/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 11th:
1241 – Batu Khan defeats Béla IV of Hungary at the Battle of Mohi.
1814 – The Treaty of Fontainebleau ends the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forces him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.
1868 – Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
1909 – The city of Tel Aviv is founded.
1913 – The Nevill Ground's pavilion is destroyed in a suffragette arson attack becoming the only cricket ground to be attacked by suffragettes.
1921 – Emir Abdullah establishes the first centralised government in the newly created British protectorate of Transjordan.
1945 – World War II: American forces liberate the Buchenwald concentration camp.

>News
EU4 Mandate of Heaven is out.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/mary-spears-killed-detroit_n_5945518
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

BASED

protector of evropa

gimme a yeehaw

MM patch WHEN

>having narrowminded society is ba....
r8 my sliders
how would such society function

>"wow Ming is SO overpowered now, way to go Paradox, keep shining Chinese cock"
>turns out Ming is a literal paper tiger that topples in the slightest of northern breezes
Paradox confirmed secret anti-CHICOM

SIM WHERE ARE YOU? HOST MP

reminds me of modern america
narowmindness is just synonym for being conservative right?

Yeah

What is some flavour from your country in Vic2 timeperiod?

What's the best daiymo for tall games and what idea groups should I take
Reasons please
See you in 3 hours when I get home from a uni party

>tfw your country missed out one of most interesting times in european history
just fuck my shit up senpai

W&B

Pla Lata

i feel sick, i think im dying /gsg/

WHITEST CITY ON EARTH

sorry ameribro

Why is this a meme? What's it about?

For you, based white man.

Argentina being white

So I'm kind of a noob at Victoria 2. I've pulled off doing okay as the USA and Prussia but I decided I wanted to try and form Italy but it got to 1880 and I'm no closer than when I started. I looked at some guides online and they pretty much just said "become great power then sphere everything" but I got no idea how to become a great power as such a small nation. Anyone have some advice for me?

wrong

> Sun Yat-sen, Song Jiaoren and Huang Xing unanimously advocated racial integration to be carried out on the frontiers; hence the different colors used for the flag.[9] The general idea is that all of the non-Han races were Chinese also, despite the non-Han portion making up a relatively small percentage of the population

it's a bit too early to be worrying about this but should I reconquer the rest of the places or should I release manchuria, give mongolia inner mongolia, and just stay a han proto-nationalist empire?

if anyones wondering why I'm in mp it's because I have a cheating problem

eu4 Hotfix released and dev diary about next patch called "hungary".

>Playing as a custom zoroastrian count
>Plague nearby
>Die of an infection
>Heirless
>Game over
>2nd try
>Manage to survive long enough for my wife to get pregnant
>Die the day after from an infection

absolutism nerfed I guess?

>custom characters

>not wanting the government to waste your taxes on migrants and lazy people is narrowminded
Sounds like "innovative" is synonymous with retarded/lazy then

>Noble disaster will no longer change government for Shogunate or Daimyo.

Damnit

well hm, I guess that doesn't include Independent Daimyo.

Didn't say anything about that.

What's the problem with custom characters and why shouldn't I play as them?

They're ahistorical and fundamentally broken

none, he's just autistic
but you should at least make your character white instead of shitskin

Nothing wrong with it. My personal mod for ck2 has a full family tree of custom made characters desu,

yeah because every count in some shittystan tribe is historical right
they must have added shitload of ahistorical placeholder characters
custom characters in ck are far more acceptable than for example custom nations in eu4

I tried, but it didn't work. Probably because I don't have the portrait DLCs.

I'm trying the inca achievement I guess. Never played any nation outside europe before, so I guess we'll see how this goes.

>play Ethiopia planning to directly fight the Ottomans and Mamluks without a Spain, France or Russia breathing on my back
>get a Portuguese event
>Pêro da Covilhã
>"He claims he's part of a voyage from beyond the Cape
this triggers me so hard"
Even Wikipedia shows the path he took which are the green, yellow and then blue lines.

>cusco
plen

>not pirating Paradox's shameless, desperate attempt at scraping shekels from autists

Ok, but how am I supposed to get all the reforms before the europeans when I only get 1.5 per year.

really easily. crush everyone, take colonization asap and get up to Muisca and maybe the mayans/nahuatls if you're feeling frisky, lower autonomy or at least never raise it, and always take the events that increase authority no matter how many rebels spawn, your mountainous forts make them easy pickings.

Reconquer and then annex Burma, Siam, Viet Nam , and Korea.

Colonize Africa for that dank gravel.

>-75% coring cost reduction
JESUS

SHUT THE FUCK UP
CUNT

r8 europ

And I'm supposed to make a reform off of europeans? How do I do that?

problem, user?

Apparently the rape train -does- have brakes...

So could I get some advise for forming Italy in Victoria 2? I've made a few attempts on my own but I don't really seem to get anywhere. My biggest problem is getting to great power status as on of the Italian provinces. I've taken a handful of different approaches but I struggle to even maintain secondary power status.

border them?

And then? Will there be a decision or something?

how about you get that far first, it could be a doomed run if you get stomped early by a hostile Castile.

thats very blobby

You're already a blob.

For you

nothing out of ordinary so im just going to assume its proxy way to say "rate my borders"
they're shit

hopefully I can get to gp to build the canal

I have the phillipines too as like a personal possession of the emperor sort of thing, not like a "nahuas colonizing asia" thing.

>want to play DH
>want to play Cold War
>search for mods
>get New World Order 2
>download and extract files
>select mod
>"it ain't me" starts playing

>6 Daughters later
>Finally a male heir
>Died exactly one month later
Holy fuck how unlucky does one have to be

I think I will have to break up with my girlfriend. Guess I will get a lot of more time for gsg then. That's a good thing right?

What does gsg work as?

Are you studying history in further education?

Working as a history teacher?

NEET?

Just matrilineal marriage your shit up, senpai. Or impregnate your daughterus until one of them gives you a son.

no

Purchaser/estimator for a steel construction company.

Took a bunch of history classes for my International Affairs major but doing jack shit with it. Getting Master's in Construction & Business Management.

Retail wage slave.

I'm a student but a shitty one

in comp eng

all my friends do so well with uni and I just fucking can't somehow, everyone I'm friends with is superior to me.

The county's law is agnatic, and I died before I could change it, so I couldn't even marry off my daughters.

the ahistorical German WW2 victory mod also got a new version like last week. It might be worth a try, if you like alternative cold war

working as a future unemployed history academic

>pic
kek, the amount of gommunism these days has made hegel completely repulsive by association

But the breakup has to happen. She keeps talking to guys who flirts with her.

get rid of her, though i can't promise your will to live won't also drop as you sink into endless gsg

What's she supposed to do? Cut them off and get murdered?

huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/mary-spears-killed-detroit_n_5945518

>German WW2 victory
>ahistorical
Oh boy

>Play ck2 for the first time in months

>Charlemagne lose both to saxony AND lombardy

>it did not occur
Seems like the definition of ahistorical to me

Assembler/fitter for the power supply infrastructure. It sucks and wrecks your body, go back to school, kids.

Well, there will be a day in the future when I meet a proper girl, I hope.

Lol, fucking usa.

Germany may have been in shambles at the end of the war, but the Nazis still won.

The only reason the US isn't full-blown, out-in-the-open fascist right now is because the general (((they))) had selected to lead the force onto Washington was a patriot and told FDR about it, outing the conspiracy and delaying the inevitable.

China is actually still underdeveloped. Provinces that had millions of people have less developement than average European provinces, for example.

But of course, they won't make China any stronger, redditors are alreasy spazzing out because they're as strong as France now.

Guys, help, I'm playing HOI4 and I'm having fun.

How do I enjoy the autism of HOI3 more?

>forming Qing before you BTFO china
Enjoy being a despotic monarchy and losing the "unguarded frontier" bonus against china.

>believing a has-been attention whoring veteran's drunken tale

France isn't that strong.
Ming was already very string since RoM.

What I'm saying is, the redditors are spazzing out about China being overpowered, despite the fact that they're actually underpowered compared to real life.

All they have to do is give them a scaling penalty when they take land outside of thr China region, like have it lower their mandate because they're prioratising regions outside China or something, problem solved.

Why do so many people on /gsg/ want China to be fuck off invincible? It's ridiculous, they literally never crumble and they take tributaries in India and Central Asia and they stay up to date on tech the whole game. It'd be okay if they had internal troubles or if their numbers were mitigated by their tech but they're basically no different from any massive European nation.

Graduated law school, doing some remote work (checking contracts, research, etc) for a construction company and driving for lyft until I get a more normal job.

PS if you're studying history and considering law because you don't know what else to do I'd advise against it unless you're really comfortable with hawking yourself and okay with relying more on contacts and networks than your on-paper skills.

shitty deterministic band aid

Because historically China were that strong until the Industrial revolution. The only reason they didn't take over the world was because they didn't see any point in doing it as every area around them was already their tributary.

Ming China literally collapsed in the 17th century. In EU4 they always survive to the end and spread their influence most of the way to the Ottomans.

>historical realism is bad in games about history
Back you go.

uhh nice try kid -_-

Should block Japan from coring provinces outside of Japan.
Just add it as a rule.
Historical realism.

Woah

come the fuck on man

wooooaaahhhhhh

Japan would have gone Nippon Banzai had they unified in the time period, like they did from 1870 to 1945, China NEVER expanded outside of China.