pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>News
FNN 11: titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-11/
FNN 12: ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-12
Full Colony patch notes including the quiet stuff: i.imgur.com/1OeySzy.png

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8zXvmSS7V5o
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11757/04-10-2017-server-patch#latest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RDDT fuck off

Friendly reminder for anyone looking to join the Xbone network, please use the link before requesting entry. Thank you.

Also, second for CQC-chan.

>tfw no sniper-chan gf

meme

If Titans were women I'd probably be in jail for stalking and sexually harrassing them

based

who are we playing with dude??
how do you get TWO KILLS in a timed out match??? what are you doing???? and why are 4 people on the enemy team camping in bushes in their base with devotions and archers as if they are going to win when they are down 3 flags? what is this game dude

>Bullying literal new players.

Titanfall needs waifus if it's going to survive as a franchise.

My idea for TF3 is that they fully develop the idea of the titans having AI personalities. Each titan character has a little holographic avatar or sprite of a human babe, something like Cortana from Halo. There will be something for everybody, a titan avatar with big tits, one with a big ass, a BBW, one that looks tomboyish, one that's a guy that looks like a girl, a black chick etc. They'll all have bullshit catchphrases that people will like to spout on youtube comments pages and social media. It'll be a hit.

>>My idea for TF3 is that they fully develop the idea of the titans having AI personalities. Each titan character has a little holographic avatar or sprite of a human babe, something like Cortana from Halo
they shoulda done that with tf2. woudlve been a whole nother avenue of cosmetics they could sell

I love the grapple execution so I made a thing

Stylish

I love it. I wish I'd thought of this.

What it really needs is to be released more intelligently and not be published by EA. And it needs to promote a competitive ecosystem for people to get invested in. That means ranked laddering and having a mode set aside as "the" competitive game mode.

They don't have to push it as an esport, but they need to design it with competition in mind. Otherwise it will just be "better CoD". People will only play it for some casual fun, and like CoD (and tfall1/2) it will die fast.

Also steam release would help a lot, and a

>Overwatch (free)
Nigga what are you talking about

siiiiiick.

Half of them are women.
And machines don't need consent.
Enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=8zXvmSS7V5o

~Memecontroller~
My video editing skills are still dookie but at least my thumbnail making power lvl has increased. Oh well I don't even care I'm doing it for fun :^)

I wish we could customize our titan

That was painful, couldn't even get past a minute

>Half of them are women.
They're all male to me, I don't give a fuck about their voices.

That doesn't make sense

No, it does.
They're combat robots and most soldiers are male, so I see them as male (or really just genderless).

>They're combat robots and most soldiers are male, so I see them as male
But it's fallacious, as you've said, they're combat robots, not soldiers. Titans being genderless is more logical, but we don't know how their AI is programmed, and assigning a gender to them could have some explanations relying on their artificial brains or the interactions with the pilots

Actually bad. Don't put shitty music over your full match recording when at least half of it is you doing nothing and playing shitty.

You lost the match too you chode

Music and slowness gave me anxiety

Hyper intelligent learning AI does need consent, user. I'm not fucking Northstar without her permission.

>discord

Now that im done leveling my EPG its time to level the mastiff.
Goodbye flick shots, hello clothesline.

>match where me and the enemy got nearly all of our teams to start dancing with titans
>shadowplay still not on
FUCK.

And here I thought I was the only toasterfucker who thought that way

>toasterfucker
I don't find mechas sexually attractive, you low fuck.

I also made this one awhile back. Plan to make one about the stim execution pretty soon, but I only made the grapple one because I just started playing titanfall after I hadn't played for awhile.

The stim one will be cool because I can switch it out for every punch, hopefully it doesn't look too messy.

Overwatch costs $40.

Still, that kinda goes along with your point. It's under the full price of $60. I know I was hesitant to buy TF2 until it was on sale. Overwatch is also on Battle.net. Meanwhile I'd bet most Titanfall 2 players use Origin solely for that purpose. I'm actually impressed by the number of people playing on PC considering that I know literally 0 people who have ever used Origin. I wouldn't be surprised if the playerbase were triple the size, or more, if it were on Steam.

SHOULD I?

left 4 dead 2 has over 4x the active playebase at titanfall 2

its obvious it would do way better ons team

Remember to lead your shots with the Mastiff.
I'd consider lowering your pilot mouse sensitivity as well.
As far as Titan-play goes. When you were in Ion and your teammate was Northstar you should have flanked/gone for a mid ranged fight while she provided support. Its possible to take on multiple Titans at once as Ion but good support from someone like a Northstar is really going to go a long way when you're engaging at mid range with decent cover. For a multi titan engagement it becomes less about energy management and more about pure reflector management - as well as good old fashioned hip fire.

They don't have sexes but they do have gendered voices. A fair amount of pilots are female as well user.

I think the concept of gender is very interesting in terms of A.I. Gender and more so gender roles are an extension of the sexes in my opinion. That beings said every (almost) sentient/conscious being on earth exists as either male or female. Would a gendered A.I. be easier to interact with? How exactly can we imbue them with the essence of gender?

I know. ok. Maybe it is time for me to pack up my family, travel across the interwebs and settle anew in
>[RDDT]

Thanks, yeah I fucked up in the long-range engagement, should've flanked earlier

Only Vanguard titans have that, in MP we use the old standard weak AI like the IMC.

>Each titan character has a little holographic avatar or sprite of a human babe, something like Cortana from Halo
But I want to fuck the robots

Gender wouldn't have meaning - they're artificial. They don't need sexual genders to procreate. It's entirely whatever they feel like if they feel like it.

Since it's not built-in, doesn't have any particular meaning for them, and AI's can basically choose their gender at will, the next step is to ask what gender carries more benefits than the other, and that's pretty easy. All physical pros and cons and differences between the sexes can be dismissed outright - robots are made of metal, the differences are cosmetic only. This includes everything to do with mental capacity, capability, reflexes, etc.

So what's left? Just psychology and behaviour.

So what psychological benefits do males have? They're seen as more independent, providers, leaders, doers, and fighters.
And women? Women naturally trigger protective responses in men, and are seen as caretakers and objects of desire and all forms of intimacy.

Now, there's no reason to assume AI's would ever be operating on pure reason and logic, but it's reasonable to say that a genderless but intelligent construct might choose a sex entirely on how it benefits from the psychological assumptions placed upon that sex by the member species the AI coexists with.

Which means 'female' AI's are intentionally trying to trigger protective responses, and 'male' AI's want to be seen as working for a living. Both are manipulating human psychology for personal benefit and without any sort of hardcoding will easily be able to swap between whichever they prefer to appear as, adjusting their personality as they see fit. There's no reason not to - gender for an AI is window dressing, it's only there as a tool to manipulate the reaction of the humans around them.

No. By all reports the Mcfarlane Titanfall stuff is just extremely mediocre. Get some gunpla instead.

Is this game still alive? I want to get back into playing it but then I remember all the hitscan shittery involved...

I dunno why I dont see more Tone players do this trick.

yeah eh? its the only thing fun about tone.

I did not know you could do that

its completely broken and not fair so maybe be thankful most people aren't creative enough to do it

Makin flickshots I never even KNEW were possible.

This is why people are convinced /tfg/ is full of aimbotters.

>be game dev
>make something cool
>salvo core featured in titan demo reels in marketing
>mean nerds want it changed

I can't even imagine how much programming work it'd take to change something like the salvo core to be dumbfire rockets

the cooper one isnt too bad, not much can beat gunpla though

I really wish I had my right angle flick shot w/EPG from yesterday. It was aimbot tier.

maybe make salvo actually blockable and it'll be balanced. however its not a serious problem until its gets wider abuse.

I'm happy with titanfall as it is right now, we get it more competitive minded were going to get mouth breathing retards whining about muh skill based matchmaking and muh leaver penalties as well as whining about what they don't like being OP and what they like being underpowered
No thank you

is the game still all about hit scanning bull shit? I loved using the SMR and EPG but it feels so fucking pointless?

Well said.
But I would think that AI would operate almost entirely off of logic and reasoning, disregarding input from humans. Unless they have a built in rng system that's dependent on outside stimuli - which would probably only be useful for crafting things like jokes. Unless the AI is advanced enough to come up with truly novel strategies.

What did you mean by blockable?
Doesn't breaking los with salvo core make it useless?

The abrupt speed stop from the grapple made my fast hurt.

Problem is you can easily "float" the salvo core in open areas until the enemy shows themselves.

salvo has a tendency of wrapping around corners to hit targets take that how you will personally i think cores in general need some work

But user you can't stalk the stalker

What changes would you make to the cores?

as in, it eats every shield in the game in like 2 hits. so now you have an unblockable drone strike that can track you anywhere.

dunno if it was a glitch but I had a scorch with flame shield perk delete a tone's full salvo core fired at point blank. I'll grab the webm sometime.

>Still no art of a female titan picking a pilot and placing him in her cleavage

I'm still disappointed

Request Bleeding Target in the thread give him some references that's how the YandIon pic got made

i don't think cores should deal big damage buttons so id probably want damage core shield core and the like from tf1 or something but no damage core

Legions Bulwark can eat them too so it wouldn't surprise me.

Post more of your own Titans today. I want to judge.

I want female legion to do things to me.

SERVER PATCH UPDATE
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11757/04-10-2017-server-patch#latest

Coliseum
Pilot model will now match the tactical
Fixed bug where Ticks would persist after the match ended and kill enemy during the victory pose.
And...
Fixed bug where dead players could still return the flag in Capture the Flag.
Fixed issue of players and holopilots getting stuck on geometry.
Balance change for Forward Base Kodai where we changed center battery location based on feedback.

I'm a casual who barely visits these threads though. I'm mostly here for the funny images

Fuck that was the image that almost killed me during that happy hour stack on xbone

I'd make the cores add utility, rather than being MOBA ults that wipe 2+ enemy titans.

Honestly Ronin's sword core probably comes the closest to this, since it lets him survive stupid amounts of punishment with sword block and enables him to dash around a shit ton.

Having them work as "I win" buttons with little/no counterplay is just lame. Even the most retard of retards can kill shit with laser core for example. Cores should've been more like the pilot tacticals.

Why is melee so shit?

>3am
>sobering up/entering hangover phase
>landing incredible EPG flicks in live fire
>carry several games to victory against stacks
>can't perform at reasonable hours when I don't feel like death

Why is coliseum mode so bad?

Because they keep fucking with the formula when the original version was best.

Really?

>setRocketPath = Projectile.salvo_rocket_homing_behavior();
>delete delete delete
>setRocketPath = Projectile.straight_path_behavior();

never seen this conversation before, i always thought this pit was death
i want to have fun beach time with bt

so that's why everyone was bitching about botters yesterday. nice shot dude

laser core is easier than sword core, but nowhere near as easy to use as the missiles. Ion is vulnerable while using it, unable to dash, and you need to make sure you get line of sight for the entire duration while also not getting attacked very much. If you lost some health earning your core, you can easily be destroyed while firing it. A legion with 3/4 health can even out-dps you while eating the whole core if you want to go full retard.

Tone's core is literally fire into the sky and wait for the kill feed. No situational awareness necessary.

>Ion - huge noticeable startup. have to make all of 4 seconds count
>Northstar - has to fly up in the air first before you can start shooting rockets. leaves you a giant slow moving target spamming whizzing rockets
>Tone - [look directly upward] BBBRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPTTTT entire core done in 2 seconds. don't even need a target for it immediately.

All Tone REALLY needed was her core to not be so fucking bursty. The pods just flip out and back like they're made of feathers.
I'd halve the damage but double the amount of rockets too.

>Fixed bug where dead players could still return the flag in Capture the Flag.

I thought it was a feature. The game is hard enough when you're trying to carry an entire team of shitters, and put fucking pressure on the enemy team to get your flag quickly. Now they can just leave it out for 30 seconds until someone feels like grabbing it.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's really good for everyone except ronin because they can use it to push ronin away so he deals no damage but takes melee damage when he's sperging out in sword core

really wish people on tfg would talk about the game, rather than art. petition for seperate general for video game art

we are talking about the game?

half the threads are people just jacking off over fanart

epg is definitely viable still. just gotta lead ylur shots. sometimes ive had them hit point blank and only do half health, it's weird sometimes. but extremely satisfying once you get it down.

in a agem where going fast seems to be the most important thing to master, why usie anything but stim?

>top guy on their team is a frothy's fag force using r97/phase/smart pistol
>outfrag the fuck out of him with lstar/grapple
>outscored because he farmed ai
>pro patch

Laughing.

>bragging about using the lstar
also laughing

good on ya for fucking him up though

Bruh you gatta get 20+ kills and 40 so kills
Rain death

whats wrong with it

its a totally middle of the road gun

Is that bad?

Good job, but if you aren't farming AI you aren't playing Attrition right.

the projectiles are fucking huge, it doesnt take much to hit people with it

I do it with the standard missiles pretty regularly, shooting them in the air when they try and hide behind a rock is pretty useful against northstar jiggle peeking spergs