/sthg/ Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #729 - I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE LEAKS! Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsNew Info Leaks on Sonic Forces and Mania
twitter.com/BlueParax/status/852177946773270530
image.prntscr.com/image/aa29d823773843df8b8dc0aa2c626b08.jpeg

Apparently, Sonic Mania looks like it will have at least 23 stages.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CRTnMTUsIdc
youtu.be/1-K164j-5RQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SLOW

Can I get an amen from my fellow /christian/ Sonic fans?

I think we need to clean up the OP a bit.

How do we help Sonic learn how to swim?

Push him in and leave him until he swims.

>tfw 23 Zones is too long but 23 Acts is two short

Oops forgot to mention this in the OP, oh well.

>

mention forces of good and evil - playing as a villain - eggman is the main villain. wouldn't be surprised.

nega eggman or chaos 0 would be unexpected.

nearly the same length as 3 and K, I'm happy with that.

>You'll never play as Eggman in his Mech again

>nega eggman or chaos 0 would be unexpected.
lol you have no idea

If we count boss fights, Generations has more acts.

I think we could remove >Sonic Project 2017 is now Sonic Forces

Everything else still seems relevant.

>Been in this general since early March and only made 5 threads as of late.
Sorry, user, just though more news on the thread would be acceptable since there wasn't any for a while.
Just got caught up in the hype and made an edited op picture adding even more news.

If you got any suggestions on what we can remove from the OP, spill 'em.

I just meant more of the format. Like the Sonic Boom and Bump links are in between news stuff.

>they said it was going to be longer than Generations

Wouldn't it make more sense for Big to be CIA because of the belt? Or is it because he's a big guy?

We can't get too risky user. If it's a decently long game, things could go to shit

Oh that's great.

>Morio Kishimoto is the director of Sonic Forces. He designed Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Sonic Colors. He also directed Sonic Lost World.
Ehhhhhhh

But this is being made by actually competent people, not Sonic Team.

how many different sonics are there, /sthg/?

Oops, I'm sorry. I was really nervous so I didn't wanna change anything under the edition for the few threads I've made. Thanks!

Too many!

I have the new Project X:Love Potion Disaster version 6.8 Alpha
Who wants it?

Still can't take that risk

so Eggman wouldn't be expected?
or do you know something I don't?

>all those mediocre to shit games
We're fucked.

Actually, the kanji next to 23 means "years". Because it's been 23 years since the last Classic game (Sonic 3 & Knuckles). No, Sonic 4 does NOT count. So we still don't know how many Zones OR Acts are in the game.

The main villain is obviously Nega. No way, after dumbing down Eggman for YEARS, will he suddenly be this competent

>no american sonic
that's WAYYY past uncool dude.

>Gotcha! My darling Sonic!

I still question why that escalated into a fight. Then again, the same could be said about Silver in Rivals, he picked a fight with everybody he met. Do you know how hot headed you have to be for Knuckles of all people to tell you to calm down?

Hopefully that's what it is.

His boss fight reason in Generations is weird too.

That IS what it is. They're not going to put the Act/Zone count in a tiny bubble next to an interview.

Archie going out of business soon

Not him, but I doubt it's Nega either. Because one, we haven't seen him since, IIRC, Rivals. And two, he would probably still put his face on the robots.

I'm guessing it's either someone entirely new, or its Metal Sonic.

Didn't Riverdale get renewed, though?

"Its not an ACT when your in the Zone."

What other cringe stuff you think Sonic would say in the future?

>Archie going out of business soon
Nah. Riverdale just got renewed for a second season.
What's happening is they're shifting their focus away from gaming and towards television. The Sonic comic might be the collateral damage in this shift.

and the third style might be Eggman working with Sonic to fight his counterpart.

I'll bo ok with that although I find it hard to believe they would bring nega back as a main villain.

Since we haven't seen him in a while, he'd be unexpected. The robots look more like something he'd build than normal Eggy, and Nega's the only Eggman that could get away with conquering the fucking planet

But like you said, it could be Metal as well. Again, more competent than Eggman, so it makes sense

I'm sticking with my guns in saying Riverdale has little to do with the Sonic comic situation.

There's hope IDW will take it.
But it's also possible that they won't. Then worst case scenario:
Fans continue the comic online. It will have all the Sonic fanartists you have never heard of, don't give a shit abbout and those that shouldn't get a platform to spread their cancer.

I'll take it

no blaze = no nega

Talk about low budget threads! No food or movies? I'm outta here. I like /r/ better.

I doubt they'd bring back Nega and not have Blaze playable too. I think Metal is more likely, especially since he tried something similar in Heroes, and people have been making comparisons of Forces to Heroes lately.

>How do I know you're the real sonic?!
Silver is a hot headed dork, at least he mellowed out by colors, then again maybe he didn't have a chance to get started since Blaze nearly fried Orbot and Cubot's circuits offs even through she was holding back

not that I'm trying to convince anyone it's Nega but we haven't had a clear cast of full characters yet. Blaze could be in it.

Oh man, I hope they never go super meta with the series.

Wrong

Sonic's favorite board would be /trv/

If you look closely, you can almost see Amy's socks

Where's the 2003 model supposed to be from?
I like it.

Heroes.

>not a shinny renderware monstrosity
Something's wrong though, it's too high-quality.

What's the rarest Sonic game you own?

I have Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 on the psp and Sonic Battle on the GBA

So is Runners Adventure real or proven fake?

what the fuck is so great about Hesse's style in Mega Drive and how do I make my art look that appealing?

I guess Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast.

Wacky Faceā„¢

Its simplistic

It's not that good. He just puts a bunch of wacky faces on the characters and everyone shits themselves

Seems to be real based on how Gameloft are "not" talking about it.

Sonic on gamegear.

Pro: Runs like a champ, even after 20ish years
Con: Eats batteries.

Sonic Pocket Adventure for the NeoGeo

It's not even his style. He just copied the old japanese Sega Sonic and Toei Sonic then added some funneh faecezz.

You make everything round and pudgy and adorable and pick the perfect moments to give them a silly face. It's simple but he has it down to a science at this point, unlike other artists that try too hard to be wacky and fail more often than not.

Well, fuck my Eggman! TKA is back!

>he makes characters on model and interesting with plenty of character that keeps with the tone of the franchise
>this is bad somehow

>discuss the comics
>WAAAA STOP TALKING ABOUT DEAD OCS
>discuss the games
>WAAAA NO ONE CARES ABOUT SHITTY GAMES
>discuss fanmade work
>WAAAA GET THIS OFF TOPIC CRAP OUT
>discuss new info
>WAAAA ENOUGH CIRCLEJERKING ABOUT BORING NEWS
This must be the most unpleasable general on Veeky Forums, I swear

Link it in /trash/ if you don't mind.

He can't run away from you if his legs are broken

Also it's important remember that Cream and Big thought Sonic had kidnapped their friends so they were probably pretty miffed.

He didn't say it was bad, tho.

Why are you complaining about it in the new thread, instead of posting that in the old thread?

He's an idiot.

What is this game
She looks cute

There is literally nothing wrong with Black Knight,

23 unused side characters and they want to create a new one? Why not use Metal Sonic, Team Hooligan and Team Babaloyn or shit, even the banished IX tribe and Eggman Nega if they're hurting for antagonists, shit they could even write Battle bird kukku and speedy back in if they really wanted more antagonists a new character like the deadly six aren't needed all and we know those nick reject fuckers are still alive because Sonic Runners showed them plotting revenge

Crosscode. An unfinished Early Acess Steam Indie Game thats sort of an .Hackesque Action Role Play Game

Considering we're talking about Iizuka here, he very well could re-introduce an old character & say "it's a new one."

>This must be the most unpleasable general on Veeky Forums, I swear
Nah, that's still the others. At least we talk about Sonic and not erp all day like the /xivg/ for example.

Nobody cares about any of those losers.

I wish he'd do that to Shade, she seemed nice enough in didn't belong to be trapped in a shithole game like chronicles forever bound to Bioware, if Silver could get a second chance through Rivals I don't see why she shouldn't

youtube.com/watch?v=CRTnMTUsIdc

I want someone relentless other then Metal Sonic to be chasing Sonic the Hedgehog that COULD capture him. A robot that will be oh so relentless that Sonic could only stun it. Not destroy him until the penultimate stage.

Because all of those aren't Sonic. People want more playable characters, but anyone not named Sonic gets shit on, so just make a Sonic to accomodate another playstyle

It had a pretty complete and detailed FAQ with even art in it. I'd say that's pretty real.

I-I like those losers.

Shade is never coming back mostly because of the Penders nonsense.

Because Penders will sue.

And people will care about the new one? Even if it's Sally people will still be pissed off because just how many people remember her now?

Who knows, she might be the third playstyle.

She's someone nobody would expect thanks to her shitty origin game and the Penders lawsuit. Then Eggman conquering the planet fits with the Chronicles cliffhanger.

even better

Throws ice bombs at Sonic
Sonic uses them to solidify Chaos and damage him
Eggman: "No way! I can't believe this!"
continues doing the same thing

youtu.be/1-K164j-5RQ

>At least we talk about Sonic

That's an interesting way of saying "autistic screeching at each other until page 10".

Penders! Isn't that asshole the reason the comics are getting shitcanned now as well?

>unfinished

Goddamnit.
Ah well, look forward to it when it's completed.

No, that is Archie's fault.
Just like how the lawsuit ended.

So. What's the new leak thing?

I don't think I've seen this in the other thread.