G35 vs FRS/BRZ

So I've decided to sell my wrx and get a rwd car. Narrowed it down to deciding between a G35 Coupe or BRZ/FRS. The car will be a daily, with track time about twice a month.

G35 Coupe
280hp 270tq 3.5L V6
3400lbs
6speed
Brembos

FRS/BRZ
200hp 151tq 2.0L H4
2750lbs
6speed

What do you think?

I don't care about mpg. I don't care about appearance. I'm not into drifting; I would rather grip around a corner. Both cars would get to wear nice tires. Which will perform better around a track? How expensive would it be to make the FRS/BRZ beat the G35 in 1/4 mile?

3k civic

Don't fall for the civic for 3k meme and get a 7 series for 3k.

Most G35's have been beat to shit, they are rattleboxes, when I had mine the A piler fell off on my way home from the dealer, But I would still go for the G35.

Don't fall for the 7 series for 3k meme and get a amg for 3k

More like 3k Miata amirite? A 7 series would forever suck asshole on a track with turns.

I have spent a lot of time researching and thinking about this, and narrowed it down to these two for many reasons. I've even gone out and driven both cars but I can't make a decison.

Would there be a significant difference in reliability?

My budget will allow for a higher mileage (~70k) BRZ/FRS, vs a good condition G35 (prob around 70k-100k)

>tracks cars twice a month
>buying used cars
>can't decide between two totally different cars
Who falls for this shit

Get the G35, plenty of bolt ons, has torque, and no one will say your slower than a minivan.

Dont fall for the amg for 3k meme and get a school bus for 3k instead

Never pay rent again senpai, and all you would have to do to get laid is pull up beside a busy club at 2:30am

Better off with the 350z track pack

Or a K swapped gutted civic hatch if you want to actually be fast on a track

Well I appreciate the G's luxury and extra power, I also like the "snappy" handling feeling in the twins.

I'm just wondering which one has more potential.

You've never been on a track in your life and you know literally nothing about cars

I used to have a 350z years ago, it was an incredible car! Unfortunately now I have to have backseats, because I have colluded with another human and produced offspring

Seriously? How can you somehow conclude that from two paragraphs on a Bangladeshi basket weaving website?

Gtfo.

Not memeing here, get a v6 2011-2014 V6 MUSTANG, around the same price as a BRZ and faster than both while also getting good MPGs, just get the manual with 3.31 gears.

Reliability is big to me, I plan on keeping this car and keeping it running for a very long time. How are modern Fords in that regard?

3.7 V6 and 5.0 V8 from Ford are very reliable, the only known problem those engine have are waterpump issues but it's covered by the warranty and it's cheap to fix (100 dollars).

The other problem is the transmitting, it has a Chinese made one and while the vast majority of them is good, early models had some issues, it's covered by the warranty too though.

Other than that, they are pretty reliable and lots of people have 300k miles on their V6s/v8s with nothing more than a clutch change.

You'd need a turbo in the BRZ and even then I don't know if it will beat the G35. If you really want 1/4 mile times then go with the G35. No point in getting the BRZ and modding it for 1/4 mile.

Enjoy looking like a boomer or a kid

>How expensive would it be to make the FRS/BRZ beat the G35 in 1/4 mile?

About however much a different car costs. Why do you care about 1/4 mile times and if you do, why are you contemplating a 197bhp car?

>that filename
how about "disapointment plus"

also surely the VEE EIGHT isnt that much more. You know how everyone says if you get an 86 you'll cry when someone in XYZ overtakes you, imagine how you'll feel in your V6 'stang when bubba and his cousinwife blows you away in his muh v8?

>Tracking a recent Nissan

Have fun trying to not understeer it into everything...

V6 Camaro

I still love the G35 despite the people who have been buying it over the last few years, but if you are going to use a car at the track, lighter=better.

If you are using a 5.0 mustang at the track and are even close to good, you will need an oil cooler to keep it running within acceptable oil temps (under 265°F)

>worrying about 1/4 times
>selling a turbo AWD WRX for two, slower NA RWD shitboxes with less tuning potential

Good one, OP

>115mph top speed
>glass driveshaft

No thanks

Not OP but how strong is the BRZ's drivetrain? Do these people putting 350/400 on it have any issues?

300+ HP is when you can expect the stock clutch to go.

>Ever needing more than 115mph
>Not just changing it for 15hp gain and putting a tune to unlock the limiter and gain 20 hp more.

It's faster than both stock, not imagine.

Sounds like people think I should keep the wrx? I am tired of its understeer, and not really a fan of turbo lag.

Find a sedan then you can get a nicer ine cheaper

g35 is more of a cruiser. its not as engaging to drive as the brz.

WS6 TRANS AM

Personally I would go with the BRZ, just because I like lighter cars

go with a q45 or a q50 desu desu senpai.

Instead, why don't you get a down pipe, uppipe, intake, and tune for your WRX, maybe even coilovers.
It will be loads faster in every way, a better daily, and you don't have to bother going through the mess of buying and selling a car.

Actually I do have all those mods, with the Cobb accessport v3. Pic related.

Whatever car I pick up next will get a similar treatment.

like this user said except typically ford's have trouble with their electronics more often if you care about that

Fucking beautiful car man.

With that being said, I understand wanting to switch I don't like awd driving dynamics at all (except offroad obvs).
After having wrx as a daily the brz would always feel slow until you slap a turbo on, and you said you don't enjoy turbo lag. Also that gets to be more on the chore side of modding.

G35 is a great car. Starting with a powerplant like the vq35 gives you opportunity to either mod as you please or have good power as is. Drive train is strong and proven. I would also consider a G37 which is arguably better overall and the q45/50 like another user said, but that is getting further from what you're probably looking for.

get a camry to dd
and a miata to track

The G35 has the same powertrain as the 350z.
It should feel very similiar, but it is heavier.

Yeah considering the huge power difference and the difficulty+expense of getting a decent turbo setup for the twins, I'm really leaning towards the G.

I just wish it was lighter! At 3500lbs it will be the heaviest car I've ever owned.

Is there some other option I'm not seeing? I need 4 seats.

G sounds like what you're looking for user, it is heavy but it wont feel much heavier than your rex while driving, especially if you throw on some coils. I almost bought one a year ago but I'm a fwd boi at heart.
>or you can get a mustang kek

A used manual G35 coupe will be beat-to-shit boyracer bait. Cheaper than the BRZ/GT86, but undoubtedly fucked to shit.

Depending on the track; if it's anything like the Tsukuba circuit the GT86 beats the G35 effortlessly, dunno how they performed on the Retard Ring.

>How expensive would it be to make the FRS/BRZ beat the G35 in 1/4 mile?
Quite. Forced induction (or an engine swap) is your only shot at this.

Fucking dubs troll you can fuck right off

I wonder how expensive it will be to replace the G's Brembo rotors/pads?

G35 vs 300zx turbo?

Way too unreliable and hard to fix, plus 2+2s can be hard to find

lmao stock offset wheels

I bought my Brz 7 months ago and it has really left me wanting more pull.
I'll be buying a 06' g35 on a couple of months. I still love my fa20 and the brz never fails to break necks. I love both so much and I'm fortunate to be able to have both. Hopefully.

>Spending money on wheels

I would rather have performance parts

2+2 hard to find?

not in america.

You're comparing a pigfat luxury car to a lightweight RWD shitbox. Personally I'd go for the BRZ/FR-S, with Michelin PSS on the stock wheels and upgraded brake pads it's already trackworthy. And there's a dozen of simple bolt on FI kits that bump it up into the 280bhp range without requiring supporting mods.