What's this, a Tesla model 3?

What's this, a Tesla model 3?

let's take a peek inside...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P2eq8yPOi2s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Seriously hope it's not yours because that panel fitment is complete garbage and makes me shudder at the thought of how the rest of the car is put together.

It isn't out yet, Dexter.

>huge killswitch on the dash
>diagnostics equipment in the footwell
>looks like it's done a million angry miles
>tesla employee id
yeah user just picked up off the lot

>Tesla employees so afraid of their own cars they get a kill switch

>eat a burger while driving, get a 350$ distracted driving ticket
>its ok for manufacturers to have fuck yuge tablets front and center though

>no manual option
Complete garage

Will the model 3 make the S crash in price?

>inb4 saul n pashun

No. It's not going to be as cheap as they say it is after options and all that. The S is bigger and more comfy

Assuming it gets hacked, which it will.

All those Teslas are always phoning home...

Is the E-Stop now a standard feature? It's about time they followed 61508.

Did they copy the styling of the Panamera?

I wonder how a Honda Fit-like Tesla will do

my fucking sides

they copied the styling of a marshmallow

I just put my reservation in for a model 3. I really hope it drives nicely and is decently confy.

I drove the model S and it had crazy torque, was super comfy and fun to drive although it was too big of a car for me. If the model 3 is still comfy and relatively fun to drive I will be happy.

>1-speed manual

>electric cars can't have manual transmissions

youtube.com/watch?v=P2eq8yPOi2s

Utterly pointless.

You need to feel a dick in your hands while driving then just grab your boyfriend's.

i like it

There's sleek, minimalist design, and then there's no design. This shit looks like a tata nano inside.

modern automatic transmissions are better than manuals and usually offer paddle shifters anyway. plus the car has no fuckin transmission/gear shifts

except, you know, it doesn't

Nice projection

>except, you know, it doesn't
even look that good.

The center armrest does not look padded... the door armrests do not look comfy at all

Why would it? They're not in the same market segment.

There is subjective quantifier that I like and there is subjective quantifier I don't like.

kek

it's alcantara. pretty soft desu

>no iPad glued to the dash
>no "infotainment" bullshit
>no backup camera
>buttons and dials instead of capacitive touch everything

I... I kinda want one...

Are we posting barebones shitboxes that are being produced in [THE CURRENT YEAR]?

This is comfy

Idk..would be pissed if I bought the S and the model 3 has the latest tech and the performance is better for like half the price.

S is big and fat and has massive range. 3 is smaller and lighter and with less batteries and luggshury. See no problem with Tesla giving 3 a 100D treatment for ludicurous fasts.

If it were a little more spacious this would be the GOAT interior.

You know, for adults, instead of children that need to be distracted even while walking because god forbid they be alone with their thoughts lest they begin to hate life.

The car it's in is fucking tiny and stupidly cheap, I'm surprised they managed to make it as spacious as it is.

Holy fucking shit that is so boring.

I think I'd rather kill myself than sit for an hour in one of those things.

i'm kind of ok with the interior, i guess, but it REALLY needs a proper HUD. the top left corner of that screen is an awful place to put a speedo because it's way too close to the driver and you have to look right and down to check your speed

don't knock it till you try it. Plenty of other cars have the speedos in the center-ish. I trust Elon on this one.

yes but if you look at all the examples of center dash clusters, like on the scion xb, they're all very far forward of the driver, usually recessed pretty far into the dash. The only possible exception i can think of being mini coopers with that giant center speedo but that thing is HUGE

the model s/x screen is pretty customizable. I bet they'll let you have it be full screen/half screen or something beyond the standard location

It's going to drive itself it's packed full of sensors and radar, that's why the interior is terrible they spent the money on the tech

I hate the rear end on these things. It's like it can't decide if it wants to be a liftback or a sedan

>Uh Dexter
> OhhMannGoddDamm

>After options and all that
Oh yes, the two options of color and wheel size could really run the price up on those things.

Have you guys fixed the windshield placing problems on the model S? Too big of a gap causing wind noise? The oem solution of open cell foam is horrible. You should have to DIY a gap filler on a $120,000 car.

DIY solution.

>No tach
Why is this allowed?

As long as they don't break. And then you will find just how expensive they are to fix.

>mericlaps so obsessed with eating non-stop they wolf down burgers while driving

Good thing you've got that automatic transmission and cup holders large enough for your 55 gallon drum of soda

Why the fuck won't they make a new Roadster? They always go on about muh 0-60, surely a purpose built car would be the ultimate example? I wanna drive this and black BACK ON THE ROCKS BACK ON THE ROCKS BE THERE

Gotta get the 3 out first. But yeah, the gen 2 roadster should be an absolute beast 0-60 and 0-100. Just think about it: if Tesla can design a 7-seat landbarge with the best 0-60 time out there, what can they do when pushed to maximize speed in a small 2-seater?

For now Tesla's main priority will be the model 3 launch and generating positive cash flow. Tesla's other 2 main projects will take priority before another 2-seater: The Model Y, which is going to be a smaller Model X Crossover, and their commercial semi-truck.

S is competition for S class Mercedes and BMW 7
3 is competing against Chevy Bolt and Prius

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

3 isn't competing with the 3 series? I'm in the market for a small luxuryish sedan and thinking of going for model 3 over Lexus IS.

Then you have to pay extra to activate it all LOL

this is common in all prototype cars

It's more like competing with a Nissan Sentra

But....but.....How will you see the GLOSSY AS FUCK SCREEN WHEN ITS SUNNY OUT??

They are making one. Should go to market after the crossovers.

>nothing on the doors not even lock/unlock and window buttons.

How will having to go to that screen for everything not get frustrating after a day?

You can't eat while driving a stick?

I eat sushi while driving a standard trans car...

The Model S has an interior competitive with a taxi spec Mercedes or a Buick, and it costs 100k.

The interior of the 3 is going to seem like the interior of a Sentra or a Yugo.

It looks nice for the segment to be honest. What happens after 10 years when the replacement battery is worth more than the car, will they scrapped.

It's gonna be fast af

It looked bad when it was perfectly clean.

It looks fucking disgusting when its got a slightly messy owner.

Why isn't all his bullshit in the hood?

Why is there so much bs on the screen. How could you possibly read any info on there while going 60 on the highway?

Nah. The 3 is competing with the 3 series crowd but also targeting poorfaggot normies who drive Hondas and Camrys. They will have to stretch go get one of these and be the talk of the town amongst their friends!

The model S is for rich folks who want a corvette a 7 series or another top of the line vehicle but don't actually know what makes a car good and think the Model S is a good value proposition.

you don't understand cars do you?

Why does it have a tool kit for an Audi in it?

you are limited by tire grip and power

the model S has big tires and plenty of power to spin the tires up to 60mph

the roadster would need even bigger stickier tires, weight and size is not that big of a factor

>i trust elon on this one

reddit

Formula E proves how meaningless gear are in electric cars.
The teams are free to choose their transmission. 2 teams are using 1 gear ratio.
Renault, the leader for the moment is using 2 speed gearboxes. Second place ABT uses 3 speeds.

I don't understand the hate on F-E. It's THE ONLY formula class where teams are completely free to choose their gearboxes.

I believe no other racing class has this much diversity.

How many other formula's require the drivers to change cars part way through the race because they can't make it to the end or refuel?

I was wondering the same thing

hhmmm

Anyone else has a huge urge to rip that tablet out? It isn't even flush with the rest of the interior. It sticks out really obnoxiously

>I trust Elon on this one

I admire the man too, for his vision and what he is trying to do, but why on earth would you give a single fuck about his opinion on interior car design?

Because he wouldn't let them design a crappy UI. same with the SpX spacesuits. he is making them design it so it looks "badass"

Weight actually is a factor, you get fuck all in terms of downforce from aero in a 0-60, you need the car to be heavy for it to work.

Honestly, I doubt they're going to cut the times much unless they go full top fuel and build an actual drag car.

I'd be more interested to see a ring attempt.

>Because he wouldn't let them design a crappy UI

What makes good and bad UI is entirely subjective. If you like the design choices Tesla is making, then like it because you like it, not because you have faith that your God-Emperor couldn't possibly be wrong.

It's not entirely subjective at all. Of course aesthetic aspects will come down to personal taste, and some will prefer different workflows to others, but in other respects a UI can be quantifiably better or worse than another. The average time to accomplish a certain task, the number of mistakes a user makes during a certain period or the length of time it takes a user to become proficient in the use of the UI are all comparable metrics.

Wrong. Try to read read Newtons laws some time before talking about physics again, I believe it was covered in the 4th grade or so, you must have missed that day.

> full top fuel
You mean those things that weigh 2300lbs? Maybe they should add another 3000lbs so they can launch as hard as a Tesla.

Is it even legal not to have a speedo on the dash?

Yes. other cars like the 2016 Prius and the Mini have it in the center, along with stuff like the 2010 Citroen C4

won't even be in the "center" center, the speed will be shown on the left side of the display

someone recreated the display from photos. The speed goes where the P is shown

Yep. The best part is that since it's just a big screen, if buttons and controls need to be moved around because some better layout is found, they can just do it in software.

Makes you wonder if tesla will open it up for custom skins and such by 3rd parties. Might be a liability issue with that though.