Can someone be a millonaire and still be a an anonymous entity that no one knows?

can someone be a millonaire and still be a an anonymous entity that no one knows?

Of course yes. I'd wager that 95% or more of all US millionaires are basically unknown by the public.

yep...
no one gives a fuck about 1 mill

At what point does it become unrealistic to remain unknown? Like 100 million?

More like 99%, there's about 8 to 10 million households in the US that have more than a million dollar in assets. And about 1700 people are joining the millionaire ranks every day.

>Four percent, or 4.6 million U.S. households, had net assets of at least $1 million in 1998, according to the study commissioned by the Consumer Federation of America and Providian Financial, a bank card provider. However, survey respondents believed that 15 percent of all households fell into the millionaire category.

Name all 4.6 million of them.

>numbers this outdated

Depends on you got the money and the laws where you reside.

in some USA states and countries, a will is public information.

If you created your own private business, then those numbers aren't out there.

If you wagecucked your way towards 1 mill, then its not.

People can only speculate based on what you have.

Trump might not even be a billionaire and not even he knows the true answer to that since tons of his money isn't liquid.

You're responding to a paraplegic female toaster.

i ask because i want to know if someone that has a lot of money can live in a normal house and a normal city.

OP... if you're rich, you don't HAVE to go on instagram and youtube and make videos about how much money you have and all the nice things you buy. You can just do that stuff, without announcing it to the world.

You can go stealth. Middle class house, clothing, car. Not saying anything about your wealth to anybody.

Or you can live in a villa and build a WALL and make poorfags pay for it.

Yeah easily, my net worth is around 2mil and my neighbors think I'm broke.

Pretty ez. 1 mil isn't that much anymore. The classic "millionaire" definition is around 3 mil in today's dollars.

And most are born into 700,000k tier families or are old as fuck.
lol at going from 0 to 1 million in your 20's (life ends at 30 max)

Most people that start from scratch will never be rich or be rich you re bald and old and tired.

yeah this

also a million bucks is not a lot of money, it's very easy to find million dollar houses a that aren't sprawling mansions or complexes. like, a million in assets is still a lot, but it's not like you're in the stratosphere. it's a distinctly achievable goal for lots of people (though not all people, because life is unfair and some people start poor and stay poor since they never get any initial capital to do anything)

inflation being a thing also means that a million bucks OBJECTIVELY is worth less than it used to be

There's anonymous billionaires son.

>(life ends at 30 max)
Are you sure about that user? If you keep yourself in shape, you can fuck around like a college student at *least* into your early 40s.

>classic "millionaire" definition is around 3 mil in today's dollars.
Sounds reasonable. Having a millionaire dollars in liquid net worth will get you about $40,000 a year in passive income. Sure, you can stop working and have your expenses covered, but you'll be living a modest lifestyle in a quiet neighborhood. It isn't anything like what being a millionaire in 1965 would get you.

In fact out of curiosity I calculated it. To hit the same status as a millionaire in 1965 today, you'd need 7.6 million dollars. That'd give you passive income around $300,000, though with that level of net worth you can probably hit more profitable ventures like partnerships and commercial/multi-tenant real estate. I'd say $300,000 a year would give you quite a lavish lifestyle.

damn son, you salty as fuck

What about keeping it a secret to everybody?
Like not even letting your wife and kids know you're rich while living a middle class lifestyle, but with the peace of mind and lack of stress, thanks to your secret safety net.

Would that be possible?

My dream would be to have a life like that, while living in a house I built so that it has a secret underground room almost as big as the entire lot, where I can do my hobbies alone while my family believes I'm at work.
Like a sort of batcave, but instead of fighting crime, I jerk off.

>Off to work, see you this evening honey!
>proceed to walk outside, do a 360 and enter through the cellar door
>Your wife and kids know you just walk outside and turn left because your car never actually leaves the driveway
>Wife has to explain "now kids, you know your dad works very hard to provide for us so we just have to go along with his little pretend thing okay? Even though we can clearly see that he doesn't actually have a job, or even leave the house, and pretends that this house doesn't have a basement."
Seems kinda silly user

Kek I've actually thought about this multiple times.
The problem could be solved by having the cave far away from home, but it would be far more impractical than having it inside of it, since it wouldn't allow me to go in for a quick visit if I needed to.
Or, you could have it so the entrance is located in the bordering lot, so that I'd just need to go to a garage, swap cars, then come back to the nearby lot where the secret entrance is located.
I would also have another secret entrance inside my house for when I need a quick visit.

Another alternative is to have it underneath my company building (and if I don't have a company, then I make a fake one where I pretend to work).

Obviously that'd be too expensive and risky even for a billionaire, but it's my fantasy and I dream of whatever I want.

If you bought a home in Auckland 10 years ago, you would be worth over a million now.

My POS in a minor city has gone from 80k to 250k. Bullshit really

Bitcoin ,satoshi nakamoto is currently worth 1 billion and nobody knows who he is or if he's still alive

There's a lot of millionaires out there. A million dollars isn't that much money. Definitely more than the average person has but at the same time not that much.

>;life ends at 30 max)

what did he mean by this ?

thats because they count their primary residence as their net worth

i dunno but what i do know is you have to be at least 18 to post on this site

The litteraly definition of a Nevada corporation.

Can have a representative in courts for most all cases.

With proper procedure you could own your neighbors house and he could work for you and have no fucking clue. Legally to my knowledge.

It is how I am doing real estate.

Never been a landlord but everyone in town seems to be slumlord.

Get houses.

Get burned.

>dontwanttokickoutmyfriendandhisfamily.jpg

Nevada Corp come to dady.

Buddy doesn't pay rent ever.

B&!

Buddy either doesn't know I own houses at all or asks if I have any available.

Nope! Sure don't fuckhead.

Still friends with buddy and don't feel as bad.

Still not a shit lord but I get treated fairly.

Slip and fall lawsuit ends in some plebiscite getting my shitty duplex that is leveraged to the hilt. Oh well.

There's not a number?

Yeah, my dad had to fill out some paper work to get in on another oil lease. Guy has over 1.5 million in assetsales and makes less than I do. Working hard may be a meme but it paid off for him and I'm headed in that direction.

>Mfw 1998 was fucking 20 years ago.

Wat

CEO of Mcmaster-Carr (like the Amazon of the industrial/scientific realm) has essentially no public presence.
McMaster-Carr is fucking marvel of a company, but the company itself is almost unheard of outside of a few fields (from what I can tell), and its corporate officers are even less known.

Sure can user. I know about 20 people that are multimillionaires. They still go to work most of the time. Only difference is they can have a lake house and tell me what to do. They good people tho. And most of them were poor as kids or raised by rich "Good ol boys" on a ranch and had to work.

Not sure about city fans, but the only rich cocksuckers around here are spoiled kids that haven't been cut off yet

You can also buy a lakehouse and make rich friends that don't care because they have more money than u. Hell u could learn a lot from them.

if you keep the money in cash yeah
and btw if youre thinking about comitting a crime, the govt always knows.

>Mfw that is barely above the accredited investment threshold

Or, you set up a "business", rent out some space/buy a building, and jerk off from the comfort of your private office like a normal person.

>store front captcha

of course

Some days I feel the need to leave this place. Other days there is this.

>Mfw I know a guy who knew the btk killer in wichita.

>Mfw he had a shed in the back yard with a lock on it and his wife thought that was fine.

Holy shit

But the "office" would have to be believable, with employees and things like that, and also the main point of this isn't to be private somewhere, but to have a huge space where I can do whatever I want without anyone disturbing me.

>why not just have a home office and keep 2 sets of books?

Sell that mutherfucker right now and get a shitty cuckshed to live in. Fucking crash incomming

What do you mean 2 sets of books?

Edgy kids think 30 is old.

In retrospect it is. But at 31 I don't even see 69 as being that old anymore

There is a guy who is the billionaire sole owner of the largest grocery distribution network in the US (C&S wholesalers) and is virtually unknown to the common pleb.

>source: none of you know who im fucking talking about

OK, how about buying a large plot of cheap timber land and pretend you cut and wholesale hardwood timber. No retail customers, just you and your rural cuck shed to do as you please.

Underground construction is expensive as fuck is what im getting at. And caves are damp and shit.

Make your money somehow and the set up a shitty home "consulting business." Make it look like u make okay money to your wife and actually have it hid somewhere. But if you want a shop to dick off in you just need like 50k and a lot outside of town. Park some equipment around and hang a sign that says not for hire. People will assume you have or had some ranch or something. I'd wager 50% of buildings in my town are owned by old ass people that use them for storage anymore.

Good call. I used to drive for them and people would argue who he was.

>>OK, how about buying a large plot of cheap timber land and pretend you cut and wholesale hardwood timber. No retail customers, just you and your rural cuck shed to do as you please.
Not bad, but it would have to be completely private and secret, so maybe a hangar-like building or something similar would probably do the trick.

But the underground room would be ideal for most cases, and while more expensive, I'll never have either, so why not dream the best version?

If I were in the position to actually do something like that I would do what's realistic for my budget, so I'd end up with something more like your example.

I'm not sure about the "home consulting business" part. I mean, I'd have to show my wife some place that's believable as an office/company (and I'd expect this to happen often), so that I could have her visit the place and have the secretary tell her I'm in a meeting somewhere else or something like that.

First part was meant for

You can be a billionaire and people won't know who you are. There are around ~1200 billionaires in the world, how many can you name? 5? 10? Not many I bet.

cope

you are not only rich yet, but you are not even good looking, tall and with a NW0 to cope with being a middle aged wagecuck

You are dogshit and invisible to all prime, 7+, anglo females.

You can't keep your hair in shape.

Also you need to be good looking on the first place

The threshold in the US is 1 million dollars in net worth (excluding primary residence) or $200k+ income per year ($300k+ if married).

Not sure what it gives you access to here, though. "Certain hedge funds" is all I'm finding on google.

>NW0
That was irritatingly difficult to find a definition, and even then I still don't know what "NW" actually stands for.

What you said is basically true though. Women have never been as picky and selective as they are today, and it will only get worse as social media continues to spread.

Both true. I very, very legitimately feel bad for guys with bad hair genetics. Their parents shouldn't have fucking had kids. Same with short guys. Their parents should have fucking considered what life would be like for their sons. There's absolutely no reason to bring someone into this world knowing how much they will suffer.

The funny thing is that if your rich enough you can pay people to cover your tracks. How do you thinks the cartels and narcos get away with it? I reckon there is still some the public doesn't know of.

>Like a sort of batcave, but instead of fighting crime, I jerk off.
kek, never change Veeky Forums

Thinly veiled batman thread.

if you never talk about your money and live frugally, only the IRS will ever know.

there are over 10,000,000 millionaires in the US alone that you've never heard of and never will.

I personally know someone worth 3 million liquid. And lives like a total pleb. not even a car. maybe lives of 30-40k a year. So yes, just hide your power level.

Yes, obviously. The majority of millionaires are just regular Joe business owners who have worked hard or got lucky.

putin manlet make u suffer

?
literally just have a average house and a average car and average clothes
BOOM
no one would fucking guess in a million years

Supposedly there are coal barons in China that have more money than Bill Gates and alot of that money is unaccounted for.

The amount of edge says i am right.

Well son. I have been married for almost half my life.

I own 3 houses, 6 cars, almost debt free.

Not rich by any means. But at least im not an edge fucking child.

You got a lot of shit to learn.

I was making big bucks and got hurt. Just paid off my insane medacle bills from 2010.

When my llc paperwork for my next busines venture is done i will take a six month vacation and debate retirement.

BECAUSE I STARTED A SUCCESSFUL TRUCKING AND LOGGING COMPANY FROM MY LAY-Z-BOY WHILE I WAS HIRT YOU EDGY LITTLE SHIT.

lol, not even mad.

Have fun waking up when your folks cit you off and trump took all your free shit.

Cunt

Oh and i also get off work from my "job" that i took for benefits and fuckoff money alone in half an hour. So far watched 4 movies and did 15 minutes of work. So suck my dick

I forgot there was a "net worth" rule too so that makes it easier.

Anything regulated by the sec is now your horse to ride. Yipeee i can finally invest in things that can make me rich because i finally got rich being a cuck.

Just like everyone wants 10 uears industy experience at age 18.

retarded

Your coke dealer?

Wtf.

Who has 3 million and no car?

My car cost 2,000 bucks and i would take it to canada right now

You watched 4 movies and did 15 minutes of work? How long are you at work for?

My grandfather has roughly 5 mil in the bank, much more in assets and stocks. He is virtually unknown to anyone outside his social circle.