steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Previously on /twg/:

IIII AM READY

ARE YOU

Second post confirms Vampires as best race.

Manfred > Vlad

Touched a nerve did we grobi?
Dorfs are always outnumbered, never outgunned.

I AM FRANZ

Make one of the prince of manlets!

do chaos gods care if you get a pyrrhic victory? its just more blood for the blood god right?

Not to mention always outskilled. Face it, you're basic.

Come in peace, for that is all I ever want.

The gods are all about survival of the fittest.

Should i go for Night Goblin Squigg Hopper over Boar Boyz for Skarsnik since i have max improved Nastier Squiggs?
I want to avoid getting roflstomped by Chaos though.
Any good comps vs Chaos as greenskins in general?

Report in /bestgoys/.

>tfw bought a new SSD but I'm too lazy to install it and reinstall Windows
With those loading times, the game is almost unplayable.

THUNDERERRRRRRS

So is it already confirmed we are getting Teclis and Tyrion for HE?

Teclis was in video as confirmed by CA, and the page says the lord for HE is Teclas.

I assume DE get Mortathi and Malkeith

Lizards Mazdamundi and Krok Gar

Skaven?

I thought he looked more like kevin bacon from xmen

Shogun 2 stutters whenever I play it since I upgraded my PC. What the fuck is happening?

>the Chaos Gods send you a melee champion!
>maimed arm
>the Chaos gods sense your arcane weakness and send you a sorceror
>stupid

I bet fucking Tzeentch did this

sorry, no Beastmen and Welves here. Can't afford

Will it work even if you have Windoze installed on a HDD? That is, transfer you're game onto the SSD

good goy reporting in

Ungoyimly.

Yeah you can just install the game on the SSD, but trust me once you try the game on the SSD, you'll just reinstall windows anyways.

Skaven are in a weird spot

Geographically, Skrolk should be in, if only to get another playable faction in Lustria, but he is just the pestilens clan leader

However, no other noteworthy Skaven leader is featured in the New World / Southlands where TWW:2 takes place

>pay2blood
Like, okay, selling factions and units off that should be in the base game is one thing, but paying for a literal fucking BLOOD: ON/OFF button in the graphics options is where you gotta draw the line.

:^(

Well in fact I already have Windows on a SSD but it's already full.
Getting a 128GB SSD was a mistake.

Warning: Public Order Critical - Rebellion Next Turn!

Hah, I've got my Windows on a 60GiB SSD, constantly have to prune and manage it, like moving documents and search indices and page files to slow HDD
Very thankful I bought a second SSD for game's

>At war with Zhufbar
>Zhufbar has confederated with The Dwarfs
>At war with Karak Kadrin
>Karak Kadrin has confederated with The Dwarfs
>At war with Stirland
>Stirland has confederated with The Empire

For fuck's sake. I understand why this happens, but can't I just prosecute a successful war against a faction without getting involved with everyone else?
The worst thing is, it breaks your siege. I'd almost got all my siege equipment ready to take on Wurtbad and then bam.

will this actually work vs Chaos?
pretend 2 missing spots are Doomdivers

well, that smiling Mannfred will make for a wonderful reaction face

Yes

I can only connect two disks to my Mobo so I'll have to make a choice.
I currently have a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HDD.
I don't even know what weights so much on my SSD, I barely have anything installed on it

Use TreeSize to find out!

I'd drop the trolls. Warriors of Chaos have access to quite a few units with great weapons, fear, and terror.

Alternate smile

As long as you can fight them one by one, that's more than enough, tryhard

Also what kind of dinky mobo do you have that only has two sata connectors? that's wild

Does Chaos even threaten Greenskins/Crooked Moon at all? I've only ever played non orc/goblin races and the farthest I've ever seen Chaos get is Altdorf.

>tryhard
i just don't want to fuck up, i am playing on very hard

>Patrick Stewart

all my file directories are on my old HDD my SSD is solely for programs but i made sure to get a 500gb one. So hopefully it'll be big enough for warhammer.

AI is shit so Chaos stomps them usually... at least in my games.
Only once i've seen Chaos die before i even encountered them

GET OUT OF HERE YOU'RE ALWAYS INFECTING THIS THREAD WITH YOU'RE ANIME!

>Says Boris is recruitable many turns after confederating
>Can't find him in the new lord recruitment menu

Wtf

do not waste my potential.

DE VON CARSHTEINS

Nightmare fuel...

If you Confederate a faction you can 't actually recruit the LL - you only get him if he's still alive/leading an army

t. replaced a LL once thinking I could re-recruit him

they changed this recently but it's still finicky
Grimgor as crooked moon for example is a normal LL

>when the elector counts are finally summoned

Hey guys, Angry Joe here with another review this time for Warhammer Total War

>gave guild wars 2 and vanilla Skyrim 10/10
Never trust Joe

No, mortal.
No.

are you a god?

PUMP THOSE DWARVEN LEGS

War of ____________?

>mommy got raped
>better do the bidding of my mom's rapist's gods
What did the dork mean by this?

VENGEANCE

The Roses

THE CLANS _____

Almost definitely.
You could always rename the stupid sorcerer SINDRIIII

>there are goys here who don't buy all dlc pre-order

step up your game you gits.

uhh MUH RATINGS

ERRANTY WAR

So I was asking in last thread about making a mod which added great-weapon variants of all the lords.

Someone said it'd be easy to change the current lords to have great-weapons (i.e making the desired stat & animation swaps), but adding a new variant would be a pain, anyone know why?

I thought it'd just be as easy as adding the new lord variant to the roster.

Im such a fucking scrub at the campaign in this game idk what the fuck to do, I can wreck face on the battlefield singleplayer and multiplayer but not campaign.

>no mods pure vanilla
>be empire
>always trying to take more land
>always under attack from
>multiple beastman factions
>skaeling
>chaos
>varg
>focus on economy buildings
>still cant go above two armies or ill be in the negative
>whenever I try to expand I need more than one army to fight enemy doomstacks
>whenever I attack someone brings their doomstacks to a different part of my kingdom to raze my cities
>try to confederate nearby provinces but it instantly puts me in the negative and thins my armies out even more

idk what to do this shit is on normal too. The battles are fun as fuck but the campaign just feels like I cant do what I want and have fun I have to do the min/max right choices or Im fucked, help a scrub plz

HOO
HAA
HOO
HAA

Looking to give the historical games a try, which would you recommend for someone who's only played Warhammer? Thinking about Shogun 2 and Attila at the moment.

I love Dawi.
I love their battle cries.
I love the /comfy/ start spot.
I love killing orks.
I love their unites and the lords.
I love the quest item battle intro talk.

But after the VH 600 turn game I just had as Brettonia, I am never touching those stunted cunts ever again. Second turn after Age of Peace hit they went to war with everyone and you couldn't reason with the cunts even when they only had Silver Road province left.

REMOVE DAWI

Shogun 2 is probably one of the best Total War games in terms of polish and gameplay, if you don't mind Japan and restrictions that came from setting (samurais killing samurais). FotS even better and offers best artillery representation in series.

>600 turn game

>magic is bad

Don't expand too fast or you will suffer the rebellions.
Always try to have watch tower/watch gate in every city because it gives you some siege turns so you have time to react

>Kill the rebels and get Reikland under control asap.
>Get Marienburg, I usually get the whole province but you don't have to.
>See if you need to defend Stirland form the undead, can't let them get out of hand. Confederate Stirland if needed.
>Confederate Nuln and Averland if possible
>Wait for Chaos

Now, you can either rush or confederate Talabecland and Hochland and make a stand there. If Boris stops being retard and joins, that can help a lot.

And that's about it.
After Chaos is down, grab the new lands in the north, clear Varg camps using raid until they sue for peace. Once that is done just let them clear everything and you just resettle it for ezpz mode.

But yeah, Reikland into Marienburg and you're set as Empire. Don't overextend at start

I couldn't have allowed the little cunts to stay unchecked.
Once I finished my main quest battle and got my chivalry well above 1k, I had to deal with them. I just had to.

see I took marienburg, the whole province but I had problems with skaeling bringing 3 full stacks to attack marienburg and also 2 full beastman stacks down south in Wissenland, did I just have bad luck or does this happen everytime? Thanks for the advice.

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ALTDORF

Neat, I'll probably check that + FotS out then.

>57:28
>pause and slow mo

I get Marienburg walled up and get a dude in there with Honest Steel and stuff like that. I literally rename him Marienburg Guard and keep him with basic troops and generally geared for defending the city in a siege.

Beastmen, just ignore if you can. You should have walls in all of your cities so once you get Reikland and Marienburg, use beastmen and savage orcs as a way to confederate Nuln sooner.

BUILD WALLS EVERYWHERE. Focus on Greatswords and Reiksguard Knights at start. They are easy to get in the first few turns and also have more Crossbowmen than Handgunners. Handgunners are good against chaos.

Remember, there are NO Wood Elves in the Southlands

not the poster you replied to, but you can deal with skaeling shits by simply bunkering down in Marienburg. Maxxed out Marienburg with walls and half an army should fend off pretty much anything the skaeling can throw at you. They're only a threat in land battles. In sieges, they're complete shit thanks to all their infantry being hot garbage and their cavalry being forced through bottlenecks. Basically walls will fuck over norscans

If you're really concerned about about them , don't take the wasteland settlement Marienburg owns and instead use them as a buffer against attacks from land.
Your main focus should be genociding any beasties that appear, confederating all the eastern empire factions and fighting the vamps

THE BEARD

thanks gonna start a new campaign and try this shit

DISPERSE

THE THRONG IS _______

MUSTARD

I'm trying to replace Archaon's model with another character, but he still looks the same.
On the other hand, i can change sigvald's model without a problem,
The same thing happens with karl, for some reason i can't change the model of the main leader of any faction.

Do the main leaders use another pack/table/whatever for their variantmeshdefinition?

getting campaign fatigue
old friend when?

KHAZUK

>Goes from Mel Gibson to the native dude from Twilight
Someone post Kemmler so I can get his smile for when his eternal friend and companion gets confirmed

But user...that's never going to happen

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!