Recent buy thread

Just got a '97 Honda Passport with only about 46K miles on it for $4500 after tax, did I do good?

Bretty gud. Nice isuzu

You got sodomized.

Is that really too much?

Just picked this up.

740 that someone got 1 day into a turbo project and gave up because they figured out the Regina/Rex Volvo's don't like boost.

Hardest problem to solve was finding a replacement for the missing oil filter stud.

200 bucks, inspected till the end of October. I really didn't need another project but couldn't say no. Went down to trade a pickup, didn't want to trade and we settled on 200.

How the fuck did you find a '97 w/only 46K? Was the guy's commute the length of a football field? I smell some odometer fuckery here, did it have a clean CarFax?

Yeah, everything was good. It was a wife's car, apparently, which explains the fencepost dent in the rear bumper too.

4 banger or V6? Manual or Auto?

I agree with this guy. I don't see how some can buy this type of car and not drive it 200k and up miles

V6, auto

I'm gonna assume it's not 4x4?

This
It's not really 46k

Check the cats
If your exaust smells like anything besides water and hot air after 4 mins of warming up, you got ripped.
It really must only smell of hot air and steam

Well, normally I would say $4500 for a '97 is ass-bashery, but if that mileage is legit seems like you scored.

Don't make him burn himself lol

Bought pic related for $800 bucks a few months back, threw another $200 in to get it legal.

Thoughts? Good/Bad Car? 112k miles, but supposedly they run forever.

That's a terrible fucking deal. That's 4x4 pathfinder/4runner money.

1978 z28 Camaro racecur. Doesn't run at the moment but I already have the motor out and am going through it. After I get it running and pretty it up a bit gonna try to put it back on the track and see how good I am at drag racing.

I used to really want a Honda Passport, I thought it would be cool to have a reliable Honda engine in a mid-size 4x4.

Then one day I was at pick&pull and I saw a Passport that had been in a rollover accident. The firefighters didn't need to cut the roof off, it disintegrated and the jagged shreds probably impaled everyone in the car, there was nothing left of the entire roof. The doors were smashed down to the handles, and the seats were stained a lovely dried-blood brown.

I immediately didn't want one anymore.
Enjoy your new car friend :)

The trim on the door as well as the rims and badges all point that this car is pretty fresh. I'm worried about that top part of the bumper though...the faded grey piece seems unlikely for a 45k car

the roof was probably ripped off because the firefighters took it off already

No, it was there, the shreds that were left over were pushed down into the passenger area. Trust me I've seen plenty of smashed cars, those people or person came out in bits and pieces.

How does a roof shred into spiky bits?