/osg/ - Auto Sticker General

Auto Sticker General #253

Previous thread: >List of Vendors and Social Media
pastebin.com/AGc66Z8j

>/osg/ FAQ
pastebin.com/vaEgettv

>What is this thread for?
A thread to discuss, post, create, and review anything related to Automotive Decals and Stickers

>Currently looking for:
>An internet lawyer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
Idea Guys (Come up with Sticker Ideas, Veeky Forums club names, etc.)
Anons with artistic talent willing to make decals for free.
Anons with decal production equipment (Specifically Vinyl Printer Equipment)

Other urls found in this thread:

dafont.com/anime-ace-bb.font
fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Karatula
townshipracing.us/product/posers-club
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

debating which of these two to have printed up

going to be starting a store

which does Veeky Forums like moar

Why not both?
If you do do both maybe use a different backgrounds each one, so if someone wanted to use both it wouldn't look dumb.

Posting my shit right at the top cause pastebin bro is slackin.

Http://BlackFlagRacing.Club

Ive been looking for a good manga font but i havent been having much look

I could do that too. the background was literally a photo I took of some shit I had in a junk box and some tools thrown on top, I have plenty of busted ass dirty car parts to get another for a different design

I have another font I used too which has a similar sort of dilapidated look

This is worse than fidget spinners.

i know what I can do, pile of parts for "junkyard hero" and a pile of tools for "always broken"

Thanks Speedmaster! Hopefully I don't fuck it up.

This is real lazy, my dude. And it doesn't look that good. You gotta put in some work to reach an aesthetic beyond "photo with text over top".

I'll continue to ree at you until you fix that.

U rite.

Youre welcome!
Ive found pulling the backing away at a sharp angle helps, as long as you do it slowly anyway, but im sure you can do it!

If anyone else is interested in one ive only got a handful left!
speedmaster.bigcartel.com

open and welcome to any suggestions, I'm not a graphic designer by any means but I'm enjoying messing around with this stuff

nigger i can see the JPEG artifacts from here, this is shit tier. also considering people will be looking at these from like 10 feet away why exactly did you decide to pick the thinnest font you could actually find
did you know there are katakana fonts BESIDES the built in adobe ones????

:3
Sounds good.
Glad I could help!

W H E N

I'm gonna work on that one more, that's literally just arial but I was gonna look up other fonts

There's no real formula for it and there isn't enough there for me to critique. Eyeball it and fuck around until it's interesting and coherent. Look at some other shops and get some inspo. Collect a bunch of fonts that might look good and try them all out. There's plenty of resources online to help with color schemes, photo editing, etc. Just put more thought into your designs you'll achieve a better end result.

Wew. Is this the next path I go down?

washed my car today

Thoughts on something like this?

>not a graphic designer
>never designed a slap before
>made this in paint

now print it in leather

a bit generic don't you think?
slaps should at least have some substance to them other than "japanese text on google image"

dafont.com/anime-ace-bb.font

?

that's a free personal font, not for commercial use

oh, missed that

any place to find decent fonts that are free for commercial use?

Just imitate a random manga font using your own handwriting, and scan it.

Pretty sure you can't get sued for doing that.

font squirrel or something like that. just google free commercial fonts. my fonts has a free section too I think.

Store update:

order placed with the supplier to get the new stickers printed.

based off of the preorders, there's more of the popular ones coming (Shall We, I Brake for Kouhais, Dangerous When Wet) and fewer of the unpopular ones (Rem/Ram, Delicious, Notice Me Senpai, Hello Police).

Kinda disappointed those weren't popular, as I had to pay the artists for those designs. Oh well.

fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Karatula

Thanks boys, I owe you all a cold one

you could send me one of those stickers with the text "5 cylinder" if you were so inclined

My email is [email protected], whats yours.

just sent you an e-mail

boring as fuck, don't use katakana as an excuse for design

Heyyy thats pretty good, and free for commercial use too (Karatula)

>mfw I would've probably gotten the ram & rem one if either I knew what a materia was or if they were just in their normal outfits
Although, I feel like anyone could guess that fan art sells at least 9001% worse than anything official. Us weebs like our art styles to be as consistent as possible since liking anime requires some form of autism.

same. no idea what materia is, but they did look cute and $5 isn't too much for a die cut.

That's a good way of putting it.

Generic slaps are easy, just fiddle with it until it sits right.

Dude atleast try to draw something on your own, its not really good to use people's art.

how are mangacaps different then anime screenshots?

Can't really express what I'm saying but, one made by huge animator and one made by a 'small' artist, one may fall under 'parody law' but one may count as stealing art.

You're at the wrong place if you look for where they appreciate originality

you're telling me that manga is "small" artist while anime is big studio? fuck off. i can understand fanart since it's someone making art for free then getting it stolen for profit, but manga is also published under major companies. it's not some indie band playing garage shows.

Oooh, sorry I thought you referring to fanart and anime screenshots. Still depends on the manga though.

FAGs are like Gundam kits, but cute.

Anime caps are usually vectored so you at least have the excuse that you put work into it. Copy pasta manga screens is actually just stealing and normally doesn't print well.

At least put in the effort to vector it.

NO

they were wearing the outfits of the Materia twins from Frame Arms Girl.

>litecoin
Hows it feel to be a gainlet

Stop buying stickers, it's fuckin gay

my life goal is to never wear cloths, only stickers covering my genitals and nipples.
Don't judge me. :^(

considering i was in on it before you even heard about it, pretty good

ur gay

If there was a "hotdog cum" sticker would you buy it?

:^)

Has anyone bought townships 100 dollar sticker?

>vectored
>vector it.
that wasnt the argument. if you want to butt in at least read the context.
>Dude atleast try to draw something on your own, its not really good to use people's art.

I'm interested, can i have a link to that $100 sticker and i'll spend my student finance on it.

It's on townshipracing.us

>make OP image
>because my shit is wrecked

:(

Insurance adjuster just came, it'll be totaled, just waiting to find out how much I'll get since there was some prior hail damage.

What should I do with it? Build an autocross kart?

exocet or bust

I aint got exocet money, but I was thinking strip the body down and cage it in as a ghettocet kart

Stopped coming here for a while because of all the petty bullshit
Things back to "normal" yet?

More or less, yes.

Although Hoon still promotes his store even though he'll forever be blacklisted.

buy it from insurance, fix it yourself, get rebuild title..... duh

Waifusquad stickers arrived today, can't wait to weeb up my shitbox. Thanks WaifuSquad!

How many extra HP does the Tohru slap get me?

I was hoping he was just dead at this point

One extra horse.

Boutta make some bad decisions rn :^)

addendum:
how the fuck do I apply the slaps, all the guides I've found are for vinyls
Can I just clean the surface and slap it on?

just do it carefully, make sure the surface is clean and dry, start on one edge, line it up whatever, and go slowly so you don't get any air bubbles.
gl

someone said that for spending so much in their store I would get some free stickers. not a promotion, just to show their gratitude. i got the stickers but it was only what i ordered... should i ask them about it?

>complaining about not getting a free sticker

the audacity of some people... baka desu senpai

did you leave a note?

I've only got freebies when I leave a note desu

Send them an email.

i haven't done anything tho. i wasn't expecting any to begin with, it was only because they told me.

no, we were talking in dm about my purchase and they said they would throw in some freebies.

'you forgot my freebies mang'

Glad they arrive quick man.
Prep surface by cleaning down with rubbing alcohol or windex and removing any dust or particles. peel from backing and lay down vinyl from top left corner to bottom right corner using a credit card or other flat surface to press down on the vinyl and remove air bubbles from the contact area.

Applied some slaps to my thunderbird today, greetings from swedistan

These came in the mail today, thanks for the stickers waifu and kitsune! After having the handwriting analyzed by an expert i have to agree with you waifusquad, chiri a best

I like to start with a 1200 grit sandpaper to make sure the glass is really clean. Then you can lightly spray a mist of rubbing alcohol on the back of the slap- the liquid promotes adhesion just like any vinyl, and dries quickly.

>manga font

I used to typeset, if you want generic manga font, use wildwords. Or, if you're worried about copyright, use one of the many variations that are free and nearly identical.

Nice 'Berta sticker. Here's my latest cop.

??? No I don't, fuck off you fucking cunt, I will fuck your shit up

DO it and get diecuts for the cage

Horrible. You didn't even apply any sort of effect to it to accentuate any part of the broken pieces.

What the fuck does it say?

That will look horrible in leather because of the small lines all through the red, you wouldn't be able to appreciate the individual shapes. It would need to be done in something like Gloss or Satin to really be able to appreciate the detail that went into the lights.

Fucking can't find anywhere to make this fit nicely. Why dinyou do me like this imouto?

>Not really good to use other peoples art
This entire thread, is full of stealing art, that is not paid for or licensed. Please.

There is no difference, this fag is just mad you're making something he likes and he is finding some way to talk you out of it so he can make it himself. Don't trust any one here.

Vectoring is tracing an image, it doesn't matter if you trace fan art, or trace anime caps, it is still stealing because you are by definition tracing something which by definition is *copying*. *gasps*.

Vectoring is not a requirement at all.

Yummy Stickies promised extras to me as well because he had grossly long delays on sending out orders, yet he sent no extras. Don't be afraid to call people on it, it is important for people to know who is a liar and who is not.

Shops should not state something and then not do it, especially when dealing with customers.

DM them and hold them to it. They might be doing this to many people and asking people to buy 1 sticker and get another free but when you receive your order you don't get the free one and they lied to you to make a sale.

anyone info where i can buy this please
also more cool fuckboy stickers examples ty

>Yummy Stickies promised extras to me as well because he had grossly long delays on sending out orders, yet he sent no extras. Don't be afraid to call people on it, it is important for people to know who is a liar and who is not

Fucking failed and grabbed wrong image. Now this isn't nearly as worth it.

If you want that sticker, email me ([email protected]) and I'll send you the contact info for a person who makes cut decals. You can have him design a few for you with your own 'fuckboy phrases', it won't be expensive, probably $1-$2 per for however many you want.

Receipt? An email correspondence letting me know the order has shipped, apologizing profusely, two times in fact, and including a 10% off code on the next order, as an added extra because of shipping delays.

Don't tell people you're going to send extras, and admit that it's because you had long delays, and apologize, twice, and then not send any extras. When you say you will do something, and then not do it, you're breaking a contract between yourself and the buyer. If I wanted to I could open up a claim, and demand the free stickers because the seller has given me a statement that says I would have gotten extras, and I did not receive any extras.

Get it? Now fuck off.

Ah Jesus Christ, Hoon got fucking triggered again.

I don't understand why you are so easy to get worked up. Are you like this in real life too?

Cool pic someone sent to me of their Gaijin Sky Edition sticker in their Miata! Considering doing this one in Leather next as well, Rule Breaker turned out amazingly well

If you buy this townshipracing.us/product/posers-club I will send you extras

>townshipracing.us/product/posers-club
damn TSR bringing the heat

Plis one of u fukkos identify the Kiznaivers sticky on the top. There's an extreme lack of Kiznaivers stickies and I need one.

who are you again?

at which point in the process do I break out the dremel