/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

Previous thread: >Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

www90.zippyshare.com/v/gDMkjgdk/file.html
www19.zippyshare.com/v/yjKoILir/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>No bioships/unique building skins for hive minds

What is even the point

Somebody posted this last thread.
>

Threadly link so if people ask where they can get the dlc you can just tell them to read the fucking thread and not argue with them

www90.zippyshare.com/v/gDMkjgdk/file.html DLCs

www19.zippyshare.com/v/yjKoILir/file.html Crack

For steam users- copy the creamAPI folder contents into your main stellaris folder- overwrite. Ignore everything else. Don't touch anything in the INI. Copy all the dlc folders into your stellaris dlc folder. You're done.

looking pretty is the most important part of being the empress of a thousand worlds

Because lackluster ascendancies were deemed too little content for a $20 pack

Don't even get me started on that shit, psionic is fine but god damn if synthetic isn't barebones

Could you post an example?

Got the Basil II one?

>you need a general FOR EVERY SINGLE ARMY

What? I thought you only needed one to be the attacking general.

>Stellaris is a space/strategy game where multi-racial empires are not only possible but even supported
>Has planets with tiles and tile blockers
>Still does the retarded 1 biome for planet meme.

Why? Just why. Imagine how much better it would be if each planet had a unique random generated set of biomes to live in. Desert planets would be mostly inhospitable desert along the equator, with arid and savana regions closer to the poles. Every planet that's habitable should have ice and tundra zones near the poles, along with ocean tiles. Especially wet planets would be dotted with a few islands as per normal, but may have some nice tropical swamplands. This way different races would be drawn to different parts of this planet, there would be more decisions available to the player. Gaia worlds could remain mostly the same, but give a few planets a single Gaia tile or two, making them feel like a special island or well balanced valley of pure bliss among the alien world.

Replace Continental with Temperate and you got yourself all the tiles you need. Why the fuck didn't they do this?

thas effort

too much work innit

The entire point of my post was to show how it WASN'T that much more work! The entire game already has all the assets needed.

Replace oceans with entirely water based ocean tiles. You could therefore have ocean/aquatic races with less issue. Islands are not part of the tileset, it's just the random bits of land on ocean-majority planets are the isalnds.

I just really hate how every space game has to have single biome planet and they fucknig ALWAYS have a retarded 'continental' or 'earth like' world biomes for their obligatory human race. It's such a cop out. Every fucking planet with liquid water on it will have earth-like biomes based on elevation, mountain ranges, and so on. It's a simple function of the fucking weather.

The one-biome-per-planet is a good thing, otherwise you could take your starting species and fill up the entire galaxy with colony ships on day 1.
It's shit "realism", I admit, but it's vital for gameplay.
Pops are too interchangable already, if all of them could live on every planet you may as well not even have different species, 'cos traits don't do shit.

bro

thats too much work

cease and desist or i'll respectfully disagree with you

I'm sure you could do it. Require colonization to happen within your borders, so Outposts are more important. Make a special project to prep the planet with some of your species sperm or whatever in the oceans so you can study it and rightfully inoculate your population that will live there against any potential cellular viruses. I don't know man, shit.

I want a qt vampire god-empress as my ruler 2bh

Does my synthetically ascended people not grow automatically? Do I have to build all this shit manually?

That'd take a way too long time compared to the game's time frame.
I prefer the "ancient empires millions years ago already did it, so your species' biology is already compatible with the other planets" version.

Stellaris still on sale. Should I get it for 25 bucks? Played a lot of Civ 4-6, enjoyed it. Played a bit of EL, was quite fun too with friends. Would I enjoy Stellaris even if I'm not that much of a fan of space stuff?

What made you think robots could reproduce?
Good news is they basicaly grow faster in larger pop worlds because of the flat build speed and you can dismantle all your food unless youre (for some reason) keeping xeno on your worlds.

Don't you dare.

See if you can get it cheaper somewhere else first

maybe

Already checked. With secure payment and extra payment stuff like taxes I'd save like 2 bucks.
So I guess it's not worth it's 25 bucks?

You'd have to keep some xeno around. Set them to domestic servitude and keep them as pets.
Or maybe battle thralls so no precious synthetics have to damage their gleaming, pristine chrome bodies.

If you're not really into space/scifi stuff then you're probably better off saving your money.

How the fuck should we know what you want to play?
watch some videos of somebody playing it and make your own decision

The other guy is part of the "it sucks hard and will never be worth any dollars" camp.

If you bought Civ 6 for full price then I see no reason why you should avoid Stellaris on sale. Stellaris is, at the least, better than Civ 6.

Its also better than Civ 5

civ 5 and 6 are both functional games

Thats very ineficient. Not all machines NEED to be sentient. You could just sent in hollows with the accumilated data of the top stratigests, tacticians and combat personel. Or copy minds or have them be remote operated by a server of minds.

Why can't I be a xenophile race that enslaves aliens?

It would be like a star trek-style federation, but the non-humans would be slaves. Nothing xenophobic about that, surely.

>cease and desist or i'll respectfully disagree with you
You bastard...

>all these imaginary non-issues defeding paradox laziness
play stars in shadow

What do next?

>it would be like we're all family
>except they can never leave

Expand I guess.
>Terran
>Not Terra
???

Explore, expand, exploit, exterminate?

>the hotel california is now a special project

>floating that many minerals early game
>no mining stations

>Sol/Helios
>terra

I had it named Terra before, forgot to change it back, thanks for reminding me

>playing humans
>not naming stars after the various pagan pantheons

But the star isn't supposed to be called Terra. Earth is Terra.

what the fuck is with that left outpost? was it worth it? Nice influence gain btw.

1. Cede enemy planets then either purge them and have everyone declare war on you or embrace them and have -80% happiness on all of your worlds for the rest of the game

2. Liberate then, then wait a few years for your ethos to kick in, then cede their planet and vassalize them. Also pray no other aliens invade them before you get your chance.

3. Net flix and chill, occasionally tab back in to stellaris to see if anything interesting has happened yet (It hasn't)

7 minerals and 4 energy credits, needed it early game
Fuck you the galaxy is terra now
I want to fight wars, but I get fucked every time

so missiles are still shit right?

and energy and kinetic fill the same role but kinetic just flat out does it better

Is there any way to increase the chances of finding some industrialised species to infiltrate? I want to play as a space jew empire and use my many minions to fight my wars.

Missiles are great early game because it's not likely that anyone has point defense yet, and if you're smashing Corvettes into Corvettes you'll probably win.

railguns will always be superior to le missiles meme and le lazors meme

Depends. Kinetics are better 90% of the game, plasma is probably the best overall though.

rate my no lore guys

Makes sense, though. Missiles can be shot down and lasers are just silly pretty lights that makes the hull warm.

But kinetics. That's what you need when you want to fight a war and destroy ships.

>autarchy

How does this work in an oligarchy?

>can't terraform a world while people are living on it
Come on, guys. Just breathe deep of the terraforming gas and relax.

Childhood is hating Sister Miriam Godwinson because she declares war on you as soon as she meets you (and wins because of her bullshit power bonus)

Adulthood is realizing she did nothing wrong and is the only Alpha Centauri who doesn't go full retard

0/10 no lore, apply yourself

Citizen Service is worthless, a wasted civic. I found out the hard way and I implore you to reconsider

Why the fuck do the AI always win in a war? they have like 50 fucking corvettes every single time and I'm still capped at 30 ships, fucking christ.

lose wars before they even begin.

Transcendence is realizing that Yang is what is best for all of humanity.

I will reconsider my choices

No lore still because I can't write worth shit

>shit swimmers
I like it

Autarchy means "internally self-sufficient", not "dictatorial".
It just means they don't trade with filthy xenos.

The cap is only a soft cap.
At those low numbers your fleet plus a starport should beat them.

What's wrong with citizen service?

I know what autarky is, but the way user spelled it made me thing of autarchy which is a form individualistic anarchism.

But how will you roleplay user

>a sentence or two on their traits
>a sentence or two on their civics
>maybe one about being a frog (hating birds or something I don't know)

Big bang boom, autism.

this, a 6xm plasma cruisers fleet will melt a superior fallen empires fleet.

>egalitarian and xenophobe

what the fuck are you doing my man

I got absolutely fucked

>charismatic frogs

After I realized the awfulness of Citizen Service I changed government, they're no longer Starship Troopers shit crocodiles but instead they Shadow Council from muck of their homeworld and send their robutts out to do all their mining and dying.

What are the benefits of playing tall? I know that before it was useful for getting higher research rates, is that still the case?

you get to have a tiny empire that can't accomplish anything

An improvement to naval cap is irrelevant because you never reach naval cap unless you play on 25% habitable planets and also forget to colonize.

all frogs are equal

aliens who have good traits can stay as slaves, the others can leave (no outright killing)

wouldn't you trust that guy?

Basically they're just very intelligent frogs that are EVIL! but people don't realize it because they're good at concealing their intentions. their end game goal is to transcend the weakness of their flesh through genetic therapy and also having battle thrall armies and shit to do the fighting while they live in utopian bliss

I don't really care about victory conditions, I just want to have more tech than my neighbours.

You get to shoot up your Unity tree but you will have to spill out eventually, there's no way to get enough minerals to out produce a wide empire no matter how technologically advance you are. Tech-wise, you will benefit for 90% of the game by expansions but if you got lucky with a ton of good anomalies that drop shit ton of tech, you can turtle and grow tall for the whole game.

Unless youre in a big federation and are running some crazy unity build, there is none. Currently hive minds dominate all cause it has huge wide advantages while also having the unity advantages.

>+9 engi modifier through event in your starting borders
rushing discovery feels like cheating.

>I don't really care about victory conditions
I wish more Stellaris players realised your wisdom

post bad mods

So I'll probably go tall for a short while then spread out and kick every xeno arse I come across.

>There are many predators in the dense jungles of Lyrass. The Tuxkan is not one of them. Their slender frames meant that they were always vulnerable, and the Tuxkan tribes learned to revile and flee from their non-sentient neighbours. But the Tuxkan are intelligent, and a cruel violence in their nature led them from spears and bows to atomic weapons. Now they stand as masters of Lyrass, and on the cusp of the void.

Yes, you can try for a borders build so you can grab strategically important systems.

I like it.

time to play the game now and get shit on by the inevitable 4 federation builders that box me in

Anyone know if migration is fucked up? This guy's been migrating to Jix for 20 months... for the last 40 months

auspicious start

doing hyperlanes only by the way, 4 arms spiral

Welp. They fucking killed my 65k fleet when I was trying to take down their portal.

How fucked am I?

/civ4xg/ stellaris multiplayer sessions when?

Well, you did post in /v/, so very.

>/civ4xg/
>multiplayer

Prepare your angus

A lot of comfy chokepoints nearby. Too bad your home system is one of them.

lol

>this fucking arm

over the line

Fuck sake

> Anarians not so everlasting after being subspace raped

>symbol of unity is the worst unity building
like pottery