nothing from japan ever breaks down, ever

>atrocious fuel economy
>cabin space not that great for how fucking huge the car is
>driving a panther body and being under 50 makes you look like a turbo-autist

>not filling up with e85
>paying over $2 per gallon
>laughingsluts.jpg

>cabin space not that great for how fucking huge the car is
There's plenty more room in the trunk if you need it.

It is a shitbox

>B-but muh veeayte

Qualifiers for a shitbox:
>4 cylinder engine
>no leg or cargo room
>front wheel drive
>harsh ride

Crown Vic:
>V8 engine
>more than enough leg and cargo room
>rear wheel drive
>boat-like ride

I don't know, user. I used to hoon a retired police interceptor and it's pretty fun doing donuts in a cop car. It was still black and white with the cattle gate and everything. Must have been quite a sight for any onlookers.

Get one of these instead.

It is a shitbox
>V8 on paper, performance of a 4 cylinder

>minimalist and stylish

Delusional

so close

I want to like that panther, but fuck its slow, it's disgusting inside, its not a fucking luxobarge its a fucking taxi. The Merc is not much better and the Town Car is fucking ugly.

The other side of the coin is that I want a cadillac, but they are absolute GM garbage so everything about them grenades.

Is the Town Car L the true master race panther?

>221 inches

>Implying e85 is any fucking cheaper in the long run

Fucking morons. Loss of economy from E85 negates any decrease in fuel costs.

God, I remember reading about the 'newly announced Mercury Marauder' in Popular Mechanics. I may have jerked off to that more than Playboy. Why did it have to go so wrong?

>implying any 4cyl has over 9000 torks at like 20 rpm

Seriously, I use my Marquis to tow a small camper, and it'll take any hill at half throttle without complaining. Doing the same with my old Neon made me feel like I was murdering my car. (Spoiler: I was)

>breaks
I am triggered.

It goes down the road at like 1200rpm at all times. Rarely do I even have to go over 2000rpm.

Any proper turrbodisel makes more torque than that turd

Who cares if it doesn't make over 9000 torque, the point is the 4.6 can move the Panther and whatever is inside and behind it.

>HHNNNGGGG
Why is Panther booty so hot? >turbo problems
>diesel problems
>being eurofag or truckfag
Vs.
>comfy ride
>bench seats
>no problems except parking a fucking 19 foot long car with a hitch and a push bar
"Fuck it, I'll go park in the triangular corner spot"

Delusion,the post

>implying I didn't find out my maximum range with regular and e85
>implying I didn't do the math
I could fill up on e85 and at worst its still 4-5 dollara cheaper
typical tripfags spreading missinfo

>get pulled over 24/7
Wut?

Let's see your 4 cylinder pull a trailer with two motorcycles and a trunk full of luggage from NY to Florida. That V8 isnt very fast but it can fucking haul.

These are the faggiest criticisms of probably any car ever.

Mercury Marauder: the beta-max of power barges

>shifting the goal posts

All these idiots think they know what they are talking about.

This is why people like the P71:
>Cooling for various fluids allows for redlining for long periods of time, hence police officers using them to chase cars
>May come with bulletproof doors and seats to protect you from guns (/k/ may like this)
>Can be bought at your city's auction for around 1000$ dollars if you are lucky
>Has a reputation among people, will instill fear in the lesser vehicles and basketball americans
>Has loads of space, and removing the seats gives you space to put a bed inside to turn into a mobile house

>drive Crown Vic
>get rear ended
>gas tank explodes

No thanks

Like its nothing

Not implying that is my truck btw, just pointing it out

Do these even still have the "spooky cop" effect? I feel like you'd need to buy a Charger or Explorer to get that in 2017.

Seriously. Only a complete retard would get a Marauder when an Impala SS exists. Sorry poors, your price argument is invalid. You have to be gainfully employed in this thread.

> put a bed inside to turn into a mobile house

Just how broke are you Panther shills?

>mfw I have one of these but swapped the rear end so it is a monster

>mfw it's also terrible on gas

I don't like about the Vic that the midship looks like a fucking HATCHBACK.
Like they put a hatchback ontop of a limousine.

You felt wrong. At least if you lived in the Midwest, our cops still use Crown Vics.

To be fair Chargers and Explorers are common now too. They just don't have the same aura as a Crown Vic though.

At least it's not a station wagon.

it looks more natural than the sedan

I've lived in both Michigan and North Dakota and I can't remember the last time I've seen a Crown Vic in active duty outside of some 50 person town speed traps.

Really? That's surprising. I lived in Michigan for 4 years and I have lived in Wisconsin for about 20, I still saw Crown Vics everywhere. On highways and places like the Indiana Tollway I mostly see Chargers. I only see Explorers in more suburban areas.

To me, that conversion looks ugly as hell. If the tailgate was smooth, without that visible "bump" at the original trunk line, it would look a lot better.

Does the whole people-think-you're-a-cop thing apply anymore though? Most police department I've seen have upgraded to the new Ford Fusions or whatever they're called. I haven't seen a police crown vic in a while

>If the tailgate was smooth, without that visible "bump" at the original trunk line, it would look a lot better.
That is very true of course.

they do break, a lot. of all the cvpi's that both my department and friends have owned, i don't think there's a single one thats been continuously in service with nothing failing for more than 10k miles

also, up north where i am, their shitty rwd and destroyed posi's spell a death sentence in snow or rain. i'll take a fwd shitbox over that any day of the week.

I can get behind this

I bought into the "Panthers are hyper reliable" meme and got a Grand Marquis. The transmission wiring failed, the differential started leaking, the headlights started randomly shutting off and it had an intermittent misfire, all under 130k miles and all in the ~7 months I owned it. That combined with getting 14 mpg in a fucking sedan, it was probably the worst car I've owned.

I live in Michigan rn. Where were you guys located?

From the UP, now in North Dakota.

youtube.com/watch?v=9r5yAomvKfA

Bought a p71 straight from auction because it was 2K dollars, and it's been 3 rather trouble free years.
Things that broke:
Alternator: 50 junkyard
MAF cleaning fluid: $7
emergency brake: $250 brake shop
taillight bulb: 2 dollars
egr valve, $160 dollars new. or $30 junkyard thrift.
Headlights and side marker bulb: 12 dollars.
Sparkplugs: 16 dollars.
Loose passenger airbag warning light, cleaned contacts: free
New coils in the future $200 new or $80 junkyard

I've spent more on oil changes and premiums than fixing things that have broken and that is a really good sign for any 10+ year old beater. My guess is your just not accepting that shit will break on old cars and it's just part of owning them.

The Grand Marquis is for when you want a Crown Victoria but don't want the stigma.

The Marauder is for when you want an Impala SS but don't want Optispark or rust.

That is fucking majestic.

do you think real power-tripping cops appreciate fake power-tripping wannabe cops?

no

I actually know that guy and he's a lot of fun. Slightly cringy at times but probably cooler than you are.

>Seriously. Only a complete retard would get a Marauder when an Impala SS exists.

Yes, I'd love to have:
An interior that comes off in my hand
a transmission that fails by 100k miles behind a 100% factory engine
optispark

sign me the fuck up senpai

Why is Hillary driving a hearse

>The Marauder is for when you want an Impala SS but don't want Optispark or rust.
or power and speed

Apparently they do, because I havent had any trouble driving my P71 around and neither have any of my friends or family that drive them either.

Do you have a link to the car and driver feature in that pic? I remember reading it like 15 years ago and it was great.

Or you just can't find one given that both sold in pretty limited numbers and the Caprice stopped production almost a decade before the Marauder was made.

Nevermind

caranddriver.com/reviews/ford-crown-victoria-lounge-lizard-archived-feature

I'm too old for one now. I would look like a larper creep instead of a poor kid.

That just means it's time to buy the Mercury or Lincoln versions.

I don't want to look like a senior citizen.

Besides, I can afford comfier things.

Time to get a Marauder, then.

Hah, maybe!

Seeing crops of hentai I typesetted is always a funny feeling

the rivalry between these two is autistic as fuck, they're both nice cars. I already have a Marauder and i plan to get an SS eventually too

Hard Bodies are the best light trucks. theyre made out of glorious Nippon steel, theyre un breakable.

>glorious Nippon steel
Ah, so they rust into dust.

>get pulled over 24/7
Is this actually a thing for people who own these cars?

>watches anime
>drives one of these cars

These have been ruined for me.

its just a picture bro, if your opinion gets skewed that quickly then you don't deserve to own one

I figure this should be the best place to ask. Long story short a friend of mine made a toe-gay team, and they invited me to be part of them. The founder has a Z31, the other guy has a Twingo (yes, really, said he drove it from South America), but I got no car. I see a lot of FCVs for cheap, more so for the police models. Would muh panther make for an ecceptable toe-gay machine? Would the police model have more hektiks?

>being this worried about gas
What is your daily? Any Veeky Forumstist should be able to put together a stable at least as valuable as the average hasguns /k/ommando's arsenal, which is around $3k which should get you three shitboxes. Having one of those shitboxes be a panther can't go wrong, being able to rebuild the entire car in the parking lot of a vatozone or for pennies on the dollar at the JY is a massive plus.

Get a manual SN95 instead, well kept secret that it makes a nice drift missile.

>power barge

i like this classification

>>atrocious fuel economy
25/15 is perfectly average for the kind of car it is.
>>cabin space not that great for how fucking huge the car is
maybe you should lose some weight, the interior is super roomy.
>>driving a panther body and being under 50 makes you look like a turbo-autist
you're the only one complaining. most people who have commented just say "nice car" or make some sort of comment on old American cars and "not makin' em like the used to".

I'll just go ahead and ruin old Pickups for you too with my evil anime, fag supreme

>My guess is your just not accepting that shit will break on old cars and it's just part of owning them.

I'd absolutely accept this if it wasn't for the fact that I've also owned Japanese cars that were 9 years older and had far less issues.

You can say the same of any low revving engine.
Cars get geared to take advantage of the engines powerband you dweeb.

Just bought this 2006 for $1700 CAD. Needed $650 to safety. Still needs work but also has propane tank. People slow right the fuck down for me

>vicky
>wanting people to slow down for you

and thats why people think panther people are autistic

Looks like they already have a sequel to Baby Driver in the works.

Loli Driver

My experience is that people will move the fuck outta my way when I fly in the fastlane

where do I find an na 4 cylinder that get the power , torque and power curve of a 2011 cvpi.

source?

Not him but. Euro's will never experience the torque nectar from a big V8.

gay as fuck oil filter placement

I can't tell you how many trashy hot 20-something girls I've seen driving base model panthers.

so sexy

as soon as you get behind the wheel you automatically become king douchebag, destroyer of fun

ayy I'm in ND too

fuck this hellhole

>could get shot to death by mistake

maybe if you're some fag like in the pic that puts on a brush guard