Lexus is supposed to be prestigious, but the design is just as boring as your regular Toyota

Lexus is supposed to be prestigious, but the design is just as boring as your regular Toyota.

Why do people buy these cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-8CsawAAXw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Same reason why anyone else buys a "luxury" brand: they want to look cool and let people know they have too much money to burn.

U w0t m8?

So why not spend that money on something that actually looks luxurious, like a Jag, or even a fucking Volvo?

>Lexus is supposed to be prestigious, but the design is just as boring as your regular Toyota.
Their design, etc anything is subjected to preference. I personally like the styling of the LX570 and would buy this instead of any other luxury SUV on the market.

My point here is an average Lexus buyer looks for a good ratio of luxury and reliability. This buyer won't usually matter the styling. As I said everything is subjective to preference. You like it, then buy it or go buy something else.

Your thread is pointless.

>$95 grand for a Toyota

>jag
>volvo

Are you serious or just terrible at joking

Dude...

>Made in China

Luxury isn't about being flashy - most super luxurious "normal" cars (less than 150k USD) are purposefully understated. People who spend that kind of money don't want to stand out and be garish all the time...they want a safe, quiet, powerful, comfortable car.

Same reason Bentley and Rolls Royce are "boring", but those are one a whole different level...

Lexus are OK cars, but they do feel a little cheap to me lately. The new interiors are kinda flimsy, I think. They've always been somewhat derivative, because when Asian car companies go their own way on design, you end up with spindle grills and so forth.

Are you retarded?

Not just boring, fucking hideous m8. Someone from a competing brand must have spiked the tea in the lexus design department because every single car is setting new heights in the ugly department.

It's like asking why people buy Toyota. The hint is that it is usually not because they have some amazing design flair.

This criticism was valid a decade ago.

I don't see how anyone can claim that Lexus is boring anymore though. since the LFA the brand has completely changed. The ISF, RCF, GSF, new LS and LC are all cars that can't be described as boring.

LC reviews are comical. "The LC intends to change the brand from perceptions of boring and bland...etc." As if every Lexus since the LFA wasn't intended to do the same.

10 years ago you could say Lexus was well made but boring to look at and even more boring to drive, but that can't be said anymore.

Sometimes I wonder if, when people talk about "exciting" cars, they really mean "cars that will randomly break down and strand you at great expense."

Living on the edge, 1st world style!

Yeah they don't look great right now. Hopefully they improve their aesthetic in subsequent gens

Which model is that?

>Why do people buy these cars?

Because you can do this youtube.com/watch?v=W-8CsawAAXw

Right? I really don't see how, say, a Mercedes is any more or less "exciting" than a Lexus, generally speaking.

>3:36

what's with the speed dial

I think the answer here is that Mercedes is a standalone luxury brand, while Lexus will always have the baggage of being associated with Toyota.

Outrageous styling to the point of hideousness != not boring.

>baggage

Only badgewhores feel this way. The rest of us see Toyota quality, reliability, low maintenance and high resale wrapped in luxury and performance as a positive.

Your subjectivity != reality.

So this looks good to you?

It's the new LS.

>what is a concept car and how for they work?

>implying the production version looks any better

That's a really neat opinion, user.

I think it does. It's like a mini-Highlander.

Only Americans are stupid enough to pay extra for a rebadged Toyota. Fuck they already are retarded enough to buy rebadged Hondas and Nissans. This shit wouldn't fly here in Europe as no one here is dumb enough to pay extra for a rebadged Japshit.

looks like an aborted paper airplane

Lexus sales have only increased year over year, year after year, since being introduced to Yurop.

Because I need something to match my watch, and sweater vest.

Lexus is literally the only luxury brand that matters.

Toyota is the worlds greatest car manufacturer. They care about reliability and practically anyone that can afford a car can afford a Toyota.

Acura literally just rebadges Honda Accords and sells them for lol prices. And yeah, sure, an ES300 is literally a Camry but they get many more inspection hours before leaving the factory.

As the prices scale up you start seeing what are essentially RWD and AWD camry coupes. That's fuckin rad for a car that otherwise blends in with traffic and will be ignored by cops.

Fucking lol at people that just parrot how good German cars. Germans are the literal definition of over engineered. Good performance in ideal conditions. Realistically they're fucking money pits.

Also this isn't the 80s. The average car today is faster than 99% of drivers will ever need.

Also the SC300 is one of the hest bangs for the buck if you want to daily a legit rwd car.

Also fuck you troll lol.

Vest related.

German cars > Jap souless rubbish

You're a fucking idiot parroting your gay dads if you think the average nigger can dog any German car like they would a Toyota Corolla or Honda Accord or even Nissan Altima and it would survive as long without dumping significantly more money into it.

Americans like you don't understand what maintenance is.

Do Americans know when to do an oil change or rotate tires?

Toyota does make any manual transmissions for the Lexus name anymore.
Slush bucket RWD is meaningless to me, granted thats my opinion.
>mfw
>paddle shifters

Lexus designs are also ugly af. Only redeeming quality is just reliability.

Real luxury car shoppers in first world countries are extremely happy with their Lexus purchases though.

It seems like the only people who have something against Toyota/ Lexus are those who can't afford nice premium cars or haven't even sat in one, just the type of people who spend their weekends browsing youtube all day in the bed to watch "professional" reviews of cars they will never own where very few of the presenters actually know their shit about quality engineering and craftsmanship

Not anymore.
Well, this may only be the Lexus design that works.

Likely killed all the wheel speed sensors so it went into dead mode

Lol

>Lexus
>GMC
>Buick

seems like fake news

Jesus Christ this is just the worst bait ever dude. Literally everyone knows one is a grand tourer that doesn't grenade its own transmission and the other is a meme machine. God Veeky Forums trolling is just pathetically bad now....

Nah I'm not even mad. You tried, I'll give you credit, tripfag I've never heard of.

Join me user, I'll teach you how to shitpost, just look where is Alphonse now, I can help you became a shitposting god

the older 90s and early 00s ones are good

Well it's certainly a tempting offer, and I am already a dirty phoneposter, but I'll have to pass, user. Godspeed though, give these guys everything you got

ride quality, reliability, real leather, good stereo
sage

That is completely besides the point he was making you autistic faggot go get cucked by muslim refugees

Not at all. Unlike you, I've been IN that car, and most other Lexus models...even own a newer Lexus, but I don't drive it often. It's my wife's...

>thin leather wrinkles after a while
>panel gaps
>creaky center consoles
>touch screens that you can't clean...ever.

I didn't say they weren't pretty...I said they weren't durable (that's what flimsy means, in case your teacher in 5th grade asks you)

>toyota quality
Peeling, melting dashes on millions of cars...cheap leather, shit-tier dealers (Autonation...LoL)

>Toyota reliability
V6 throws valves, oil leaks, short life of plugs, and lets not forget...run away acceleration that KILLS you.

>Toyota low maintenance
Basic maintenance for common Lexus at shit tier dealer...175 dollars. Maintain it anywhere else? Bye bye warranty. Yes...their shit tier dealers will HAGGLE over repairs if you don't maintain at dealer.

Lexus is a scam...always has been, always will be.

>Lexus is a scam...

compared to whom?

Do you know why Asian car brands create luxury brands in the US and other parts of the world? Because it's a way for them to take more or lesss unmodified, straight production cars and sell them at a premium to people who don't know that, for instance, a Lexus LS was a Toyota Celsior...a Lexus GS is a Toyota Crown, etc.

Every single Asian luxury brand is a badging trick. It's the ULTIMATE badgewhore car. The people that buy a Lexus in the US would never buy that same car if it said "Toyota" on it.

That's why the Toyota Avalon sells like crap here...for a few grand more, you can go buy the Lexus (same exact car...) and get "true luxury"

I own a Lexus...and have owned several in the past. They're not all around BAD cars...but it's disingenuous to say their not badgewhore cars, when the entire reason Lexus (and Acura...and Infiniti..and Genesis...) exist as brands is to have that badge.

>Jag
Because I actually want to get where I'm going

On the off chance you're actually retarded and not pretending, here's your (you)

>run away acceleration that KILLS you.
Wait, it's current year, and people still think this actually happened?

Granted it's a little older, but I love my ISF and don't ever plan on selling mine. They make few cars for the enthusiast, but when they do, damn are they good.

t. Former 335i owner

That voice in the backseat.

>pay a few grand more
>get a 100% made in Japan car
>get Luxury interior shit
>get a better ride

Tbqh I thought the same as you until I drove both an Avalon and a rebadged Camry.

Then again, I think this isn't true anymore since a lot of Lexus's line up is now assembled in Burgerland like you said.

But whatever. Everyone rebadges their shit these days

>all these posters defending Lexus

Hhmmm, Veeky Forums surprising me as of late. Good job guys.

Mao senpai u srs
>top tier gas trim
>350 hp
>hybrid
>"""awd""" through i4 FF and electric rwd
>still 2L i4

It could've been a sicc rwd i6 car m8

it's the only luxury brand that doesn't have the build quality of a chinese toy and actually lasts mechanically past 100k

Classic German and Jap cars >>>>>>>>>>>>> Soulless modern nip kraut turds

The grill looks absolutely terrible, I'd pick a normal Land Cruiser V8 over that any day of the week.

You keep saying this, but have you ever seen a Rolls Royce in real life? They're quite the appearance, they are GIGANTIC and with the huge grill they absolutely stand out in any kind of car lineup.

hourglass grills arent that bad irl. at least the IS is fine in motion

Yea that poster is wrong RR is new money rapper car. S-class and maybachs have historically been somewhat subtle. Albeit its hard to be subtle when you sport a badge every normie mong has a fit over.

More on topic Lexus is currently THE best brand on the planet unless you want something more sporty

>Lexus
>not durable

This is the stupidest thing I think I've ever read.

Congrats.

Always love the ironing. Probably a muh yuro soul shill, only they'd have the gull to claim lexus aren't the tanks of the car world

Are you retarded? Go look up why Lexus was created. Toyota wanted to go upmarket and sell a luxury sedan better than the S class and 7 series. The market research showed that Americans would not buy it if it was a Toyota. This issue was very painful for the chairman as he realized that his magnum opus wouldn't even bear his name.

Jaja at least it wont break its axle like your ultimate driving machine and trim wont fall down before the warranty expires like your favourite benz gaudy machine. Nor will it catch on fire because the electronic work behind the thousand overpriced toys you will never use hasn't been tested properly

>V6 throws valves, oil leaks, short life of plugs,

What V6 are you talking about? We got 350k problem free miles out of a V6 Tacoma (with only one timing belt replacement mind you) and our current 2GR-FE is going strong.

>Peeling, melting dashes on millions of cars..

True, but at least they issued a recall. We'll have a brand new dash sometime at the end of this year in our 10 year old car. If I look at other peoples cars they have the same shit going on and no replacement in sight for them

Mazda3 and Nissan Altima just to name a few off the top of my head.

Mercedes has literally had opel tier interiors even on higher end models for fucking decades and everyone praised that shit like the be all end all of luxo cars because marketing. Thats a true scam.

Worst part is I could force you inside a mid 2000s s or e class and you still wouldn't admit that shit is bad, thats how far this indoctrination goes

oh my god you're so retarded