What's your excuse for not getting a motorcycle Veeky Forums?

What's your excuse for not getting a motorcycle Veeky Forums?

>cheap as fuck
>insane performance
>amazing fuel economy
>beat the traffic
>teaches you to be really good at reading the road
>makes your commute interesting and fun
>smaller carbon footprint for those that are concerned for the environment
>be unique
>cheap road tax and insurance
>cures your depression
>cures your loneliness because people will see you on your bike and want to talk to you about it because they are jealous

And before you all say 'hurr its a death trap just look at these statistics', those statistics only apply yo those retards in India, China and other 3rd world shit holes where the roads are a joke and they don't wear helmets. As long as you wear your gear and ride safe, motorcycling is safe. It's only dangerous if you let it be.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2011/09/mythbusters-motorcycle-emissions.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wrong

Riding toys on the street is irresponsible. Buy a proper bike and come race with us.

Will need to get a license first.

Also the fuel economy and emissions aren't even that much better than a small car if you care for such things, and when both vehicles carry the maximum amount of occupants the bike is actually worse.

Already have one.

My excuse for not commuting by it is that the 5-10 minutes it takes to gear up before riding it and the lower top speed cancel out the traffic skipping.
Maybe when I get a bike that isn't a 125 or have to commute to work at busy times.

What's you're excuse for not being in dbt you nobike faggot

wew lad

>not knowing that small displacement carbureted engines with no emission controls at all pollute far more than any vehicle on the road today.

>the motorcycle used 28% less fuel than the comparable decade car and emitted 30% fewer carbon dioxide emissions, but it emitted 416% more hydrocarbons, 3,220% more oxides of nitrogen and 8,065% more carbon monoxide.

latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2011/09/mythbusters-motorcycle-emissions.html

NOx is good for the climate though, it counteracts COx. It's only bad for humans.

I have mine bought it for 300$ AUD and rebuilt it myself only a 250cc but I love it and there is nothing like the feeling of accomplishment of riding something you basically revived yourself
Pic related Venox 250cc

I fell for the meme. I remember getting my first Ninja 250, just how scared I was of even going the speed limit. how nervous I was in traffic. I told myself I would never speed or do anything dangerous or stupid. Only idiots do that shit.

>fast forward to today

At least you don't do wheelies. I hope.

>cheap as fuck
wrong
>insane performance
If you have a literbike, yes
>beat the traffic
Mostly illegal
>unique
Also wrong
>cheap insurance
Not if you want performance

I ride a 600cc

It only takes one bitch not checking their blind spot to make me a permanent part of the road service. I would love to drive a bike on the track, but I don't trust others to not be retarded, especially where I live

>cheap as fuck
$1700 is pretty cheap.
>insane performance
~4 sec 0-60, 12 sec 1/4 mile. Not insane, but better than any $1700 car
>beat the traffic
Objectively true
>unique
More so than car drivers, but not by much
>cheap insurance
$32/month for a 23 year old male.

I also ride a 600cc

>>not knowing that small displacement carbureted engines with no emission controls at all pollute far more than any vehicle on the road today.
THere are no more carbureted engines... We all FI now.

Except for Supermotos, and they are all criminals anyway.

Back to fucking /n/ you go spandex faggot.

Can't carry tools for work
Can't carry lunch box, though with some rearranging could probably manage to carry lunch
Rains at least once a week here on average, often times more
Nowhere to leave gear once I get to work where it won't be stolen or otherwise fucked with

I mean, if I did actually commute on a motorcycle, it'd probably end up having doubled up saddle bags on either side and a top storage compartment that was taller than I am to hold everything. It'd be like the people riding two wheeled winnebagos - yeah, it's a motorcycle, but with none of the upsides of a motorcycle at that point.

I don't want to be run over by Stacey in her crossover

>implying I don't

Go on

My excuse is that I am too retarded to drive a motorcycle. As in, I lack the motor coordination necessary to throw my body in one or other direction in curves and dodging cars and whatnot. I can read the road, it's just that I am too 'hurr durr'.
So I chose to only have a car driver's license.

And I live on a third world shithole.

>becoming a biker
>becoming a biker that goes beyond the speed limit

You have become the very thing you've sworn to destroy.

Mostly this.

at lest your not lane splitting at that speed
>yet

wheelies are sick you faggot

i basically wheelie every time i turn onto a straight road

>implying I don't

Bike + car master race reporting in.

>can't carry stuff as easily as a car can
>get rained on
>threatened by tiny bumps and road paint with a bit of moisture on it

But I don't care much about the practical shit.

Most importantly, it's not as good for listening to music.

Id rather spend the money on my babby

Cool slow chick car

just bought a helmet today and signed up for the BRC in a few weeks.

Can't decide what bike though. probably a Honda CB500F

>having passengers

eugh

Honestly, to not worry my father.

He's in remission from leukemia right now and his only brother died around age 30 in the early 70's. His brother was way into drugs and crashed his bike into a tree, killing him. I am way into opiates and stimulants and have driven like a manic since I turned 16. So getting a bike would trigger memories of his brother too much and he'd constantly worry about me - and he doesn't need more shit to worry about.

I feel like every other time I see you post it mentions some sort of narcotics

>those statistics only apply yo those retards in India, China and other 3rd world shit holes where the roads are a joke and they don't wear helmets. As long as you wear your gear and ride safe, motorcycling is safe. It's only dangerous if you let it be.

>people actually think this

Bike and insurance company?
20 yo getting my motorcycle license in a month here.

wear a backpack ya dingus

>live in Wisconsin
>Winter lasts basically 75% of the year
>Don't feel like getting frostbite

I'm better off just buying a cheap bicycle for around town riding (90% of my miles) and keeping a shitbox Corolla for long trips.

I don't have a job atm so I'm stuck in my accord.

>Can't carry tools for work
>Can't carry lunch box, though with some rearranging could probably manage to carry lunch

degenerate fag

Just get a car. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I own 3 bikes and a miata ffs.

>he has to bring privately owned tools to his workplace

kek'd so hard

Discomfort

What's the minimum amount of money you have to spend on gear for your first bike?

For maximum protection I would recommend a Bulldozer suit from payday.

AUD$1000 will get you a set of cheap textiles, reasonable gloves, cheap boots and a $300-400 helmet.

I own 4.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Cagecucks Btfo ITT thread wow ouch

This

2 Helmets, £90
2 jackets, £300
2 Trousers, £300
2 Boots, £100
2 Gloves, £150

I got 2 of everything depending on weather/season. And for the passenger if I take one.

So its not exactly cheap and anyone saying you'll save money on motorcycles is a liar or nobike.

You're only saying that so you can keep more for yourself.

>>not knowing that small displacement carbureted engines with no emission controls at all pollute far more than any vehicle on the road today.

Dude, even 125s are all 4 stroke and fuel injected. Where do you live? In Beijing?

>full dress landbarge plus all that bullshit on the back

I love my baiku but jesus christ literally just take a car you colossal faggot.

Rule of thumb I'd budget $250 or more for helmet+textile jacket+gloves. You don't want to cheap out too much and get garbage, but a $100 helmet will keep you alive as well as a $500 one and if you don't need the added features of the pricier one there's no point wasting the money. Similarly speaking unless you're hitting the track you probably don't need a $1000+ set of racing leathers.

You should get a bike to hopefully kill yourself sooner then, before you crash your car into someone actually worth the air you breathe you piece of shit

Who is this semen demom

I bought this not running 43cc pocket bike for $20 today, fixed it, drove it once, and now I want a real bike.

What should I look for if I want something cheap and easy to wrench on? What should I avoid?

Back injury. Will ride again when I can.

I spent about £500 on a full set. Helmet, jacket, trousers, boots, and gloves.
I got a fat bonus at work for helping unfuck the company, so I did my bit for the economy and blew it all on bike gear.

>So its not exactly cheap and anyone saying you'll save money on motorcycles is a liar or nobike.
£500 in gear, £1300 on the bike, £300 for a year's insurance, £100 for the CBT including rental of the bike and gear, and a whopping £17 on tax.
I get ridiculous MPG out of my little 125.

You don't need two sets of gear, but who the fuck only spends £90 on a helmet, and then blows £150 on gloves?

Don't listen to I hope you find help though. Try just smoking weed, man. Come back into happy land.

I'm getting my endorsement and a old honda bike soon

cant have a car at uni so im selling my AW11

im actually very excited

I got a good deal on the helmets.

>Death wobble

Need another license for bike and only got for cars atm

You know display models have been dropped a whole bunch and can't be trusted, yes?

I'm a total zombie in the morning and I'm legitimately afraid I'll fall or hit something if I need to rely on my reaction times past creeping along in the morning rush in my car.

>Ride bike
>no problems ever
>can look SUV drivers in the eyes

>Drive car
>below the beltline of SUVs and trucks
>nearly die every day

Still plenty of carbureted 4stroke street legal bikes for sale new, but they run LEEEEEN from the factory for emissions so pretty much require rejetting. They definitely pollute a lot more than a modern cat-equipped car or truck in terms of noxious emissions (but also a lot less CO2)

These days some hybrids are approaching motorbikes in mileage. The really efficient bikes also tend to be the most underpowered as well. 250cc bikes aren't exactly fast. The other reason is winter and most people are on my side. I've only seen one motorbiker out in January around here, in 18F weather. Only one. See plenty of people out on their bikes in June though for some strange reason.

>cures your depression
Is this really true?
I'm suffering from depression and actually thought about getting a bike for that reason.

Check out WALTERIFIC on YouTube and tell me it doesn't.

>What's your excuse for not getting a motorcycle Veeky Forums
the existence of cars

>drive Ferrari
>get BTFO by Kawasaki Ninja

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have a motorcycle and depression and it really doesn't.

The adrenaline makes you feel good but it wear off eventually, and then there's the whole drug addiction esque problem of pushing the bike harder and harder to get a fix of adrenaline.

If you want to "cure" your depression, see a psychologist and maybe consider meds.

Bikes are like alchohol in that respect, they just mask the problem and enable you in ways instead of helping.

>gear
Just go full squid brah
all you need is a helmet

literally any 250, 300 cc carbureted single cylinder bike. honda, yamaha, kawasaki. all reliable brands with cheap parts.

Don't forget flip flops.

>makes your commute interesting and fun

Yes! please lanesplit fucking everywhere, because the world needs more of that! It keeps your commute interesting, and makes my life a living hell! We appreciate you dumb fucks clogging the middle of the road! Fuck the dotted line, line right? I hope you lanesplit your head on a fucking semi you dipshit. Kids in hosptials could use those transplants. :^)

>Kids in hosptials could use those transplants. :^)
I'm independent on the issue (actually I commute on a motorbike), but I can tell you from experience that people in traffic crashes never can provide their organs for donation. They spend time on the roadway and in ever jurisdiction i've worked in an autopsy needs to be done. As such there is nothing left of value, too much time has passed.

Everytime I want one I think about sowing people's faces back together who do ride.

t. Jealous cager.

>Cheap road taxe and insurance.

Not here in Canada M8.
We get charged up the ass and we can only ride for an insignificant amount of time per year.

That's sad. It doesnt seem an autopsy would even be very useful.

How much is the tax on motorcycles in Canada or the US anyway? All I know is that insurance is either roughly the same or cheaper here in Germany for equal levels of coverage.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in Quebec it's $575/year for a 400cc+ bike.
For "High accident-risk motorcycles" (mostly liter bikes), it's $1324/year.

Carbed Ninja Gen one or Gen two. I reccomend the 500s I had a 250 and its not enough power. I'm quite pleased with the power on the 500 and i still get 50+MPG

Because I already have two

The part that makes a motorcycle exciting is when will someone kill you while you're riding.

tax varies state to state. And insurance is based on risk. not including sales tax, it cost me 70 bucks to register the fz6 for a year with a value of 3k. To insure it as a 21 year old with a shit record I pay 120 dollars a year for well above the minimum requirements.

>be britcuck
>can get a 50cc bike at 16
>shitbox car or 125 at 17
>any car you want or 250 at 18
>can't get a 1000cc until you're 24

I'm currently saving up for one next spring. Gotta get that emergency savings fund built up and all that.

> be americunt
> Turn 18
> But 1000cc bike
> Slam into wall
> Die

It's to save the NHS money peeling them off the road.

>registration tax based on vehicle value
Really fires up the old neurons.

gs500 god bike

Wiscofag here the long winters make summer that much more enjoyable

I need to transport things for my job and my dd shitbox works. Also paranoid parents and i can only drive for 4-5 months per year bc im canadian. Also having a-c and heating is a plus as well as cargo space

This. The absolute horror realizing that Florida climate isn't limited to a few months, but is hot and muggy year round.

Gee, you might as well get a trike, if you're hauling all that around all the time...