Range Rover Sport SVR in British Racing Green

I'm thinking of ordering my next SVR in British Racing Green or some variant. What does Veeky Forums think?

What color interiors look best with BRG vehicles? light tans?

What do you think of painting the calipers yellow?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2010/04/21/land-rover-to-ford-good-luck-with-terrain-management-just-rem/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not sure if they do it but a nice dark brown interior would really suit that car. I'd leave the calipers dark too.

Thanks. Yeah, I can actually get just about anything. There is an SVO division that does custom work, so if I want dark brown that's an option really.

So maybe I should look at chocolate browns?

Browns for sure, also grey or white
Theres one called Brogue on some jag models
Patrician color brah. Brg da best.

Thanks. Brogue is very helpful, going to check that out. Also makes it easier to find if it's a Jaguar Land Rover color they already have.

White could look amazing too. I'm careful, and never eat the car, and have no friends so keeping the interior in good condition wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I'm a bit scared because every land rover in my area is white or black, maybe anthracite. I have a silver one now and I barely see those even (pic related). So selling a green one might be really hard in the future, but, I plan on keeping it for a while and hopefully it will look so nice that people will love it despite being different.

I really like the SVRs but want a unique one without it being a wild color. Sporty but classy is the goal.

I'm jealous, I have a 2015 RRS with the exact same color scheme as your silver/black SVR. Lovely vehicle.

You're on the right track with BRG - that'll certainly be the color of my next one. I've actually never seen the dark brown "brogue" color mentioned in the thread, but my interior is tan. Totally misleading name because it's actually a rich brown that I think would look stunning on a green RR. Pictures are really misleading for the color as well, I'd recommend going and seeing one in person.

The only thing I'm not certain of is whether or not you want all the carbon fiber bits on the interior. If you want something a little more understated I'd have it replaced with wood on a brown interior. Carbon fiber and brown sounds a bit hideous.

Can you actually drive those niggermobiles off the road? Fear of scratching it aside.
They always look too low to me.

Thanks. Yeah, it's Indus Silver Metallic. It does a great job of having contrast with the black parts of the car. One of my fears of BRG is that without that contrast of the black stuff on the car gets lost. But, I'm just not sure I want silver again. I've always wanted a BRG vehicle and I feel like now is my chance.

I'm going to go to the dealer this weekend and check out the color chips, but I'm going to be in London in a few weeks and I'm scheduled to visit SVO which is a few hours north and talk to their designers. The problem with the dealership is they tend to only have black, silver, gray and white ones at mine - and colors are hard for me to judge on a chip.

Another thing I considered was I think the BRG they offer is metallic. I thought about asking for a regular gloss one with no metallic.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do on the interior bits. I'm a bit tired of carbon. I had a regular Sport before with the black piano gloss and actually preferred that. Wood might be just the ticket though.

It's at access height in that photo. When you park and shut it off the air bags deflate. Normal mode is on the low side of a normal SUV, and off road height is actually pretty tall. Still, I use it as a daily to get to work and avoid the South Florida flooding. No offroading really.

Light tan looks good as says so do the darker browns and they are a bit better when you get it muddy.

Given the choice between yellow and the default blue for the brake calipers the yellow clashes less.

BRG and a black roof is a good combo still.

The RRS is litereally a moped compared to the vogue

Thanks. Yes, that's what I was thinking. Orange is another option for the brakes, since we have orange in our lights - but I think yellow is probably better. Red will look like Christmas.

The SVR brakes don't really shine through that much, especially not with those wheels, so it wouldn't be a ton of yellow.

I thought about doing some yellow someplace else to go with the brakes, but I really don't like the yellow details (seatbelts especially) in this Porsche. And having just the blue ones now on my silver/black vehicle looks good.

Yep, I think it will look sharp.

Bit too big for me. Doesn't seem like much but in my two car garage, the extra length and width is a lot. Parking is also a bit of a concern, but, probably be alright. I've looked at SVAutobiography's in the past (prefer the bit bigger engine). I also really enjoy the exhaust note of the SVR.

Vogue not LWB SVAUTOBIOGRAPHY, poorfag

This is now a green car thread.

nice choice OP good luck.

Check out E39 M5 Caramel Heritage leather.
thats what I'd love one day.

Appreciate the kind words. The Caramel Heritage is a very nice lighter option, thank you. I think both a dark or light would work.

I for sure want my dash to be dark color though, I hate the windscreen reflections that lighter tones cause when placed adjacent to the windshield. I was in a Porsche the other day that had a tan dash and the reflection was really irritating. Usually with the lighter colors can do a two tone. Since there is a lot of black in the car, I could probably do a light tan with a black dash, or if I went fora darker.

It looks just like a ford explorer.

The difference is the Explorer looks like shit and Range Rovers look good. They were designed by the same guy.

Don't Ford and Land Rover have internal design people?

Why not get the new Velar?

It's not much smaller except in the direction I don't want: height. They made the Velar only 2inch smaller in length and width, but the height is 9inch lower to get that chopped roof look. While I mostly like Velars design (not big on the view from the rear), and they are making an SVR model, I'm not sure I want to jump to that model. I think the Sport still looks a little classier too.. BRG on that Velar just doesn't seem to look as good when I was Photoshopping around. Thanks for throwing out the option though, I did weigh it!

Oh, that explains it. I was at the Daytona 24H wandering around the ford booth and I had to look three times at the Explorer before I figured out it wasn't a Land Rover.

God I love the design of these things. Masterpieces.

me too desu

>What does Veeky Forums think?
My grandmother always insisted green cars were unlucky.
She, however, got dementia and died of being unable to manage her diabetes.

this looks awful

I think lighter tan like Sandy color car interior would look nice with that color, I don't care for landrovers/SUVs though

Yeah too light of a color, plus the accenting isn't my taste.

Thank you. I'm a bit up in the air about going to a dark or light interior. There are a lot of options. Even white might look good as someone mentioned earlier, but I'm leaning toward a brown or tan.

ford fucked up discontinuing this color

Yes they do. Jim Holland designed the newest generation Range Rovers, then he was hired by Ford and designed the newest Explorer. This is why there are so many similar design cues, most notably the head and tail lights.

I quite like this.

Is that Highland Green? It looks very nice. I think the majority of people would just rather have white or black, and it doesn't make sense to carry these less common colors. And dealers don't want to resell them when they come off lease.

He was the chief engineer, not designer, and it was a while ago.
autoblog.com/2010/04/21/land-rover-to-ford-good-luck-with-terrain-management-just-rem/

LR got butthurt because he made a Terrain Response-like system for Ford.

>all our next cars will be dark green