Guilty Pleasures General

Brehs...

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/mazda/mx-5-miata/specs/2016/MX-5-Miata-Convertible/377322
caranddriver.com/fiat/500-500c-abarth/specs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

F-body Camaro of this year with this face-type.

I fucking hate all F-body cars. I don't know why. Everything about them just triggers me.

everyone one (1) out of five (5) thots at my campus drives one of this. Or a mini.

I'd still drive the shit out of them

the 500 abarth is mine too
that fucking engine note

I'm actually heavily considering buying an abarth

Are we the same person?

Fuck it, I love old pickup trucks no matter how much you hate them. Fight me.

I would've already bought one if I wasn't a poorfag.

Same here, especially Square body chevys.

The good thing about the abarth is they drop like rocks on resale. Dealers have an incredibly hard time selling them used so you can get them dirt cheap

gee whizz batman i wonder why

I've yet to find any known issues with reliability, some qc issues but nothing to stop it from working. It's just the >Fiat stigma

First car deal I even had exposure to was when my mom bought an Astro van new from the dealer. I was about ten at the time and I got my hands on the Camaro promo material. It was so great- I probably still have it in storage

And also perhaps it's afflicted by WRXitis... any hot model gets bought and abused most of its life by younger drivers who think they're the shit

you know i really want one
but i'll be honest
I can't buy a car that you know someone beat to shit for 2-3 years.

Even if it halves the cost of new one; I would rather just fork out 25k to fulfill this pleasure.

Hivemind

That's what I thought but you can find them for about 12k with like 20k miles. You can buy a really good aul contact for like 1200 bucks (at cost) for the car to cover you to about 100k

I'm just worried that there is enough damage done to it already that even with repairs I would just end up spending 25k.

kit kat your idea is decent but they will find every fucking reason not to honor repairs.

They put a scorpion on it for a reason, it has a beautiful deep engine note that pops when brought to higher RPMs. No one buys that car to drive it for long.
It is a 25k toy I am just going to have to eat because of my deep love for cincocientos and my personal connection to the symbolism of a scorpion.
I don't expect it to even last me long; I could baby a brand new one and still fuck it up because even though i'm in my mid 20s with fun small cars I still go "Watch this."

I'm surprised my 2.0T Beetle is as reliable as it has been at this point.

I sell aul contacts. As long as you don't mod it, it's actually the best service contract on the market. It's basically a factory bumper to bumper coverage, and includes things that no other service contract cover.

I'm not going to be naive and assume this will save my life, but I've been in the aul claims department and there quality is incredible. They're not the cheapest coverage, but you get what you pay for.

Interesting; thanks for the info.
I'm still debating how the best way for me to get my hands on this car is.

My girlfriend isn't thrilled of me owning two small two door cars that only exist to go fast and she is incapable of driving but fuck it.
If my grandfather in Madrid could fit 5 little shits and a wife into a SEAT 600 I can drive a FIAT 500 Abarth in peace.

Same.

Can she drive her car? Tell her to get a sensible car or buy you one lol.

In all honesty you could pass it off as "economical." Yeah, read the reviews on aul they're pretty damn good.

I enjoy mine

kit kat is your truck the one named Clifford?

She can drive her Toyota Corolla fine but obviously we run into issues sometimes if I drive without thinking when we go out then I get hammered....

Pretty sure one night it took 30 minutes to go 3 miles in 1st gear.... I was too drunk to remember but the car felt a little sluggish the next morning.

Top fucking kek.

And yeah.

It's slow, it's gay.
>"performance" model
>it's slow
Lmao 2bh

Recently I've started falling in love with older Saab's like the 99, 900, Sonett, etc. I can't explain why though...there's just something about them that just draws me in.

Yeah you would know about slow and gay

I live in a college town;
really great place for old Saabs, volvos, benz.

Love the 900

A fiat owner would know better than me

Old Volvo boxes. I miss the hell out of mine. Managed to kill it...

I see the same 1st generation 900 cruising around my area sometimes on top of some occasional 9-3's I spot. My neighbor's had a Lynx Yellow 9-3 cabriolet for several years but traded it in when they got their V6 Mustang (which they just traded in a month ago for an M4 cabriolet).

*spin out in-front of a cliff intensifies*

BTFO

FURFAG WONT RECOVER

talking from experience?

#REKT

No, I don't own a cuck car (fiat)

Thats because in order to be a cuck, you would need a human partner who cheated on you kek

?
You can own a cuck car without being a technical cuck, all you have to do is drive a fiat

>a technical cuck
Well I guess, monogamy isn't actually a common thing between the animals you rape kek

Got mine with 1 previous owner and 11,500 miles for 14k. Fun little car, makes me smile every time I turn the key.

How many miles are on it now? have you driven it through a winter yet?

Literally just bought it a week ago, so no winter yet. Still got the Pirelli Zeroes on it though so I'd need something new for winter. Though I'm moving to Florida so snow isn't a huge concern.

you probably don't need to change tires if you move to florida.

fuck I want one.

It's definitely a fun ride. Just gotta remember that it's an econobox with better suspension and a turbo stuffed under the hood, still got a cheap rattley interior and noisy ride. As long as that's what you're expecting when you get it, it won't disappoint. Besides, if the noise bothers you, you can always turn up the radio or roll the windows down and hit the throttle for that juicy exhaust note.

I daily a 60's ford pickup and a motorcycle when there's no snow on the ground, I can deal with noise. They do sound absolutely excellent though.

Miatas...

I know know their gay

But godamn their so much fun to drive especially down hill going fast!!!!

It's the same with my Abarth. It's not really "fast" per se, but when I go home to visit family I used to just stick to the interstate the whole way. Now I almost always detour through the mountain road just for the fun of it, even though it takes longer.
>driving a slow car fast yadda yadda
Fucking sweet truck mate. I've been working on an old 48 for the past ten years or so. It'll be done eventually I guess, but for now it's fun to just take up the road and back.

nice fucking paint. Damn that looks killer. You have a flathead in there?

how does it do cruising on the highway?

Yeah it's the old 239 flathead, still runs good. It's an F-3 with the stock 4 speed non-synchro and tractor tier gear ratios, so the highest I've felt comfortable taking it is 55. Even then, the bias ply tires like to wander, but it's manageable.
Also the paint was done up by a guy down the road named Woody, who works out of his garage booth. He's got a few old trucks of his own so he came highly recommended.

I don't get what you people like about these. They're funny looking little shits, and they're pigfat as hell. Seriously, that shit weighs more than the new miata! Fucking how?!?!?

It's also slow as shit. If you want a muh handlin hatchback get a JCW mini.

>regular A4 of the same year commonly driven by cunts and poorfags who think they're hot shit because they drive an Audi
>front half is mechanically identical to a Passat of the same year
>S4 turbos tend to blow at 100k
>entire front has to be removed to change timing belt
>heavy iron engine block ahead of the front axle, resulting in tons and tons of understeer
>VAG electronics
And none of this is enough to stop me from wanting one.

take the train
it's fast
and manly

fwd amerishit built for the euro market, but there was one for sale once for £600 in essex and i was 99% going to buy it but the insurance, fuck me they wanted £1500 to insure it.

Was it RHD? 1500/year?

For 20k new, you can drive a car that handles fairly well, sounds great and gets ok mileage. It also has a full interior, full turbo system and is twice as tall as a Miata. 2500 isn't bad at all.

Nice. It looks excellent. I need to find a dude to so the paint on my truck

>For 20k new, you can drive a car that handles fairly well, sounds great and gets ok mileage
>handles "well"
>"sounds great (subjective)
>"ok" mileage
We get it, it's meh tier at everything except for one area, sound, an area based completely off preference and subjectivity
AKA it's a shit fucking car that you keep propping up as being good while it isn't
It's pigfat, it's goofy looking as fuck, it's slow, it's a fiat so it's gonna break down more than basically any other car (fiat and dodge both rank at rock bottom on reliability studies)
Stop memeing this car, stop it.

>literally "stop liking what I don't like"

No, it's "stop liking mediocre shitty heavy cars that are slow"

Sperg more :^)

Sounds an awful lot like "stop liking what I don't like" to me.
You don't like the 500 Abarth.
Other people do.
Get the fuck over it.

>people like bad cars
Yeah, people bought PT cruisers, people make poor decisions all the time, buying one of these cars would be a poor decision.

People think it's a fun car. Basically every single person who's driven one says the same thing, that it's fucking hilarious to drive.
But no, a furry tripfag on the car section of an anonymous imageboard says it's bad therefore no one should buy it.

I love driving this car and I don't care that it's shit. Manual makes it fun

Good taste

Go ahead and pay out the ass for a slow heavy car that is extremely likely to break prematurely lmfao

I know in your ideal world everyone would own a shitbox Festiva with a BP-T swap and an LS swapped Volvo, but not everyone likes the same things. Stop acting like you're some kind of authority figure on everything car-related, it makes you come off as a massive cunt.

You don't have to buy either of those things, buy a fuckin miata, it's lighter and handles better and somehow isn't as gay, as well as being more reliable
Buying a fiat is just a bad fucking choice, basically the worst choice one could make.

>Go ahead and pay out the ass
>20-25k new, 13k used
I knew you were poor, but not that poor.

>J.D. Power
>accurate judgement of mechanical reliability
If that's my perogative then why not. This is a guilty pleasure thread is it not?

if you drive a fiat, your guilty pleasure is cock not a car

Not an argument

Then why don't you drive a Fiat?

sup molymeme
Because I'm not a cockmongler

Oh right, the pleasure you get from dick isn't even guilty anymore.
Carry on.

Put some furry ears on it and he might reconsider

>know nothing
I know more than you lol
stay btfo

>2500lb

That is so fucking light by modern car standards it's not even funny. A Fiesta ST and BRZ/GT86 are both 200lb heavier, and those themselves are already extremely light by modern """sporty""" car standards. Even a new Mini Cooper S is over 200lb heavier.

Yes the Miata is like 100lb lighter, which is extremely impressive and kudo's to Mazda, but that's really the only new """sporty""" car out there that manages to be lighter. At least in the US, I don't know what other options you yuro guys have.

Also friendly reminder the 500 Abarth is literally the closest thing the US will EVER get to a Honda City Turbo.

heh, i showed them.....

This is actually me after I win an argument

well arentcha a nice person i bet you are loved very much

So just buy a Miata
Lighter, much more reliable, at least just as fun, not wrong-wheel-drive, equally gay if you care about that
There's objectively no reason to buy a Fiat

I love the Miata, but I'd rather have the Abarth for the practicality of a hatch, a hardtop, that sound, and those funky looks.

lol

>I know a lot about cars, that's why I almost died sperging in my shitty volvo

>pretty comfy thread, good discussion of fun cars and old trucks
>tripfag arrives to shit on people's pleasures
>gets btfo

Aren't Volvo's fwd? How the fuck does he manage to spin out in that?

Old Volvo's where rwd

>mcrummy
>not getting btfo every time

pick one

Fug, I love Tigras

How does me spinning out mean I don't know anything about cars?
Nope, RWD, swapped in a ford axle too fur that LSD and power handling
How did I get btfo? open your fuckin eyes, or scoop the cum out of them if you happen to own a fiat

and 2 extra seats

That's one cute car, user.
This. I like hatchbacks, I like having the extra room if I really need to bring a couple more people. Not to say two seat roadsters don't make my mouth water too.
Nobody's really agreeing with you here mate. We just like the car is all. Yes there are more practical options out there, but it's a fun little thing nonetheless.

>full turbo system
I don't see how you consider this a benefit. It needs a turbo to not be slower than a 4 cylinder accord.

>2500 isn't bad at all
Are you fucking kidding me? Have you seen it next to a new miata? How the FUCK does it weight 200lbs more?

>Nobody's really agreeing with you here mate.
?

Step sides

>Have you seen it next to a new miata? How the FUCK does it weight 200lbs more?
This 2bh, it should weigh 200lbs less, not more.
Actually it should weigh like 500lbs less considering the size difference

Absolutely tasty

I hate that you're agreeing with me because you're pure fucking cancer. But facts are facts.

The new miata is 10" longer, 4" wider, has 3/4" of extra track width, a bigger fuel tank, a bigger engine, is RWD and is a convertible, yet it weighs almost exactly 200lbs less than the Fiat 500 Abarth which is only larger in height, and has a smaller (inherently lighter!) FWD powertrain. The 500 abarth is downright puzzlingly heavy. The miata is longer, wider, has a bigger engine, fuel tank, and heavier type of drivetrain, it should be the heavier car.

caranddriver.com/mazda/mx-5-miata/specs/2016/MX-5-Miata-Convertible/377322
caranddriver.com/fiat/500-500c-abarth/specs

The fiat 500 is the purest definition of model bloat in the automotive world. Compare it to the classic and it has bloated more than even the Honda Civic.