>CTR
>STi
>RS
>R
But in terms of what's best:
>RS
>CTR
>R
>STi (but bonus points for >actually being in Motorsport)

>econobox

I don't know about the rest, but the even the newer STIs are pretty terrible on gas. 400km/50l tank for my GC - just fuck my shit up.

>Golf R/WRX STI
>econobox
Choose one (1). "Econobox" usually means ECONOMICAL CHOICE.

Golf Rs/WRX STIs are are expensive, even used, and they're equally expensive to repair.

>Civic Type R

Weirdest looking car since the bugeye WRX, and what the current WRX should be. Gets points for being utterly ridiculous when it comes to styling. Has a nicer interior than RS/STI, is the lightest by a good 300lbs (I like that they stuck to 2WD), and is provably the fastest car around a track. Manual only is a nice, it keeps out the plebs. 1st place.

>RS

Second most suitably obnoxious, and fastest of the bunch in a straight line with endless amounts of torque. Manual only to deter normies, like the Type R. It's also a proper hatchback. If my Fiesta ST is any indication, the interior is kind of shit both aesthetically and in quality. I doubt I could push it hard enough to overheat, even on track, but some more peace of mind would be nice. 2nd place.

>WRX STI

Engine design is several decades old and the car doesn't seem to be getting any faster, only heavier. Not as boring to look at as the last gen at least. Interior quality is typical of Subaru, but at least the interior styling is nicer than the RS. I just get the feeling Subaru wasn't really trying with this car, and that a 22B from 1999 would outrun it on the same tires. 3rd place.

>Golf R

Indistinguishable from a base Golf aside from quad pipes, generally the most boring of the bunch. Haldex is a garbage AWD system, and is just heavy/less reliable FWD that launches better. I'm guessing it's pretty numb to drive based on my experience with every VW/Audi I've driven. At least the interior is quiet. 4th place.

>Econobox
>all cost over 30 grand

WRX is simultaneously best, worst and mediocre?

How should I know? I've never driven any of them and I probably never will.

>RS
>Type R
>the other two in subjective order

really the first two are subjective as well

I drive for a living, going from account to account every week. If the RS got better mpg I'd have bought one already. CTR looks too boy-racer for me. I hate the people who drive WRXs so I couldnt. Golf R is too expensive for what it is and haldex sucks

A45 AMG. Fastest, but also most expensive of the bunch.

1st focus rs
>awd
>responsive steering
>likes to slide
>rallycross cred
>best off road or in rain

2nd civic type r
>best on dry pavement
>Honda gearbox
>those seats r nice

3rd golf
>like most German cars = boring
>understeer for days
>vw badge, so hipster bait

4th sti
>fuck you subaru update your ancient engine already
>Subaru gearbox, so slip out of 3rd all the time
>weak ass Subaru head gaskets, so expect overheat
>slowest of the group
>back of car is almost as ugly as the civic back

Focus RS
Golf R
Civic TypeR
WRX STi

This thing looks weird and not in a good way. The CTR is silly, this is just... wrong. Also

>no manual on a hot hatch

Can you actually off-road an RS? Certainly not with those 19" wheels. If the brakes clear 17" I could see it.

What exactly do you mean with offroad? You can drive them in dirt for sure

Drive at a decent pace on a rough dirt/gravel trail without destroying your vehicle. Y'know, rallying.

>Civic Type R
>best

lmao FWD

Aesthetics
>Focus RS
>WRX STI
>Golf R
>Civic Type R
Performance
>Civic Type R
>Focus RS
>WRX STI
>Golf R
Quality Control
>Civic Type R
>WRX STI
>Focus RS
>Golf R
Daily-ability
>Golf R
>Focus RS
>WRX STI
>Civic Type R

1.Ferd
2 VW
3 Nipshit riceshit
4.Nipshit riceshit

I'd buy: RS, STI, CTR, R
rally: sti, rs, r, ctr
track: ctr, rs, sti, r

>STi
>head gasket issues
>transmission issues

Uhhh what? No ring land in newest batch except the couple that drive hard and their transmission is second to Honda on this list. The first batch of RS from 2016 fo early 2017 all had a weak headgasket that is factory recalled essentially and the reason a lot off people's orders were delayed for up to a year. You still have the true awd for 15 min for a track because the platform doesn't allow space for a fry cooling unit. Stock camber is not good for tracking either, makes the body rolling noticeable. If you live in a cold weather climate like new England, you find that there is an issue with the drive mode selection when it gets under -10C. I still love the rs for what it is and it's still amazing to drive but it does have a lot of issues for being touted as a hyper hatch. Your post is also as bench racer as it gets.