Veeky Forums I have a proposition

Veeky Forums I have a proposition.

There are plenty of car events in my area throughout the year, which almost always translates to boomers jerking off each other over their 40+ year old muscle cars. I've been to these events and I can tell you for a fact that if it wasn't made in the USA and doesn't have a V8 they shit on it. They are extremely touchy on the topic of imports. As such, I believe they can be an excellent source of butt hurt.

My idea is this:
>purchase old muscle car that is really popular amongst boomers, preferably a shell with no motor or transmission
>restore the body, remove any dents, rust, etc
>then paint it some obnoxious ricer color
>slap random ricer stickers under the hood, the back windshield, etc
>add an obnoxiously large rice wing
>shiny chrome rice rims
>stance it to being nearly undrivable
>blacked out tail lights
>autistic levels of window tint
>gut the interior for "weight saving"
>install racing seats
>momo steering wheel
>replace shift knob with knob from honda

And that's just the cosmetics.
Now for the mechanical aspect:
>lower it on coilovers
>convert it to FWD (if possible)
>drop a Honda K20 in it with a manual transmission
>turbo it
>add a fart can

And then take it to every event I can get into.

What does Veeky Forums think? How many triggered boomers do you think it would generate?

Other urls found in this thread:

hemmings.com/magazine/mus/2014/06/Fouranado---1968-Oldsmobile-4-4-2/3738871.html
youtube.com/watch?v=oghaMwMT7T8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So basically, you want to be a nigger

I have a proposition.
Build something you want the way you want to and attend whatever meets you want.
Building something just for the normie populace is retarded. Building something just to piss off the ormie populace is even worse.
Building something the way you want to perform the way you want is the true patrician choice.

It'll just look like every other pro street Camaro and Mustang, the only difference is you'll have ricer stickers instead of Jeg's and Castrol and Edelbrock.

>convert it to FWD (if possible)
I don't give a shit about the rest of your imaginary scenario but here's an interesting read about a front wheel drive first generation 442.
hemmings.com/magazine/mus/2014/06/Fouranado---1968-Oldsmobile-4-4-2/3738871.html

t. someone who doesn't understand the expense or time of restoring a vehicle

That's some Tokyo Drift shit you're proposing here. That RB-engined Mustang pissed off everyone.

"restore" as in minor body work (doesn't need to be perfect lol) and shitty spray can paint.

That's the point. I want to take what the boomers love and molest it.

So ruin a car because you dont like your parents?
You have to be over 18 to post here kid.

If you're serious: Itasha it

Look for that retard who tried to combine his pontiac with a prius, would have been so much easier to connect an electric motor to the existing axle but instead his too his old body and stuck it on top of a wrecked prius.

>ruin a car
>that will probably already be ruined when I buy it out of some boomers back yard after it has rusted away in a shed for 30 years

This is also another potential hilarious boomer trigger.
Convert the car over to electric, beat every single one of them in a drag because
>1500ft/lbs torque

The looks on their faces when their meticulously crafted muscle cars that they've dumped thousands of man hours into and tens of thousands of dollars gets beat by a muscle-car-to-riced-honda transvestite with a forklift motor.

You cant be this retarded?
Do you realize how much cheaper and simpler it would be to just ls swap a corvair and then beat everyone at the drags?
But to be fair you seem like the kind of guy that only changes his oil himself and then thinks he is an expert mechanic.

You think you're just triggering boomers, when really you are mostly just triggering everyone with decent taste. The amount of spite inside you is worrying. If you are going to dedicate so much energy into something, do it for something that makes you happy for the right reasons.

Probably not gonna happen. You can have all the torque in the world but it's bo good if you can't get traction, and by the time you attach your electric motor to a muscle car era diff and rear suspension setup, you'll be battling exactly the same traction issues that everyone else in your class is battling. So yeah you'll be faster than all the mildly warmed cars running mid 13s, but by the time you are competing against similarly modified vehicles (with all aluminum 500+ cube engines) you'll all be spinning your wheels half the track and the ICE powered cars will have the advantage of not having to carry heavy batteries.

Your grandfather made you suck his dick, huh?

That's why you put the batteries in the back and use drag slicks. Though I realize you will never get rid of slippage without comically wide tires, it should help.

I haven't even started yet and the boomers are already salty.

25, but ok

Please be bait

>be user
>copy Tokyo drift
>build rice car out of muscle car
>just to trigger muscle car guys
>doesn't know the relationship that it takes to be a car guy
>not a real car guy
>oil change at Walmart
>can't even check oil on mom's car, doesn't know how
>mfw this post

>retard wants to essentially spend money on a shitpost on wheels
Is this why the market crashed in 2008

Everyone knows how to change their oil dumbass. I rebuilt the motor in my daily. Following diagrams and specs isn't hard.

It's just a proposal, but considering I've already got a few bites just from the concept alone gives me hope.

The firey hate would be fucking beautiful. Don't do it to something rare though.

Did you or a garage/shop replace your engine?
>shit tier Honda civic
>put $5k get 200hp to front wheels max

>the boomers

youtube.com/watch?v=oghaMwMT7T8
You're far from the first to do shit like this.
I mean honestly you'll get praise from everyone that doesn't put radial T/As on their car for the effort it would take to ruin it

I've contemplated the idea of buying a wrecked C4 or C5, completely restoring the body/chassis, then swapping a 2JZ or a rotary into it as sort of a 'reverse LS swap' sort of thing for teh lulz. Only issue is I don't have the money/time to invest in a project like that.

I doubt I'd find anything rare. And even then I'm not that cruel.

Whom are you quoting user?
Assuming it's me , no, I pulled the engine out of my own car, ordered all the replacement parts, and rebuilt it. The only work that wasn't done by me was the machine work done by the shop. Has been going strong for 30k miles.

BoostedBoiz on YouTube.
700HP Civic
If you doubt the figure, he has many videos of it on a dyno.

He even details what he did to his Civic to get that kind out power out of the engine in one video. Most of it being Ching chong eBay parts.
Also, keep in mind a Civic weighs around 2500lbs stock, whereas a "light" muscle car is around 3500 so a modified Honda can have much less HP but still outrun many muscle cars due to the weight difference.

Also, forgot to mention, the other issue is it would be slow without modification to the powertrain.

So what you are saying is you'll use the same tyres that the cars you are competing against are using (omg great thinking) and you'll put all the extra weight you are forced to carry over your rear axle to improve traction. If it was that easy, there's every chance that every other car racing in your class has 2 bags of cement in the trunk too. Like I said, you are are all probably using the same tyres with similar rear suspension setup. Your "zomg instant torque electric motor" is competing against ICEs that also produce a fuck load of torque and have a massive power band, but they don't have the added weight penalty of having to carry heavy batteries. And they can keep racing all day. So they can fine tune their launches. You are limited by your batteries capacity and charging times

700hp is a peak hours figure. It doesn't take into account power band or torque. Don't be surprised if your 700hp civic gets smoked by 550hp v8s because they are in their power band all day whereas the civic needs to be revved the fuck out and at full boost to get close to it and everywhere else they are just average

So you want to only *pretend* to be retarded, OP?

i'm more triggered that they had to destroy a skyline or somethin to put the engine in that car. Imagine buying a skyline then a few years later the engine is put into a mustang.

>it is literally impossible to pull the engine from a wrecked car

Goddamnit Jacob, we already talked about this.

You're forgetting that the electric motors weigh a fuck ton less than the monster V8s they'll be running which also have the added weight of superchargers/turbochargers and so on, that and you can gut pretty much everything. The radiator, the entire exhaust system, etc. There plenty of EVs on YouTube effortlessly outrunning these V8s. And since they rev so high (some are rated for 13,000 rpms) they are usually only mated to a 2 speed gearbox or sometimes straight to the driveshaft.

BoostedBoiz has a video of an awd 1991 Civic wagon with a few mods and a turbo smoking a V8 of the same HP rating.

That was fucking hilarious tho. the salt levels were off the charts.

>rotary C4
And now I have a dream slightly more obtainable than a Falconer V12 C4

Also user you'll get the same effect by just swapping v8's between manafacturers.

>Camero SS with a Ford engine
>Shelby GT350 with a LS6
>Charger with a 1UZ

>What does Veeky Forums think?
that you're butthurt people don't care about your lowered 15 year old civic and you're autistic

>350 swap fox body

Google it, you could season an entire country's dinner for a week with all the salt that swap has caused.

I don't have a lowered civic. I've never even owned a Honda.

I'll keep these in mind as well.

i see what you mean

Not even a boomer but you'd just be triggering people with good taste. Just rice up your shitty BMW shitbox or something.

Also what you're saying would just end up pretty much looking like any muscle car in the Fast and Furious franchise after the first movie, its not a big deal.

Just trigger me and drive a shitty riced out BMW or Audi, I guarantee you, you'll have me fucking seething because that's what happens every time I see one of those things.

That's huge overkill. A better idea would be to put a 4 cylinder turbo in there and keep everything else looking stock. The key is to make it look non-ironic. If they know it's a joke, they won't get angry.

>skyline
>Engine is Toyota 2JZ
Chances are he pulled it off of some wrecked Lexus and slapped that fat turbo on it.

Gulf livery is cool, they seem to have done a good job on the build, and they know that some people won't like it
9/10 preddy rad car

No idea where you got that "light muscle car" weight. A 69 charger has a listed curb weight of like 3300 lbs

>I've been to these events and I can tell you for a fact that if it wasn't made in the USA and doesn't have a V8 they shit on it. They are extremely touchy on the topic of imports. As such, I believe they can be an excellent source of butt hurt.
So it's Veeky Forums for Boomers.

OP, why would you go and put in all that time and money to ruin a car and piss off some old people? I mean, why not just modify it to your liking and make something thats cool and fun to drive?

My current dream car is a 66 toronado which i plan to lower and add a wing to the back, (after doing a disc brake conversion... and rebuilding the engine into a 455 stroker, and painting it and a million other things)

Pic related is a photoshop, the modifications are surprisingly tasteful... i just need to figure out how to make the wing removable... i'd need a second trunk i think...

Yeah, there were a few longitudinally mounted FWD transmissions that came out in the 60s, I dont know how much work it'd be, but if the bolt pattern and other parts fit, you could possibly put a toronado transmission on another 60s oldsmobile.

>The modifcations are surprisingly tasteful

You're shitting me right? Putting a giant wing on a Tornado is the absence of taste.

It's only a more modern take on a Charger Daytona. I think it would look quite cool.

>It's only a more modern take on a Charger Daytona
>Made from an Oldsmobile
>With a giant modern rice spoiler on it

Please stop.

All old American cars are the same to me.

>modern take uses a modern spoiler
No shit.

Please tell me you're shitposting, or are you just actually retarded?

What's the issue here?

You get on OP about doing something with passion but you clearly have no passion for american cars of that era if they're all the same to you, so why? Why not get something you like and then make it better? I mean I'll admit I have my own special brand of autism driving me right now, but I just don't get it.

I'm not that guy. I just think his idea is good. You're right, I know literally nothing about American cars.

Well that does make sense, considering the best bait posts on Veeky Forums seem serious but are carefully crafted to incite anger, hatred, sadness, etc. So it would make sense if you came off as serious at one of these events to get salt.

To piss off old people.
That and this was just a theory, I doubt I'd ever actually build it.

I do plan on building something serious at some point. I'm kinda hinged on building a 2JZ with a Turbo and putting it in a late model Toyota Celica. I always felt like the Celica would have been better with RWD and a 2JZ. Theres already plenty of videos on it being done. On the other hand, Honda shit has assloads of support and endless part vendors so I'm wondering if getting an RSX or something would be worth my time considering I won't have to swap an engine. Just rebuild the stock engine with some enhancements and turbo it. No gutted interior, no cosmetics except maybe a new paint job and pulling dents and dings.

I always wonder how boomers even build these vehicles, I mean many of them are disabled or too old for heavy work. I guess they just pay a garage but where's the fun in that?

You still need to deal with the fact that batteries are heavy and they over heat when you're draining them quickly.
If you're gonna be one and done then fine, you'll smoke nearly everybody but they're gonna laugh at you as you crawl back home on limp mode.

So you are suggesting boomers are gonna be triggered by some weirdo Frankenstein car that's had muscle car panels hung on it? Do you think they also get butthurt that a commercial airliner has more net HP than their cars? or do they just move on because they realize an airliner, much like some kind of bizarro-nip-turbo-shitbox is something completely different to their car and not worth worrying about.

Nah, the rear of the toronado is pretty boring, adding the spoiler would liven it up some.

Thank you, i knew i was going to get some people shitting on it because "Muh Classic Car Purists" but its nice to see others like the idea.

Have a wallpaper i made of the photoshop.

I like it op, although boomers aren't really that hard to trigger

>didnt even try to find a spoiler from that era to put on his shit Photoshop

Come on man at least read a bit about the car and cars of that era.
How about a 69 cutlass hurst, they have a spoiler factory.

I don't think you understand that one of the biggest reasons they love their muscle cars is because of how easily and >>CHEAPLY

Why does it bother you that different people have different tastes than you?
Autism?

Shit or even use a spoiler that looks like the Hurst Cutlass'. At least it'll look somewhat at home on there.

To each their own personally I think it's a good looking ass my self.

put in a fucking volkswagen transmission from the B5 1.8T passat

You have to be 18 to post on this website