/domg/ - Dominions General

Actually making a thread before the old one drops off edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=HehNothingPersonnelKid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I made that game what I said I was going to make yesterday, please join. Everyone is welcome, even Malakal-san

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=HehNothingPersonnelKid

Please keep Summod and I might join. No bats would be a good idea. I'm trying to decide whether to pick a new nation or keep playing the same one until I win.

link to the old Malakal

joined as Berytos

gomen nasai senpai i will commit sudoku immediately

I've joined as C'tis.

Not ten posts in and already dead.

Oh right, we're waiting for a Mictlan sub. Yeah, I'll be on vacation until Tuesday, if we find a sub before then.

Circle admin here.
I'm a fat lazy American and fell asleep in my recliner in front of the TV until 2 in the morning. Game should be started now.

>another player gone for a week
>no one wants to sub mictlan or even set them AI
considering just ending this game to be honest my family

At wildlife sanctuaries, the loss of an eye is considered a sufficient disability to prevent the re-introduction of a raptor to the wild. This grizzled old bird was living in the wild, however, thanks in part to the fact that the squirrels in his area were fat and stupid.

Vanheim may need a sub player for clash. Contact Jude.

Is this a metaphor?

>needing eyes
Get on my level, I can use as many magic eye replacements as I want with no setbacks. I might actually use them for once now.

Allow me to clarify: if interested and not already playing in clash.

Fug you sum1

Stop being a badmin. People will drop, people will AI. Play the game until there is one define winner.

Forcing a game that most people don't give a shit about is also badminning.

How is clash going, anyway? Why is nobody blogging it or at least giving occasional updates? This should be the most covered game of the year, but instead we get hardly any information.

Ok. Want to set Mictlan AI for me?

Mostly because giving away info about your teams can be a problem if the enemies get it.
That's how everybody knows that RPGCodex has Steel ovens.

Do you guys test this stuff by manually playing both nations involved or is there a faster way?

Is Vastness as powerful as it seems?

No, it dies to pd easily.

pretty much, yeah

Does the damage reversal at all make up for the utter lack of protection?

If I were to graft on a copper arm, what would I put in that arm?

Your best shield. Or the one that let's you have awe.

Damage Reflection means that whatever is attacking it needs to make an MR check or fail to deal damage. That's pretty nice. If it's had Divine Name cast on it, then it also has S paths, so it can toss up an astral shield to make things paralyze themselves on it (but also adds magic duel vulnerability). If you order it to Fire, it will also spam S spells while it's mindblasting.

Its functionality as an SC really depends on what it's up against. Its limited slots means that it's harder to gear against specific enemy matchups, and its reliance on reflection and ethereal means that units with decent MR and magic weapons can chop it right up.

Against MA Ulm (just to give an example), I'd equip it with a a fire res ring and a regen ring. If kept way at the back, it will be out of range of ulmish evo and would basically die only to fire elementals. If the ulmishman reacts by having priests scripted to attack / iron blizzard, then you can swap out the fire res for an air shield item

fuck

Can I please, please, please get someone to set Mictlan AI?

Ulm can we talk in steam chat?

Someone please help our sadmin. Although it's not urgent, thanks to me ;)

Explain what to do and I'll do it. I have the time. Never played multiplayer or Mictlan before though.

No, everyone knows rpgcodex has steel ovens because they took them from rpgnet, who told everyone.

Rpgnet traitors and cowards need to be taught their place in the rpg world.

Give admin your email.
Turns are sent to your email

We knew about the province with steel ovens through our own channels.

t. other team

Rpgnet has a disciple maneater and vampire hero left in a besieged capital.

Dom4mods is down to a handful of territory-mostly just their capitals. They may have lost one.

Florida is sieged down. Lemurians are good at sniping holy SCs.

The Last Fantasy is down to land caps, but has most of the sea. Turns out that mattered less than certain people predicted.

Vanheim, Clockwork, Teamliquid, and toshidar are all doing ok.

Trow and codex are the game leaders.

>llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=HehNothingPersonnelKid

Joined as TNN. Requesting removal of Xibalba.

But what about our bois at /domg/?

Vastness is kind of weird. Sometimes it's amazing and sometimes it dies from running a tugboat into it.

They're also doing alright.

One of two teams with multiple caps.

Multiple other than their own, I assume?"

Glad to know our teams are doing okay, even if it would be better if it was /domg/ and /v/anheim as the leaders in my opinion. It's nice to see dom4mods and Florida get blown out since the former have an (undeserved, in my opinion) reputation as good players left over from Dom3, and the Florida guys just rub me the wrong way as individuals.

And TROW and Codex are both composed of good folks, from what little I know of them.

Hello, yes. I just need an e-mail

Here is my disquis:
YoyBoy#5823

Is temp 0 okay for a temp2 nation with no need for the temp okay?

So it's only good if the stars are right?

agreed. no bats, no daemon monkeys (without summod)

Are you willing to sub? Cause that would be ideal.

Are you saying there is no summod, or are you just saying that, hypothetically, if people didn't want to use summod you wouldn't allow bats or Lanka?

Domg has successfully sieged two caps. Vanheim is currently sieging two.

You're going 2 points the wrong way and it will still swing even more to the wrong way in winter or summer. Better just go temp3.

IMHO no.
going from temp2 to 3 is almost free points. going from temp2 to 0 is double the points, but a more than double price.
if your nation has temperature 2 native scales it means it's better off with that than anyone who is going to invade you.
cold3 and heat 3 can be quite protective against certain invasions.

[email protected]

Sorry for the edgy name but it'll do.

Yeah, I'll keep playing as long as I can hold out. I've never played multiplayer, never played this faction and haven't ran through a whole ton of full matches myself either but I am curious and think it will be fun.

no bats never
No Lanka without summod, I feel like sum1s priest Nerf puts them into normal range

Awesome. If you have any questions, Google is your friend, and people here aren't usually dicks unless you ask about something in the manual. Try to talk to the old player if you can. Good luck.

Don't listen to anything that the bats tell you

>broken.rotten.doll

Should I disable all of my mods before doing and sending in my turn?

I'm the guy who plays undead in every game that offers them.

It automatically handles the mods for you.

You are the new Mictlan. Godspeed

What version of summod are you guys using? The one I downloaded is missing something called a Snerdyn.

That's the map, not the mod.

Could I get a download for these missing files?

Nevermind, I've found it.

Honestly, I like you already

Ded

Christ already? I thought the yanks would be awake to post now.

Are javelin-ists considered archers for the attack/fire archers command?

Yes. Telling your javeliners in the second row to fire is pretty common. They'll throw javelins and will go melee when they're out of ammo.

I think he means for other dudes to target archers.

Ah. Dunno. TEST IT

Any interesting discreet spells ya'll like? I am enjoying foul vapors hardly discreet, but less prominent than EQ, and Resist poison :^).

I tried out freezing mist recently. Wasnt really impressed. Be better if it had a bigger radius.

farstrike

One of my noob mistakes 2 years ago was kitting a niefel jarl for arena combat. He defeated everything, but then it turned out that AI helheim sent a naked D3 Hangadrott who cast Hand of Death in melee. Jarl was dead in a single round.

farstrike is legit for killing big guys

Why not just cast earthpower/communion and spam gifts from heaven.

it was turn 15 and that province had earth elementals on it

precision

for killing a few big guys; gifts from heaven is worse

Not him, but farstrike is more precise. If you're fighting one enemy thug you might end up killing a lot more of your troops than the thug. But yea it's an obscure spell for a reason, in big battles GoH is superior.

prison of fire

I've recently started to like full fatigue spam - rigor mortis, grip of winter, heat from hell, etc all active in the same battle.

I need to try prison of fire spam + blood rain with marignon

grip of winter and heat from hell don't cancel each other?

nopers. they stack

>this battlefield is simultaneously too hot and too cold! Also, I appear to be on fire while numb.

Reminder that there could be two storms and rains at the battlefield at the same time.

I can accept it. It's like storm of temperatures.

Ghost Grip using TCs Masters

>this happens early game

Thanks RNGesus.

>take pretender with bring good fortune
>luck 3, turmoil 1, magic and growth 3
every good event in the world

Do you roleplay the Ascension Wars in roleplay games or just normal fucking around times?

you just roleplay. are you a pretender searching for the thrones, will you discover the thrones over time, are you focused on your nation and the whims of gods are none of your concern? maybe you dont want there to be another god so youre just planning to take the thrones and never allow anybody to sit on them. all depends on you friendo, thats why its role playing.

Is there a roleplay game about to start?

It depends.