Christianity for PoC

I'm a gentrified Asiatic dude in America who's been going through a revelation of the existence of God. Once I started "believing" in God, I immediately converted to Islam. This had nothing to do with the theology or the morality of Islam and the Qur'an, but totally because my parents were Muslims and I thought it tapped in to some ancestral collective unconscious or some shit.

Now looking at the history of Islam and the Prophet, I've been extremely skeptical. I'd still say I'm a Muslim, and Islam will always have my respect, but I'm basically a wayfaring theist atm.

I've been browsing Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and I see how much great theology and history Christianity has to offer and the story of the Gospel. It's all great, but the biggest deterrent for me has always been that I'm not white. I don't relate to it and I find it as a weird, foreign religion for me to submit myself to.

Anyone relate to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Christians
realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Jesus/Jesus.htm
livescience.com/46019-watermelon-nutrition.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JKmKTSvFHas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Jesus
>white

Pick one

if you want to make it a racial thing, the ethiopian and coptic traditions are legit churches with ancient histories. but at the end of the day, god looks at the heart not the skin so you should go whererever the spirit leads you.

maybe Judaism would interest you. it's definitely less "european" than christianity, which was heavily influenced by platonic philosophy

Orthodoxy is a lot more "oriental" in its character, as is the Coptic church.

If you try to follow a religion only because your ancestors did it, then ultimately you're pagan, you're worshipping your ancestors while your ancestors were worshipping something else entirely. Ultimately you're a hypocrite.

Some of the most devout American Christians are PoC.
Mormons are probably the most committed but after that its Black Protestants (usually whatever regional denomination is most prevalent) and Hispanic Catholics, perhaps followed by White Catholic and White Southern Presbytarian, Maybe Lutheran and Methodists

Second state to convert to Christianity was Ethiopia. First was Armenia if you consider them PoC (some do), Genghis Khan's father was nestorian or another eastern Christian if I recall correctly. There was also a branch of Christianity thriving in India. This is all I know from light reading, I'm sure others know more.

>jesus was white

that's just WE WUZing

St Thomas Christians, possibly founded 50AD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Christians

>Now looking at the history of Islam and the Prophet, I've been extremely skeptical

Lol Wut? Explain to me Brother, what is the cause of your doubt.

>Early centers of Christendom include Ethiopia, the Middle East, Southern Europe and India;
Yeah, only whiter than sour cream people from the origins to the present, cous'.
>There was also a branch of Christianity thriving in India.
That branch still is. Pretty cool people.
There were nestorians in China for a long time, btw.

Lol wut, there's Christians all over Latin America, Africa, even India and East Asia. And of course the Middle East, if that's where you're from then your ancestors were most likely Christian before Islam swept over it.

This.
Middle Easterners have had a profound effect on Christianity.

Jesus was from the Levant. While many in the levant probably had white admixture, most likely he was some type of semitic.

So he was asian, the only reson he is painted as "white" in America is because America has been a white nation for most of it's existence, and people tend to connect with people that look like them. Same reason why Jesus had olive skin,dark brown curly hair and brown eyes in the Mediterranean. He Slavic features in orthodox Russian painings, aswell as dirty blonde hair and blue eyes with strong nordic features in Scandinavia.

this desu.

It's likely that there's a church in your country that's been there longer than Islam has.

Something strikes me as strange though. Do you not think Islam is too fixated on Arab culture? It seems to me that christianity is much more open to foreign cultures than Sunnism (Shi'a is a slightly different story) especially given the current salafist awakening.

I'm glad to hear it's still alive and thriving. I would love to do some deeper study into non-western Christianity and some of the wacky things that happened to spread to those places.

>I've been browsing Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and I see how much great theology and history Christianity has to offer and the story of the Gospel. It's all great, but the biggest deterrent for me has always been that I'm not white.

Christianity was predominantly white until 1900, but now it is very diverse even more so in America(pic related), and apart from Traditional Catholicism i don't think you will feel out of place as an Asian. Anyway i heard there are Pan-Asian churches in America(mostly koreans and chinese tho)

> I don't relate to it and I find it as a weird, foreign religion for me to submit myself to.

Christian does not submit to Christianity, they submit to Christ and God.

forgot the pic

Wrong pic

>Now looking at the history of Islam and the Prophet, I've been extremely skeptical. I'd still say I'm a Muslim, and Islam will always have my respect, but I'm basically a wayfaring theist atm.

>I've been browsing Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and I see how much great theology and history Christianity has to offer and the story of the Gospel. It's all great, but the biggest deterrent for me has always been that I'm not white. I don't relate to it and I find it as a weird, foreign religion for me to submit myself to.

This is because you are unfamiliar with Christianities history and doctrines. Its the same reason why Westerns are attracted to things like buddhism and the like because they dont have the cultural baggage and the experience of the stuff you wont hear from adherents.

>Christian does not submit to Christianity, they submit to Christ and God.
>submit to Christ and God.

ARIANS AND JEHOVAHS WITNESSES OUT
CHRIST IS GOD REEEEE

Jesus was never white. That is a fabrication by white historians.

Read this to learn more:
realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Jesus/Jesus.htm

jesus isn't white. he'd look like the average palestinian

(OP)
Jesus was never black. That is a fabrication by black historians.

Read this to learn more:
livescience.com/46019-watermelon-nutrition.html

No, he was in fact blue. He was a smurf

t. clumsy smurf

WE SMURFS SMURFZ N SMURF

Jesus was a Semite, and he may have been only a bit lighter than your pic, op.
Observe for yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=JKmKTSvFHas

He was an Israelite and they were closer to ancient Egyptians and ancient Greeks than they were to Arabs.

lol israelites were semites and so are arabs
literally WE WUZ the post

ancient egyptians, arabs and levantines are all closely related neighbors, unless you count the helennic middle class in memexandria

>tfw believe in God but not Jesus
>tfw would love to believe in Jesus and be a proper Christian

I'm not becoming a Jew. All the tradition, ceremonies and other shit is ridiculous.

There are a lot more non-jesus monotheistic religions man. Samaritans, Zoroastrians, Ba'hai, certain philosophical interpretations of Hinduism to name a few.

He was a Turk belonging to the great Xiongnu confederation that traveled Westwards and would much later become the Gökturk Khanate and Khazar empire.

His family found themselves in the Ishakhanate also known as Israel thanks to Roman trade caravans.

>what are copts
>what are assyrians
>what are ethiopians

The middle east is christian clay, remember that.

If you can't relate to Christianity, you shouldn't be in America. It was created by white Christians, for white Christians. You show you're not really integrated if you can't get this core tenet of America's culture. There are scores of Islamic lands to choose from, some are Westernized to the point you may feel comfortable, such as Turkey.

We Wuz Messiahs n Shit

Bahai and "Hinduism" can also be more Christian than orthodoxy and Catholicism.

Judaism is mostly an ethnic-religion that doesn't evangelize. Christianity is meant for all peoples. Why would he become a Jew?

I'd say doing that is good as long as its not the primary reason

Maybe you're just turned off by Wahabis and should see how other Muslims think. I converted to Islam (not white so don't give me a shit storm) and I've found it very fulfilling. Honestly I don't understand how anyone can be okay with the trinity.

If it weren't for Islam, I'd just be a monotheist with no particular religion.

This is a great meme

Which denomination are you looking at? In most cases christianity has nothing to do with race (my town's episcopalian reverend is black) but if it does concern you baptist churches are primarily black (desu i dont think i've ever met a white baptist) and I think catholic also has quite a few PoC but I'm not sure.

>Jesus
>Christianity
Pick one