pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Pre-War thread

Other urls found in this thread:

loverslab.com/topic/66502-anime-inspired-hair-mod/
youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8
youtube.com/watch?v=-_9ISEYidhU
youtube.com/watch?v=5xzNvaurU4Q
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49478/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11017/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you rolling with any companion mods fog?

I'm pretty impressed with the Heather one so far, and I liked the Ellen one too.

Note to self, cryolator + vertibird = weird shit

nth for biggus diccus

Any good hair mods for fo4?

Azar/Apachi/Commonwealth cuts is all long hair crap

And all the other mods suck

Specifically one with a nice short Bob cut with bangs (pic rel)

Why has no one made a "The Hills have Eyes" mod for Fallout 4 yet?

I made this. Might be right up your alley.

loverslab.com/topic/66502-anime-inspired-hair-mod/

What did you say to him?

Does he make it back? Are there sea monsters to destroy the vessel? I would imagine ocean travel to be super dangerous.

Thanks man

I use this one, because she comes with a mini-quest, a settlement and lots of doggos, which is immersive because it would be pretty hard to rape and murder someone if they owned a half-dozen attack dogs. Hard to sneak up on them anyway.

Also, the VA doesn't sound like a fat, middle-aged cat-lady. She sounds like a young woman trying her best to impersonate a hillbilly, or maybe a country and western singer, hard to tell. I give the mod a 7/10, because the player's lines are only half-voiced.

>commie
>ghoul

One word. "Merica". Redneck Enclave takes no prisoners.

youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8

>going through vehicle mods for NV
>an entire fleet of cars being sold
>there's even a controllable Vertibird
>but no one made a Highwayman mod
I don't understand.

Feeling compelled to go back ot FO3 and FO:New Vegas. I've been playing FO4 for an year straight now but I've been reminiscing about the good old days.

Is there a chance that I'll hate them now that I've become more or less hung up on the newer engine?

If you don't use mods.

Otherwise it'll probably be a mixed bag.

youtube.com/watch?v=-_9ISEYidhU

What is pizza like in the post-apocalypse?

>What is pizza like in the post-apocalypse?
youtube.com/watch?v=5xzNvaurU4Q

Youll hate how shite the gunplay was back then

But at least you can get a stable 60fps in urban areas with a GTX 1070

I want to dissect this mod and see if the elements exist between the games to allow it to be ported to FO4, but I'm too lazy to install NV for the CK.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49478/?

>Do synths have to eat? What maintains energy and operating health for the muscles and organs if they are essentially organic fleshbags?No, synths do not have to eat. they can, but it is unnecessary

Synths are kept healthy by FEV, which heals them as it does super mutants

needs script extender to be updated for FO4, then adding hotkeys to switch fire modes will be possible.

>FO3
Maybe

>FO:New Vegas
HAHAHAHAHA. No, that game is impossible to hate.

>Synths are kept healthy by FEV, which heals them as it does super mutants

what?

>staggering fat man
>cryogenic leather left arm
Well...are cryogenic/incendiary any good?

Cryo on weapons is a change for an instant stun with Overdrive.

not on weapons, on armor. it seems like dumb shit because it depends on getting melee hit.

Hello people, I've decided to come back to fallout 4.

Last thing I remember is Buff's hair mod, fill me in on what I've missed?

But don't super mutants eat? Does anything in FO4 imply that synths don't eat or don't need to eat? Obviously talking about the Gen3s. I assume they do just to blend in, but do they need to? Is it mentioned either way?

>what?
FEV, a self replicating virus, automaticall fixes any damage to the DNA/body it detects.

That is why super mutants and synths are effectively immortal from age, immune to radiation, and why Synths, who use a perfect form of FEV, do not need to eat.

>that skinny
>shoulders are still fucking huge
Hate that bullshit. Doesn't matter how skinny a waist is if the hips are tiny compared to shoulders. Shoulder width is a masculine trait, hip width is a feminine trait.

guize halp I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms from /bsg/

Is there a mod that turns Shaun into a qt daughter damsel that I get to save from distress?

"i've never seen a real life human" tier

It's not even a caricature. It's just shit.
I say this because the standard of waifus must improve.

>Does anything in FO4 imply that synths don't eat or don't need to eat?
Yes, at least one of the sceintists in The Institute mentions synths dont need to eat.

We also know from terminal entries that it is impossible for synths to gain or loose weight

You know, a lot of people including myself gave Bethesda a lot of shit for the Fallout 3 Enclave Power Armor design.

Yet. I noticed something reading into Fallout Tactics. One thing about Tactics is that the artist who designed the MidWestern Brotherhood Advanced Power Armor said that if there was one thing he could do, he'd go back and fix the grasshopper armor to make it fit into the setting better.

So... Bethesda did something right? The X-02/APA Mk2 in 3 may just be an attempt to redesigned the grasshopper/horned devil armor. In fact, the armor is called horned devil armor in the game.

To be fair, this is so retarded I'm retconning any mention of it entirely out of spite. Because if they didn't need to eat it would suggest some sort of long term reactor inside of the synths. Which would make detecting them really fucking easy.

You can't have things function off of air and intent.

Gen 3 synths, by what is presented in-game aside from badly written dialogue from a company that can't seem to get its shit together, are just humans with some modifications and a kill switch installed.

Either that, or magic is real in the Fallout universe. And I mean magic. Not psionics. Magic.

Can't even compliment Bethesda without having to call them out on their bullshit with the next post.

Are you okay?

Alternatively, Father's whole shitshow to dehumanize the synths to ensure their continued subservience includes that amidst the controls, even among the Institute itself.

I don't know anymore. I just don't know.

I'm with you. Gen3 Synths can't be that hand-wavy bullshit. If they don't need to eat but otherwise can pass as human, they are magical as fuck. Even the lack of losing/gaining weight can be explained that synths metabolized differently. But you can't fucking handwave thermodynamics away. Their bodies must expend energy to function on a regular basis, so they must consume some form of fuel or energy.

>FEV, a self replicating virus, automaticall fixes any damage to the DNA/body it detects.

Yet it's exposure can kill.

>That is why super mutants and synths are effectively immortal from age

Mutants age. Synths don't visibly age. They don't age like humans, I saw nothing in a game that indicated they live forever.

>immune to radiation
Nope. Synths are vulnerable to radiation. Supermutants and Synths die to gamma guns, much like everything else. Supermutants don't appear effected by certain types of radiation, other types presumably hurt them (and synths) just like anything else.

>perfect form of FEV
If it were perfect, it would not need to bond with a cell. Perhaps you meant to say the virus replication is 'perfect' in a particular type of cell, but that makes no sense either.

>do not need to eat
According to who? The guy from robotics that attempts a coup when you become Director? Are you sure he wasn't talking about gen 1 synths. They don't need to eat because they're robots. What is known is that gen 3 synths don't get fat from eating Fancy Lad Snack Cakes.

You have another source for the "don't eat" thing, one that specifically references gen 3 synths?

>Supermutants and Synths die to gamma guns

>its another he confuses game mechanics for lore episode

I'm making a gun!

I'm still balancing it, but I like how it feels right now. Gotta tweak the damage a bit.

>But you can't fucking handwave thermodynamics away.

Sure you can. It's up to the player/reader/watcher/whoever to decide if it's plausible enough to accept, though. Fusion cars? Sure. Gen3 synths? Plausible enough for LITERALLY EVERYONE at BethSoft to release a game with their name on it. I'd love to meet the dissenting voice on the dev team if there was one, though.

If Supermutants are immune to radiation, then why does the stealth radiation from Stealth Boys turn them into Nightkin?

Who states Synths are immune to radiation?

Supermutants have been shown to be vulnerable to certain types of radiation since the original Fallout. Mechanics or Lore? Both.

If we're going by lore, there is one thing that was released in DLC that answers every question about 3rd gen synths. In Far Harbor, there's a quest where you're trying to find a synth that ran off. And you do. He was killed, and cannibals picked him apart and ate the body. They mentioned no irregularities. This suggests 3rd gen synths have every organ in the right place and that everything tasted as would be expected in a normal human being.

They didn't eat the head. I don't remember asking the Trappers how their meal was.

Experimented a bit with legendary effects

>2-shot plasma cannon

I think I'm gonna give Plas-man a 2-shot Prong as his weapon. Then somewhere else I'm gonna put in a never ending plasma caster.

The Covenant questline isn't even DLC. They mention nothing about gen 3s being immune to radiation.

Gen 1 and 2's are 'immune' but they're robots.

Do you have an ETA for release? A beta?

Was the Kellogg fight ever actually meant to be a boss battle of any sort? On Survival, at least, he's weaker than the synths with him.

it was due to appear in the Environmental Protection Agency, but the location itself was cut and subsequently any unique shit therein, too

the EPA eventually morphed into the Big Mt. facility we see in New Vegas, only sans marijuana

>ETA for release?

Not really. All the harder stuff's been done, but I still have to do the leveled lists, texture changes, sound effects, Plas-man dungeon, and Plas-man's power armor. Oh and his synth soldiers.

I WAS going to give him a pet deathclaw with shoulder mounted plasma weapons but that idea was scrapped. Dogtooth said it would be totally possible but the animations wouldn't look right, so that was scrapped. I'm not sure how big I'll make his lair, its definitely not going to be Mechanist tier. I'm thinking of putting his lair at "Poseiden Energy Turbine #18-F". His robo minions will be outside of it, and a secret basement entrance to his lair will be inside. I'm not sure how big I'll make it, I'm gonna make it maybe Vault 111 sized. Not sure which tilesets I'll even use yet, but I want it to be partly industrial and like an oil rig, and also high tech at some parts. At the end of the lair will be Plas-mans bedroom, with all his toys and gizmos. Captain Plasma, his female Courser / girlfriend that he caught and reprogrammed will be his second in command and guards his room.

I'll add some makeshift reclamation chairs similar to Railroad that he built, and after the Institute sent a courser after him, he took a liking to her and reprogrammed her into being his girlfriend and sidekick. I thought about adding a surprise in a terminal entry about her towards the end.

I'm probably gonna put 20 synths outside with plasma guns and plasma casters, and maybe an additional 20 or so in his dungeon. I'm going to make some bigger, more armored ones with more health, but I won't make them winged deathclaw tier. I might give them a max of 3000 health.

>beta
lolno
Private beta only. Public betas don't really work here. And this is something that I think is best if its kept private, because I'll need lots of specific stuff tested. With a dedicated private tester, it should zip zop zoobity bop right out of beta status pretty quickly, however.

>Private beta only.
in other words, circlerjerking

>private beta only
Buff you cant count yourself as a beta tester

As much as I appreciate all the extra work going into the quest and enemies and power armor and everything.

I just want the gun.

Dogtooth, leakbro, and one other guy already offered.

I prefer private beta testing because its honestly much faster. And I need to know specific stuff, and have screenshots of things, its just not feasible here.

I'm starting on the dungeon and power armor tonight. Actually the power armor will just be a new jetpack with glass plasma tanks on it, so that won't even take that long to rig.

I think I'm gonna use part of the plasma grenade + acid soaker tank to make the shape.

buff he just wants the gun

>buff will be one of those modders that does not make standalones for the gun and armor
dont do this to me buff, i generally defend you too

I still have stuff to do on it.

Sounds, textures, leveled lists, and uh, some other upgrade things I'm gonna make. I'm kinda tired of staring at formlists and Omods, so I'm gonna take a break and start on the power armor and dungeon for now. Don't worry, it won't be massively huge. I might even copy an existing cell, and change some shit around.

I have a vague idea of what I want the lair to look like. Kinda industrial, but also sciency. Something like Med-tek or that room where you get the energy core thing for The Institute / Liberty Prime.

Its not like I'm withholding a finished product right now.

That's pretty cool. Those poor cats though.

I thought you moved on to HS? Good to see that you're still around pumping stuff out.

I make HS stuff on the side but I got kinda fed up with the people making requests and then not using the scenes.

I don't even go to Boorus anymore because of that game, lol.

>To be fair, this is so retarded I'm retconning any mention of it entirely out of spite.
No one gives a fuck. This shit is canon and there's nothing you can do about it.
Go cry me a river.

>Either that, or magic is real in the Fallout universe. And I mean magic. Not psionics. Magic.
Same difference.

Yep this will be an easy rig. Just gotta attach more metal caps to the top and bottom, and attach it to the jetpack.

I'm gonna make this turn the jetpack into a mini rocket, like the green bean. You'll be able to fly higher, for less AP, and even hover somewhat with this new plasma powered jetpack. It will be for X-01, but I'll make it craftable for all other power armor once you find it on Plas-man.

The moment power armor jumped the shark.

Sounds like you finally made your own Mary Sue.

Yeah that kinda bugged me too.

>You can die to missiles and fatmans in power armor
>But you can easily survive rocket exhaust which can get to be like 6000 degrees

Danse should have been either cooked inside his power armor, melted, or outright incinerated inside the suit from the tiny unsealed cracks in the armor

>tiny unsealed cracks in the armor
modular frame system was a mistake

He's a banished ex-Institute scientist

He's like Tony Stark except nerdier and angrier. And so ronery that he re-programmed a female courser sent after him to be his waifu.

I actually considered a nonviolent option with him, but that would require voice acting and all that. I also wanted to make the female Courser sent after him to be pretty attractive. I thought about adding a sub-plot where while he's rooting around her programming he disables something that allows her to conceive children, and since he bangs her every night, she gets pregnant, and you don't find out you killed a pregnant woman until after you read his terminal at the end. Maybe also a tad of potential horror, like he mentioned that the fetus had its own component, and her body somehow constructed it on its own.

But that's taking an awful amount of liberties with the lore and I bet it would make a lot of SS's feel pretty bad for killing a pregnant woman after breaking into their home, basically.

How many points in Repair skill does a character need to be able to disassemble and reconstruct the most advanced armor technology in human history? :^)

>and you don't find out you killed a pregnant woman until after you read his terminal at the en

Frankly it'd be relief to stop it from happening.

>Most armors just leave huge parts of the frame exposed, including soft joints, tubes, and hoses
>The fusion core which shouldn't even exist is located in the middle of the fucking opening mechanism, completely exposed and unarmored, volatile, and plugs into fucking nothing except the operators fucking spine

Just like everything in this game, the power armor took one step forward and three steps, and the lore step was right off a cliff

I haven't done a low(ish) STR run before in #1, should be f u n

>How many points in Repair
I cry every time

desu in the interest of honest criticism this guy reprogramming a """sentient""" creature to be his pet waifu is pretty dark as it is. The whole pregnancy thing is cartoon villain tier. It's a little much IMHO. He's evil, that much is clear. We get it.
Having to kill someone he forced to defend him and love him is still very morally grey and there's a lot to think about down that path. Could be nice to have some options linked to railroad (maybe non violent to her, have tinker restore her free will) or institute characters (reclaim that property). Keep the concept simple buff, this is some good stuff. I love the idea, but don't go over the top. Flesh out how it affects the characters more than adding more things. If you follow what I'm getting at. If you still think it's unclear, make sure she's got a "reprogramming slave collar" on or something.

>can barely wield anything more powerful then a pistol effectively till power armor
but once you get that armor youll be golden

I plan to get Tycho early on to help pull the slack

Do they even have female Courser voice lines?

Yeah I scrapped the baby thing because it was pretty dark.

I'm not sure if I'll flesh it out a lot since I'm not good at quests. I'm still trying to find a look for her right now.

I'm a bit conflicted about what to make her look like. At first I was kinda thinking "Pretty looking and cute" but can kick your ass, but then I started looking at more masculine yet still a little attractive. I dunno. I'm going through various NPCs in the game at the moment. The CK for some reason can't display eye and hair color properly but she was going to have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Do you faggots still play Fallout 3 and NV?

I never played it and I feel left out.

I still play NV all the time, but not really 3. I think I might play it again sometime soon just because it's been a while.

>I also wanted to make the female Courser sent after him to be pretty attractive
So a courser with tits like actual basketballs then, right, got it.

If you're after input, I think she should be attractive, but still clearly a tough person. It would be a nice juxtaposition that since he's basically turned a combat robot into a sex doll she might be in a nice dress or some light slutwear.. It will be a tough line to tread to show she's basically a killing machine in a sundress but I have confidence in your waifu game.

I'm not going to mess with the body, just pick a face I like.

I found this one particular settler that I think could work well for what I want.

>tfw Beth learned their lesson about the retarded doggo armor in 3 when it'd actually probably look decent on the new chassis

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11017/?

Yeah that's actually pretty damn good looking, they even put the goofy square boots on it.

>>tfw Beth learned their lesson about the retarded doggo armor in 3 when it'd actually probably look decent on the new chassis

I actually had a realization about the FO3 design a bit ago. It may actually not be that armor. It may be a redesign attempt of THIS armor.

And, per an interview relating to FO:T

>I would redo the sprite of the Power Armor to make it more retro. Not that there is anything technically wrong with the sprite, it's a great piece of art. It's just that it is a bit out of place in the Fallout Universe. But bear in mind that we had to design it over a year ago and Interplay approved everything we did. - Tony Oakden, producer of FOT

So... Bethesda may have done right. Not sure. I rarely get the opportunity to say Bethesda did something right.

For no real reason here's this

It's funny that the ugliest armor here is from NV.

It still boggles my fucking mind how people said it looked "fine" and "just like armor in Fallout 2".

Holy fucking shit.

Honestly the NV version looks like it was just thrown together by an intern overnight, it's just not well made.

it wasn;t a bad design but more hampered by the shit way power armor worked in that game

nevermind that the fan on the back of the nv enclave armor is dumb as fuck.

Honestly Fanguy the fan was the least offensive part of it.

I've got some stupid levels of OCD about power armors that are supposed to be air tight and well defended not being that way, so the fan set me off hardcore.

She ended up looking a bit more plain than I was expecting, but compared to Plas-man, whom I'll design as a stereotypical awkward 50s nerd with the thicc glasses, huge ears, huge nose, maybe also balding, she'll be a catch.

He'll be in his Power armor during the fight anyway. And when you get his HP down enough he'll have his own nerd rage perk go off.

don't make him look too comedic. he needs to be believable as a person or the immersion will feel off.

Any good mods for energy weapons? Or even just not real life guns slapped in fallout?

It's for overpressure.
If you can filter the air coming in, and maintain positive pressure you don't need a hermetic seal to keep contaminants out. It's been used in real AFV's since the 50's.

What is the point of those "ears"? At least the Hecatonchires type cyborg head's bunny ears have periscope cameras to peek around corners with.

>wattz laser rifle
>laser rcw
>plasma cycler
>laser cannon
>fusion gun
>holorifle(part of the china lake grenade launcher)

>ears
they're supposed to be horns m8(black devil power armor)