30 minutes from home with a stuck front brake pad

>30 minutes from home with a stuck front brake pad

What can I do?

you can get home with 3 brakes ive gotten home with 2 before no big deal

WOT the whole way then watch it catch fire directly in front of your house

If you've got a large enough hitting stick, try giving the caliper a good twat
Fixed my issue until I got it to a garage, but that was an E-brake fault not a normal brake fault

It's a jeep thing, just embrace it.

I'm not worried about the 3 that work I'm worried about the stuck one seizing up.

Let er rip tater chip.

Kek

Block the rear wheels, jack it up, get the wheel off. Use anything available to pry the pads back apart. Put your hazards on and use the emergency brake to stop from now to home.

If you have a long enough flathead and the wheels have access holes enough you can angle the screwdriver in between the rotor and pad and hammer a little gap

Then don't use your brakes.

Used to do this to my motorhome

IT's not a stuck brake pad it's a stuck caliper. block off flow to that caliper somehow, either by clamping down on rubber hose with vice grips and ruining it. or something else idk.

Or heaven forbid buy a 30$ caliper from parts store and change it in the parking lot, seriously.

Or alternatively if youre flat broke or no parts store:

Remove caliper and pads, wire them up to your axle or something so you're not dragging them. Put a appropriate sized stick or rock whatever to put in the caliper in place of rotor for it to squeeze down on so the caliper piston doesnt pop out and lose all youre brake fluid while you drive home.

Or lube up rotor to reduce friction but this will ruin your pads.

Shit will handle funky so no crazy driving.

>teacher at a high school in a predominately white neighborhood
>every asshole kid/stoner/jerk/chad/retard owns a busted old jeep or a recent wrangler
>they either talk about how they are going to lift kit it or how its broken every other week

Jeeps are literally the idiots car brand
Jeeps: Just. Empty. Every. Pocket.

>that photo

OP, I don't think pissing on it will unstuck it

hello fellow educator. I teach HS English, myself. My students are into roling coal and foxbodies. one of them just got an RX8 but seems to know his shit.

I teach in new york/long island
it's pretty much jeep heaven. You'll see shitboxes and shit jeeps with lift kits with 100K miles.

how are the kids out there? I teach just north of milwuakee and we get some rough characters, especially in the core/remedial classes.

Closest parts store is 45 minutes from me.

This thing had been sitting in my parents yard for like 8 months because of some small shit wrong with it (dead battery and broken clutch cable). I fixed them and drove it around close for maybe a week and everything was fine. I let it sit for maybe a week and I hopped in in today to drive to a friends house about an hour away, it was all country road driving until about 30 minutes in when I hit my first stoplight. I smelled the brakes so I pulled into a gym I was near and sure enough it was stuck.

Pull wheel, pull caliper, pull pads out. Reinstall caliper without brake pads, clamp off flex line with 1-2 pairs of vise grips, the more the better really, and take it easy. It'll pull like a women walking by expensive clothes, but just go easy on the brakes and don't panic brake.

My yj did that too, like others said, wack it, or get some vice grips if you have them and clamp the hose shut. It's the piston that is stuck closed so sometimes if you wack it you can get lucky and break it free.

also
>jeep things

you should weld those jack stands to your axle then weld some high strength caster wheels to the base of those stands

oem+

I'm gonna make it Veeky Forums

Lol what the fuck

i lol'd way to hard at this

What's the rock for?

Offroading

Just crack the bleeder screw open on the caliper and avoid using your brakes as much as possible. Repeat as necessary until you arrive to your destination.