/fhg/ - For Honor General

buff smug raider edition

old thread: boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/173704269

>New V105 patch is out for PC/consoles waiting certification.
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-288027-16/release-notes-for-v105

>Leaked Centurion / Ninja Image
imgur.com/a/r8jXO

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK (embed)

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/55KZTiUK
youtube.com/watch?v=xuyF8ZIUHTg&ab_channel=Enservo
youtu.be/36OiRIxup3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>old thread: boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/173704269
Jesus Christ.

just end the general

Also
>>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK (embed)
Please newfriends, don't make a new general if you don't know how.

it wasn't in the old thread OP, what do you want from me

>missed out the console communities
>fucked up the previous thread link

Reminder that the Lawbringer Buff is broken

"Impaling Riposte is guaranteed on parry"

youtube.com/watch?v=xuyF8ZIUHTg&ab_channel=Enservo

20k steel gone because of looking for a tringad guard.
When will they let us use aesthetics just for their own purpose?

fresh meat

why is pk even allowed at this point

the chances of you winning vs one who can feint and parry is practically 0

So what we might be getting

Highlander with claymore

Centurion with cestus and gladius

Ninja with kamas

Gladiator with trident and shield

Huntress with sword and axe

Ronin with 2 swords

1st 3 seem to be almost confirmed so there is that

I would rather face a pk then a vortex spamming warden

u..uncensored?

look at top right corner

>this OP

Christ. Fine, I'll do it myself next time.

Guardbreaking is a broken mechanic that robs the game of its soul at anything past low-tier play.

8 chooses my next main out of Shugo, Zerk, Nobushi and Valk

Guardbreaks are useless at any level of play past beginner, and are really only useful as an extension of parrying.

Breaking someone's guard should be an offensive tool to open up your opponent (like the name states).
Ubisoft should revert the counter guardbreak window back to how it was at launch so that it requires timing to pull off correctly instead of panicked mashing.

>i can't counter guardbreak to save my life, literally.

Fixed that for you.

I'd like this, I've tried getting the new timings down but found that mashing just works 90% of the time.

Alright /fhg/ give me your idea for a new character in 30 seconds or your waifu gets it.

Either a European guy with a giant metal double crossbow or a Chinese guy with a box fed chu-ko-nu like pic related.

Can finish chains with devastating point blank shots or hold heavy attack to aim and shoot his opponents from a distance.
Has long reload times between shots/magazine changes.

A pirate

You sound like a salty shitter.
Why don't you just stop playing?

A canon black hero that moves on all fours.

Chinese bureaucrat who can summon hordes of footsoldiers to wear down his opponent with attrition.
As the fight progresses he can eventually summon captains to fight for him.

He also has a knife concealed in his robes but sucks ass fighting toe to toe.
Can use his feats in any game mode as an easier way of showing his meters for summons.

i dont know, i dont really even have fun aymore

What, like literally a cannon?

Anyone heard anything confirmed on Huntress and Ronin?

Rapier and dagger user. Low damage but super pokey and mobile.

Just came back from a 3 week of not playing

Is warlord still OP? is Peacekeeper still obnoxious? is Lawbringer still low tier?

yes
yes
yes

I can't believe some autismo actually took the time to make that lol.

Not memeing, has the game even got a balance pass in all this time?

all it did was make revenge shit in 4v1 situations now

Arabian Scimitar warrior that fights like a mix between Warden and Orochi, and has a spinning wind-up like Conq. Also jumping kicks.

Reminder that PK is balanced and you just need to spend countless hours practicing against her, if you don't do that you're just a shitter.
Also no need to look at what heroes I play, my opinion is 100% unbiased

Im a very relaxed person

why does this game make me som fucking mad?

is this general really already dead?

WW2 gernan machine gunner with mg42

New batch of fresh players will come in the the end of season patch, in 14 days or so.

theres really nothing to discuss outside of 'x is still op for the 8th week in a row' because of how slow ubisoft is. they'll probably change a lot of shit in the season patch, which is when there will be more players coming back to the game.

There's plenty of shit in this game to get mad over
>Some characters are flat out broken. Warlord, PK, Warden, and Shug are all OP, PK with her insane speed and ability to win by spamming one button, and the others for their insane kits
>Defense meta is too strong, faggots know they can win by just sitting back and waiting to parry
>Honorfags will not fuck off and stop trying to treat 4v4 modes as duels, even when they can clearly see the enemies aren't doing honor back and teammates and begging them to stop
>A single person rage quitting is usually enough to make an entire game crash
>Laggy fuckers literally teleport around you mid fight, giving you no chance at all to defend yourself
I don't really get mad at games but this one gets me fucking heated

now that kensei is p good, should I get the emote?

if you want to waste steel, go for it
considering there are more emotes that haven't been released yet, but the bots can use, I'd wait unless you really love whatever emote you want to get

hmm I'll think about it

i'll wait until the new fighters are out too

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING CONSOLE COMMUNITIES YOU ABSOLUTE MONG

>fight opponent
>he parries all my attacks
>so I turtle up
>he complains I dont attack
>but if I do he just parries and wins

what else can I do?

like today I saw an orochi use his katana like a fucking baseball bat, had a crowd cheering in the background as well, and im p sure that isn't released, meaning that theres going to be another batch of emotes this month.

you know what

I quit duel and brawl modes, the game isnt made for them

juist gonna try have fun in 4v4 and swap back to controller

this game isnt meant for high level play

Conquistador would be pretty kewl, and would be awesome to actually have a knight class that you could see the face xD although no black we wuz europeanz in sheeit pls.

>xD
I know threads in Veeky Forums tend to be nicer and more tightly knit than the rest of Veeky Forums, but come on

Yea, idk who told him about Veeky Forums

Why dont you guys like dom? OP classes can get buttfucked by teamwork. No buff pickups. Strategery > Skill. Skill + Stratagization = wins. Its pertty good.

Yeah it's a bad habbit, i could easily say angry taco meme, who told you about you about Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is cancer most of the time

because revenge is still broken with gear stats.

No gear-stats gamemode fucking when

I'm sure your spazziness is appreciated by someone out there.

Dominion is definitely fun. Veeky Forums hates fun though, so always keep that in mind. Hopefully they'll fix Skirmish some day so that it's equally fun and competitive so that it's not just a steamroll fest lasting a couple of minutes.

nah, people die with revenge all the time. People know how to handle it, and you can time your CC/gb with teammates attacks

Ill never understand the

"Veeky Forums talks more about games than /v/ meme"

>I'm sure your spazziness is appreciated by someone out there.

I'm not the one spazzing out autistically about a "xD" but more power to you famalam.

Meh, revenge is easy to deal with. The only time it's a problem is when there's a lot of low level players mixed in, because of inexperience in defending and lowbie stats overall are ignorable.

Gear Stats will be a lot better once everyone gets past Rep3, and stats balanced out slightly. A stats rehaul could be really useful tho.

Stop defending 4v4 modes they are shit tastic

Gear stats should be removed

P2P removed from 4v4

>no strategy

Defending gear stats too?

jesus

still cancer when you fight someone 1 on 1 and he gets revenge in 3 hits
>it'll be better when literally everyone in the game is a high level
not really. I'm okay with it being in casual but there should be a ranked playlist with no gearstats or feats. (feats are another big issue with the game, especially direct damage ones that you can rarely dodge because they will curve into you)

I'm just saying, it's the digital equivalent of a Naruto headband. It's cringey to see. You kind of grow out of it, like Axe bodyspray and emo music.

Ranked shitters will destroy this game I swear.

how? they certainly haven't destroyed any other game. It's a fucking competitive game.

>TAKE OUT ALL THE FUN
>NO FEATS
>NO LEDGES
>NO PEACEKEEPERS
>NO WALLS
>ONLY EXACT RANK MATCHING
>NO GEAR STATS
>DUEL MODE ONLY
>WARDEN ONLY
>FOX ONLY
>HEAVEN OR HELL LET'S ROCK

Ya it makes the game less stale, some people are powerful and some people arent, get over it biiiitch. I rep 11 total and dont have a single 108 gear person, and only 1 with all purple. Still do well.

>hurr durr lets say they're removing everything, this strawman will totally work out

pretty much the progression of this game over a given timeline.

Because I don't have a group of 4 to completely coordinate with, and the enemy team is always coordinating
>Enemies are split into two groups, holding two points
>Try taking C from them, there's an enemy Shug and Nobushi there
>Can't fight one without the other fucking my shit
>Nobushi kicks me, if I get hit I get hugged, if I dodge I get hugged
>Teammates "Just let them have that one lmao"
Seriously, this shit makes dominion unplayable unless you're a premade group

make friends, user. i believe in you!

I don't. I regularly carry games of elimination and the only ones who want to group up after are the shitters who got zero kills the entire game and want me to continue carrying them

nah fuck that noise, i never group cause fuck everyone and their nigger mothers desu.

If they are split in 2, take B, and then delay them at A or C so they get 0 points from it. if you are not a shitter you can hold it as neutral for a while while your 3 teammates fuck about with the other 2.

And strategery can allow you to win while they hold a capzone for the entire game with a +2. Killing minions on B nets points faster than some fucknut (ESPECIALLY 2 fucknuts) sitting on a point the whole time.

>threads in Veeky Forums tend to be nicer and more tightly knit than the rest of Veeky Forums

they need to scrap duel and brawl. the queues are extremely bad because most players are fed up with the gameplay in these modes

you have a squad 4v4 game, fine.

they bit off way more than they could chew and it's time to stop throwing good effort after bad.

that's rough. i mainly find friends in duels and brawls, people who spam emotes back at me and don't play shitter classes and only bm when it's really funny. what platform are you on?

when are the new executions coming out I have almost 12k steel saved but I really want to fucking spend it I can't wait this long

Xbone.
The issue is some people are just plain fucking retarded. I've had dominion games where I hold a point by myself the entire game, never losing it, and the three others on my team can't secure another point themselves.

I'm that fucking faggot who goes to task manager and end proccss of For Honor everytime our team breaks.
All because I'm the only one on the team with 600+ score while everyone else has 150 or less.

I hope the game crashes for everyone. :)

Well you are not using strategy, i just said holding a point the whole game doesnt mean you will win. sometimes, even most times you need to abandon the point as least a little while to help in team fights or to quickly secure B then relocate back to A for instance.

well i'll be on in say around 4 hours if you're free then. i can't promise im not a shitter depending on what your standards are but you're welcome to join me and my roommate as we dick around on this broken ass game while we wait for the patch to drop haha

GT: PeachesThePuss

I can't strategize on xbone when my team doesn't have mics. The problem with leaving to cap another point is that my teammates are literally fucking brain dead. I leave A to go help and secure another point, we end up losing A. I go back to A, we lose the point I just secured.
Might do that

>boot up for honor
>pick raider
>play vs peacekeeper
>close for honor

Yea, if they're sitting on C all day, that means the entire rest of the battlefield is vulnerable, and those other teammates are left to get slaughtered. One option is to group up and fuck those two guys up. But that camping the point shit gets old real quick, and just ignoring them is even better revenge.

I dont use mic either, infact i almost always auto mute people who dare to use their fowl voices in my ear. Now im not pretending to be great at this game but like i was sayin in my first post strategy > skill in dom. For instance killing only a certain amount of minions on B will allow your minions to neutralize and take over the point after 5-10 seconds and not make it so 50 of the enemy minions respawn because you killed too many. You can achieve this with a single well placed flash bomb in certain sitation, or a flash and 1 zone attack. And at the start of the game dont kill all the minions in the middle, cause like i said they respawn super fast. So if you wanna camp A, and your whole team is attempting to take C but failing, you can relocate to B, flash it and run to A before the guy you killed is able to respawn and make it all the way back over. And timings of enemy respawns and whether you did a execution on them come into play with teamfights and capping stuff. STRATEGERRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pick Lawbringer
>Play against a high Rep PK
>Stay a round to see if I can ledge them
>Ledge them all three rounds if I can and they bitch about it
>If I can't ledge them just quit
I'm fucking amazed that PKs "nerf" didn't include her goddamn light spam, literally the biggest complaint about her

>Boot For Honor
>Accidentally Parry someone.
>Everything starts to lag seconds later.
>Connection Error.
>Close For Honor.

It's a sad state of affairs that Raider is at user, but keep up hope! Devs said they're planning fixes. Also, keep your distance from PKs, their lightspam is only good up close.

Spartan Hoplite

youtu.be/36OiRIxup3w

>their lightspam is only good up close.
>Their Dash have range of 30 feet.
>Try to Roll, get Stabbed.
>Can't outdistancee them because 2agile5u

well me and my roommate have a mic to share between us but our setups are right next to each other so you should be able to hear the both of us. we might be a teense bit late because i have to fix an electrical thing before we can hop on but we'll be on sometime past 12am EST tonight if you're interested

It'd be hard to make him much different than a male Valk.

90% of them close the distance with their forward leap stab, and that's super easy to parry/block. Remember, PK's don't have skill, so you just have to fight them remembering that they're clueless idiots.

>that slow ass nobushi top light

Is this really how easy pc players have it?

>Keep your range
>Against mile long dashes the character
You'll block/parry that leap stab once before they just start doing regular dashes to close the distance. "Keep your distance" from a PK is some of the worst advice there is because she won't fucking let you keep distance

>tfw the warden defense force is slowly disappearing from this general