Why does everyone only care about drag and 40pulls...

Why does everyone only care about drag and 40pulls. Fuck I'm so tired of just seeing who can throw the most money at their car and floor it and flat foot shift at car meets. Nobody wants to go to the twisty fun roads. And I drive a fucking mustang.

Why is this a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-news/review/fiesta-vs-clio-10-litre-hatch-battle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>to be faster in the twisties, you need to put more money in your car
Guess what faggot. Going faster cost money. It's also easier for anyone to get a quick pull on an open highway to race than it is for idiots to slide around corners blind and kill somebody.

We're out here bro. I specifically added HFC's, long tube CAIs, and larger intake plenum so I could tune for power under the curve on my car. Yes top end improved but there is 25whp/20wtq more than before from 4k-6k rpm with a redline at 8k. It's perfect for twisties because I can keep it in 3rd gear and utilize those gains. It's also has way smoother delivery.

Im hoping to hit up Mid Ohio for a track day this year and see how she does.

*this was before I upped the redline

Haven't dynoed since because
>onehundredandfuckingfiftydollarsfor3runs.jpg what nigger???

Because they're afraid to get a motorcycle.

>Nobody wants to go to the twisty fun roads
Kind of hard to find in some states in America. That or they are way the fuck out there.

Because touge isnt big in the west

Touge isn't big in the west because we barely have any mountain passes to begin with.

Touge = mountain pass.

Because you don't need actual skill for drag racing/40pulls.

Going down a twisty road can be done on a bicycle. Boring.

most idiots get exposed as shit drivers on curvy roads because they never spend the money or time to upgrade the most important thing they can: themselves

this is why i stopped watching stuff like 1320video. Unless it's top fuellers doing 300mph+, drag racing is boring. Also the attitude most of the drivers have is hilariously cringe-worthy.

Im scared one of those retards will hit my fucking car while we race on a twisty road. How did DAGUMI and his friends not worry about that. I mean they hit the guardrail occasionally but it was never totaled.

I had this conversation with my gf the other day

Talking about a dipshit's Camaro
>ok but it's still a racecar
>it's still a piece of shit Camaro with bolt on shit and drag slicks. It doesn't interest me at all
>ok but it's still 700hp does that not sound fun to you?
>not really, no. Straight line acceleration is not very interesting to me.
>you think going a 1/4 mile in 10 seconds is boring?
>honestly yeah, I'm sure it's fun for 10 seconds but that's not for me
>wow
>what? I like using driving skill in turns, not holding a car straight and putting my right foot down for only 10 seconds

Things that never happaned the green text.

Why would I make that up? Lol

You think girls have no interest in cars?

I like how the elitist faggots itt complain about how nobody wants to be around them and then turn right around and sneer at the things others like to do. So all y'all can just fuck right off.

Found the dipshit who pours money in a car to go fast in a straight line

Step up and learn to drive faggot

I get to deliver cars for a detail shop and anytime I get to drive a fast car like a Hellcat its always disappointing cause you step on the gas to see how fun it is and a few seconds later you're already at the speed limit. Those cars are cool and all, but I have way more fun in a slow ass car cause you can get all the fun noises and feels without breaking the speed limit

Do americans even have twisty roads?

Im serious.

Outside of mountains do you guys have twisty roads or is it mostly just straight line bullshit.

I've also had this conversation, with 2 girls actually. Most people (not just girls) really do equate performance with drag potential. The only person who preempted ME by saying that drag racing was ok, but not that cool, was ironically a girl who enjoyed driving as well, and drove a 240sx that looked like shit. Probably crashed drifting, but still cool.

>the more people you talk to, the more chances you'll meet someone and have a story to tell

There's a few around here. Specifically there is a road out here that's about 10miles of long sweeping turns, couple hair pins and a big straightaway. It's good shit.

If anyone ever tells you no, they've never been on any back roads in the south.

What is "The Tail of the Dragon" good sir.

We have great roads, america is just fucking huge.

The roads in VT are pretty good, I can do 4 passes out and back in under 2 hours.

All the roads are
>50 mph speed limit
though, so fuck driving with anyone else on the road. Driving at night is better anyway, you can see headlights far away, and through blind turns, over blind hills, etc.

San Antonio has some decently twisty roads on the northwest side of town towards the hill country. I invite people out who seem like they arent huge douchebags. I mostly get turned down. Even JDM-TyTe people dont want to go on the roads.

I guess its just lonely out there. Wish I had a race buddy. or rival or something.

incoming journal entry
>end up on the southside of town, kind of ghetto
>lots of fucking cars, but also lots of ghetto people
>theyre doing pulls on a major thoroughfare
>have to move to new meet locations 4 times because the cops broke up all of them
>meet some guy with a nice camaro
>nah dude I cant handle that
welp

Theres some huge douchenozzle in a Golf GTI with a tune and a turbo who keeps talking shit to my friends(talking shit in their facebook comments like wtf) and I think next time i'll challenge him to the twisty road to see if he knows how to actually drive.

If you don't have twisty roads in your area, what about huge empty parking lots? In SF Bay we have a lot of tech parks with large empty parking lots that are abandoned most of the time with no security and people use them to teach their kids how to drive. I sometimes go back to the place I learned how to drive and just hoon. There's even a part of the road full of tire marks from people doing donuts

Does Europe? Most of the Autobahn is literally perfectly straight. Most cities and towns are straight roads with perpetual traffic and congestion.

Because racing on straights is good fun. Twisties increases the danger and promotes agresive driving to keep the other from passing.

I was talking rural roads. Not autobahn or urban. But I guess shitposting is easier than giving an honest answer.

This is a picture of a substitute landingstrip in case of war on the autobahn.

>Euro roads are so straight you can land planes on them

not a good argument.

Those roads are too beaten up and small to go fast on anyways. If they're in good condition they got speed and CCTV cameras every 20 feet.

>Yes
>Southern CA
There are twisty roads but, there are a few problems.
>Way too many people on these roads until about 8-9pm. Talking Other issue is the road being in rough shape eg. bad potholes, and sometimes the road just ends and turns into dirt.

Maybe if I had a different car I could have more fun.

>later into the night (past 10pm) cops with hide around the various twists and turns waiting to pull you over for anything.

topgear.com/car-news/review/fiesta-vs-clio-10-litre-hatch-battle

relevant

>war on the autobahn
Sounds like a movie where Merkel decides to cuck Germany even more.

Yeah because everyone is gunna track their car. God you're a fag

Better roads than yours, inevitably. Our land mass is much larger.

You sound like a jelly poorfag. Your GF will e breaking up with you soon because of your assburger.

I thought going fast and straight in a car was fun. Then I got a literbike. Fast cars are boring now, slow cars that corner fast are where it's at.

0-60 in under 3 for 6 grand isn't a joke and it's about as safe as an older muscle car, if not safer because your can casually slide down the track in leather instead of getting banged around in a tumbling box.

jesus you sound 15

>not a speed freek
I bet you watch initial d too

>I have never actually participated in a drag race in a fast car.

germans are at it again

To have a truly fast, as in motorcycle fast car you must be able to afford two cars, lest you bend a rod every two weeks and find yourself a pedestrian while doing mods/building your engine

Your post was of equal quality to his answer, to be fair.

We do in britbong land, you just have to leave london.

however going full dagumi on Wrynose pass will get you killed.

and then there's Cheddar Gorge aka the UK's premier dorifto track, to the dismay of the locals

Kirkstone Pass is a little eaiser because it's two lanes however it will quickly seperate the shit drivers and tourists.

the way the locals drive this is hilarious, full maximum attack, passing 2-3 cars at once, all in a Nissan Juke.

Finally, the italians built this.

>What is "The Tail of the Dragon" good sir.
Slow

dagumi and co. usually had guys on the really bad corners with flashlights and radios, when the lookouts on the bottom of the hill saw a car coming they'd radio in and all the dudes would blink their lights and scrub the race
it just never happened because that's not interesting

Going in a straight line can be done on a bicycle.
Boring.

Where I live (Florida) everything is straight roads. Your cartofeels handling machine will lose to a pretty ordinary automatic Camaro any day of the week.

come to WA, faggot

*AKINA DOWNHILLING INTENSIFIES*

Winning a straight line ''race'' is like winning the special olympics.

my stock muscle car is as fast as older 600-700cc bikes

>bend a rod every two weeks

you sound like a fedora tipper

So is winning an internet discussion and both of you are really fucking trying

>America has all straight roads :DD
This triggers the Pennsylvanian. Don't forget that the US has almost every type of geographical feature within its borders

600-700ccs are learner bikes user

Except for cramped Euro cities where speeds rarely exceed 25mph

Commiefornian reporting in. Can confirm SoCal has the best twisty roads in the country. Only rivaled by Hawaiis mountain passes.

Maybe for a cruiser; sportbikes in that displacement range can easily fuck up a novice rider

> the faster it is the faster it's over
kek what a sport

norcal has amazing roads too
id be surprised if socal was better

>Why does everyone only care about drag and 40pulls
The easiest sort of racing. Any retard in the cheapest V8 he could find off Gumtree can plant it at the lights and dust the unwilling and unknowing competition. Also there's an abundance of straight lines to do this on. Twisties tend to be further out, and often policed heavily because traffic cops know cunts like to muck about on those roads.

>Oklahoma
I have to drive at least an hour to get to any relatively curvy road, and even then the sections are not that big.

what? the US has way way way way more mountain roads than japan you dumb weeb.

>idiots
Some of us are tofu delivery boys you know