pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Previously on /twg/:

>193( ONE HUNDRED NINETY THREE) days since September 30th, 2017
>AE STILL ISN'T RELEASED

G O B L I N S

Reminder: there are no Wood Elves in the Southlands

ur a faget

If the last DLC is another fucking VC I will feel like they got some high up at CA playing favorites.

>tfw the upper echelon of CA are actually vampires
>This is why blood is so special it has its own dlc
>Its also why they want to suck is dry of our shekels

Depends entirely on the source and Chapter the Marine is from.

Some sources say Space Marines are virtually automaton that only know how to fight and breathe. Those wouldn't be able to lead much.

Others have the entire Chapter's strategic knowledge implanted into their brains. Those would be able to lead as well. But there's the issue of them even wanting to, considering the heresy of not worshiping the Emperor.

A bigger issue is that it's very hard to actually get anything done in Fantasy without some sort of divine guidance, and a Space Marine would sooner kill himself than abandon the Emperor.

Good thing none of them know the emperor's name and it's a good thing that the Empire's god was an emperor as well who conveniently dipped out instead of dying.

YES, GENERAL!!!!
MOVING NOW!!!!!!!

Yes, General-chan, my hips are moving on their own!

post your tw waifu

>40k Emperor does not have a name
>Fantasy Emperor's name is Sigmar
>there have actually been a ton of other Emperors, not even of his blood
>either they are heretical imitators daring to take the place of the actual Immortal Emperor who still guides all of humanity despite his distance, or they are all heretics imitating the glory of the Immortal Emperor on his Golden Throne when they are all mere mortals who lived as men (whereas the Emperor is and always has been a god according to the Imperial Cult)

40k is a dumb grimdark setting that doesn't play well with others. That's pretty much the end of it.

Even if you stretched and argued and managed to get a Space Marine that cared enough to try and form a kingdom, the doctrine would pretty much be 'purge all others.' The elves all look like Eldar, the Dwarves are abhumans who don't accept the Emperor's will, the various human nations are all fighting among each other and still don't accept the true Emperor...

Rock the... boat?

V A M P I R E - C H A N

CA really needs to add model importing functionality to their mod tools so I don't have to look at abominations like this anymore.

He'd probably get wrekt by griffon/hippogriff riders instead then, but I have a certain distaste for how dark 40k gets before finding some levity.

EXPLAIN

It's one of Skarsnik's plots, surely

So this is the power of autism... Woah.

Copycat killer

>"Just act like em' ya gits, they wont even notice"
Cunning gobbos

Keep them, name them, keep us posted on them and love and cherish them dearly.

HOO
HAA
HOO
HAA

G L A D E L A D Y

It really only gets funny if you stop taking it seriously and have fun with what could happen once any joke stops getting stymied by 'Space Marine kill Eldar! Eldar heresy!', or you just build off of what's already there to create a dry but not unfunny series of jokes.

These days it's all just metahumor and ranting about how shit everything is, and I'm a salty butthurt faggot who hates it and just wants to focus on a dead setting that can't hurt me anymore.

They're probably running around with fur and horns strapped to them while yelling incoherently, as usual.

>that face

Dont pout ugly duckling.

>bought a new system
>i7-7700k and a gtx 1080@1800mhz
>start playing attila to test
>still the same shit fps

Thank you CA

>I've been wearin a bestigor head for a helmet for 20 minutes and nobody noticed yet boss.

You are not welcome in my court, yet here you are. Friend, or foe, we shall see...

no space marines aren't automatons. They are very highly disciplined but skitarii already do the role of automatons.

Even without the machinebits the Skitarii are zealous as fuck

>Implying it's a pout

are space marines so mentally incoherent that he wouldn't be able to reason that he is on a planet that hasnt been discovered by the imperium thus no one knows about said emperor, and go from there?

They full on being controlled by tech priests senpai. They're as close as robots you get in the imperium, anything more is tech heresy.

Depends on the chapter

They are only controlled sometimes.

apparently space marines are retarded murder hobos according to him.

No, Space Marines are not retarded; they are the fantasy equivalent of very zealous nobles albeit with superhuman abilities and equipment. If the novels are anything to go by they're not even above fucking around and browsing marketplaces, albeit disguised.

Space marines don't worship God Emperor, they think of him as exceptional human but not god. Also if its ultramarine he would accept elves pretty well.

are you playing on a 4k monitor?

who would win

stormweenies or chosen fuccbois?

>stormweenies
>chosen fuccbois
What?

stormvermin or chosen

??? whats not to get

Still wouldn't abide heresy.

And recent canon aside, Eldar are still xenos, and it'd be pretty obvious that the elves aren't the same as any Eldar they've seen before - therefore, not like friendly ones.

I wans't entirely sure if you were talking about stormvermin or neo-nazis.

NOTHING BEAST CHOSEN

>-108 growth
>province still upgrades

Thanks for the worthless agent actions CA!

*BEATS ffs baka senpai

Chosen

stormvermin are about as competent a fighter as your average human soldier desu

agents in tww are a lost cause, just get the mod that turns them off.

He's probably deployed in a Slaaneshi camp.

>chaos agents flooding over my territories like a tide of roaches
>get some witch hunters to start roaming around
>success chance: 15%
>chance your hero will be fucking annihilated and used as an onahole by the chaos agent upon failure: 85%
At least I got some decent heroes to embed in my army, right?

>I hate space marines because they're autistic one-minded faggots
>and anyone who disagrees with my autistic one-minded view of what a space marine is WRONG

True pottery. Space Marines come in all flavors of retard, ranging from "kill the xeno/heretic at ANY cost" to "the codex does not support to action" to "hol up let's think about this for a second." Many, if not most, would probably shrug at the setting and go on a hate-boner crusade against something and piss off everyone in the process. Others though would be more than fine handling the situation with more finesse to maximize their purging. At the end of the day, there's still chaos and greenskins to kill and humans to protect.

So long as the space marine in question holds at least one of those values over "kill everyone else in the process" and "never work with anyone, ever" they can function just fine. Ironically, the faction they would have trouble working with is Bretonnia considering they're too fucking big to ride a horse and would never deign to respect ze lady, which is going to cause a lot of chafing.

When a Grail Knight falls and his pilgrims rush over to gather his belongings and find out there's cock ring, chastity, anal plug, beads chain with the Lady's marking and enough supply of lube for a week

The peasants wouldn't know what any of that this is and end up latching it to the grail reliquary as part of their lord's honored treasures.

1. Norscan settlements have ridiculous growth bonuses.
2. AI gets growth bonuses on higher difficulties.
3. -100 isn't that big in the long run anyways.

Shit, i already forgot about this. Have they made ANY progress since?

Who here /goodgoy/?

I'm only missing Wood Elves, my micro skills are too poor and I fear it'd be wasted money.

If it doesn't massively buff your own province, ignore it.
If it doesn't help you immediately kill other agents, ignore it.

It is best to train one or two dedicated assassins and put everyone else into your armies to murderize enemy troops in battle.

I know what you mean. I picked them up after winning some money on a scratcher, and I feared I'd be in over my head with the bigger armies.

If you do pick them up I advise pausefagging a little to get used to the required movements and how fast your units are and such.

They're really fun, and that's from someone who is better at strategy than micro-tactics.

Right here. This game has become such a cash-sink.

>refresh moddb page one last time of Call of Warhammer BotET in hopes 1.5 got released
>Guest in the comments says "nothing for april, maybe next month..."
>reply to him "what do you mean nothing in april, I seriously hope it will release this month"
>go to bed
>next morning both comments have disappeared
Hmmmm...
Also I'm out of idea for memes too

Me!

Not even ashamed of it!

Which is retarded. There are no people there to grow. So Varg and Skaeling are more dangerous than fucking chaos because it's impossible to get rid of them due to attrition in the north. By the time your army gets to the very north, they will have 10 more stacks.

By the end game I had witch-hunters with 100% assassination chance before exhaustion. Too bad that doesn't stop Warherds of chaso from running me through the entire fucking northern wastes chasing their stack.

>Too bad that doesn't stop Warherds of chaso from running me through the entire fucking northern wastes chasing their stack.
Since you have to REMOVE NORSCA anyway, who cares.

What are your top three mods in order of importance guys?

>Steel Faith Overhaul
Much better balances, balancing the AI and the troops around their lore-strengths

>Grand Campaign Custom Maps
Everything feels cooler when you're fighting on more unique looking and feeling maps.

>Animated Combat Mod
A bit of a CPU hog, but battles look so much cooler when it actually looks like your units are fighting more often than not. It's purely cosmetic too, which doesn't fuck with balance.

Nah, I got tired after 15-20 turns of chasing the warherds and said fuck it and left all my armies in every province in the north.

So what mods are good that make for a better campaign? Not necessarily an overhaul, just a more fun campaign. Next one is gonna be the Dawi.

8 or 10 slot capitals belongs up there.

Today better be a fucking day!

>8 or 10! slot capital
What are you a fucking casual? Capitals have 5 tiers and 5 slots. Minor provinces have 3 tiers and 3 slots. The only reason why the rank 4 minor province mod is acceptable is if the player doesn't use it, and lets the AI get over its retarded recruitment habits from not having buildings.

oh fuck i cheaped out and got a 1060, does this mean mean im fucked bros? whats the most important piece of gear for a total war game, anyways?

Attila performance will always be shit, try again in 10 years or so

I agree. Imagine if today wasn't a day. Where and when the fuck would I be then?

Are you pretending to be retarded or actually bad?

The mod only helps the fucking AI because the player simply doesn't need it.
You are able to make a recruitment province or an economic province anyway, but the AI will regularly shit the bed and make a province that can only shit out basic spearmen or some other useless shit that will turn the campaign into sheer idiocy at turn 65 or so.

>very hard

kek

What's the appeal of these games?

>using mods the AI can't use or understand

That's called cheating, casual. Step up.

>using a cheese army
What did you expect?
Try using TT rules and limit your stronger units then very hard will actually be challenging

that people like you aren't playing them
I have no idea, I just like playing them

But the whole point of the mod is that the AI uses it, and that it counters the inability of the AI to manage the building slots.

How would you arrive at the idea that the AI can't use it?

Controlling huge armies, forging empires while making strategic building choices, crushing tons of really varied units in battles that feel like LoTR on crack.

All set in a massive world where everyone has their own agenda filled with more backstory and lore than you could read in a decade.

No, you don't understand. The mod is poorly scripted. I experimented with it and what the AI builds in it's newly-opened slots is literally random. Meaning that if their economy is suffering, and they start replacing existing building with economy-buildings, they won't make the same decision for the new slots.

The AI isn't programmed to "know" what to do with the slot so it usually just fills it with what's not been built yet. Regardless of the what the circumstance actually calls for.

>yfw they have wronged us

Yes.

Ten slots means the AI can just build fucking everything, and gets provinces that are able to recruit troops.

So this was odd

For the first time iv ever seen the AI kept reserves to counter my reserves. Those units in the back wouldnt commit unless the front row broke, or if I pushed the sides they would counter with their own.

Now why the fuck cant the AI do that in all its battles

fantasy fags are just extremely bitter because AoS is basically spacemarines, so they are taking this extremely autistic view, there are plenty of reasonable space marines and depending on their rank they could actually handle the situation very well

sure most would probably run into the warp to purge demons and die after leaving an extremely long trail of bodies, but plenty would be able to approach the situation with more subtlety and care

I don't have beasties and only got stuff like king and warlord, and grim and the grave when it went on a sale

elves are so incredibly op that you will be fine, they are very fun too

actually it mostly just helps the AI, because for the player there really isn't anything that valuable to build for 10 slots, well with the exception of manlets I guess, 10 slots is good because ever since I installed it I actually see stacks that have more than just the basic troops in them

thats nothing, play as chaos, get a stack of 19 gorebeast chariots and laugh as you roll over everything

>$4000 army vs $2000 army
wew

>>using mods the AI can't use or understand
>That's called cheating, casual. Step up.
It doesnt change the AI at all

By default the AI cant build top tier units in most cases because it doesnt know how to combine two structures together, the 10 build slot on a capital solves that really well.

>spreading the Love and Glory of Allah to the barbaric pale brutes

Doing His work user.

no user, you dont understand, the AI always makes random building choices and when it has only 5 slots the chances that it will build a foundry AND barracks AND a gunsmith required to have handgunners is practically zero

but when it has 10 slots there is some probability that it will actually managed to get the various buildings required for its higher tier units

I experience that quite often, actually. Maybe you've just gotten unlucky or the AI just has a very specific set of criteria required to perform that strategy.

That being said, I'd really like to see some "smarter AI" mods for this game.

Something that would broaden it's tactical knowglede, at least in combat. The campaign map AI seems competent enough.

I genuinely didn't think of that. I apologize for my ignorance.

>apologizing on 4chins