/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>couldn't summon white phantoms
>Patch 1.13 (12th on PC/PS4, 14th on xbone)
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/251481378555890224

>Dark Souls III Design Works
mega.nz/#!eN0mESTD!j8xyZY5h9huOuiRmSYbzTkv9la8qCaSjpDqJGAiL8k0

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/169533
youtu.be/Jla4o4XIDPQ
youtu.be/UqzczewxtD0?t=3974
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Reduced the absorption bonus during the latter half of "Perseverance" weapon skill

So there is no point in using it anymore

>Reduced damage of "Gargoyle Flame Spear" and "Dragonslayer Spear"

I get the GFS nerf but what was wrong with the Dragonslayer Spear?

>Increased poise effect with "Lothric Knight Long Spear"

Who the fuck uses poise in combination with a spear?

>All attacks from "Rose of Ariandel" can no longer be parried, but two-handed attacks now consume more stamina and no longer apply poise

Making a trash weapon more trash, bravo!

>Increased FP and stamina consumption, and reduced duration of the sorcery "Hidden Body"

Yeah because everybody getting backstabbed by invisible ninja's was the current OP Meta. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Hidden Body.

>Increased FP consumption of the sorcery "Great Magic Shield"
>Increased stamina consumption of the sorceries "Magic Shield" and "Great Magic Shield"

More nerfs to magic, just what we needed

>Reduced critical damage of "Crow Quills"

Nerfing a weapon nobody was using anymore because of previous nerfs

>Up to a total of two "Darkmoon Blades" or "Blue Sentinels" can now be summoned during online multiplayer

Instead of adding in a Blue Eye Orb to hunt sinners they give the hosts their 5 vs 1's.

What an awful patch. The only redeemable things are buffing Vow of Silence and the Seed time limit (inb4 its 10 minutes or some other retarded variable).

Also:
>Increased the charge rate for effects that trigger on continuous attacks (e.g. "Pontiff's Right Eye", "Old Wolf Curved Sword", "Carthus Beacon")

lmao get ready for this cancer combined with the DUGS

>800+ AR after the second hit

>Reduced damage of "Dark", "Fire" and "Raw" infusions for "Lothric Knight Greatsword"
>Reduced damage of "Dark" and "Fire" infusions for "Murky Hand Scythe" and "Dragonslayer's Axe"

btfo

nice looking water

>increased tracking on pike class weapons

>buff lothric knight spear poise bonus

I smell a meta approaching.

Super hyper armour heat seeking jousts inbound

>faithbros keep getting blessed
>vinheimfags getting btfo

Based From.

>Reduced Raw on LKGS
Nigga no
>Reduced Dark on Handscythe
Everyone uses Dark Blade on it anyway so who cares

when will bleed weapons be this good

>800 AR after second hit

Huh, that's weird. I got 1000 before the first one without using that hunk of shit sword.

>Only using Sacred Oath and Lightning Blade

>give ornsteins armor a plume
>nerf ornsteins weapon a few weeks later

Why are you doing this from

muh bloodring

>Up to a total of two "Darkmoon Blades" or "Blue Sentinels" can now be summoned during online multiplayer
What the fuck. Now I don't even feel like equipping Way of Blue and letting the invader and sentinel go at it since the invader will probably get ganked anyway.
>a fucking 3v1 can happen if a lone host is invaded
Tell me this is only if you've been dry fingering yourself.

>So there is no point in using it anymore
The latter half you adelaide retard
You can still eat a hit in the first few moments and get the full effect

who the fuck even used these? lkgs was better refined, now it's better sharp iirc, even on base reqs. murky hand scythe is for buffing, not infusing

>nerf this
>nerf that
>nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf
I really hate FromSoft

I just want to mention again how fucking absolutely easy this game is when you level vig at the start, first time i've done it while playing the trilogy and having mobs go from 2shotting you to having to hit 7+ times makes it fucking so easy to just trade hits and spam estus and not get punished at all for a mistimed parry or attack

>level one hundred ninety three
literally nobody cares

>So there is no point in using it anymore
You still get the poise though, that change sounds pretty good depending how much they nerf the bonus.
>what was wrong with the Dragonslayer Spear
no idea, spears are fucking garbage, I don't understand why they did this, even the garg nerf is kinda questionable, it's annoying to fight against but you never see anyone using it because spears are so fucking boring in this game to begin with
>Nerfing a weapon nobody was using anymore because of previous nerfs
This, I really like it and still use it though but I don't fucking understand why the nerf everything about it to ground. At least buff the WA, it's so useless.

Warlock outfit coming along nicely, I literally just beat Crystal Sage on this build so there's not much to choose from yet.

Bloodring should have a visual tell like the Ninja ring did.

It should make it so when you roll, there's a red smoke cloud, like opposite of Milk Ring's effect.

If you wear both milk and blood ring at the same time, it should convert your rolls into a more fast looking roll like the Skeleton Warriors perform

Absorption got reduced, not the HA then?
So perseverance is slightly riskier to use now, i'll wait till the actual numbers roll in.

This applies to literally every dark souls game my friend.

So is low-level invasions the only way to do it now?

>more chances to get ganked
>prisoner's chain buffed
>white phantom summon delay

What an all around awful patch.

>that desert whore's whip hits for greathammer tier damage
This is bullshit

>dragonsis
>frayed katana
>both pontiff rings
>old wolf memesword
>sword ring
How much cancer will I be after the new patch?
I just want to make dragonform great again.

literally git 1k AR then come back

I want to fuck a dragonsis right in her cloaca

>frayed katana

Might as well use the paired ultra greatswords and carthus beacon for maximum aids.

Can somebody help me get to the fucking bug area in Ashes of Ariandel? I'm having the absolute worst time getting there because I keep getting destroyed by ganks. When I try to run, the dogs get me; when I try to fight, the big guys fuck me. I'm on PS4 and the password is dsg

your weapons will be weaker too because weapon memory matchmaking tweaks

I can't get that and the wolfmeme below 50% weight or I would have.

Alright. Give me a minute

Wait do the rings proc of the WA R2's for Frayed Blade?

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/169533
rate my cancer fuckos

Yes, each hit counts as an individual swing for bleed or other procs.

>perserverance
Its only durring the end because people were using it to sprint backstab newbies

>dragonslayer spear
Its literaly a yellow colored gargoyle flame spear

>magic shield
actually deserved the nerf. It was more frequently used by qualityfags, it only took 10 int. Great magic shield was garbage though.

>50% weight
You mean 70%, right?

Thanks, user. I appreciate it more than you can imagine.

splitleaf WA cannt active pontiff rings, maybe frayed blade is the same

Wait, doesn't midrolling distance go to shit after 50%? I frames are cool and all, but dragonsis is squishy and needs that roll distance.

Oh it definitely can. I've been doing it since shortly after RC launched.

What does poise actually do nowdays?

I remember that it decreased your recovery frames or something, but it was still absolute garbage. Now I'm seeing people talk about it like it actually manages to do something.

Did they change anything?

>nerfing hidden body
Just why.

Pre patch the rapid swings wouldn't proc the healing ring for me unless I landed the weapoanart two and a half times. Some attacks just jave low buildup, the scimitar infinite wasn't ever able to proc it at all.

The cap for fast-fastroll is 30%

From hates fun, should've been obvious by now.

Stop Angel cheese? All I can think of.

We don't know how much they're intending to buff carthus/Pontiff's rings so we can't know how cancerous you'll be. After running that build with dancer's enchanted swords for most of the game I can tell you it was pretty trash as it is now.

>tfw the next souls game probably won't even have invading
>it'll probably just have an arena

angels are a joke now though

Poise is hyperarmor. It's good ole poise but it only activates during attacks.

Right, and midrolling has the same number of iframes.

Last time I played the roll distance was affected by weight above 50% as well, so 60% would still have the same iframes but not cover as much distance and same for 70%. Has that changed?

that bitch got owned

There's practically zero difference between 0% and 69.9%.

cant decide on new build please help

dex/int dark sorcery fag with frayed blade

OR

heavy faith/some str mad kings crucifix edgelord

mainly doing invasions

Pretty good but use the crystal chime to cast magic shield, it weighs less and you face no penalty. Can also be used to cast replenishment etc.

>Has that changed?
I'm pretty sure it always was more distance at

That's Dark Souls 2.

>Trying to make a dex build in the str meta
Man this sucks

Been away from /dsg/ for a couple weeks to get through TRC spoiler-free (took a while because ng++ and I'm shit). SL100 is still the meta, right?

Best headpiece for Guts' Berserker Armour? Morne's helm makes my character look like a bit of a spastic.

Well, I hit 700AR with roar after a single WA R2 right now, so any buff is just gravy I guess.

FC anywhere?
anyone needs help?
im board.

>go to start game
>searching for co-op partner please wait...

Just finished Dark Souls 3 and I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself right now.

Thinking of starting over and doing a solo run (no summons for story bosses). How viable is pyromancy in this game? I was curious when I kept picking up tomes and stuff.

Oh, I haven't played in about 7 months. Guess I got confused.

>squishy
Tell me you're not using dragon body stone.

>tool trying to cheese me with the spear fragment glitch
>I do it right back and kill him
>"A Connection Error has Occurred"

Man, Undead match is just full of scrubs who try to replicate what they see on YouTube.

Can't handle the heat, get outta kitchen.

You get extra distance below 30%. Below, not AT 30%. And you dont have extra iframes and the total roll time feels the same. I have two lightroll builds and it really only helps you run away.

Buy the DLC and reacquaint yourself with shame and humiliation

Did you want me to help with Friede while I'm at it? I'll move to the Chapel now

Its good, though the set of spells you use in pvp is fairly strict.

Sure, I'd like that. Thanks again.

youtu.be/Jla4o4XIDPQ

wew

kys dragon dildo loving degenerate

god i fucking hate fight clubs its only ever fags with some form of gs/ugs buffed to high hell so they can poise trade for half your hp each hit because oh man they hit you once that means theyre allowed to hit you again

how the fuck do you even play dex in this environment when you can never get a reliable hit in without dying in return

it seems the only way i can get good trades in is if they literally just fuck up their roll

>nerfs tons of weapons
>ultra great weapons are untouched

Someone give me advice for making a glass cannon invasion build

I just want to blast the host down in a few seconds or die trying.

SL doesnt actually matter, but the lower the better.

Despite the frame data
I have had multiple instances where parry shields suck absolute dick at parrying

If he's gonna be a dragonfag at least use the option that A: allows him to not take 50% extra damage or whatever it is and B: doesn't look like a starved goat.

You should take advantage of this while you can

There probably wont be another WA glitch or boss invasion glitch

60 Int
24 attn
Don't level anything else. Don't reinforce anything, stack rings for damage.

>dex wants to trade hits with str

this isn't how you play

>>Up to a total of two "Darkmoon Blades" or "Blue Sentinels" can now be summoned during online multiplayer

I've already seen two darkmoons or sentinels at once. I don't get this change

G-guys? I didn't go through unnecessary hardships, right? right?

Maximum hypermode, user.
Gotta have that multiplicative roar. The guard punish is nice too.

Give me the rundown on this webm

Where do I put my summon sign to not get picked up by shitters, i'm not running a nuke build so it takes too long trying to carry the host and his two phantoms

That's why DaS1 heavy weapons had a slow start-up animation and a fast recovery, as opposed to the fast start-up and slow recovery of 3.

Current DaS3 meta is just garbage.

Defiled Amygdala is still harder than anything Dark Souls has ever thrown at the player.

What are some fun weapons to infuse with Chaos in DaS1? Bonus points if it's not Zweihander.

there is zero way for dex to win against str assuming equal skill level because of hyperarmor/poise and how much more innate AR great weapons have

He's giving the Bell axe's lacerating (bleed) buff to the weapon he swaps too.
In this case the Crossbow, that means his bolts have innate bleed build up.

I'm afraid those are the just most of the people doing summoning, user. If you want fun co-op I suggest getting a friend to play with and setting ground rules. Like a while ago I played with a friend and our rule was we weren't allowed to go over level 10.

>trying to show how strong a weapon is in PvE

youtu.be/UqzczewxtD0?t=3974 here's the sellsword twinblades killing the same boss in 15 seconds

120-140

130 is a safebet and no one will know youre not 120

im only at 130 because i started as herald and the stats are shit for what build i want

Asked this after the thread moved so asking again.
What are some nice sorcerer weapons? Something that doesn't require too big of stats and scales well when turned crystal (or without if it's that kind of weapon)

Is lothtic the only pike or spear with hyper armor?

>slow start-up
Yes
>fast recovery
Absolutely fucking not