I was wondering... If your looking for fast acceleration... Would you rather have 30 more hp, or 300lbs less weight?

I was wondering... If your looking for fast acceleration... Would you rather have 30 more hp, or 300lbs less weight?

Im comparing a 306 hp 266 torque genesis coupe VS a 330 hp 270 torque g37 coupe.

The genesis weighs 300lbs less than the g37.

Also im comparing because im going to buy one. Do you guys have any opinions on the type of motor in these two cars? Quality, reliability, longevity?

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/hyundai/genesis-coupe
caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-manual-first-drive-review
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Both trash. Do yourself a favour and get a raliart so atleast you have a fast 0-60 car to fuck around town in... just don't fuck the tranny.

>fast
>ralliart
Chicken boy please go

jap crap or Korean shit. Just by a c5 corvette faggot.

I own a 2015 Mustang GT :) I fux with most cars I just don't like the gene or g37. They seem so... bleh.

>don't fuck the tranny
golden advice user

300 lb less weight

They have the worst transmissions ever.. All I mean is if you ever get a Lancer raliart, be careful or get a good clutch and change the tranny oil oftenish.

every 100lbs lost equals a 6.38hp gain.

6.38 x 3 = 19.14hp

A 30hp gain would be more beneficial.

unless ride quality or top speed (assuming Veiron tier cars here) are serious issues for you, weight is NEVER a good thing on any car. a fat car with more HP will just burn more fuel, tires and brakes.

i'd rather have the none gook one

Weight is much more important than hp.
BUT vq37 is a VERY established engine and known to be hearty.
>genecyst is better on paper but you'll have to deal with hyundai paper mache build
>gspot37 has sex drivetrain but niggertier interior and rattletrap build

Probably neither tbqhf

I buy slightly damaged cars, fix them, and sell as a hobby. I've owned both a Genesis and a g37, and I have to admit, g37 is hands down one of the funnest cars to drive. Genesis looks good on paper, but drives like shit. No soul to the car. The G37 on the other hand is pretty much a 370z with different body panels and a back seat. The vlsd works perfectly, and the vq37 engine note is top tier. I never did any tests but the g37 felt faster in every possible scenario compared to the genesis

>Tl;dr, buy the g37

Their not trash. Both have 0-60 times of about 5 seconds. Im not boy toy racer in a car club and going to the track. Im a mid 20's working man wanting a fast daily.

Genesis has been outperforming the mustang and camaro for several years now.

In that case G37 all day. Great daily for someone with their head on straight.

Nah i dont want a "look at me i think im cool" car. Also how about actually stayi g on the threads subject. This is not a what car should i get thread. I asked very specific questions reguarding extra hp or less weight. I know what car i want, (kinda) its one if these two.

Is this accurate?

>the top tier Genesis has been outperforming the entry level mustang and camaro for several years now.
fixed

Extra hp and torque>less weight. Get the g37

Gearing also plays a pretty big role in 0-60, and the g37's is better.

But gook now do more better than do before.

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Definitely go with the g37.

You had the 3.8 genesis right? Not the 2.0 shit show...?

I hear lots of good things from 3.8 genesis owners. So its tough to discern when a negative opinion rolls along. Can you elaborate any further?

Do I want a respectable car, or a piece of shit hyundai?

TOUGH DECISION

Entry level, top tier, v6, same class. Win genesis. (For several years now).

By about 0.3 seconds.

Thats what ive been trying to say this whole time.

People are loving their genesis for a reason.

>genesis faster than a mustang gt or camaro ss

toplel

Ss, gt, v8, diffrent class. If genesis made a v8 theyed get crushed just like their v6.

Your argument is like saying a heavyweight ufc fighter would beat a lightweight fighter. No shit.

3.8 Genesis. It's a decent car by itself, but can't compare to the G37. Its just that much more fun to drive.

He asked which is faster, I answered.

Even the early model g37s? I cant afford the newer models lol.

I i got a genesis it will be a 2011. If g37 an 08.

All right, here are some direct answers to all of your questions
>Weight vs power
If I recall correctly in order to go gain about 10 hp you need to drop 150 lb. In this case g37 wins out. Plus someone mentioned better gearing, which will also make it faster.
>Quality
Vq37 engines are well known to be some of the best out there. I honestly haven't heard much about Hyundai's. Genesis interior feel like a cheap Korean Lexus knock off.
>Reliability
Infiniti parts can be pretty expensive, but they typically don't break down. Unfortunatly, the genesis transmission is well known to be complete shit.
>Longevity
even though Korea started making better cars, they're still a long ways from Japanese.

G37 hasn't changed much throughout the years. I'd say go for it. I had a 2011 g37/ 2012 Genesis.

Also, only the r-spec 3.8 has 306hp for that model year. Rest is 290.

Op the g37 requires premium gas i believe.

Google says diffrent

You're right, that's only for the sedan. Either way the g37 is faster though.

Hyundai Genesis=penis windows

Even better. Actual size representation of my dick is what ill tell people. Then ill spin the wheels generating a black cloud of smoke and leave them in it.

Would you reccomend them both?

Yeah, but if I had to pick one I'd take G37 over Genesis.

Just get a mustang or a camaro if you want power

G37.

Hoondai is ugly and unreliable gook shit.

Mustang fuck no. Everybody and their mother has them and it screams teenager boy or middle aged women.

Camaro yeah they look sharp but i feel like id be making too much of a "im insecure so i got a late model camaro" vibe. Also i like the interior "feel" when your sitting in them but it is weird to drive because road vision is minimal.

Honestly i would love to have a newer challenger because i just love the look of them. But their underpowered for the size. I wish they made one slightly shorter and slightly less as wide.

If you're not a teenage boy or a middle aged woman, what do you have to worry about

1. Im mid twenties and a car that screams teenage boy would make me appear to still have the mindset of an immature teenage boy. I dont need to project that image when im smashing poon my age or more.

2. Everybody has them it seems. I can go the grocery store any day of the week and see at least 2 or 3 by the time i get back home. Id like to be a little more unique. I almost never see g37s. And have never not once seen a genesis on the road. Even the camaros and challengers are popping up everywhere. Everyones "go to" seems to be the mustang, camaro, and challenger. As long as they dont have a v8 model, i want to pull up next to one in my g37 and smoke em. Hell even the genesis would win by about a car length.

So get a v8 muscle car

My brother has a G37S and I used to own a 335i with the sport package. I'd say his car is like 85% of what my car was without the shitty reliability. He's been driving for 5-6 years now with no issues. I sold my car last Dec because I was tired of living in the shop (inb4 fix your own car, faggot).

G is a great choice, OP...I recommend it to anyone looking to pick up a relatively affordable, used, fun, reliable car.

>penis
2d and made of glass.

>suggesting a FWD poverty spec EVO

bitch please.

caranddriver.com/hyundai/genesis-coupe

caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-manual-first-drive-review

Nah, i need a daily driver. V8 is too much gas. Im not really wanting to race anyone other than the douche at the redlight every now and then.

Ahh good information. Really helps solidify a g37 choice. Its all going to come down to the best deal i can find though. Im on a very specific budget. No more than 14k.

I really dont want a awd car... Some say its faster, some say its slower and less fun (no burn outs). I really dont know. Its added weight, more fuel costs and i just really like the idea of spinning the tires somtimes.

Sorry im not sspeeding around thirty corners and traveling a moutain side. Straight line genesis has been whooping camaro and mustang ass. Challengers need not apply. G37 above all the above.

If you're gonna be a stoplight racer then the G37 is definitely the car for you. I've smoked every single v6 mustang, Camaro, or Challenger I've come across on my stock 09 G37. A few hot hatches too. It's a great car OP. Highly recommend.