/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here!

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmos.com/gamelist

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation: ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread: graveyard tags: mabinogi, wakfu, dfo, maplestory, ragnarok, vindictus, runescape

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/zfjVb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have a good day.

Thanks for fixing the OP.

Lodoss War Veeky Forums channel, password is 4444.

Who gzak (gayzak)

>runescape
doesn't runescape have two separate generals, maybe three?

Oh you're right. I'll remove it on next OP. I was just putting any mmo that have a general but already dead for easier search on catalog

>can't out DPS a scout
Well yeah they're an utility class. Scout is a pure damage class. What fucking sense would it make if they could? And it's too early to say if they can or can't.

Our main monk has also been acting as sort of an offtank. He doesn't have aggro tools but he's quite tough and has a pull/grab ability that's quite useful.

>growth for priest
I think our priests have been doing like life, mana and mana regen.

Afaik most things affecting monsters in adventure points only work if you get the last hit.

The higher your growth is the less you can get per day.

It's starting to look like getting extra gold monster spawn rate for damage dealers that are likely to last hit in group greatly boosts the rate of golds we find.

They are sort of like your talent/specialization. Though you can change it out of combat. They change how some skills act and sometimes give you extra buffs and shit. Also they kinda determine your rotation.

Adventure points come from your daily/weekly association quests, gold monsters and exploration dungeons. And some regular quests I think.

You can't really mess it up that early. It's only a few points. That is autism minmax level if you think that you need to reset/reroll for that.

Some of us are in Murim which is probably the highest level guild on the server right now and I think we also have the highest level players. You're welcome to join. You can try whispering like Monk, Siwone or Jinim ingame for an invite. If they don't answer then you can reply to me and I'll try to hook you up.

Priest has skills to give MP to other players. You can get some free mana crystals by opening Aria's Report panel on the bottom bar (the girl's face icon) and clicking through her tutorial tips. And I think at level 30 you can buy them off your class trainer.

How's the survivability of the Monk? Pretend you have no healer or they logged off, would the heal be enough to keep them going?

>The higher your growth is the less you can get per day.
What I'm asking is if I have a growth level of 99 and a new day start will it be harder to get the first level (since I'm already level 99) or would it be the same even if I was growth level 1?

I'm trying to add you user, but apparently you are afk. I'll try for a few more minutes before disconnecting.

is lodoss p2w at all?
is it fun

with all my honesty playing niche MMO's: Is going to die in a few months. It have way too many flaws to endure the market.

There are costumes that gives 50% damage to enemies.
You can buy them from other players, although I haven't seen one in the market at all.

No, it's not fun. Dungeons are linear. Combat is boring and stale. You'll find yourself tabbing out of the game during combat since there's really nothing to press. Using skills is a waste since you can't buy MP potions and even if you ran out of MP you'll be resting and tabbing out anyways.

I personally did not like the game at all. It was laggy and seemed really boring to me. I only gave it like half an hour though.

I hate to say it, but I preferred ToS to Lodoss.

Is there already a Warlock here in Veeky Forums? I might start one.

I made one.
I also have Priest, Monk and Templar.
Go make the DPS class or the other class for Esquire.

Some classes have more interesting rotations and your Chain skills usually change how you deal damage.

It's a generic point and click mmo combat style. I don't think any game of this type has had any more exciting combat than this.

P opens up a Party Matching window that usually has at least a few parties on it. Even if they're full you can sign up as a person who wants to join and they might invite you when they get a slot. If they have a slot you might also want to whisper the leader because he might not notice right away.

>I think our priests have been doing like life, mana and mana regen.

Our Monk and Priests are quite tanky in general which have let us grind without a tank and also survive a bunch of surprise DCs. They aren't tanky enough to tank bosses or anything like that. Grinding party without a tank will work if you're pulling monsters one by one and have other tanky dudes like this. I don't know what our monk did with his growth.

I think it might get harder to get a single level but I'm not sure. Capping out daily at level30+ and growth over 70 is still easy.

There's some p2w elements. Mainly timed buff items you can buy that boost xp or some other stats. Combat stat buffers only last 3min though. I haven't been bothered by what's in the cash shop but you might. Check it for yourself.

Hmm.. I'll play a shitty Sorc then.

>Is going to die in a few months
It's still going in Japan and Korea. If they fix the problems with the international release then it has the potential to stick around.

I'm personally enjoying it a lot. The solo experience is quite bad and exploration dungeons have been terrible so far but the grinding with a party has been really enjoyable to me. I've also been enjoying both Warlock though their dots don't stack with other warlocks which sucks and Sorcerer in combat. Having nothing to press sounds like a low level problem. Running out of mana is kinda the game's design. Mana is actually a resource that you have to mind and parties have ways to deal with it.

>I hate to say it, but I preferred ToS to Lodoss.
ToS definitely had a more exciting solo experience and the action combat was great up to the point where every skill had a massive cooldown.

To me it feels like Lodoss was designed as a party experience and ToS was designed as a modern MMO quest hub faggotry.

Warlock DoTs don't stack with other Warlock's DoTs so it's quite bad to have 2 in a party. There's also quite a few Warlocks around.

Knights and Scouts are great dps. Monks are more like an utility dps. Sorcerers are a burst dps. Not sure about Thief.

How long does it take to delete a character?
I hate my class and I want my name back.

two weeks

Well, that sucks.

>Vindictus is literally ded and Nexon is still doing their best to milk the remaining whales
>Tera a boring shit and they're actually trying to stall people coming back to check out Valk by lengthening their leveling time
>BnS is just diamond elo boosters shitting on golds in arena
>tfw ^>v

>Tera a boring shit and they're actually trying to stall people coming back to check out Valk by lengthening their leveling time
How didn't they make it harder to level?

They just increased boss HP by a shitton. Saw a post saying that they 2-manned BOL (the first dungeon) and literally took 20 mins to down 1 boss.

I heard you can get cash shop currency by doing quests in Lodoss. Is that true?

Just need to 5man it then. With relic weapons you could take down bosses in a matter of seconds.

Seriously why play MMO?

I literally soloed the 2nd dungeon in 15 minutes with a Valk. Either EU didn't get those boss HP buffs or you guys are full of shit.

More like 5 mins, they also reduced the effectiveness of relic weaps iirc

Because I already grouped and did the slow leveling bullshit 5 years ago when I first played this game? Because I've leveled every single class in the game to 65 already and just want to dick around with a new class?

uhmm... i uhh... i ERP

Haven't seen quests like that yet but I also haven't really been questing since level 20 something and I'm 33 now.

Go back to /terag/ ya dummy.

You're not entitled to that. They actually did a good job bringing back group play below level 65. Reaching level cap in a day and putting all the content after reaching a level cap is stupid. Maybe they finally realize that and make leveling fun again.

what role user?

Relic weapon was a mistake

female tsundere thief/assasin who's jealous of priests because all the big beefy knights prefer her over me.

They made getting weapons in dungeons a joke. No idea why they added them desu.

>Reaching level cap in a day and putting all the content after reaching a level cap is stupid.
Yeah that's why they're giving out a title for people that hit cap within 24hrs on Valk, makes sense

>Maybe they finally realize that and make leveling fun again.
Fuck off, slow ass leveling is boring as shit. There's no difficulty at all, it's just giant punching bags all over the place and you can literally afk and go make dinner while your team is fighting a boss. Anyone who actually prefers this playstyle is shit at vidya gaems.

>want super fast leveling
>probably plays on 90000000000x private servers
Yeah, fuck off you casual scum.

That's the problem with tera, the world isn't interesting you you're stuck with grinding dungeon. Ironically tos is better at leveling, limited dungeon entries mean you're forced to grind outside or do quest.

I always find leveling the best part of Tera. When you get to 65 you don't have anything to do now that they killed pvp/alliance.

Can we all post stories in MMOs about server wide glitch exploiting, ban waves, and chaos erupting in general?

I saw a post last thread about a bunch of people getting banned for abusing a bug to get money in Wildstar, this sort of thing is really interesting to read about, even if I've never played the game.

>skipping through irrelevant content is casual
WEW
nigga I'm pretty sure I've spent more time leveling in various MMOs than you.

World stopped being interesting the 2nd time around. I'm not even going to go into the shitty reused models that BHS loves to place everywhere.

That's why I usually quit after hitting cap, but after doing a couple of dungeons. Leveling gets boring after the 8th time you do it, but it's still bearable because you're unlocking new skills and shit.

>nigga I'm pretty sure I've spent more time leveling in various MMOs than you.
Sure, dear. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Thanks for admitting defeat, faggot.

k

Neverwinter was a flaming pile of dumpster fire
>foundry gets exploited for fast leveling/gold
>dungeons get exploited due to falling mechanic
>people just grouped mobs together and shove them over cliffs and they all die
>AH gets exploited because someone discovered that you can bid negative money, so people ended up becoming trillionaires overnight
>they ended up using that money to purchase astral diamonds, which was the cash shop currency
>economy dies overnight
That's when I quit the game

What do you think of TESO? It's free for a few days and on sale for 10 bucks

not good

It seems to be "free for a few days" like every month.

Care to explain why? I always refrain from playing it since release because
>70gb download

>buy gw2 on sale
>next month they release hot and make the base game f2p
I don't want to experience this feeling again

i played eso until lvl 30 or 40? whenever you can do your first instanced dungeon with a party and it was not enjoyable, dropped it after that. i think that was 10 hours or so into the game

>AH gets exploited because someone discovered that you can bid negative money
how in the world did they knowingly code that into the game?

>knowingly
they didn't

It's just an oversight. They should've either used an unsigned int (instead of signed) or just do checks to the input to ensure it's positive.

>all that Tera talk has made me want to update and play the game again
>go to /terag/
>it's still all pedoshit
Am I making a mistake?

Why do you look so ugly?

Watch out! That creature is the most powerful monster of the temple of time!

Actually, not anymore.

In Tree of Savior, near the end of the beta people found out about an oversight where you could write new keybindings to their keybindings .lua file and you could assign whatever functions you wanted to those keybindings. So you could do shit like start a quest remotely, teleport, repair and so on. All things that you normally would only have access to by doing it in game as it was meant to be done.

This shit resurfaced a few months into launch as a hack and as far as I know it's still happening in some form or other.

And people still happily play the game.

Don't do it

I can't help it, I was born this way.

Vindictus

>New content comes out
>People were noticing when they tried to enhance a weapon above +10 and it failed the weapon wasn't deleted like it was supposed to be
>All gear had a 50% chance of being bugged in this way that would let you keep your item
>Kept retrying and with no penalties got to the maximum of +15, which is worth a shit ton of gold
>Over the next few hours half the server was doing this and getting their +15s
>To top it all off, when an item is deleted from a failed enhancement, it gives you half of the required materials to craft it, so now people have around 50+ of these rare drops in their inventory

The server had to shut down that evening for emergency unscheduled maintenance due to this bug.
The aftermath:
>All bugged +15s were deleted
>Everyone who exploited this bug were given a slap on the wrist, 7 day bans for minor offenses and 30 day bans for those who abused it heavily
>All of the rare drops from failed enhances were untouched, so people who had their +15s taken away still had billions of gold worth of materials to sell
>Nexon literally too incompetent for a server rollback

It's not like ToS leveling is any more interesting than Tera. You simply have to do it because there's no way you'll ever level up without using xp cards from quests.

Tera and a lot of other MMOs don't realize that a railroaded questing experience is only decent one time through. It gets fucking tedious on the second time in every fucking game that goes with that structure.

Making alts in games like RO or SWG was a lot more interesting since they left the choice of how to level up to the player. Even if people grinded in the 'best' places in RO it was still a lot more fun than going through the exact same questing for the nth time. SWG was even better because classes had some of their own xp objectives they needed to do to level up and it wasn't always as simple as kill shit to level up.

Simply don't play with /terag/ or pedoshitters. The combat makes Tera worth returning to every once in a while.

>rollback
Hell no. That's a big fuck you for the rest of the playerbase. They're not that incompetent like private server publisher ankama

>Run Vindictus
>IP have been blocked
>check site - my country is in block list

How? I don't play on EU servers but I heard they blocked slavs about a year after it launched there, but anyone that had already created an account wouldn't be affected.

Was this just recently you tried to log in?

>Care to explain why?

Going to second this. I've been seeing a lot of praise for ESO most places since the One Tamriel update.

>Even if people grinded in the 'best' places in RO it was still a lot more fun than going through the exact same questing for the nth time
This. But I think you fail to see the reason why it was so:

It was because you chose that path.

You chose where and how you would level, while these days games will make any path that isn't The Right Way™ simply dozens of times slower than whatever it is they think you should be doing instead.

The end result is a gaming experience that absolutely sucks until you get to max level and then rather than try and fix it, they just make it take longer in response to people doing whatever they can to just get through it ASAP.

I mean, leveling in RO was shit. It was pure shit. But at least you had control over where you wanted to level and if you felt like it you could also level in a somewhat slower way, or maybe you could get a group and go elsewhere to do it faster. Sometimes you'd even have multiple, equally valid places to level up!

The only good thing about leveling in modern MMOs is that at least the suffering doesn't last too long...

Blocked since the launch. No free year for slavs.

what's the mmog discord?

Alright, I started playing with a Ninja in a low rates RO server without 3rd jobs.

Already 99/70. What kind of stuff I should be looking for if there's no custom shits?

Check in game

Just gear up or something.

>It was because you chose that path.
Yeah that was kinda my whole point so I guess I was agreeing with you.

>I mean, leveling in RO was shit. It was pure shit.
I'd disagree on that but let's not go deeper into it.

>But at least you had control over where you wanted to level
>and if you felt like it you could also level in a somewhat slower way, or maybe you could get a group and go elsewhere to do it faster.
>Sometimes you'd even have multiple, equally valid places to level up!
RO was great with how the race, size and elemental modifiers worked. It meant that you could always farm somewhere inefficient to make your future farm possible/efficient because you could make gear for a specific grinding purpose.

And in the case of MMORPGs that freedom of choice is thousands of times better than a railroaded wannabe singleplayer experience. Because ultimately MMORPGs are supposed to be about freedom of choice in a fantasy world.

It depends on what kind of Ninja you built. If it's a Magic Ninja you probably want to get some +dex gear and your standard PvP gear. Baserald is a good starting dagger for a Magic Ninja IIRC.

who wants to start new characters in an mmo we haven't played together?

im so fucking bored losing my mind

Play NovaRO with me!

The game used to be a hot dumpster fire and they spent 2 years fixing it. The content they have added over the last year has been great, I'd say it;s for sure worth trying out.

GMS2 when? archive.fo/zfjVb

Play Wakfu user.

but did you play RO before?

Play Lodoss after the server maintenance tonight.

>just want to go home and level my valk
>stuck at work doing all the nothing on my desk while shitposting

how am I still employed

Krosmaga is out on Steam. They are giving out a free pedestal for it. There are card achievements apparently. Shame they aren't for the game though, just Steam e-penis.

Gloria victis.

What about the end game weapon?

I already got an Asura [3], and currently farming for drops cards. Not sure if that's a good weapon to add the Drops cards.

not interested in both sorry

why are you blushing user

No!

Tera's leveling is about the best a theme park mmo could do. The first run is doing the story, then if your next alt is a tank/healer, you can level just with dungeons, and if you are a dps, you can level through a combination of dungeons and bams/mobs.

It's a game where the combat is very well done, but the other areas of the game are lacking. I usually play for a couple of weeks after a new class or a class revamp. There just isn't another mmo out there where I can get into for a sustained period of time.

Maybe if the game is (finally) optimized with the console release and they fix other aspects of the game (no housing, useless crafting, dead pvp, etc.), it can gain population instead of slowly wasting away. But considering how games like Wildstar just died, it's impressive that Tera has lasted so long.

It's not impressive at all. It's an ERP haven. Of course it'll survive.

Wildstar, meanwhile, has a shitty art direction so the end result is that most of the porn is about fat Chuas, so it's not for everyone.

I like the wildstar art style but it's very devisive, though I will say for how cartoony it is they overdesigned the SHIT out of everything. Up close it looks great, pan out and it's kind of a mess.

It also has, bar none, the best ERP enviroment. Private housing fully customizable, easily available, best costuming system, and a generous chat limit.

But yeah, because the style doesn't scream honey select like B&S or TERA it's only popular for those who can put porn+cartoons together, so mostly the rats. And some Aurin.

I hate how plastic shit looks in Tera and B&S.

>be tired to death of FFXIV,WoW and GW2
>go looking for free mmos
>remember they are all p2w garbage
>feel conflicted
>end up playing nothing, and feeling miserable
>all this free time im having and nothing to spend it on

How about a singleplayer game? Like NWN2

Not him but I have terrible ADD and the only thing that can ever hold my attention long enough to finish something is a MMO. You can never finish a MMO and that is why it has me.