Best university degrees?

So I'm 21. And it hit me I should really start working towards a fucking degree.

I don't know what I want to work towards though...

Which degrees are best in your opinion?

Degrees aren't important. College is a scam. Learn a trade.

economics together with law at St. Gallen university

think of what you actually want to do with your life . does base a major choice on its future outlook or how much money you will make. life will take you places you never knew you could go, and your gona want to be doing something you at least dont hate.

and if you want to be "rich" realize ahead of time you will never make it working for someone else. be wise with your money. save save save

I was considering learning a trade instead.

But my friends in college were all like "trades are shit, go to college etc; why would you do a trade"

But I think they're biased as fuck. They never had to work a day in their life, only study, and are financed by their parents atm, so they dont know shit about job searching and/or how to sell themselves to a future employer, and dont believe you can have a good job without a college. To them you're a loser without college.

So I don't know, I'm conflicted.

>friends in college

that's because they're in college.

i'm doing a B.S in comp sci, but you should weigh your options. if you dont have to go into debt, then dont.

fuck your friends. do your own research

also fuck anime

Sorry for the picture I dont even watch anime, because most of it is cringe, I just used the first random picture I found on my pc because I was in a hurry

You're right. Fuck them

Don't go to college, not worth it

Fuck you

Buy kneepads
Visit a truck rest stop
Learn your trade

Here is the thing:
If you get a trade, realizing that you can study part time is hard to realize
If you want to.... become a cool dude

If you try to just become a cool dude via a degree in something, you most likely loose ground contact because Uni's is weird, but fun.

I have no idea what you're trying to say

Go to bed.

>he wants a degree
>its like he wants to be a cuckslave for the rest of his life

B.S. in eating pussy

MIS is pretty good.

Near 100% placement, not that hard, and avg starting salary of around 55k.

Economics/Finance + MIS/CS

Firms are going apeshit with data science right now.

If you're getting a degree for money, in demand tech fields like Computer Science are your best bet.

Get a B.S., not a B.A., employers like it marginally better.

You'll make the money back pretty quickly.

Not OP but now I'm starting to think about trade work instead of college. What is my best bet for trade work?

Do Econ. People think I am some kind of genius because I have an Econ degree. Really I just know a lot of vacabulary and can read graphs.

Accounting --> CPA

I also have an Econ (BS) degree, and it is lowkey the easiest "Respectable" degree you can get.

Just learn SQL, Tableau, R, SAS etc. on the side too.

econ or finance degree? Which can/will land u a $75,000-100,000 job right out of college?

Neither will do that unless you live on the coasts.

What about Atlanta? Also, I thought being a financial advisor makes u about $75k entry level

I do analytical work for several bank branches in my area. They bring me in to talk about potential upsides and down sides of decisions just because I, "know the economy". These are all 50+ year olds who think economics is difficult. And exactly, I wasn't finance or accounting but I enjoy my job compared to my buddies continuously battling other finance or accounting guys. Econ is still a respected major while allowing you to breathe at college.

Probably not. You're looking at 40-65K starting.

And what you make as an advisor is entirely what you can do as a salesperson. That job is 80% sales, and 20% advising. I almost did that song and dance, and know people who have. Unless you are a naturally extroverted person don't even think about it.

It's also getting pretty saturated, and roboadvisors are quickly eating up the scraps people typically start with. Go into data science like I did.

If you're book smart, do engy. 70k starting with the potential to earn over 150k with some experience. Work is also interesting imo. The degree is hard though.

Your friends are fucking broke. You wanna be broke? Because that's all college delivers you. A broke pizza. And a little lambskin paper that says "hey, I studied this subject at a collegiate level".

Learn a fucking trade or just work a regular ass job.

Can you fucking speak English?

More like eating dick

second this. Even if you choose an Engy degree you can still jump ship fairly smoothly into finance/medicine after graduation.

An apprenticeship

See, I've got ASD and really like doing tax type shit but it gets monotonous. Is econ THAT fucking easy though?

I studied some business and finance back in the day and a little bit of real estate too so I'm not a complete idiot but before I'd jump head first into a degree, is econ good for someone with a disorder like mine?

Financial advising is boring as all fuck.

Sure, if you like hanging out with other virgin males.

Hey, it pays well and the field is interesting.

Not denying that but it's become a stigmatized field.

STEM, finance, and management

Only thing about stem stay away from majoring in shit like biology or chemistry, there are >no jobs

Management degrees get you no where though.

college is not worth it unless you are good looking, if you arent you will be surrounded by stacies that you can't fuck and chads amoging you

so instead just kill yourself wagecucking in a trade, at least you arent killing yourself in college surrounded by top pussy you can never touch

or just kill yourself right now. life is a scam if you are not good looking. the only way to cope would be being born rich and coping with hobbies, or having a 0 effort job like playing videogames in your pajamas on jewtube or twitch etc.

Best trade? I was thinking plumbing or HVAC-R

i think im done with this website.

the way you phrased your question makes me want to vomit my fish salad.

I can still get a high-paying job out of college, to the tune of 6 figs and up. Something that is off-limits to the uneducated and most trades.

0/10 bait
Try harder next time

What the fuck are you trying to say

>All these buttmad retards that graduated with a 2.0 GPA and can't find a job because they played video games all day instead of studying

It really depends what your goals are op. University is not a bad choice if you want to get into finance, engineering, law, science or medicine.

too late

This. The only people who rag on college are the ones who think college is all about art degrees, and those who weren't smart and hard working enough to actually get into/make use of college.

Have something pertaining to finance. R8 my plan

>go to target uni and network/get good grades
>go into IB for long enough to claim bonuses and get experience
>find job as analyst in HF
>work my way up to portfolio manager
>make 400k/yr on a bad year

Is this a sound plan?

I was actually considering that. Did you go there?

Im curious about other peoples opinions on how long do you think this data science fad will last?

>fad
Sure, we are at peak data right now

Even if it is a fad, you can have an econ/finance degree and not know anything about programming. Or you can know about programming, which always looks nicer, and is a plan B in itself.

is engy the most versatile, or is finance also versatile? how can an engineer transition into finance? how can i make a lot of MONEY and have a SOCIAL LIFE in college?

make back up plans in case something goes wrong. plan it where you cant lose because every thing is already planned before hand. you can get to your goal inevitably