Yes, you're right RCR, the Ford Ranger was made to be disposable. But there's more to the story

Yes, you're right RCR, the Ford Ranger was made to be disposable. But there's more to the story...

Ford initially designed the ranger to be cheap to make it financially accessible to the average highschool/college student. Ford believed those students would start their careers and then later purchase an F150. But something went wrong...

The ranger was reliable. Too reliable. Rangers drove much further than Ford ever intended them to. Many of those who bought a ranger never stopped driving their rangers... and never bought and F150.

Ford's money printing F150 sales were damaged by the ranger's reliability, and so, like all good things, by 2011 the ranger had been cancelled.

Yes, the ranger was made to be disposable. Yes, it was made to be cheap. But no, it is not unreliable.

Somehow, Ford's planned obsolescence department fucked up, and I'm sure we will continue to see their fuck up on our roads long into the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_OusU5CpTN0
youtube.com/watch?v=4Iakd70yXSI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When the fuck are ford fanboys goingto realize a single cab Tacoma is literally the best small pickup truck on earth.

Colorado>ranger

I really want this truck as a first vehicle. 2011 year is the most recent design that still looks good, but it's too expensive at about 13k. I'm looking into a 1997 model. I don't know what it is about the truck that draws me to it. I guess like RCR said it's humble with no expectations.

That's a great truck.

...but toyota tax

nothing can even compete in this segment because Toyota makes a fucking bad ass whip

I prefer the ranger's more western aesthetic.

Oversized.

Truth, I rode a rusted out 95 taco out west and back, the mechanic said that it could have literally taco'd it self through rust at any point. I just told him to take the bumper off.

That being said, the Ranger came with a v6. I would have killed for more power, that little taco had heart but shit was it slow.

It's a great truck. I would recommend getting it in black (black cowboy hat>white cowboy hat), manual (i know girls that only date manual drivers), and of course single cab (because you can hot box it)

Yeah I hear that 2.5 4 is meh. It gets tragic mpg as well for something so "small"

>believing anything regular furry reviews says

The Tacoma is literally the least reliable new midsize truck you can buy right now.

Also you haven't been able to buy a single cab Tacoma since 2015.

>least reliable new midsize truck
source?

rangers are god tier trucks

Parks Department is full of rangers that keep on chugging

>dude i just the wikipedia page lmao
>dude memes lmao
that guy has genuine autism

genuine comment faggot

Nah they suck. They get shitty gas mileage, are uncomfortable to drive and ride in, and the bed is useless. They don't do anything well that a truck should do well, and really don't do anything a Toyota can't.

oh hi regular sperg reviewer!

>13k
>too expensive
just wait. 2003+ ones are much better than older ones. The lima 4-cyl is a dog but it's reliable. The mazda engine gives you a much needed power boost. V6 ones aren't worth it because they don't give you that much more capability and give you terrible mpg.

>gas mileage
could be way worse
>uncomfortable
I'm 6'2" and I fit fine
>bed is useless
unless you're towing boats or hauling concrete a ranger will do just fine

You are fucking autistic.

You are making a Veeky Forums thread to reply to something a furrfag said in a video half a fucking year ago that he wont even fucking see just to feel that you corrected him.

Go fix you're autism. Saged.

fuck you faggot i do what i want

>made by Ford
>plain-jane vehicle
>runs forever
>humble with no expectations.
>2003 was the major upgrade year

Is the Ranger the Crown Victoria of the truck world?

You do what i want and i have my own opinions. You might be genuinely autistic or have aspergers. A thread died for this shit.

Saged.

But those are literally the things I do with a truck. I am 6'6" so yeah I do not fit fine.

ok dude

I only know bad asses who drive Ford Rangers.

Pic very related.

>They get shitty gas mileage
4.0 admittedly does
>are uncomfortable to drive and ride in
not for me, plus the compact tacomas are even smaller
>bed is useless
it hauls all my camping stuff just fine, tackles trails better than a stock fullsize too

I love mine

A ranger is perfect for the clear thinking rational individual without a lot of cash and the need for something reliable and utilitarian that also attracts the female sex.

If you're young and attractive enough to actually get with good looking girls then this truck might be good to you just as it has been good to me.

You may or may not think the vehicle you drive is important when it comes to women, but they've done surveys. According to women the most desirable vehicle for a man to drive is a BLACK, FORD, TRUCK.

Of course they're talking about an F150, but an F150 carries a negative connotation they can be seen by some as pompous or indulgent.

You have to remember that if you want to attract the opposite sex a high reving, 666 horsepower engine is not the way to do it.

Girls literally think that shit is fucking retarded.

You want something simple, not aggressive. Don't get anything more than a 3 inch lift.

It is also essential to get a single cab. Four doors makes you look like a soccer mom.

The truck bed also double as a... bed. Buy one of those inflatable mattress things with wheel well cutouts and plop it in the back. Enjoy nutting in a female while looking up at the big dipper.

The truck bed also allows you to have... HOBBIES!

Hobbies I enjoy like camping, surfing, and paramotoring are made significantly easier with this device.

There is no reason to buy a vehicle other than a ford ranger. unless ur gay

>Not the Frontier
lmao

I got a 2000 Frontier that's beat to shit interior-wise and almost 200k miles, but the engine runs as good as ever.

>found the guy making retarded assumptions.
I get a solid 31 mpg with the 2.3 single cab manual. that's with slightly larger tires. the Tacoma literally can't do this and the EPA mpg ratings on rangers were always higher

im starting to see theres a strong furry presence in that channel

Didnt that same truck give out twice in one episode before being mauled to death by locomotive?

It was retconned three times.

For the longest time it was a 1993 model then in that episode you're talking about it turned into a 1983 model.

Either way, Hank babied it for 20 years and it served him well.

>neckbeard trying to justify his $17k purchase and assuage his buyer's remorse

well no shit you don't find it comfortable, they didn't design the truck around accommodating sasquatch

> anyone saying to buy a single cab

Fucking why? There is no reason to force yourself to find a single cab truck unless it's cheaper than extended. Extended gives you the extra space to store tools, guns, and helps when you're moving to store things (such as a TV and clothes) in when you don't want to store them in a toolbox or in the bed.

Is he really a furry? Also should I not be trusting this guy?

yes, for the millionth time, he is a furry.
youtube.com/watch?v=_OusU5CpTN0

Here is his fursona

oh no

The one he had before his new one, and the new one were both manual too, IIRC.

Then a couple seasons later his truck turned into an automatic? I remember noticing this when I watched through the series last summer

where did you find this? his fa page doesn't have anything on it

google

youtube.com/watch?v=4Iakd70yXSI

hmm

cringe

Will a ranger attract people of the same sex as well? Everything you were saying sounds pretty damn good but I don't want to be cockblocked by my truck

My only real complaint was that 3.slow V6 they put in them. A Ranger will never be enough truck for the bros or the trades but for a good chunk of the truck market, it's plenty of truck to have. I'll put it this way, I'd rather have a Ranger than the Nissan or GM product and the Toyota as everyone says, comes with a tax...

At least he is the alpha.

>should I not be trusting this guy
He never seems to do research on his videos or if he does, it's very poor
Dates and figures like horsepower numbers or engine displacement are more often than not wrong.
Same for when he's talking about technical stuff which is sometimes embarassingly wrong, for example when he wanted to explain what locking hubs do but instead explained the effects of locking differentials. Looking that up wouldn't even take 5 minutes.

It makes me so mad, because I wanna like his videos but this I just can't stand this shit. The only things that are right about his videos are references to obscure literature or other stuff to brag about with his english degree but I couldn't give a single fuck about that when watching a car video. That and him now wasting more and more time talking about everything but the actual car he's reviewing (like all the previous versions of the model or the stereotypes of the owners of that car which mostly make no sense at all)

>mfw the new Ranger is considered a "large truck" here and yet it's still tiny compared to the F-150

Ford, get your shit together and sell the F-150 here. We're sick of being cucked and want a proper truck, not this dinky little third world designed shit.

Ford Ranger
>Makes more power
>Tows more
>Weighs less
>Looks better

And the Tacoma is better?

You can import one or buy an imported one if you really want to find out what cheaply made, lethargic barges American trucks really are, you whiny cunt.

bitch

This gets posted in every RCR thread now
t. Guy that originally shared this video here

>t. someone who's never driven a modern american pickup

>t. someone who's only ever driven an american pickup

not if you want long travel. beam'd ranger is king in the dezert. long travel kit for my 4x4 taco is like 5k for 12-13". For that much cash you could have 16-18" in a beamed ranger

>400+ horsepower is lethargic
Yeah okay

Hank's truck seemed to change a lot over the series, I just assumed he did trade-in's or something after losing his first truck.