/pg/ - Persona General

Previous:NEWS
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd in Sumaru City: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qhjWoxZAL0g
streamable.com/vpau4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anal with Makoto!

when are you guys gonna stop talking about P5 holy shit

reposting

>most likely new Confidants in a directors cut like Sae and Goro already have autoConfidants in the game

How would new links for them work? You could add ones like Shiho

It's early but I think I've chosen Makoto

Ann was interesting but she was the only girl for a while

Is Makoto worth using? I didn't use Yusuke but now I have personas that can cover the first three members. Is nuclear a common weakness?

I honestly don't really like any of the girls in this game so far. The best is probably doc. I didn't get to do much with Haru or Ohya though.
If I'd go with any of the main characters I'd probably pick Futaba though for that adorable fucking voice.

She's basically an allrounder with party healing, what's not to like?

It's more common than you would think. She's also just a pretty solid party member with diarama, status heals, etc. in general.

why do people say Ryuji is the best phys attacker when Makotos physical bomb attack is ridiculous

It's a 70 hour game that came out last week, give it until next month at least.

You fucks spent six years talking about a bad game

Get used to it

Sae would only ever have worked in the original scenario where she lived in Joker's apartment building
Goro skips ranks as it is, so they could implement something along the lines of Jester/Lust that lets you get Loki

Shiho would never work because the whole point of coops is that Potter is getting something from the other end be it weapons, items or letting your teammates die for you.

I get that you want to help heal damaged goods, but Shiho can't really offer him anything due to being hospitalized and going through rehabilitation

Am in NG+ and none of my NG+ items are working what gives? I cant instant escape, cant fuse higher then my level if I give the ((big nosed man)) my money etc.

>You could add ones like Shiho
I have no idea how that would work but I want it to end with my dick in that elf

>captcha Livenza
yeah, Lavenza needs an S.Link too.

I think I'll ditch Morgana then. Dormina is too useful in this one to let go of Ann

Because she doesn't get swift strike

>but Shiho can't really offer him anything due to being hospitalized and going through rehabilitation

she was on the volleyball team, so maybe more critical attacks?

I haven't used Morgana for normal fights since I got Makoto anyway and now that I've arrived at 41, she even has group healing, so that cat can go suck a dick.

Morgana is top tier as well, at least so far for me at the end of the fourth palace. Media is super useful.

As of right now I run Joker, Morgana, Ann, and Makoto and I'm doing quite well.

If this post ends in an even number, I play more P5

If it ends in an odd number I actually get some sleep and get stuff done today

never mind the status effects, Anne is the only party member that gets mind charge

I get that Goro isn't actually a twist but it's really annoying me that I keep having to speak to this fuck who was outright rude to me.

Like why wouldn't the protag just ignore him

what time does the DLC release in NA?

Well shit

3 is just a backwards E and there's no E in odd

Ann*

Fuck off with new confidants, add group hangouts and side-character Confidant events where they can meet your whole team.

>No-Good Tora and the Gang

*Anna

Apricot*

How do you still talk about P4 after six years holy shit

>gloomy shadow
>have to give vague answers
>Question: What type of girls do you like?
>I like older girls!
>I like younger girls!
>I like men!
WHAT THE FUCK IS VAGUE HERE

>final final dungeon music is life will change
muh dick

i might be a retard because i fucking struggle on shadow interrogations so much

Makoto is such a nerd.

It's obvious most of the time but there are some outliers where for the love of God I can never guess what the fuck is the correct answer. Mostly it's Irritable types.

How do I hit home run?

They dislike serious and joke answers, so the answer won't be "I like men" and it probably won't be "I like older girls."
I'm gonna bet on "I like younger girls" being the right answer.
You need to realize what's most important isn't what they like, it's what they dislike.

Try to sound like an edgelord for irritables.

Those two can go fuck themself.

I thought the PT = deity meme was just a meme but it's actually fairly accurate throughout the story. Down to how the public interprets their will as a justification for violence.

Such a stupid system.

Would that be masturbation?

get bullied, dork

It's really not. My success rate is probably near 100%. Try actually paying attention to what they dislike.

I love them

I should have guessed that they're the optional boss.
When's the deadline for whereever they are? I need a save to try and kill those fuckers later on.

because destiny™

That all out attack animation is adorable.

Nice hands caroline!

no way
this is as good as negotiations have ever been, probably as good as they're ever going to get given where the former mainline games have been heading

why does caroline have such a big fucking head

You need the respective Confidant at level 1 at least for them to work.

NG+ only but doable all game

To be fair while I dislike how vague the answers sometimes are they're definitely better than whatever the fuck 2 had. Just looking up the correct answers every time isn't really that fun.

I'm at like 80% success rate on Persona negotiations without even looking up the personalities.

You can usually work out what they want you to say from their first line.

I FUCKING HATE AIRLOCKS

When an enemy gives you something and you have the option to push further- is there ever a reason to say "I accept" and let them go instead of using an all-out attack?

I just completed the second palace, is there any point in going to Mementos and farm this early? Is it even possible to farm in Mementos?

I just hit the first choice every time and haven't failed a single negotiation, playing on hard.
The place where the system really shines though is the fundraising. There's such a fucking rush when the entire enemy team getting to attack basically means death and you're pulling 5k+ each time you squeeze them. Bonus points if you haven't come across a safe room in 30 minutes.

If you can't afford them attacking you first then yeah

>get Haru
>sweet, she's like a musketeer or something, probably has a rapier and a bow or musket
>it's a fucking axe and A GODDAMN GRENADE LAUNCHER

No. Unless the enemy has enough health to survive the AOA, which they are probably going to on Hard or Merciless. On Normal you should be good with that option though.

Nah I don't mean picking between attack or push further. I mean picking between attack or letting them go.
Is there a reason to let them go?

tfw I need to fuse away my favourite current persona to make the twins happy

RIP ame

Even if I resummon you it's not the same

That'd be amazing. I want more of this gentle yet spirited middle-aged man.

It can be useful when you're fighting something significally stronger and just want the fight to be over.

did you miss the bit in her awakening where her seemingly normal persona opens up to reveal a fuck tonne of guns

weeb goddess isn't that good anyways

If the all out attack wouldnt kill them maybe.

Can you kill them without wasting at least 30 SP across the board
yes - kill them
no - let them go

Alright that makes sense.
It just feels like bullying when I take there money and kill them afterwards, I was concerned I'd get the villainous ending.

>back hand the fuck out of her.
Joker calm down.

joker irl

youtube.com/watch?v=qhjWoxZAL0g

what are your thoughts on haru's english voice

where the ever loving FUCK is Yusuke?

god damn FUCK WHOEVER DESIGNED THIS RETARDED SUBWAY STATION MAP

Not as bad as Futaba's / 10

streamable.com/vpau4

desu it would be funny if doing this decreased your kindness

you're looking for a different hobo

I feel like Tae got the worst dub.

Tfw finished the game in a week and rushed hanging out with my anime friends...

Was it just me or where there less interludes like persona 3 and definitely persona 4 had? 5 definitely seemed more main story driven.

I almost wish Yaldabaoth won just because he has such a nice voice

>Playing the dubbed

he's in the underground walkway right where you spawn

He's standing near 108 men.

How can you finish this in 2 days I've been at it for a full week and I'm in mid-November

Its not just you, for example the school trip was much shorter. I think it had around the same level of interlude as P3, though.

>Was it just me or where there less interludes like persona 3 and definitely persona 4 had

It really did feel like it since each palace had about a week or so of build up and then you had a week worth of events after the palace.

he unironically has a better personality than the real Igor
The real Igor having 0 bearing on any story or any substantial reaction to anything the protagonist says up till this point has a lot to do with that

Hearing a comparison of EN/JP Morgana and Futaba was enough for me not to touch the English voices with a ten foot pole. I usually don't automatically dislike dubs but holy fuck it's really bad this time.

In P4 they actually needed to build up the characters while in P5 the palaces belong mostly to bland sunday morning cartoon villains.

>The real Igor having 0 bearing on any story or any substantial reaction to anything the protagonist says up till this point
it's always been that way

(You)

What sunday morning cartoons do you watch?

Time for unpopular opinions!

I think Makoto's English VA is the worst in the game.
This gun store guy's whole confidant is extremely retarded.
The team dynamics and interactions in 5 are better than any other persona game.
I think that this cast can't carry an Arena game, they'll have to bring over the P3/4 cast to do some heavy lifting.
I think Morgana is best boy.
I think Goro is ugly.
I think Ohya is cute.
I think Ann is better than every P3/4 girl.
I think a more literal translation actually suits the franchise and is a nice change from P4's overtranslation.

DLC is up in North America

Took 2 days off to play. Kinda regretting it because now I'm quickly done with a game I waited years for.

I just think I wanted to see these characters hang out a little more outside of the main story compared to what they showed us. Not persona 4 wacky hijinks tier but something more.

Fuck how depressing they made Christmas.