it'll totally stop people from being toxic!

No it won't.

When you're losing people will just assume who is playing the worst based on the hero pick they don't like. This is why picking a 'non-meta' hero will get you crucified.

hope the annoying cunt gets hit by a truck

Plz go pseudo trip

>snipers start maining genji because they just have to hit one shot from their shuriken to dash
>all they know how to do is aim and dash

>you will never befriend Tracer by bonding over how you both really want Widowmaker to sit on your face

also
>Widowmaker will never sit on your face

I dunno, a melee tracer with more 'health' than reaper seems pretty powerful if you just state what I just said. But considering her abilities she seems pretty balanced IMO, Her alt-fire allows her to knock away enemies she doesn't want to deal with put some distance between her and characters like, say Reaper (ironically), She blasts Reaper with her alt fire and he gets booted about the distance of Pharah's Concussive Blast, however to deal damage she would have to get much closer to him so providing Reaper can aim (>inb4 reaper, aim, kek) she doesn't stand much of a chance.

Like always Mei catching her off guard and Roadhog can always freeze or hook her, respectively and potentially kill her rather quickly.
Genji would be able to deflect ALL her attacks, but Nanite Surge and her passive would still build up as if she hit him.
Just to clarify, If anything, I want her to be like reinhardt in that you can literally just hold W+M1 to play but you actually have to learn her skills to make her super effective.

>>Most player hero of each class
Tracer
Widowmaker
Zarya
Lucio

>Fuck
Zarya
>marry
Tracer
>kill
Lucio
>befriend
Widowmaker

Sorry Lucio, but I'm a woman's woman.

I never want one of those.
>where's my widowmaker

Imagine playing Genji without ever touching the ground for the entirety of a match from the second you leave spawn.

>Fuck
Reaper
>Marry
Ana
>Kill
D.Va
>Befriend
Mei

i am not a gay
fuck Widow
marry Ana
kill Dva
befriend Tracer

>Kill
Roadhog
>Fuck
young Ana
>Befriend
Soldier
>Marry
Bloo

>implying you can hit someone the moment you leave spawn

>Fuck
Mercy
>Marry
Mimi
>Kill
Hanzo
>Befriend
Reinhardt

Stop ruining my dreams user.

>Fuck
Zarya
>Marry
Mei
>Kill
Reaper
>Befriend
Zenyatta

Thanks for this comment. It's really interesting to even hear what people think about how she may interact with others. Tumblr advice is usually from people who are very casual players and aren't willing to discuss anything negative so there are a lot of angles nobody really presents for me to look at.

All in all I do think you're right that as it stands it seems like she should theoretically perform fine, probably only needing tweaks as opposed to something like a Symmetra rework.

Every time I get a legendary it's for my least played heroe or duplicates.

(((blizzard)))

why is everyone an amputee in overwatch

I've gotten at least 15 loot boxes since Orisa went live and I've gotten one (1) voice line for her and nothing else

Cyborgs are not amputees

Please move behind the barriah.

Well, the world had been plunged into a clusterfuck war between humans and machines. I'm guessing people had limbs hacked off.

I just realized I play way better when I have to piss

I just realized I play way better when I'm pissed. (drunk and angry)

I'm just following my programming

The only thing left to solve for is X.

What would be her damage in numbers?

I think if its supposed to be high damage per hit from her fists, its something around 40-50 hits, being only deadly if you ignore her or if she speeds up, Her alt fire does a quick and large 150, meaning on direct hit she can instantly kill Tracer, Tracer of course, shouldn't be anywhere near Mimi considering how squishy she is, Mimi's Ultimate should give her a halfway point between a full Nano boost and not being boosted at all, I assume her Nano boost is only half as effective because she used it more than Ana's, So Ana's Nano boost is of a different makeup than Mimi's, This also means the Nano boost makes Mimi's less effective, so Mimi cannot amplify the effects of Ana's, but having two Nano boosted opponents in competitive is not a fun sight. She shouldn't get a lot of healing from her passive, Only enough so that if she was engaged in a fist fight with someone else, she would beat them down and still have full health, Probably 10 or 25 health per hit.

guys can some one explain how to rank up?

Im a noob tank

pic related

Why is Bastion a nudist?

I gave up and bought shit on her release

I immediately regret everything because I was unaware of the event prior to a week ago.

>hook
>lmb
>kills more than half of the roster in 2 seconds
>"muh buff"

Why is widow a nudist? in my bed, of course

Pick Junkrat and spam grenades

Is it morally wrong to only play DPS + Zarya and Zenyatta? Everything else is fucking boring desu.

I actually play better slightly drunk because I'm anxious as fuck in voicechat when sober.

>called noob tank
>by a widowmaker
>who was prior a hanzo
>who fucking switched off soldier
Is anybody else calling you this? I'm going to need more proof.

same except I think I got even more boxes. then again I only want a few more Sombra things, couldn't care less about the robo cow.

Her ultimate shouldn't be a fully powered nano boost, having two nanoboosted people, one who's guaranteed to fuck you up close range is not a good idea, especially considering the fact that typically an ult-ready genji is picked for the boost this means you have two high power, high mobility kill machines hunting you down.

That would probably clear a point faster than 6 D.va Ults.

>le i have 4 golds so i must be doing good xD

Holy Shit.
We weren't talking about giving her a full boost but fuck man.

31 hours and 35 minutes

until what?

until the event lad

Yeah I mean I never considered her having a full out nanoboost anyway. I was thinking of it raising her damage resistance more so than her actual damage.

wew

Can't wait to see the new Bleu skin

Fuck Widow
Marry D.Va
Kill Ana (sry beb ;_;)
Befriend Tracer

By befriend I mean with benefits. To fuck. Multiple times.

I solely play comp while drunk. Not nervous about anything and just having fun. It's impossible to get me angry too.

I originally intended for for healing for his dealt to be a small amount like 10 anyway.

>Fuck
Mei

>Marry
Pharah

>Kill
Mercy

>Reinhardt
befriend

It might be a better idea just to have the full damage resistance with only half the additional damage output, It still won't stack with Ana's, but it's pretty decent nonetheless.

>inb4 no because that would be too powerful
Well, what if Sombra could hack the boost as its being applied so suddenly Mimi's no longer boosted? It would make sense for most of her abilities to be shut down by Sombra.

I just thought of the coolest Ultimate name I could think of for this.

Nano Injector.
with a small animation of Mimi being powered up.
What does she say for her Ultimate though?

I would love to know as well
It might be just reveal of the event or maybe they bomb us with an update without us knowing.

If you want to rank up from lowranks (up to diamond) play dps.
You CAN rank up with pretty much any character but it will be pain in the ass.
My friend was playing in low masters as Rein and he was pretty good. Now he can't get out of gold just because he's doing everything right but the team isn't. He's climbing but slow af.

Well, with rapid punches and self healing all the while, it seems pretty fleshed out and I think balanced at 15, I personally think 10 is too little, because then the only thing you're outhealing is a Level 1 Torb turret, But 25 might be too much as that's 1/10th of your health so at max speed you might be recovering most of your health in just a second or two, 15 might offer the best balance between them.

Befriend Reinhardt

Marry Pharah

Fuck Widowmaker

Kill Zenyatta (needed to get to Widowmakers blue pussy)

>was just playing a game on kings row
>called out winston, using the term "monkey"
>black guy on team starts getting quite angry over the mic
>tells me a shouldn't use the term monkey because "it's discriminative and fucking racist"

He was legitimately angry too.

Not sure what she'd say yet.
She has a very high opinion of herself and is seriously hand to hand combat adept. Probably something hugely cocky.

I like the name but I did kind of feel attached to the fact that her character is based on berserkers. Hmmm.

Also I realized people would probably do something like use her boost ult and then the moment it runs out, nanoboost her lmfao.

>*Ana's nanoboost sound, but slightly altered*
>'Come on! COME AT ME!'
I certainly wouldn't want to hear that.
>*Ana's ACTUAL nanoboost sound*
>'Now you're gonna get it!'

so... video preview of tomorrow's event will be up today? maybe?

I love that Jeff knows about the "developer update" videos that the one guy edits

Jeff is a bro

Why couldn't they make zarya look like D.Va without mech and stuff something else into the mech?

Probably some varying lines, just like when other's are Nanoboosted.
>Enemy Mimi: 'Oooh, You're done for now!'
>Allied Mimi: 'Come on, Come at me!'
>Allied Mimi, being boosted by Ana: 'You're powered up, Get in there!' 'Now you're gonna get it!'

don't you have some f2p asia grinder to play

I'd say the enemies should be hearing "come at me" and the allies something like "they're gonna get it"
cause she wouod definitely be taunting her enemies to come closer.

>No Limits
>everyone pops their ults
>entire enemy team, almost in sync, so its borderline earrape: 'OOOH, YOU'RE DONE FOR NOW!'
>entire team: 'CCCCOME OCOCOME ON, CCCCOME ACOME AT COME AT ME!'

no literally all of them are trash

Jeff taking it like a man. Such a shame he's forced at gunpoint to shape the game to appease the SJW faggot crowd.

>come at me bro makes a comeback

>1v1, owning, tracers up next guy tells me hes gonna win cause hes a tracer main
>ask him to 1v1 as tracer only in custom game
>"ok but i dont see how you hope to win, i solo q reacer to masters
>he was 4200
>he won 3 rounds, lost 7 in a row with 3 perfects
>mfw im silver
>he tells me this is definitely not my account and im a piece of shit for making people think a silver shitter owned them

This fucking game man.

>what is zarya shield
>what is defense matrix
>what is reinhardt
>what is orisa
>what is deflect
also how the hooked target is left much further from hog increased survivability of all sub 250 hp targets by like 30%
His gameplay completely revolves around the one shot gimmick, if he can't do that, he is a useless hero
Removing the only thing he is good at basically removes him from the game.

Yes, he needs a slight buff to compensate with his now shittier hook

>tfw last devupdate was awhile ago

Then probably flip around the self nanoboosts.
I forgot to mention the enemy Ana-boost too.
>Player Ult: 'Come on, Come at me!'
>Enemy Mimi: 'Come on, Come at me!'
>Allied Mimi: 'Oooh, You're done for now!'
>Enemy Mimi, being boosted by Ana: 'Warīhum quwitik!' 'You want some of this?'
>Allied Mimi, being boosted by Ana: 'You're powered up, Get in there!' *Laugh* 'Now they're gonna get it!'

why is this game so fucking dull, boring and lifeless. reached master and probably can push to gm but the competitive sr grind in this game is so fucking horrible. scrims and pug's are way more fun and that's being generous.

And that concludes another day on shit-that-never-happend land.

I've just been reading this ult chain and all I can think of is Mimi being the ultimate 'come at me bro' type despite me imagining her being as edgy as Reaper.

>translation: "tf2 is better reee"

Stay bad

At this point, we're lucky we don't have any actual W+M1 heroes that leave a DoT on you.

he was ok in that interview but the guy asked him wtf questions at some points, at least we discovered that a cat hero was in their minds when they were thinking about what type of things they should add to the early roster; that he havent watched the fast & furious franchise and that he got 10 kilos of pbutter to please his inner harambe

yeah, thats sad because that means no dinoflask updates ;_;

You're probably really good at shooters, but bad at overwatch. I've been watching some bronze games VOD reviews, and its basically that, people that have really good aim, but lack positioning and knowledge of maps and counters. I suggest you start looking for that type of content, about what heroes can combo and how X hero counters Y hero, etc.

Battle wise she is very cocky so she would have a come at me bro type personality in a fight
Personality in general she is hot stubborn, prideful and hot headed and would /definitely/ make fun of Reaper for being edgy.

Imagine her having voice lines to shutting down ults.
>Mcree: 'IIIITS HIIIIGH NO-'*death by mimi*
>Mimi: 'No, it really isn't!'

>Soldier 76: 'I've got you in my sights!'
*death*
>Mimi: 'Lotta good that didya!'

>Reaper: 'DIE! DIE! DI-awwgh' *dead*
>Mimi: 'Stop! Stop! STOP! *chuckle*'

>Killing D.Va shortly after D.va unleashes her ultimate
>D.va: 'NERF THIS!'
>hwaah.mp4
>Mimi: 'BUFF THIS!'

you guys ever had success in taunting the enemy team/player to the point where they get frustrated and reckless?

i'm not sure how thin skinned people are to fall for it, but I've noticed every once in a while that forcing someone to go rageReaper or Roadhog and emoting/t-bagging/judging their every mistake can sometimes really irk someone.