freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/n9y6x2
godotengine.org/article/godot-30-progress-report-6
github.com/godotengine/godot/issues?utf8=✓&q=milestone:3.0 label:enhancement
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>made a new thread an hour early
>it's not even linked yet in the live thread
WTF are you doing OP? If this is some stealth "me first" shit you should really consider kys.

1st for salty man children arguing over game design instead of, you know, designing and working on their games.

I wanted to have it here ahead of time

Delete it and make a new one properly (linking previous thread) when the previous thread needs to die, or just let someone else do it.

Yeah I know. So consider kys.

Not going to happen. This will be the next thread.

its just a thread

Link to loli jam?

current jam

itch.io/jam/agdg-gelatinous-cube-jam

madman

itch.io/jam/agdg-loli-jam-2017

Would a celeron with 4GB of RAM be useful for anything?
So far I know it runs Visual Studio just fine. But that's only for college projects so it's pretty small.
I already have a desktop at home. I'm just looking for something cheap + portable.

Or am I completely fucked? Would be mainly for c# or Java

This is why no one wants their game associated with AGDG. baka.

Just to add, I'd probably just be learning game maker for a while. I just need something light that is good for college but would like something that'll teach me something about game dev

they asked, I answered

If they're normies they don't belong here in the first place

Should be decent enough for GM

If I'm making a gaiaonline clone can I post here my friends?

Only if your friends are grills

>I'm just looking for something cheap + portable.
get a used thinkpad
my x220 was less than $200 and it has 8gb ram and an i5

Nearly done with Pyros' portrait for Metanoia: TS.

Given that both Yooka-Laylee AND Bayonetta released yesterday on PC, it's pretty incredible I've gotten anything done at all.

Started implementing menus, though, and it's coming along smoothly. All of the text and button icons are placeholders right now, I just want the main logic implemented correctly and then I can design some graphics for it later on. The big thing was making the system expandable; the worst thing about Mayhem League's menus was that there was no easy iterative way to slot elements in, every button's connection to every other button had to be manually specified because I wasn't using UMG's Navigation systems.

So, now we're using Navigation. It's a little hacky at places, but it's functional. Buttons can specify any arbitrary widget (with the intent being other menus) to direct the player to, or perform a few other specific tasks (unpause, exit the level, quit to desktop, start a new save game, or load an existing save game). The "Level Progress" indicator actually uses the save game state to populate itself (it knows which levels there is saved data for, and it generates an entry automatically based on how many it finds). It will also be able to look into the level's saved data to populate the count fields, but right now this is just placeholder text.

Also, making a small change to the structure of Dixie. Originally, you collected either full Power Cores, or small Power Core Shards, and accumulating 20 shards would net you a full core. NPC quests and such were intended to yield lump-sum quantities of shards.

I decided this places way too little emphasis on NPC quests (or leaves you with very few in-world collectibles, which I think are super necessary), so now NPC quests will yield "Core Husks", which are basically empty Power Cores. You now need to have one husk, PLUS the 20 shards that fill it, to synthesize a full Power Core.

Your anatomy is shit.

Looks more than good enough for at least 100 tumblr notes

Nice Bayonetta clone.

My record on Tumblr so far is 8 interactions on anything related to the game. I'd be happy to get 10.

I'm sorry, user, but the thumbnail looks like a dragon dildo.

Game looks great, as usual.

Really wish I didn't hate the character so much.

Not sure how you're getting that from a pause menu, but thanks!

You could get a thousand and your anatomy would still be shit.

>implying subliminally attracting the rich dragon dildo crowd isn't a plus

I added some depths to the trees, also there's player knockback and damage now! Also some other minor fixes with hit boxes

That tree in front of the camera is incredibly annoying.

The bullets are being drawn behind the background tree.

is there anything already built into UE4 to do tweening in the menus easily like that?

In other news: Water discovered to be wet, agdg still full of shitposts, and I'm not the user you're responding to.

Found this. poal.me/n9y6x2
What's the story? What happened?

>I'm not the user you're responding to
I've noticed this and "where's your game" are the first line of defense when shitty devs get a dose of reality.

He makes overly long and detailed videos about random shit and whining instead of working on the game, it's also very likely that he will drop his hugely ambitious project and weeb nerds all over the world will stampede over his home.

How do you handle neighbor aware tiles which can change at runtime? Do you just re-calculate all the indexes around the changed tile with the new value?

No. That's all animated manually with widget animations. There's actually a lot of hacky shit going on to make those transitions work; a lot of "trigger animation, delay, destroy widget, create widget, trigger animation" work.

The level stat readout is actually a single tab widget where I slide it off screen to the left, snap it instantaneously to the right, update its displayed child, and slide it back in.

You can feel free to believe that if you like. is still not my post.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm offended by you calling my anatomy shit and think I'm still offended after I replied to you stating that yes, I'm aware my anatomy is shit.

Did you really need to ask? Obviously.

What do you mean? TinyBuild hired him. He leads the team. The very tl;dr version is this: even idea guys can make it, if the game has cute females and you can shill enough.

Where's your game? I'm not the user you're responding to by the way.

I see
I wonder if maybe there is something in the marketplace to make things easy.
There is probably a template menu at least!

If tiles changes, tell neighbors to re-calculate.

Damn. I still have your opening title as a background, yet I still haven't tried out your game. Sorry, user.

Ok thanks.

I'm not offended but you need to learn not to pretend to be someone else defending you when they tell you your art is garbage since you've just permanently damaged your reputation here by pulling that stunt.

R
WHEN

The animations themselves aren't particularly complex; just some simple transform and stretch keying on the layout container.

>agdg
>reputation
You wot

you're annoying

That's alright. There's been a lot of big changes since then (for the better I'm hoping) to the story and whatnot. I'm considering just smashing the 'it's a VN now' button and culling the adventure-y bits now that I'm looking at what the new story is demanding in work.

Regardless, the overall story and characters have improved in my mind - should be a stronger game for it though it'll require me to throw out or rearrange a bunch of the work I've done so far.

There's no proof I could offer that I'm not that user that you would accept anyway. Webpages are easy to edit.

I wouldn't be surprised to find some after the game comes out. Before then I think you'll have to supply your own r34 of her.

itch.io/jam/agdg-gelatinous-cube-jam

what is that black object covering her right nipple ?

I know this is just a dumb bait but still...

I'm not the user you're responding to by the way.

pretty interesting stuff.

Added dialogue and dynamic render order sorting.

Am I retarded or what?
For some reason the first button I spawn says 'Level 0' like it should but when I click on it and print lvlID to console, it says 2. Why is this happening?

Why even have a level select screen if you can't replay completed levels?

what engine are you using?

I misnamed that boolean and forgot to change it, it's supposed to be 'unlocked' or something.

It's been a while since I've been in these threads, I don't recognize any of the projects in this thread or the last. Where did everybody go?

Either way, here's a game about dreaming I'm working on.

So you can see how much progress you've made already and you can be proud of yourself how far you've come.

Everyone with talent left a long time ago. All that remains are a bunch of nodevs and idea guys.

Unity.

Which one are you?

anybody actually making a game with godot here? i'm starting to like it

devs cycle every few months as people give up projects and start new ones.

me

You should ask yourself that.

I already made a game with it.

Made some edits to the work-in-progress run sprite I posted last night. Added two frames and gave it more vertical motion. Thanks for the suggestions!

I like the 2d shadow occluder thing. Looks pretty nice. The particle system is shit compared to Unity's though.

I'm making a breakout clone in it to get my feet wet. Really liking it so far.

It has a new particle system in 3.0

Wow fuck me I posted the old one. Here's the new one

Ok I tested a bit and apparently it prints out lvlID as i's biggest value. In other words, if there are 6 levels, every button will print out '6'.
Still not sure why this is happening or how to fix it though.

Help pls?

peter pan containment general

>The particle system is shit compared to Unity's though.
How is that even possible?

i'm using it

Is there a list of new things coming in Godot 3.0 somewhere? I can't find it.

>actually making a game with godot
not really, but i have played around with it.
for an open source project with a very permissive license it seems pretty damn solid.

they mention improving the particle system in 3.0 here godotengine.org/article/godot-30-progress-report-6

so in unity, how would I make a certain item have two identifiers? I want to be able to have two teams. so if a certain unit is team 1 or team 2. then I want to identify what kind of unit it is. as in soldier, building, etc.

I'd just use a Tag and a Layer.
Or you can just embed whatever it is in a Component that all game objects (units/soldiers/buildings) have.

Dunno but the blog tells the major things, it has a fuckload of changes like new audio engine, new rendering engine, C# scripting and a billion other smaller things.
Hopefully they don't go full MORE FEATURES meme and don't forget to make a proper stable release.

What progress did you make today, user-kun?

shitposting on /v/ until the Nintendo direct because its already too hot to focus

github.com/godotengine/godot/issues?utf8=✓&q=milestone:3.0 label:enhancement

You might need to do something dumb like add a myTags field to the Monobehaviour. Or use an interface if you need multitags for lots of different things.

Which engine are you using?

Finished off a charportrait, got through a lot of fleshing out bits of the game's story. There's still some weird bits and some not-quite-locking interactions but these are things that can be fixed later when I give it another pass.

My turrets are shooting projectiles that do damage
they still don't aim correctly though, so I haven't tested the damage part

You mean as in RTS? It'd probably be best for the stuff to inherit from base elements, like building, unit, hero, whatever and then diversify from there. As for teams, i guess some variables defining whose entity is it?

I made negative progress

Continuing my side project prototype that I allowed myself to make. Just want to see how it feels/looks. Will shelve until main is done one way or another but I cannot concentrate on main while this other one is nagging at me.

See Also some minor things like limiting the range of placing objects/items and changing the player direction based on where on the screen you clicked.