/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Presented by...(You) edition

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/

Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/

Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/

Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dABxmLld76Y
youtube.com/watch?v=NonUZzdYRa8
youtube.com/watch?v=_o8J0XgOU1k
youtube.com/watch?v=k1AOQceE1R4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Welcome to /shmupg/. Please be polite and enjoy your stay.

I want to end my miserable life.

Amusing.

Kill Yourself.

You're an idiot.

this imagine brought to you by an enlightened 17 year old

who here bored to death of shmups? i'm playing me some dracula x instead atm.

Not me, I'm getting back into shmups after months of not playing

Nope, I got back into it after a prolonged break.

what games?

>what games?
Anything as long as it's by CAVE.

stop talking shit about ikaruga

Satazius and Deathsmiles level 3

quick question, in mushi futari 1.5 original aside from the obvious aiming for no miss and killing in relation to the counter for big gems is there any other way to generate more gems and score? point blanking for instance? no matter what i do i can't quite break 300 mill.

I'm not bored of them, rather bored of having to constantly grind them to practice. It's really hard work. But once you got it down it's also fun.

t. asspained cavedrone

>25 minute long games with simple gameplay
you'd have to be a literal autist to not get bored of them

Anyone know what the dadregga 2016 sales numbers were or how to find them?

It's like constantly having a race against Usain Bolt. You always fail, but have infinite continues and nothing to lose, so you keep trying, no matter how much you hate to run against him, til one day you beat him.

>til one day you beat him.
only you don't and never will as the score can always go higher in one way or another, it's more akin to a game of chess with death.

Only if you fall for the score meme lmao.

isn't the point of the comparison to usain bolt that he is the best in the world?

I'll probably take a break from shmupping soon.
I've started playing CCWI and it's probably something I'm not clearing anytime soon. I'm not bored yet but I'll probably get bored eventually.

It's more like a metaphor for the goal you set yourself in your game. Wether that's a certain score, a 1cc, or a world record, that's completely up to you.

but usain bolt is someone even hypothetically that you could ever ever beat, no amount of training will grant you the succesful mix of perfect genetics and accumulated ability that he has therefore it's more akin to chess with death, no matter how much you play death always wins in the end but you should keep trying anyway.

>the most shmup-related thing I do lately is play Mahou Otome for half an hour every couple of days

What should I do, /shmupg/?

Stream shmups obviously, how is this even a question

Just like play shmup. Do it for casper.

Play and or stream.
Mahou Otome isn't a shmup.

I still can't stream, though.

I could play shmup, but if I'm not playing as Casper, then am I really doing it for her?

Shut up sure it is

Play and stream.

>if I'm not playing as Casper, then am I really doing it for her?
Yes, prove that you are not just a waifufag, but also a player.

>falling for the score meme
>not being a 1cc collector
>2016
LOL!

stop living in the past

in 2016 you should have realized that 1cc collecting was the way of the future

>you will never be good enough to beat that and claim the western record

what means lx0 bx1

i don't understand this comic at all, explain pls

tomoko is waifu

Do it for Reco-chan, clear ultra!

Time your cancels and pick up jewels as quickly as possible. You're going to have to look up routes, but thankfully downloading replays off of XBL just needs an account, not Gold.

A player... so what you're saying is that I should use multiple girls instead of just one? Sounds pretty shady...

i hope you dont mean the super nintendo version

wow i did it

I hope you're not a e-celeb parriting pleb who falsely claims it's a butchered port of rondo? which fyi is weeb shit and to easy, dracula x is like cv 1 with nice graphics.

now try expert!

You can also just use a ship instead of a girl if this makes you feel better.

FUCKING
CLASSIC

im not
but nice meme

i never said it was a butchered port
its a different game
a worse game

>playing the butchered snes rondo
simply lmao

>playing any game in the series other than Castlevania and Dracula's Curse
LOL!

depends. it's worse if you like easier games and more cinematics and better if you like a traditional cv style challenge and game which i do.

firstly the butchered port stuff is a complete myth 2nd i've already done rondo and it's massively overated and way to easy. I like bloodlines, cv 1/3, drac x and generations.

I really should just stop with cave. I just can't dodge.
Is there any cave game with less micro dodging involved? I just can't get consistent at this.

>Is there any cave game with less micro dodging involved?
guwange.

Dangun Feveron, maybe Deathsmiles.

Espgaluda

>hurr look at me i've got such oldskool gamer cred :DDD

what the fuck are you talking about? the later stages and bosses are typical cave fare.

>Dangun Feveron
kinda some bosses though not so much.

>maybe Deathsmiles.
defo for 1.1 mbl

you are honestly the shittest troll i've ever seen, tranny/10.

desu I just want kraut to give espgaluda a try the cancelling will probably go a long way to alleviate the micrododging until the second half of the final level that is but he doesn't need to know about that

it's an easy game he would 1cc it in no time, scoring wise i don't know I only played it to just under 40 mill and moved on. The arrange mode on ps2 is miles better imo.

>what the fuck are you talking about? the later stages and bosses are typical cave fare.
You're asking for a Cave game that's also not a Cave game. If you want to alleviate the micrododging that is Cave's main gameplay mechanic, you're either going to play Dangun Feveron, which isn't a bullet hell, Espgaluda, which allows you to slow bullets down, or Mushihimesama original, which deals in less-but-faster bullets than their typical stuff.

I already tried Espgaluda. It's fun, but I always die on stage 4 :(

>not 6-ALL'ing Castlevania X68000

Stay casual, /shmupg/.

>arrange mode
Neat, didn't know this existed, looks pretty nuts

I forgot to add ibara which is basically garrega on roids.

or guwange like i said.

legit hard as fuck game.

yeah it bungs in esprade mechanics on top and has a much better ost to boot, it should of been the arcade game.

raiden

>legit hard as fuck game.
pure memorization then it's easy as fuck, like any other cv

Bahmpu~

Sleepy Casper > Sleepy Patchouli

Bahmpu~

...debatable

REEEEEE NORMIES!

I would debate it.

youtube.com/watch?v=dABxmLld76Y

What did DOJ mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=NonUZzdYRa8

youtube.com/watch?v=_o8J0XgOU1k

youtube.com/watch?v=k1AOQceE1R4

Bahmpu~

You would be wrong

Even if I am wrong, Casper is always right.

How do i gud at Raiden?

get good reflexes

get good memory

Last bahmpu before bed~

Keep flying, /shmupg/

Bullying is never right

i'm too weak to go full shmup, can't focus on one for more than 4 hours, it's impossible to stay focused, but i have a lot more free time than that, so will play a hentai dungeon crawler to relax.

define full shmup

just playing one game only until you achieve something very difficult for you, not just kusoclear, but really trying to push yourself to the limit. that's my idea of it at least, maybe going for world record and beyond is more accurate.

>that's my idea of it at least
my idea is that it's your main/only game you're playing

imo if you have time for other games(and especially other shmups) you aren't going full shmup. but i don't think it absolutely has to be a game you'll play till the end of times, afaik most japs get wr(or something close to it) and then move on, but while getting it, they don't play other shmups and play as much as they can, not just for 20 minutes everyday until they die, they really push it, which is what full shmup is in my opinion, to really push that score/clear.

mushi is bad game actually

where i can find jap records for poojins? i can't find anything for my game on nico, just some normal kusoclears(some real hipster shit i'm playing).

it's alright but nothing spectacular, dwarfed by futari in every way. 1.5 could of been amazing but as always in sh-3 era cave fucked it up.

slowdown in mushi works kind of weird

I played a shmup yesterday and now I feel weird...

Take breaks in between 1-2 hour long practice sessions otherwise it's not worth it because of diminishing returns.

they don't exist
nobody cares about poojins, not even the japs

uh i already take breaks every 10-30 minutes.
world record here i cum

don't forget to write an article about yourself

Johnson probably already got it