15k Sports Coupes:

15k Sports Coupes:

This thread has been made hundreads of times but we have never reached a solid answer.

Have 15k:
>Want Coupe
>RWD or AWD
>Prefer 10 years old or newer
>0-60 Backseat prefered but will consider 2+2 cars like 370z
>No toyobaru, slow and gay
>comfy but most modern cars are comfy anyways.

Looking at N54 335i and 135i and early 370z's and even been giving the 2010 Camaro SS and S197 4.6 Mustang a look.

What do you recommend?

2005-2006 Pontiac GTO

135is are 15k now?

Yeah. If you can get over their odd looks its a steal. Does 0-60 in 4.8 and its takes tunes like a champ

I like these but im only 20.

A 20 yr old with a 6.2L V8 coupe is gonna be highway robbery rates on insurance

If it's the same power plant as the 235i, that's a steal. Buy that, OP

6 liters

ecoboost or v6 2015 mustang?

Just buy a $5000 350z and put a turbo/supercharger on it.

A 370z is a 2 seater

If you wanted the same thing but with 4 seats buy an Infiniti G35 and do the same thing.
Should cost about the same and is basically the same car.

5.0 Mustang

V6 since its cheaper, more reliable and you get 2 more cylinders. The ecoboost is only marginally faster than the V6 and is constantly stressed due to high boost pressure all the time.

Z4 Coupe.

>Want Coupe
It's even called Coupe.
>RWD or AWD
RWD.
>Prefer 10 years old or newer
10 years old and still looking good.
>0-60 No toyobaru, slow and gay
Check.
>comfy but most modern cars are comfy anyways.
One should suffer for good cornering and nice stance.

>buying overpriced soapbars that break down every 300 miles

>Z4M Coupe
>15k USD

Put 15k down on a 15+ Mustang gt or less down on a g37/qxx if you have a decent job and credit.

>Z4 Coupe
>15k
try double that

>buying a bmw out of warranty
Stupid benchracer, just buy a toyobaru

>Even considering buying a """""sports car"""""" that is slower than many econobxes.

No thanks. Would Veeky Forums fault me for this:
>300+ HP
>0-60 under 5.5 secs
>reliable
>comfy

I know it isn't the fast one, but its fast enough desu and its a new car practically.

>370z
>2+2
lad

You can fit some people in the cubbies
:3

>buying used cars is bench racing
spotted the cuck.

You can get a used G37S Coupe for 15k out the door with under 60k miles.

I can vouch for this I have a g37s and absolutely love it.

>2 doors
cuck

Nice rebadged Nissans

Check out Sherlock over here. Did you just figure out that Lexus is Toyota, too?

There is just something I dont like about this. Idk it seems like a very boring car to me for some reason.

Sure it has the 370z engine and its nice inside and out but it seems so mundane. Borrowing a line from furfag reviews the only people I really see driving these are secretaries, whiggers and gym bros. Like, it has such an odd market it has to hit. Its a good car but it doesnt do anything great. Maybe I just dont like the exterior, it looks way to anonymous for me I guess like a 2 door altima.

Its basically a modern day skyline minus the GTR badge but there is just something about em that bores me to death everytime I look at one.

>basically a modern day skyline
Outside the US it's *literally* a modern day skyline

These were marketed in the UK as the R35 skyline.

For a while they were cheap as shit as they were tragic looking and literally had no market, anyone who knew what a skyline was wouldnt buy one and the rest of the country just wants financed Golf R's

My wife drives a 135i, badged over here as an M135i (to the dismay of fat balding E46 M3 owners).

It's quick and handles well but you feel really disconnected from it. Every time i drive it i forget i'm in a fast car until i lean too hard on the fun pedal and it takes off.

Her's is an auto, she does kajillions of miles a year for work so it suits her however this probably adds to the disconnected feeling.

She has the hatch, but before it she had a mk1 1 series coupe (123d) and we've had 4 people in it comfortably for a 5 hour road trip before.

Worth a look, but get an extended test drive first imo.

Also, fucking check em

They are kinda growing on me know after I think about it and saw the prices.

Is there any sort of aftermarket behind these, I would like to give it some more umph. From the youtube pulls they look at little weak. IOt says 0-60 in 5.3 but in real world they look much slower.

Thanks

Check out a CLK550. I also looked at 335is and G37s and ended up getting one of these.

2008 Bullitt Mustang

>135i that isn't under 100k
>manual transmission
>$15k

I don't know if marketing materials said it was an R35, but technically speaking, it's a V35, though we're upto V37 now.

>Buying a 10+ yr old MB V8 out of warranty
lol no
4.6 V8 is irrelevant unless you want a 5K SN95.

You were not kidding, why the fuck are these so dirt cheap, I know they are pigfat but for everyday driving it gives good umph.

Tons of aftermarket. Shares 90% of its aftermarket with the 370z

You can essentially rebuild the suspension, upper half of the engine, entire exhaust system, and half the body with performance parts.

No idea. They have a stout drivetrain, good power, mega comfy with adjustable bolstering and lumbar, great styling. I thing it's just a luxury car thing.

It's a signficiantly better power plant than the 235i

Though why anyone would get a 135 over a 335 for a purpose that isnt 100%, and I mean 100%, track use....is beyond me

OP get a 2004 GTO. Mine was 100$ less a month on insurance than the 2005 i was going to get, and cheaper than the 335 i got later.

Is the 7auto tranny decent? the manuals are very rare and overpriced.

09-10 started out a little retarded. It was a little too aggressive, it was great for aggressive driving but in chill driving or traffic it hunts for gears a bit. There was a TSB in 2010 for a TCM software update that smoothed it out really well.

Overall its pretty good. It doesn't fuck around with a tune though. EcuTek Tunes generally increase line pressure which make for faster response and shifts

Get a manual faggot. Drive until you find one.

>being this much of a benchracing poser

personally looking at the 335s, i know they are shit for maitanance but i just like em, and if you can do it yourself its not so bad

Meets every requirement he posted and well within OP's price range. I don't see what the problem with the motor is...315 hp/320 tq is plenty

iirc it makes 330hp/269lbft and its the VQ37 which is the same motor as the 370z. The only downside is its pigfat but its comfy and fast enough at 5.4 secs to 60. And a bullet proof engine, cant complain.

Wait for the new supra and put down your 15 plus whatever you cab save for like a year

>buying a rebadged bmw

Forgot to tell people its not cash, it was just my budget.

Nah, my area they're 7-11k. Regardless, get the n52 one instead