/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

Previous:
>Patch 1.13 (12th for PC/PS4, 14th for XB1)
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Dark Souls III Design Works
mega.nz/#!eN0mESTD!j8xyZY5h9huOuiRmSYbzTkv9la8qCaSjpDqJGAiL8k0

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/wuZdMmJB

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

unkindler.github.io/caps/
imdb.com/name/nm0510586/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the best infusion for Sellsword Twinblades?

Why aren't you fucks talking about how fucking amazing the Harald Curved Greatsword is?

>tfw you've been a greatsword/no shield bro since das1 and don't really know how to be anything else

Just in case the guy trying to kill the Dancer with me missed it, I'm done for the night. Thanks for your help.

frost

How do you get the Way of the White Corona without dying or shooting 40 arrows over the course of 10 minutes?

Sharp, obviously? I mean, unless you're trying to use them on a build with 66 str for some reason. Even at 40/40 they come out better as sharp rather than refined.

Gotcha. If ya need anything ever, I'll be around.

newfag here

Can I enjoy DS3 without playing the previous games?

hidden body and slumbering dragon ring
or just acquire proficiency and kill them

>S calling in Strength in Heavy
>WA has Hyper armor and combo
It's really underated.

Because it's the exact same bullshit as exile, only worse.

are greatshields any good?

reminder that this is LITERALLY the very first image you ever see of lothric when you start the game.

dark souls 3 borrowed dark souls 2's "it was all a dream" plot from its intro and used it more subtly in the new game. waking filianore is just expelling you from this unnatural alternate world.

You'll probably enjoy it more tbqh

Rate my fashion /dsg/.

Bonus Yuria because she's the best girl.

kinda
I'd advise you to at least play 1
2 gets referenced but it's not anything which would affect your understanding of the game, aside from understanding why one guy in the DLC has amnesia, because people from DS2 get that.

yeah

I'm a cleric with no intel.
I'm no coward, and I've a steady hand, but those things make my skin crawl.

No.

You must play every other soulsborne made, read all the concept art books and watch berzerk together with miyazaki.

*Cough*

someone start a fc please and thank you preferably US

ok

vilhelm's chest doesn't really fit with all the rest of it, tho. it's too fancy, the rest of it looks all tatty

Anyone up for some belltower gargoyles in das 1?
I need just one summon so I can join sunbro covenant and start throwing spears at shit

or maybe the story is being told from after the point which it happened? Since that would make sense, you know?

shit lightning at them. should be real easy

Man, Shira sounds like such a prime British whore.
Whose voice do you want to have sex with the most, /dsg/?

Are any of the rapiers in this game good? I've never used one before, i know the estoc used to be OP in DS1. I was fucking around equipping weapons and seeing their move sets and god damn, the Crow Quills seem like such a fun weapon to use. I know it's crit damage is getting nerfed next patch but is it a decent weapon?

If any of them are pretty decent, how would you build them?

Looking to make a pyro for midgame pvp and coop, around sl50
Will a 20/20 int/fai spread deal decent damage
Using all the fire boosting rings of course

Priscila and Vilhelm.

What kind of weapon goes well with greatshields?

Please do not think lewd things about my OC.

I used to use pic related but it felt a little too clean for a Dark Lord Pyro. Plus the bare feet have grown on me.

anything quick that can be used well with one hand
i.e. straightswords

some weapons like rapiers can poke from behind shield, but your stability goes to shit when you try it and your stamina will get drained if you block pretty much anything in the process

explain the pilgrims and the fact you literally end up there when you diddle the sleeping princess.

the pilgrims literally exist across vast stretches of time, all dressed up and ready for an ashen wasteland desert from the introduction

it's obvious if you understood dark souls 2's intro that the londor pilgrims are doing exactly what the bearer of the curse did, travelling to the ruins to go back in time.

cornyx's chest?
ringed knight chest?
court sorceror chest?

use them with a crossbow like the avelyn in the left hand and tap people who roll towards you

estoc has the most reach; quills have more efficient scaling and a better crit modifier plus an arguably more diverse moveset, but are notably shorter

polearms are better

What does that have to do with anything? The pilgrim you meet is the narrator from the start of the game, VA and all. The whole game is being told by someone who's at the end of it, that's why the ending is in the opening sequence. It isn't because the end was there at the start the whole time, you just hop into the future in the DLC because time is expected to have passed, hence why Lapp can be in the DLC while Patches is in firelink.

assuming i have 60 faith should i use lightning stake or sunlight spear

(from last thread)
>do your respec stuff
>accept changes, but don't leave menu for talking to Rosaria
>alt-F4
>log back in
>get message about logging out properly
>keep tongue
>keep respec number
>keep changes made

just grab it and run

wear a ring of sacrifice if you really don't want to worry about anything

if 27 vig is a meme

and 50 vig is a meme

what vig should i possess?

Is there a better dagger than Corvian Greatknife if I want a pocket weapon with fast attack good reach and a unparryable WA?

>The pilgrim you meet is the narrator from the start of the game, VA and all.
Are you deaf? The narrator is clearly an Asian lady, and the pilgrim is clearly Welsh. Not to mention their voices are completely different.

unkindler.github.io/caps/
most people will tell you not to pass 39 or 44 or something, generally I'd just say that 36 is the lowest you want to be.

whatever you say, user

Cornyx's neck... thing clips into the hat, Ringed Knight is 2edgy4me, and Court Sorc has too much white in it for my taste.

I tried on the Worker's chest, though, and it actually looks pretty good I think.

What's a good VIT for good roll speed at SL 110-120 assuming you don't want to wear toilet paper for armor?

>imdb.com/name/nm0510586/
>Dark Souls III (Video Game)
>Narrator (voice)

Now go listen to the stone-humped hag. She's fucking Welsh.

at 10 vit with favor +3 you get exactly 43.2 units of weight to midroll with, you won't find another number that breaks out to an even tenth until you go a lot higher.

>no credit for the stone humped hag
maybe because they didn't want to list the same woman twice, user?

Shit I didn't even know RoFaP was in this game. I'm using Havel's but I think I overdumped into VIT because I wanted to wear Horace's set. Thanks.

Figured you guys would get a kick out of this.

oh damn, that's pretty good, especially with the bone necklace

DS2 had the BEST armour sets ever. Especially for some autistic Fashion Souls player like me.

this whole image is lore rich

Or maybe the voice actor list just hasn't been updated for the DLC. Don't be fucking obtuse.

I liked the designs, but the game itself looked bad for me. Though it's not like DS3's lamo exposed necks are much of an improvement.

Dumping my Fashun.
Dump Fashuns, pls evry1

aesthetically the whole game was a clash and it looked terrible

ds3 and bloodborne did it the best with keeping things thematic and nothing really looks out of place, even slut wear

My casters go to 27 (1000 HP without an ember) and my other characters do 39 (1200 HP without an ember). 50 vig is 1300 HP, no ember. And an extra 11 points I feel can be better used in other things.

It lists everyone else, though.

I'm obtuse? I'm not the one pulling time travel out my bum to explain things which weren't hard to understand in the first place. Have you seriously never read a book or movie which starts off explaining the end, without using time travel?

If you like dressing in cartoons.

Just finished throwing Dark Fire Orbs at Dancer.

Should I pop over to Ashes of Ariandel? I need a good weapon to use as an INT/FTH character and I can do Chaos / Dark infusions now, so I was wondering if there was any good Pyro or Sorc stuff to pick up from Ashes. Haven't done either DLC.

Ds2 had so many conflicting shades of white and grey, it was annoying in that sense. Great sets though

Anyone?

I'm not the guy you were arguing with in the first place, I was just annoyed at the claim that Pik-Sen Lim somehow acquired a native Welsh accent and completely changed her voice and delivery for a few lines of dialogue.

All of the armor sets look like shit in DS3. Everything is torn up and ratty. Like, we get it. Shit's dark. Now how about some swag fucking armor instead of showing off my raggedy cape and gayass neck line.

Is this list accurate, need autists to confirm

I just fought a host who used Seed and Hidden Body himself throughout the entire zone. Now I understand why they're nerfing it.

Ashes has the Pyromancer's Parting Flame, objectively the most fashionable of pyromancy flames

onyx blade in ashes, full stop

If you kill Dancer early and break into Lothric Castle, will that break any questlines? Like, will Greirat ask to kill himself before he has a chance to go to Irithyll?

No.

How do I counter low sl dark hand twinks. It does so much damage.

outdated, and it wasn't 100% accurate even when it wasn't old

You've got a point. I'm not in favor of 2's armor much myself, however.

Buy your own dark hand as soon as you get to the Undead Settlement and brawl.

Sounds edgy and cool, I'll have to find it I guess.

Fashion is true endgame, so I'll have to grab it.

Guess it's time to pop back to the Cathedral of the Deep.

So are there any 'up to date' tier lists then?

Summon friends, seed, wear your WoB covenant, stay by the bonfire, chug chug chug.

Onyx Blade is terrific for Pyros and Hexers. Also has Floating Chaos, which is a decent spell to force rolls in PvP.

Otherwise no. The better Pyro stuff is in Ringed City.

you can't miss it, it's gotten from a required npc fight

No because all the tryhards don't play this game anymore.

if you want our opinions about a weapon you can just ask. even if your question is just "what's meta right now"

No, das3 is very generous with quest lines. The only one you might fuck up is getting the whole yuria ordeal if you kill edgewatchers.

Spent the entire night invading people in the middle of Friede, Demon Prince, Spears, and other bosses.

Nothing quite like the moment when scrub hosts realize they can't escape you as you walk through the boss fog.

Tonight, was great.

>floating chaos
Is that the one spell that those fucking Ghru faggots in Smouldering Lake use?

Also, I looked a little bit at the Ringed City stuff and I don't wanna walk in there with my shitty +6 beatin' stick right now. I'm rather shit at the game and haven't played in a long time.

Onyx blade or the flame, or both?

Why is Lloyd's Sword Ring too good to not wear? I wouldn't object if it didn't give me that ugly particle effect.
>embers emanating from your character
>fiery glow on the model
>sword ring particle effect enveloping your chest
Looks so bad.

There's this one but even this will be changed greatly by next patch probably and Bident should be higher

Is 80 a good level to hang out in non meta end game blokes? I want to help people with late bosses and invade late areas

Blues are almost never twinks and die in a few hits while dealing no real damage to twink invaders.

is pvp still active on ds1 for 360 pls respond

My Golden Paladin.

Onyx Blade.
The flame is behind an illusory wall and down a bunch of roots sticking out the side of a cliff.

Treat them the same way you treat enemies as an invader; it's just a useful distraction so you can land a kill on your opponent.

Yeah, Floating Chaos is the big floating fireball they summon that snipes at you. The player version only fires 3 shots and vanishes, but they hurt like shit with 40/40 int/faith so people are forced to block them or spam roll.

It's somewhat useful in PvE as well.

Wait is that shopped?

But it gives them free estus

So what do you guys think of Iron Mace?

Is it worth using over Exiled Greatsword?

Doing a STR build, would like to eventually use greatshields.