Dota 2 General - /d2g/

Anime makes you a better Dota 2 player edition.

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Latest patch: dota2.com/news/updates/
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
dotabuff.com/
opendota.com/
datdota.com/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink Twitch GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

>COSMETIC ITEM BETTING
dota2lounge.com/
dota2.vpgame.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-zkHWbNZJEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>7.00

can i become a weeb if i'm not a virgin?

i'm so fucken lonely bros

yeeet

how long until we get this feature back

ummm. dotards? is this true? do cosmetics really make you win more?

literally pay2win

As long as the data supports it, it's true. But you'll need to aggregate ALL the winrates for all cosmetics for ALL heroes

sorry

wtf I hate correlation now!
This is the same reason talent tree pick win percentages are useless. If someone picks health on a carry it's because they're fighting a losing game, so of course that's going to have a lower win rate. Doesn't mean it's always the worse choice.

what's the point of playing dota with vg if they never play or have shitty attitudes? or any game with vg? why is everyone a shitter or some shy sexually repressed faggot? i just want to play some video games

yeah, its actually hipster to be an ironic weeb.

Just starting this game. Is it best to random in normal matches to get used to how the game works. Or focus on one hero and git gud with them?

Right now I'm just randoming so I can get the hang of everything and I don't really have a hero I like much.

>dota 2 can't eclipse the void anymore
i am switching off. goodbye lads.

see you next week bb

>Sunsfan got a Golden Frondilo and threw it away

random

it's good for you

>ta ends the game with 88 building damage
yeah this game sure is on me as the "only constant"
I'm definitely done for today this was too much

On what planet is the Dark Moon Roshan worth more than the other two Roshans and legacy couriers?

> Last 30 Days 544,056.3

just keeps tumbling tumbling tumbling tumbling down

That's what I figured in the long run. But man am I bad. Like really fucking bad.
Only way to get good is play, I guess.

k-kilo?

what?

Its simple.You bought the cosmetic for the hero you are good at.Noone spend money to buy hat for hero that they suck at

>Noone spend money to buy hat for hero that they suck at
I really don't agree with that, and I suspect everyone's experience is coherent with mine.

all the jugg arcana buyers ive been seeing in my games would like a word with you

Hello user who came up with the orchid clock build.I gave it a try and it was fun and i won three game in a row with it too.
Do you have any more unusual but effective build or some "think outside of the box" build?

it was 0.0001% drop chance
the other roshan couriers were if u glitched the event fight and fountain farmed pudge str stacks for 6 hours so you could one shot it with an eblade

Dotards, I want to play doter but I don't have time to play it.

What should I do?

why are anti-mage and invoker the biggest retard magnet heroes?

Well everyone have their favorite/main hero who they really like to play and probaly play a massive amount of game with said hero.This result in the increasing of skill and experience and usually they will perform well with that hero(win a lot,have good kda e.t.c).
When they mastered that hero ofc they will want to showoff and spend lot of money on expensive hat is one of the way

I usually quickly buy a few cool cosmetics for a hero during the pick phase, if I don't already.

Play overthrow and other short custom games

where is her nose

>slark, bloodcyka mentioned nowhere
found the bait post

>league of legends fucking won
how did it come to this? all these years and after valve finally makes some changes to the game they fucking kill it

The more I win, the goofier and worse the teammates get.

I thought it'd be the other way around.

If I play safelane carry all other lanes are lost, or I find out later that I'm solo and despite a 4 stack they don't by a single ward or talk.

I guess I'm I have to play solo offlane, and Axe/Enigma forever.

LoL didn't win, everyone just lost (us in particular).

I am glad people are saying "Valve made those changes" and not "Icefrog made those changes" though.

Timbersaw is also fun

>Noone spend money to buy hat for hero that they suck at

Then why do arcana owners suck so fucking much at their hero?

The last CM I played with had Frost Avalanche, fed 3/22, rushed Dagon 5 the whole game and didn't buy a single ward, even the starting ones.

hello d2g

Yeah we fcked up big time.
Just like the cold war,noone really win but in the end the comunist die.

>The game has finally died the death it deserves

>anti-mage
Petty narcissists that want to 1v9, but don't know how to farm. Doesn't help that AM is a shit hero though.
>invoker
Extremely hard to master, but pretty easy to play at a basic level. Makes shitters feel like pros.

The arcana maybe an exception because its too good,have really good graphic and animation so they kinda just fuck it and buy it anyway even if they sucked at that hero.
Just like transformer,we know it suck but we watch it anyway,because robot

Gonna try him too

>slark bloodcyka
even if the player sucks the hero will catch up and memeback
can't say that for antimage and invoker

are we alive?

>it's another dota 2 coordinator episode
CAN'T WAKE UP

what is dead may never die

tfw no cthulhu or dagon based hero

Hello! ^_^

how do i play gyro exactly?

right click on things

spam homing missile on enemy carry

why are you guys saying dota is dead?

trying queuing for a game, literally impossible

reminder that if your teammate or you dont have the midas alch item to report them.

jokes on you, I'm not lvl 20. Couldn't queue if I wanted to.

Name one hero better than Tusk

Yea, now you know the truth

youtube.com/watch?v=-zkHWbNZJEo

>buy clockwerk taunt
>go on a mega kill streak early
>get a kill by hooking invoker and battery assault gets the kill after my QoP tries to ult for a killsteal, get a double kill through cogs burning a shadowbladed doom
Absolutely hat buying is broken

death waifu

Because we wish it were.

>/d2g were secretly the communists the whole time

>slardar and slark say they serve deep ones (ie; shadow over innsmouth)
>item named dagon

>dagon slardar + dagon slark
how good is this two stack?

the item has fuck all to do with the actual god dagon tho

>bristle on your team 2 games in a row

Why is dismember's audio audible to everybody, even through the fog of war?

>tfw The enemy pick bristleshit I immediately pick silencer (support) just to ruin the bristle's game

That, and probably win the game also.

>teammate picks winter wyvren

Is this the most sure case of guaranteed -25?

What would a Dagon based hero even be like though? Dagon's mythology didn't survive the test of time except for second hand references from the Bible, which are they themselves barebones. We really only know Dagon was a worshiped Deity, not how the worship actually happened.

>instalock invoker mid russian
>instalock tinker mid russian next game
im done

If you want to go with Lovecraft-style dagon he'd be a giant fish-dude carrying a monolith around that he smacks people with.

psychological pressure

>FRESH MEAT!
>where the fuck is that fat cunt?

Even when he's on your team he makes you look out for him

fuck off "mmr assassin" meme spammer

name a more identifiable weapon of the mmr assassin then WW

you, dear spic

If I wanted to mmr assassinate, I would pick WW

Having an actual god in Dota wouldn't make sense, he'd need to be a champion of Dagon or something. The most powerful creatures in Dota that you can play as are Fundamentals, which were created by a Deity but aren't Deities themselves. There is Zeus, but he's a Demigod and all.

You play as Elder Titan too, but he was part of a creator race, individually he's not apparently that strong.
Actually this has me wondering, what exactly is the power hierarchy in Dotaland? Are Ancients Gods or just Godlike beings? Did they create the Gods even if it was indirectly, or were the Gods other beings that came into being? Are they stronger than Gods? Zeus doesn't know what the Ancients really are so it seems they're either a tier above Gods or a force so old they came before Gods.

Jungle LC?

No need to do that, you can just be you and assasinate your own mmr

>Posters: 43

I wish there were 42

I wish there were 41

what do you mean? speak direct im learning english pls

42 is the answer to life man. If the poster count has stayed there for the thread's entire lifetime, Dota 2's exact time of death would have been revealed to us all.

>tfw americans got bored of loosing MMR (because they are bad) and quit dota

Americans killed dota actually, they moved to more casual and simpler games, nintoddler jap shit maybe.

BETWEEN THE PLANES

Americans killed Dota by creating Reddit.

Why would I be afraid if I already know his ult is down?

you want to know what would save dota?

If they explained how to play the fucking game, instead of leaving simple shit like using a smoke for a gank out of public knowledge. This game has an artificial skill ceiling until you are 4kmmr. Everything below 4k is retards just trying to figure out how everything works. The only part that requires real knowledge of is what every hero is capable of, but with so many heroes only experience will show most people that.
oh wait they are trying that when they added the "learn" tab a couple months ago. Not soon enough to save the player base.

thats fucking tide hunter and he worships 'maelrawn' who sounds like dagon the god, because from what i saw from a google search dagon is a fish-god and a few references in the bible

Dagon isn't a fish related god, that's a misconception which has since been disproven, but largely because of Lovecraft, has stuck around in popular mythology.

Americans also killed Dota by deciding to literally balance the game around Reddit's opinion. idgaf if I'm an Americlap, if my own countrymen fuck up the game I call it like I see it

Uhmm..Why would a god limitate itself by being in a fish form?

It sounds very stupid if you ask me, why is this lovecraft dude so highly regarded?