The Soccer Momification of the SUV is a sad sight

The Soccer Momification of the SUV is a sad sight.

Cathy wants a sedan to hauls her kids around without worrying about hitting curbs.

High-Low gearboxes are too confusing.
She can't be trusted with 4WD, AWD is safer for parking lots.

Is that a GMC badge on that escudo? What the fuck is wrong with you Americans?

You do realize that the majority of drivers don't give a shit about off-roading and just want a comfortable, safe way to get to work, right?

it was called a tracker here and sold by chevy, cunt

You mean pre and post government safety regulations, right? Hate them you might, but modern cars have a purpose. To be safe, reliable, and fuel-efficient. Your ancient shitbox is none of those things. I'd like Trump to enact legislation prohibiting cars older than 10 years from being driven without an expensive monthly permit.

GM.

They were also badged as Chevy's and Geo's as well as the tracker. Pontiacs in Canada under something else IIRC.

Why not a car? Why a specialized vehicle with poorer ride?

The Tracker was badged as Geo, later Chevy, in the US, and GMC in Canada.

So are they escudos? Do American just not buy anything that has a Suzuki logo on it?

When the Japanese brands were first getting started, they established partnerships with the American companies. Ford and Mazda, GM and Isuzu/Suzuki/Toyota, Chrysler and Mitsubishi. The Japanese got increased market share and the American companies got small, fuel-efficient car designs that they could sell during the dark ages of the Arab oil embargos.

I'm just explaining why specialized vehicles aren't profitable anymore. People don't care about utility on 4x4 vehicles anymore.

Niche markets are bad for business.

There was a sunrunner too, same thing but Pontiac, at first it was Asuna, basically a one year throw away marque that was gonna basically be Geo in Canada, but it didn't last.

No we also had them as Suzuki's as the sidekick too...with no real difference but the badge as far as I know.

Also about safety regulations as well. Make them lower so they don't roll over as much, make them heavier so if they do roll over, they don't cave in.

JA60 Qx56 was probably the last decent SUV

The new 4Runner looks pretty good tho.

this. everyone still thought jap cars were shit and wouldn't buy them. the engineers at the big 3 knew better and rebranded some of the most amazing designs of the last 30 years

>isuzu pup
>mitsubishi mighty max

the chevy trax isn't even an suv

no it does not. it looks like a plastic pos.

>YJ
Cathy started at that point

t. YJ owner

>it is possible to be this much of a faggot
I never knew.

Heee, I have a 2008 daihatsu Terios and it's pretty handy and rides really nice. Sure it's not as fun or fast than my skyline Gtr but then again it's not supposed to.
SUV are not bad cars what is bad is that nowaday 80% of new cars are SUV and it's taking a toll on manufacturers willing to make something else because they know it's not gonna sell as well as the new hybrid soccer mom fwd SUV