/sthg/ Sonic The Hedgehog General

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #730- School Girl Knuckles Edition

Link Compilation<
pastebin.com/J6hTXkhK

Drawfag/Writefag Idea Walls<
pastebin.com/j8KkPQ4n
pastebin.com/jNKKMk5b

News/Developments<
Sonic Project 2017 is now Sonic Forces
tssznews.com/2017/03/16/sxsw-sonic-2017-project-sonic-2017-is-officially-called-sonic-forces/

Sonic Mania Delayed to Summer 2017
tssznews.com/2017/03/16/sonic-sxsw-2017-sonic-mania-delayed-to-summer-2017/

Flying Battery Zone Shown for Mania
tssznews.com/2017/03/16/sxsw-sonic-2017-flying-battery-zone-revealed-in-sonic-mania/

Archie Comics in Jeopardy
tssznews.com/2017/03/28/archie-sonic-update-sega-archie-are-talking-comics-getting-resolicited-cancelled-listings/

Sonic Forces Gameplay
youtu.be/_Zm0FvEn5CU

Bump in Sonic 1 v0.1
www55.zippyshare.com/v/x5kpc8IZ/file.html

Sonic Boom Seasons 1 & 2 can be watched here:
toonova.com/sonic-boom
toonova.com/sonic-boom-season-2

Sonic Runners Adventure Rumor!
youtube.com/watch?v=aMVWVJhSnGo

New Info Leaks on Sonic Forces and Mania
twitter.com/BlueParax/status/852177946773270530
image.prntscr.com/image/aa29d823773843df8b8dc0aa2c626b08.jpeg

Apparently, Sonic Mania looks like it will have at least 23 stages.

Previous Thread:veekyforums.com/thread/173797961/video-games

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12734738
veekyforums.com/thread/173797961/video-games
youtube.com/watch?v=paGi5D2-QMc
vocaroo.com/i/s0dOINeJLTJH
youtu.be/i1NfWIaYed8?t=50s
nintendonewsblogger.tumblr.com/post/159498588913/famitsu-interview-shares-new-details-on-sonic
youtube.com/watch?v=zs_qbf4Nnzw
twitter.com/gameloft/status/851847556661481473
youtu.be/of3VPm19jxg
tssznews.com/2017/02/14/sonic-project-2017-eggman-is-main-villain-no-multiplayer-features-games-genre-is-actionadventure/
picarto.tv/GeekofLove
youtube.com/watch?v=uinraME9oBs
sonic.sega.jp/SonicForces/
twitter.com/Babylonian/status/852298423931854848
i.imgur.com/0CdjIrc.png
twitter.com/SonicNewsNow/status/852374303983251456
youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
veekyforums.com/thread/173874775/video-games
veekyforums.com/thread/173874880/video-games

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

strawpoll.me/12734738
strawpoll.me/12734738
strawpoll.me/12734738

Reposting.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Who /stillhypedforForces/ here?

SniperGod
SniperGod

Is it a defense force if it's objectively true that Classic is better than Modern and Mania is the only Sonic game we need?

Also Mania, while a ROMhack, is still better than anything Sonic Team can put out apparently. Just hand Sonic over to Taxman and be done with it

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

I'm back to being really worried about Forces.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Reposting the webm of Classic Sonic gameplay in Sonic Forces.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Me

I still think the classic gameplay is from a level creator

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

You couldn't make this Sonic forces themed?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Honestly, this is what bothers me the most. It looks so fucking bare and empty.

Supergrass
Supergrass

I'm still hyped. The Boost gameplay looks fun & while Classics gameplay looks mediocre, it's nothing worth shouting doom & gloom over. The game so far has revealed to be everything I expected it to be, which is fine.

likme
likme

Right here senpai!

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Except Modern Sonic played better than Classic Sonic in Generations. There's not much competition besides "muh nostalgia" because Classic played like sluggish shit compared to the level design for Modern taking a lot of the good aspects of Unleashed and Colors and doing them well.

Besides Planet Wisp. Fuck Planet Wisp.

SniperWish
SniperWish

Shut the fuck up how about you make the thread next time?

TechHater
TechHater

pyramid in the bakground

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Classic Sonic is back for god knows what reason so he can eat off of more nostalgia.
The Wisps are still around.
Boost gameplay has returned.
All the old character are just NPC cheerleaders again.
ANOTHER new character is being introduced. Looks like Bubsy to boot.
It's a "Eggman obtains/unlocks/unleashes another mystic power to beat Sonic/rule the world" plot again.
Classic Sonic's Green Hill stage looks like complete ass, and his gameplay looks like it's suffering too.
The guy who designed Sonic & The Secret Rings, Sonic & The Black Knight, Sonic Colors, and directed Sonic Colors is directing the game.

Dead. On. Fucking. Arrival.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Shills pls

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

I don't understand why people complain about Boost. I mean there is also the fucking Wisps.

But who cares guys, we'll have Mania & Forces, both for free along with the One Piece

Also remember, to kill Solaris, we need to kill him in the pasr (Generations, Time Eater), the present (2006 with Super Sonic, Super Shadow & Super Silver) and the future (Sonic Forces)

hairygrape
hairygrape

Hyped for Boost gameplay
Disappointed in Classic gameplay
Worried about new gameplay and character

Playboyize
Playboyize

Gee, I wonder why that could be...

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

DON'T WORRY! BE HAPPY!
BE HAPPY THAT YOU CAN PLAY MANIA ON THE SWITCH AND THUS ON THE GO!
youtube.com/watch?v=paGi5D2-QMc
BE HAPPY GOD DAMNIT! DON'T SHIT YOUR PANTS OVER A 10 SECOND VIDEO!

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I was literally about to post a thread with the new character as the op.
I made the last one.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@173827876
Seen better ironic shitposting from /nepgen/. No (You) for you.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Not Forces Themed
After getting new Forces stuff.

OP I am disappointed.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

I wish I could roll back to yesterday...

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

I'm less disappointing, more confused as to how they could mess up something like the classic gameplay. When they've shown themselves capable of doing better than this. It's not Sonic cycle, but it's not exactly covering themselves in glory.

Also the fact that people are defending this, I can accept that we need to see more before passing judgement. I can accept that it's not 06 levels of bad, but you can't look at this footage and say 'yep, this is what we waited for over 2 years for.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

The only people that are just now upset about Boost being back are people that didn't see the fucking reveal trailer, which has shown that Boost was gonna be back.

Emberfire
Emberfire

All the old character are just NPC cheerleaders again.
Literally nothing wrong with this. They're called supporting characters for a reason

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

I'm less defending Forces personally and more getting tired of the people that show exactly why people can believe IGN when they say everything Sonic is and has always been awful.

FastChef
FastChef

People will look at this and say "yes, this is fine"

Okay, so it's not a full gameplay video or anything like that, but EVERYTHING in this clip is garbage.
It's like they found the absolute worst gameplay clip they could find to show on the Direct.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Wait who the fuck said the old characters are going to be sidelined again? Just because they aren't playable doesn't mean that they aren't going to be relevant to the story.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Because it is fine. Stop crying so hard.

SniperGod
SniperGod

It's really time for Sonic Team to give up on 2D gameplay entirely. Leave it to the Mania guys.

eGremlin
eGremlin

vocaroo.com/i/s0dOINeJLTJH

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

I think it looks fine. It's only 10 seconds, anyway.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

not even on-model

Sickening

It's called people overreacting. The game has already said they're gonna help the Sonics beat Eggman. They're most likely gonna do something, even if they're just NPCs.

w8t4u
w8t4u

It's really time for Sonic Team to give up on Sonic entirely. Leave it to the Mania guys.
FTFY
T. Shill

idontknow
idontknow

Tails,Knuckles,Shadow and Amy
Supporting Characters

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I doubt you wrote this down with a straight face.

SniperWish
SniperWish

So what's with the bitching about Aerial Momentum again?
The fact that the spring cancelled out all of Sonic's forward momentum, or the fact that Sonic is able to move like that in the air to the side?

askme
askme

Hey you sound better than the current Shadow VA

Also I wouldn't hate a ShtH2

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

RE:173827880
(You) sure told me

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

They've been reduced to radio chatter last I read.

that laugh
I'm the coolest

TreeEater
TreeEater

They're most likely gonna do something, even if they're just NPCs.
Probably via moral support or warning about incoming attacks.
Well they are. Sonic is the main character, they're his supporting characters

Snarelure
Snarelure

Responding to an old shitpost

Stop.

Anyways, while Classic Sonic's gameplay looks alright, I'm more interested in the new character.

WebTool
WebTool

BLUHBLUHBLUH SHILL REEEEEEE
Fucking kek.
I certainly didn't type it out with an curved face.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Kek. Nice.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Well with trailers like this, can you blame them?

It is somewhat hard to believe that the same people, who made beloved classic games could trot out something that looks like like Sonic 4 episode 1 with a fresh coat of paint.

youtu.be/i1NfWIaYed8?t=50s

I think this surmises the frustration; Mania is over there making something that looks fantastic, utterly fantastic. While Sonic Team cannot even manage to make a level or at least show part of a level that isn't 'run right and jump'.

Lunatick
Lunatick

b-but it's still in development it's just an alpha/beta!

Why would you even show it then?
They've been so secretive and selective about Forces and what they show of it until now, it's just baffling that they decided THIS was how they wanted to show the game off.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

The former.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

that laugh
Thank you based Shadow user

girlDog
girlDog

OC Generator in Forces
No Multiplayer
No Online

One step forward and two steps back as always I see.

idontknow
idontknow

Why are people going out of their way to defend what we just saw? Generations and Lost World didn't show us shitty footage like this.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Because they either show something or have the hype they built up drop off like a rock. Did you expect them to have the game fully finished to show? Retard. Even Crashfags can understand this.

FastChef
FastChef

Glorious.

takes2long
takes2long

Because they either show something or have the hype they built up drop off like a rock.
Oh the irony.

Inmate
Inmate

But that's wrong. Sonic 4 was made by Dimps.

RumChicken
RumChicken

Tried to get a 1080p screenshot of the new character from non-stream footage since Nintendo's uploaded it all onto their channel more directly. Still obnoxiously blurred and underdetailed though.

To be honest, most of the people actually responsible for the classic games probably aren't even party of the company anymore, are they?

TechHater
TechHater

Because not everybody is upset with what they saw. Fuck sakes, calm down.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

They're just paid shills and shitposters. Ignore them

FastChef
FastChef

One step forward and two steps back as always I see
That one step is pretty pitiful when you look at the giant leaps backward we got from Lost World and Boom.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

I guess we know why they were so secretive. It looks like ass.

Lunatick
Lunatick

There is no irony. Most people, at least here, are still hyped because they're not retarded.

Soft_member
Soft_member

Multiplayer & Online in Sonic Forces
It's Time Attack against Ghost recorded user
I don't know man

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Because what they showed for Modern was hype.

What they showed for Classic kills the hype compared to Mania's reveal.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

If you're ever in a bad mood and get tired of all the shitposting, just remember:

"Nobody cares but /sthg/"

w8t4u
w8t4u

I'm not sure you understood my post.

Forces information wasn't even announced for this direct. They didn't need to show anything, as they normally don't. Like I said, they're very selective and secretive about what information they present about Forces.

They didn't need to show anything at all, but instead they showed exactly what people didn't want to see.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Don't worry guys, we've survived shitty Sonic games before. We'll do it again. We always have.

We just gotta stick together...right?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

like something
SHILLS SHILLS SHILLS SHILLS SHILLS
Quiet with the autistic screeching, lad. You're gonna wake up your mum.

Evilember
Evilember

nintendonewsblogger.tumblr.com/post/159498588913/famitsu-interview-shares-new-details-on-sonic
- the third character in Forces will be an “unexpected character”
- Sonic Boom Sonic is NOT in the game
- the third character “plays an important role in the story, and embodies the overall features of the game”
- Sonic 3’s bonus stages seem likely to return in Sonic Mania
- “The boost system from Sonic Unleashed is present, as well as stages based on reaching the goal and clearing them a certain time limit also seem to be present.”
- “Classic Sonic stages are based on side scrolling 2D action" and will also have a twist
- Sonic Forces will be at E3 this year
- E3 will be where the third character will be revealed
- Sonic Forces story: “Dr. Eggman took over 99% of the world. Sonic and the “Resistance” members are fighting. Then another Sonic appears…”
- the reason why Eggman takes over so much of the world is because of “a new power” that his obtains
- this is the same power that makes classic Sonic appear
- Morio Kishimoto is the director of Sonic Forces
- Sonic Forces has been in development since 2013, and started around Sonic Lost World’s release
- “Forces was chosen as a subtitle from it meaning “power” and “army”. Two strong forces (Sonic and co vs. Eggman) are facing off in the game.”
- “This time, Sonic is fighting an Eggman who has nearly taken over the world.”
- the game won’t be all dark and gloomy, but there are some lighter stages in Forces
- Sonic Mania’s development began in 2015, as Sonic Team wanted to do a new 2D Sonic game and “not a remake”
- the general rule for the art of Sonic Mania was to be above the level of Genesis, but under the level of Saturn
- gameplay for Mania is similar to Sonic 3
- elemental shields were mentioned as returning

SniperGod
SniperGod

Classic Sonic was a mistake.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

I wasn't saying that it was, I was just saying that is what the footage reminded me of.

Well, they work there, people have played the old games. They must know, why can't they LEARN?

Okay, the boost may be good, I'm sure that will be fine, I just feel that it will be weighed down by a completely lackluster Sonic 4/Lost World 2D style 'classic' Sonic and the wild card that is Hugh DePlayr's gameplay.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

But it honestly doesn't look that bad.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

I used to think VAs made everything better... but not this time.

iluvmen
iluvmen

What they showed for Modern was just as barebones as what they showed for Classic. Thank god you kneejerk dipshits are the minority in this.
but instead they showed exactly what people didn't want to see
implying everyone is as upset about these non-issues as the 7 or so people in this general having a fit, one of which being you

SniperWish
SniperWish

Incorrect, looking around other communities, everyone is pissed by this.

Unless you're referring to something else.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

This. There was some complaints, but no one was flying off the handle this hard with Boost.

Forces doesn't look that shitty. Classic Sonic's gameplay looks unimpressive especially compared to Mania, but that was an inevitability the moment it was shown that he was gonna be in the game. The Boost gameplay looks super fun & the third gameplay & new character is something I'm curious about. People everywhere needs to chill.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Modern Sonic brings the hype.
Classic Sonic kills it not even a month after. 3 weeks to be exact.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Okay

What's *good* about that gameplay, and don't say 'well I don't care about classic Sonic' because that's not the point. You'll still play those stages same as you'll play the werehog or Big's fishing stages.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

implying everyone is as upset about these non-issues as the 7 or so people in this general
Maybe if you got out of your bubble here and dropped the delusion, you'd see people ARE angry about this.

Inmate
Inmate

It's been in development in 5 years.

Still can't fix Classic's Gameplay

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Classicfags right now

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Well, they work there, people have played the old games. They must know, why can't they LEARN?
Most Japanese companies don't learn from the past. Just look at Konami and Capcom, who only use the past as a means of reselling the same shit over and over and over with the same stuff on top. Sega takes one step forward and two steps back all the time in learning lessons.

Classic Sonic in terms of games is probably something Sonic Team wants to overcome and rise out of the shadow of, rather than be forever held to. Which is why Classic Sonic in Generations was unrefined and kinda felt slapped in since it was only added in on fan demand. The character himself in the 3D games is pretty much just to appeal to older audiences that bitch about everything Modern.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

You should take your own advice and see that pretty much not even 10% of people are upset.

Skullbone
Skullbone

3-4 years. It's been worked on since Lost World.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Because it's not a 1 to 1 comparison. What they showed for Modern looked like a return to Unleashed/Generations after Lost World. That's hype.

Classic is already redundant with Mania, but the fact that it looks visually unappealing compared to Generations, and looks to be more of the same with no improvement? That's concerning.

But your right, it's only been 10 seconds, so we should wait.

I just wish it were a better 10 seconds is all.

idontknow
idontknow

Looks like the shitpostees are now the shitposters!

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

hyped for boostan
meh towards classic
What a weird timeline to be living in.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Would people be as mad about this if Mania wasn't a thing?

With Mania around, it just makes Forces' Classic look tragically incompetent.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

6 years have passed
But...I do not improve. Time has lost its effect on me.
Yet, the dark ages continue.
Iizuka's idiocy chokes the past, present, and future. Hope is lost.
Gotta get back
Back to the past
Sonic Mania

w8t4u
w8t4u

I've noticed this had been happening with Forces and Mania as well before. Whoever is handling these things needs a good shakeup.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

I just wish it were a better 10 seconds is all.
That probably WAS the best 10 seconds Sega had to offer.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

but the fact that it looks visually unappealing compared to Generations, and looks to be more of the same with no improvement? That's concerning.
Maybe if you have no clue how game development works. I'm not worried at all because this is simply how it happens. Ignorants like you will always flip out about how bad a game looks when early footage is shown and it almost always ends up being fine, granted nothing major happens like with RoL.

Methnerd
Methnerd

This. My first reaction was 'at least we have Mania'.

After being hype for Modern's section at the panel a few weeks ago, this is not good.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

I can get that, they want to move forward, then why can't they let go? They have Mania? I like classic Sonic and I have that, I'm excited for Boosting Sonic, however to know that they wasted their damn time on making a Sonic 4 esque slapped-on Classic (judging from this footage, they may of course surprise us) when they could have been adding and refining to Boost. It's just ridiculous.

eGremlin
eGremlin

I dunno, but it really does look bad in comparison. It doesn't look much better, if at all, than Generations version either.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT

idontknow
idontknow

sega doesnt want to spoil the game
"lets show them green hill"

Nojokur
Nojokur

Just reuse some of the assets. Is that so hard?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Probably.

This. Almost everyone here seems to not mind Boost coming back & being used, but almost everyone is either unimpressed or downright pissed with Classic Sonic's gameplay.

Definitely a valid criticism. You know what? I'm glad this is happening. When Forces comes out & people praise the Boost gameplay & (depending on what it is) the third gameplay style, while shitting over how unimpressive Classic Sonic's is, this may convince SEGA to stop using him in the 3D games.

Skullbone
Skullbone

Forces should've just been a boost game. There, I said it.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Probably because there was so much praise for Classic Sonic being a part of Generations that they wanted to play it safe and appeal to everyone with their next big game.

Honestly, depending on how the third character plays, i'd rather they just cut Classic out unless it was like some minigame/sidegame thing, because I too would want to see Boost refinement.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Any dates for Mania & Forces?

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Oh yeah. Let's do that and have to replace all of them with new ones later instead of updating the basic ones put in originally. That's a waste of time. Not to mention it's a new engine so who knows how easy it is to import assets from the old one to this one.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Summer 2017 and Holiday 2017.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Never.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Even though I despise the boost, Classic Sonic should not even be in there.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

tfw Nintendo pulled out more valuable news on than the Sonic March 16th meeting

whereismyname
whereismyname

I'd post some more "leaks" because of the new thread but I'm pretty sure this thread and at least the next 3-4 will be cursaded against autistic shitposters from /v/, enraged classicbabbies and the ever omnipresent residential shitposter and no amount of fun is going to get rid of them.

I will say that everyone needs to calm the fuck down over literally 20 seconds (if not less) of total gameplay reveal.

If I showed you the first 20 seconds of Breath of the Wild with nothing else you'd think it'd probably be shit.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Here are the results.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

GIVE ME STICKS OR GIVE ME DEATH

Supergrass
Supergrass

Just do it from the get go then.

Wasn't the point of 2.0 to be an improved Hedgehog Engine? I may need to look at the panel again.

5mileys
5mileys

Thanks user

Let's analyze this, maybe there is something else

cum2soon
cum2soon

Sonic is announced for Switch before Mario is even known to have a game coming for it, much less before the first Switch trailer
Nintendo news articles and such give us more info about the game than SEGA is bothering with

Techpill
Techpill

If I showed you the first 20 seconds of Breath of the Wild with nothing else you'd think it'd probably be shit.

Maybe, but if you showed me the first 20 seconds of Mania with nothing else I'd think it'd be great.

MPmaster
MPmaster

Why a new character? Why can't they just make one of the many characters they already have playable?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Lost initial hype when first seeing Classic Sonic during the 1st trailer
Meh onBoost gameplay
Meh on Classic gameplay
Meh on 3rd character tease

Not saying "SONIC'S SHIT AGAIN REEEEE" but I'm just not interested in this game like I am with Mania I'm not even a Classicfag

Techpill
Techpill

Mfw silver's in forces but shadow isn't

StonedTime
StonedTime

I think without Mania classic fans would completely flip.

Nojokur
Nojokur

I can't believe Bubsy is finally back.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Probably because it's our own original character that follows the "Join The Resistance" tagline the game has.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Because that's a good idea.

Get your pom-poms ready.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Well, some would say the game is shit.

It all depends on the role he has.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Really hard to tell if the gameplay is working very well without visuals and early alpha placeholders would not go over very well. You really don't understand how this works, do you?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

HOLY SHIT I KNOW WHO'S THAT NEW ALLY IS.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Same.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Well, some would say the game is shit.
And those people are objectively wrong.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Imagine how huge the autistic meltdown would be.

Illusionz
Illusionz

I really don't. But does the 10 second reveal of Classic's gameplay not count as a visual/placeholder?

All I'm saying is that next to Mania and Modern's gameplay, what we saw gets a resounding 'meh.'

hairygrape
hairygrape

Eggman's newfound power is Jerry's ungodly amount of luck.
Eggman keeps Jerry caged inside his biggest/most epic war machine so that no matter what it can't be destroyed.
I could definitely dig it just for the absolute bullshittery it is.

Techpill
Techpill

please no

Skullbone
Skullbone

Yeah, but they'd say it anyways.

So /sthg/, if SEGA showed everything we've already seen with Forces but instead of Classic's gameplay, we saw Tails or Knuckles or Amy with Adventure style gameplay, how would you feel?

cum2soon
cum2soon

I'm just mad that the new character is a guy. It's bad enough that this series is a sasuage fest like kingdom hearts is.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

So I wasn't the only one who thought that.

In all seriousness though I have more chance of getting laid, winning the lottery and being struck by lightning at the same time then any Archie character appearing in a game again after Spinball.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

I would have orgasamed.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Oh sweet jesus
"""New""" character is from the timeline where eggman controlled the planet
hair looks similar to cat but could be anything
its Metal sonic turned human and takes the place of that timelines sonic
mfw hes leading the Resistance
new gameplay is using Burst Shield and tearing through zones

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

No. Placeholder textures are usually just images stretched to cover a surface rather than specifically created textures so everything doesn't just look the same. What we saw was some basic models and textures that are expected of an early build. Whine about the quality if you see more of the same close to release.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

So what're the odds that the two Eggmans from Generations are working together, and GHZ going all sand and the world conquering is pretty much a Bad Future situation on a worldwide scale?

cum2soon
cum2soon

youtube.com/watch?v=zs_qbf4Nnzw
How long until we get the Rouge's Misadventures DLC?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

So Who's hype for Arms?

likme
likme

Okay but here's the thing. That's supposed to be a promotional shot. As in actually promote the game. It's supposed to indicate to audiences what the game is going to be like. If the difference between that and the final game is going to be so large, then why bother in the first place?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Ok. Die.

Inmate
Inmate

am i going nuts or are the OC's whiskers/face fur rising after the shot zooms out

SniperWish
SniperWish

I'd die straight up die from hype.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

I still need to get a switch.
yfw werehog for Arms

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

It told us that Classic was going to be in the same style as in Gens. Looking at the amount of foreground and background elements and resolution of textures for what the final product will be is absolutely stupid.

idontknow
idontknow

I'm throwing my hat in with you. I'm not enthralled with what I've seen of Classic, but I'm hype as shit for Modern, and the music and the "conquered world" tone. I'm expecting to be pleasantly surprised by whatever the third character is, and really if it is a create-a-character than the only way it'll be disappointing to me is if the customization options are sorely limited.

Methnerd
Methnerd

My hype is for Splatoon 2. I love the look of that new mode.
Also that Senran Kagura game. My dick is ready.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

This. LItterally all I hate is Classic's gameplay, because Mania.

Boost and 3rd character make me orgasam.

Problem is, it looks redundant with Mania. What little we saw did not put those fears to rest.

w8t4u
w8t4u

/me

askme
askme

is there anyone who was going to but forces but is now put off?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Classic honestly shouldn't have been included in the first place, solely because they knew the Taxman team would be tied up with Mania.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Problem is, it looks redundant with Mania
ohboytwocakes.jpeg
There is no problem and there is no redundancy.

girlDog
girlDog

I'm still getting it for PC for the sake of mods.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

I still find it weird how it's Switch only and not PS4.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Jeez If we can get this much commotion from small info I can't imagine what E3's gonna be like

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Presumable a few, see:

I'm still optimistic for Forces, mainly Modern and whatever the third style is, but I have no interest in Classic.

Which is fine, we have Mania for that, but I hope it doesn't shit up Forces too much.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

If Classic gameplay is the worst part of Forces, and is at least on par with Generations, it'll still be purchase-worthy to me.

likme
likme

Generations Classic didn't play 100 percent acurate, but was still alright at the time.

Now that Mania exists, why does Sonic Team have to slap on nostalgia to sell a boost game?

Still hype, but am confused.

TreeEater
TreeEater

and will also have a twist
goddammit

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

I will take that decision when they give me all the information on what I'd be buying.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

tfw I'm trying to find something too
retouched the pic

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

I really hope classic sonic only has a few levels in forces.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Everyone's gonna be nuclear

MPmaster
MPmaster

Well the games did start on a Nintendo console. Time to come home.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I'm glad. I don't need another folder with tons of images.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

im hoping this is just a random civilian who happened to be on screen with the mention on the 3rd gameplay style.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Well maybe 7 should be on Switch too.

askme
askme

Honestly beyond the head due to the ears and facial fur, the new character is so lacking in detail besides generic gloves and shoes that it's impossible to figure out if it's an old character and just looks too bland to be a new one given how even characters of the same species in this series just about always look visually distinct enough to stand out.

As is it literally looks like Antonie's head ontop of Sonic's body.

Skullbone
Skullbone

The new character is so generic looking that it might actually be a default created character
oh jesus christ no sega please

Evilember
Evilember

It's a probably a more serious title than the sony games, and thank fuck. I just hope Naraku and Kagura aren't as prominent.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Honestly I don't think the OC is related to Blaze at all stricktly because his fur color seems to be red.

MPmaster
MPmaster

It's like they found the absolute worst gameplay clip they could find to show on the Direct.
All according to keikaku.

Soft_member
Soft_member

Mania is a shitty romhack!
Forces is doomed!
THIS IS HOW SONIC DIES!
I'M DONE WITH THIS FRANCHISE
Sonic fans who are autistic enough about Sonic to post in Sonic the Hedgehog General on Veeky Forums are being overwhelmed by asshurt Johnny-come-lately GAF users that cry doomsday at every 10 seconds of footage

RavySnake
RavySnake

Anything's possible. We are living in a timeline where Pay Day is on a Nintendo console.
Honestly more surprised to see a Fate game on there. What the fuck is going on on this timeline?

Inmate
Inmate

Knuckles is red and tikal is blonde anything is possible.

Booteefool
Booteefool

hivemind

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Mania is a shitty romhack!

only most fucktard of fucktards post that, most people are still happy about it.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Not the right place but fuck it I am.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Before you know it GTA will be on the Switch which I'll gladly take since totally not Vice City is next in line.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

That game legitimately looks like a lot of fun. That said I feel like games need to realize that not EVERY title deserves to be a $50 + dollar release.

This looks like it should be about 40 or somethin'

Snarelure
Snarelure

Johnny-come-lately GAF users
Almost nobody is pleased with Classic Sonic in Forces, either on /sthg/ or other sites. Get out of your bubble.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Explosion from hype overdrive

Methshot
Methshot

Since we have present sonic and classic sonic.

Might the new character be Future sonic? If so, what the fuck happened to his hairdo?

idontknow
idontknow

I won't lie, I'll be pretty disappointed if you can't choose to be a girl or a guy, and the customization options are shitty.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

go away from thread for awhile
all this shit happens

Typical.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

I'd regain all hype for Forces

takes2long
takes2long

I won't lie, I'll be pretty disappointed if I can't be a degenerate furry
FTFY

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

people think that it will be OC customization
tfw It's just Bubsy
I'm gonna laugh so hard

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

That dragon lazer shit looked like absolute bullshit in the gameplay.

likme
likme

Male characters are always extremely simple. Female characters are only more complex due to clothing.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

If we haven't hit #1000 by then, we will within a week of E3.

SniperWish
SniperWish

Exactly the same, there are much bigger issues with what they showed than Classic being there.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Thread for panel and then 700 immediately after

thread for E3 and then 1000 immediately after

Methnerd
Methnerd

Hivemind meme
die

Flameblow
Flameblow

Even then, they usually have some special hair, distinct gloves/shoes or something. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles have similar base bodies but their different heads combined with Tails'.. tails, and Knuckles' knucklespikes as well as lego blocks on his shoes help them stand out. Shadow has unique gloves and shoes combined with a headshape that seems unnatural, and Silver has sleeker boots with large bracelets and his pothead hair.

This character just looks like a unique head on a red Sonic body.

Soft_member
Soft_member

post top favorite sonic girls

1. Sticks
2. Rouge
3. Nicole

Methnerd
Methnerd

Niggers, we would need to do over 3 threads a day every day from here to E3 to reach #1000 anywhere near it.

eGremlin
eGremlin

E3 is only 2 months away, user, we won't even hit #800 by then.

Inmate
Inmate

This character just looks like a unique head on a red Sonic body
So a male Sonic character.

Evilember
Evilember

Amy, Rouge, Blaze.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

it's a self insert character that you make

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Well, #800 then.

happy_sad
happy_sad

1. Blaze
2. Bunnie
3. Merlina
That last one was out of left field, huh?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

twitter.com/gameloft/status/851847556661481473

What if the Runners Adventure leak was intentional?

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Amy, Sticks, Rouge

Methnerd
Methnerd

1. Bunnie
2. Sticks
3. Sally

farquit
farquit

Sally/Nicole
Bunnie
Rouge

eGremlin
eGremlin

full FAQ with details on the game and even artwork on it
when discovered, it is slowly pulled down, a few questions at a time
Yeah, I never really bought the whole "leak" thing. This was no accident.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

1. Amy
2. Blaze
3. Shade

Lunatick
Lunatick

1. Amy
2. Rouge
3. Blaze

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

It occurs to me that because of that short segment in the direct, the sonic threads are gonna be quite a bit less bearable for a while.
Just gonna be full of complaints, "Sonic was never good", "Sonic was ALWAYS good", complaints about all the complaints (myself included) and 3rd character speculation ranging for create-a-character to Bubsy jokes.

I miss not knowing anything. Leaks were a mistake.

RavySnake
RavySnake

The silhouette looks like an amateur OC. I am not feeling good about this.

WebTool
WebTool

free marketing as a "leak"

DeathDog
DeathDog

1. Bunnie
2. Clove
3.Cassia

Clove will never act tsun as fuck around you
She and Cassia will never get the happy ending
Prepare the rope, I need it

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

What would happen if Eggman used the Chaos Emeralds on himself?

youtu.be/of3VPm19jxg

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

You know, I should be grimacing at the thought of OCs, but I'm kinda glad I can play as not Sonic in a possibly 3D style. But if their gameplay style sucks ass, so help me god.

WebTool
WebTool

no one gives a shit for once we get actual news and all you can do is talk about cartoon girls you'll never fuck

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Agreed.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Shade
Explain yourself

WebTool
WebTool

Where do you think you are?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

3rd gameplay style is adventure

Nojokur
Nojokur

1. Amy
2. Sticks
3.Zeena

King_Martha
King_Martha

It's mostly died down already.

Even if Forces Classic initially looks like trash, there's still some optimism in the Modern and third styled, hell maybe Classic won't be as bad as it looks. So it's not a complete disaster.

And there's still Mania to look forward to - and we already know it's good.

The Bubsy talk is hilarious to me though so I'm fine with it.

askme
askme

The reason why Eggman takes over so much of the world is because of “a new power” that his obtains, resulting in his army controlling that much of the world.
However, this power is also what makes Classic Sonic appear.
It's what you would expect I guess but it's still a bit disappointing.

Methshot
Methshot

Explain YOURSELF why Shade isn't one of the best choices.

Emberfire
Emberfire

You seem to care enough to quote me. Checkmate, cocksucker :^)

TechHater
TechHater

1. Amy
2. Zeena
3. Rouge

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

So the usual?

Firespawn
Firespawn

The reason why Eggman takes over so much of the world is because of “a new power” that his obtains

Eggman's power is create-a-character
He creates an army of OC's to take over the world
Both Sonics team up to take down the fakers

5mileys
5mileys

My psycho death fearing wife Merlina is superior.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Eggman unseals the power of Deviantart to conquer the world.

Inmate
Inmate

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Holy shit, that sounds EXTREMELY similar to the Skylanders Imaginators plot.

SniperWish
SniperWish

3rd gameplay style
Stop it. All of you.

Nobody has ever said, in any point in time, that there would be 3 gameplay styles. There will be a new character. There will be a new gameplay element. But you won't be playing in anything other than sidescrolling platforming and 3D boosting.

RavySnake
RavySnake

the game is a direct sequel to Lego Dimensions

Nojokur
Nojokur

Your OC is just a random mook Sonic beats up
The entire point of the game is to shit on OCs and show that not even Sonic likes them
I fucking wish, maybe it'd discourage the recolors

MPmaster
MPmaster

Yes

Evilember
Evilember

1. Blaze
2. Bunnie
3. Sally

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

You naive fool.

iluvmen
iluvmen

I know it'll never happen, but I want it just for the butthurt from shitty OC makers

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Still buttmad about yesterday huh

hairygrape
hairygrape

Maybe

likme
likme

I hope Aaron makes it all well again tomorrow. I don't know how but I just hope it happens.

TreeEater
TreeEater

Wait. So let me get this straight. If the 3rd style is a mode featuring an OC you create, does that mean sega thought this would be the best bet to get sales? As opposed to say, creating something like a sequel/spinoff for Rush, Advance, Storybook, or dare I say Adventure?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Don't worry, I'm sure he's got a hot gamegrumps meme ready to post.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Huh? I just want to see the fanbase burn

TechHater
TechHater

I'd rather talk about fucking fictional cartoon hedgehogs than "Wow, this looks awful."

There's like...nothing I can do with pessimism. If I think the game is gonna be shit there's nothing to look forward to. Why speculate anything? Why look forward to it? Why even discuss it?

I'd prefer to wait out all the shitposting because saying the game is gonna be shit isn't really a promotion for decent discussion. None of us have the power to change these things. Since most of it's gonna just be people saying "It's dead" I'd rather talk about Amy's butt to take my mind off it.

iluvmen
iluvmen

sega knows how sacred the NAME SA3 is and doesnt want to fuck up. Theyre letting iizuka do his thing before they trust anyone on the team to take it on

idontknow
idontknow

Zeena's never coming back because of the other severely worse Yetis weighing her down

hairygrape
hairygrape

sega knows how sacred the NAME SA3 is
But not Sonic 4?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

There's always...olympic games?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

No they did, they just didn't care as much back then

iluvmen
iluvmen

probably learned from that to not fuck up a name

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Fans have already made games that are on par with the classic games. Sonic Adventure is a different entity.

eGremlin
eGremlin

So it's only discussion if it's positive?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

He just wants a hugbox like his precious Tumblr. Ignore him

DeathDog
DeathDog

Ikr, even the OP image is irrelevant and reaks of normie.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

w8t4u
w8t4u

In the cutscene before her boss battle, it seemed like Zeena was more than willing to forgive Sonic and let bygones be bygones.
That would have actually been an interesting plot point they could have used. Zeena turning against the others or something. Showing there was more to her then there seemed.

idontknow
idontknow

the other severely worse Yetis weighing her down

Right, cause she was the breakout one. You just want to fuck her.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

You notice Iizuka always looks like he wants to shrink in his seat whenever Sonic Adventure 3 is brought up. The man is stop afraid to do it.

Booteefool
Booteefool

A cartoon anthropomorphic echidna dressed up as a female Japanese high school student
Normie
I don't know man

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Most people are fine with it. There's just a few vocal fuckheads shitting up the threads with needless doomsaying.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

needs more noodle arms

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

good imagining desu

farquit
farquit

You just want to fuck her.
That's called a perk.

Techpill
Techpill

Drop your obsession with Tumblr.

Then post some cute Amy, user.

Well, most are fine with Modern Sonic in Forces. Not so much Classic.

SniperWish
SniperWish

I don't like the white going all the way past his crotch. It just looks wrong.

viagrandad
viagrandad

this. the bland thing we got should never have been given that name.

And yet Sonic Mania is not called Sonic 5

this is almost believeable. girl version when?

well fuck. might as well do it myself as a fangame because at this rate we'll never get SA3

massdebater
massdebater

but... 06 did so bad

TreeEater
TreeEater

did Shade even have a personality? the characterization in that game was pretty fun for the existing cast, but the plot itself and any new characters they introduced were hilariously vapid

iluvmen
iluvmen

And yet Sonic Mania is not called Sonic 5
Implying they want Mania to have any association with 4.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Just call it Sonic 4 and remove any trace of the original from existence and never talk about it.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

wanting Mania to be called Sonic 5

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

It's only discussion if it exists. It's speculation. And even then it'll just amount to people saying "It's gonna suck." I can't even say I disagree but where do you go from there? What more can you say when you already write it off? That's all I'm saying. I'd rather just wait for more info to come out and hope it'll get any better, otherwise I just have to prepare for a long wait until winter so that everyone can say "Surprise, it's shit like we predicted"
It's like looking forward to the comic's cancellation. I'd rather hold on to hope that they're gonna come back than just show up every day and say "They're dead".

Supergrass
Supergrass

As stupid as Sonic 4 was, it's not like we can ignore it. Even Sega can never forget things like Sonic 06, for example.

It's better to just move on and try for greener pastures than to wash the past and not learn from your mistakes.

girlDog
girlDog

call it sonic 5 and people will ask ''what about sonic 4?''
call it mania and it will be isolated, wise decision.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Well, most are fine with Modern Sonic in Forces. Not so much Classic.
See Factually wrong.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

All the uncultured plebeians should follow these guidelines.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

wrong. It would be an honor to be given a sequential number alongside the classics. It's 4 that's an abomination and needs to be removed

I'm not saying it should be. I'm saying it deserves far more praise and acknowledgement as a "proper 2d sonic game" than Sonic 4's sorry fuckin' excuse for a cash grab

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Bubsy is always 100%

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

raw egg yolk on bread
raw egg yolk on anything/vanilla
i want /fit/ to leave

whereismyname
whereismyname

he doesn't eat eggs over easy on buttered toast and use the toast to sop up the yolk
I mourn your lack of appreciation of the finer things

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

It's anime, you nerd.

At this point if it's not Bubsy I'll be legit disappointed.

Booteefool
Booteefool

I don't know about you guys but Classic Sonic is seeming more and more of a con. He just looks so slow in that clip, and greenhill again.

Now before you hit me up with the 30 seconds of gameplay/ he's suppose to start there before joining sonic's world..

This is after generations, classic sonic can't just start from green hill zone, the devs just wanted more nostalgia steering.

Where the heck is my emerald hill zone AT the very least? That would be more hype to see.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

girl version when
That or give it a few days, we'll get more

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

CD is a good game and it wasn't a numbered classic.

SniperWish
SniperWish

This is after generations, classic sonic can't just start from green hill zone
He started in Green Hill Zone in Generations.
Now he's in Act 2.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

What if the new character has Adventure style game play complete with stunts and 3d momentum

MPmaster
MPmaster

Mania should've been called "Sonic V1"

- Indicates progression (V = 5) without directly calling it "Sonic the Hedgehog 5"
- At the same time, calling it V1 (version 1) lets people know that they're restarting the classic line from where it really left off
- Name format allows for sequels, continuing the line as a side series (V2, V3, V4, etc.)
- Half-assed reference to V-speeds to link it to Sonic = speed
- Sonic could totally slap a tornado

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

green hill
no. no. no. NO. Are you telling me they revealed it's a stage in forces?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Nigga, just get over it. Mania is a better title than trying to relate to 4 with a number.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Bruh.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

was hype for Forces
was going to cut a new trailer to Nuclear
Green Hill isn't even post-apocalyptic
game looks like shit anyway

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

"This isn't Generations 2"

Lunatick
Lunatick

CD was made specifically for the Sega CD to show off its tech. It's why the sonic games on the gba have advance in their title

CD is a good game
we'll have to agree to disagree

farquit
farquit

So /sthg/, how would you be feeling right now if the third character/ third gameplay style didn't exist and all we would know at this point is boost sonic mechanics and classic sonic being 2d/green hill coming back again

SniperWish
SniperWish

That's not wrong. Generations was good, you see :D

Methshot
Methshot

The same thing as before: when's Mania?

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

More worried, but third character is keeping the hype up.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Classic Sonic is the reason why everyone is losing their shit.

iluvmen
iluvmen

I'd feel the same way I do now which is feeling indifferent. Forces initially got me optimistically curious but now it just feels like such a side thing to me, like I'll probably enjoy it whenever I get it but I'm not hyped at all for it unlike the other game. Also I'm not too sure about them just adding a new play style each boost game, it makes it feel like the game might lack focus to some degree but I don't know. I do hope for the best though, I enjoyed Generations a lot and Colors was also alright.

whereismyname
whereismyname

I have to admit, while it looked slightly iffy, the Modern section still looked pretty damn detailed and Generations level of visual quality compared to how goddamn simplistic Classic Sonic's section looks. What happened? Do they believe they should take the Lost World visual design and apply it to Classic now?

5mileys
5mileys

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but... I'd be pretty hype for create-a-character, so long as they put actual effort into it and give a good amount of customization options.

Plus, look at it this way. If they do go that route, the character's probably going to be tolerable, at worst. They can't make them act too outlandishly, or give them a ridiculously contrived backstory. They probably won't even speak. By their very nature as a blank slate that we build on, they have to make them fairly generic in the story. That might sound bad at first, but it ALSO means we aren't going to get anything too obnoxiously annoying.

The concept might be cheesy, but it's fun.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

would sticks get married?

King_Martha
King_Martha

I'm just gonna assume it's in an unfinished state and/or is downgraded on the Switch.

Bidwell
Bidwell

so long as they put actual effort into it and give a good amount of customization options
Which they won't.

massdebater
massdebater

Nah

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO MOD IT INTO A GIANT DICK AGAIN

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Same here. As detailed as Modern Sonic's level was, there's no reason not to make that assumption.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

How the fuck does Sonic have a fanbase?

I have never seen a single franchise that has had so many objectively bad games and still retain a fanbase. I even see people unironically defend Sonic 06 to this day.

Is Sonic just a synonym for "Stockholm syndrome"?

Methshot
Methshot

I don't know man, they gave PSO2 an extremely detailed character creator.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Sticks ever agreeing to be tied down by commitment.
Unlikely. She seems more likely to just dating and even then she'd be super controlling (but affectionate)

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

This user gets it

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

people are going to bite the bait

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

It has a fanbase because there's nothing else quite like it. Same reason people loved the shit out of the original Jet Set Radio despite it having its own respective issues. Inspired concepts and ideas really go a long way in pulling people in. There's a strange yet noticeable line between people who prefer "great games that don't have anything special" and "mediocre games that really stick out". Sonic falls under the latter nowadays, but during the Genesis era it was most definitely a solid video game series that was also incredibly unique and had a great sense of style.

MPmaster
MPmaster

If she did it would be a tribal ooga booga wedding where she jumps over a broomstick.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

How the fuck does Veeky Forums have a userbase?
I have never seen a single website that has had so many objectively bad threads and still retain a userbase. I even see people unironically defend /v/ to this day.
Is Veeky Forums just a synonym for "Stockholm syndrome"?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

A lot don't even play the games. They used to read the comics or just listen to the music or engage in RP and shit.

Anyone defending 06 is either 12 and doesn't know any better or has serious brain problems.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Is Switch less powerful than 360/PS3?

viagrandad
viagrandad

Anyone defending 06 is either 12 and doesn't know any better or has serious brain problems.
tfw you remember Sonic Brainfart

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

somebody used my Shadow meme from the previous thread

WebTool
WebTool

Discussion shouldn't exist here. Only flaming.

Skullbone
Skullbone

is a tablet less powerful than a desktop?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Shit, is the multiplatform really going to hold Forces back then?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Doubt it

happy_sad
happy_sad

actually purchasing a switch and not playing on PC

Flameblow
Flameblow

Anyone else noticed that the games saw a HUGE drop in quality after Jun Senoue stopped composing for the games?

5mileys
5mileys

I'd say it'll be similar to Gamecube Sonic Heroes compared to PS2 Sonic Heroes.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

It's just the Shadow voice actor for the thread, he loves to collect happy shadow avatars to use when he posts his samples.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

there are people who think that literally any of the Sonic games are good other than A and A2

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Ahh yes exactly what i was talking about

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

What's most disappointing about this new footage is the ugly blocky structures in the background. Lost World had this too. It's so bland and boring.

Sonic landscapes are supposed to be made up of sweeping curves and dramatic vistas. They have a stylish nature that matches the speed and suggests fast movement even when you're standing still. They've also got an exaggerated dream-like quality, with giant setpieces and details that imply a high-energy sense of urgency.

Colors was on a less powerful system and it didn't have this problem. Stuff like Tropical Resort, Starlight Carnival and Aquarium Park perfectly match the Sonic style.

farquit
farquit

Late reply, but fuck me Generations was great, look at that. What could have caused a fluke so huge that they'd release a great AAA Sonic game?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

It's an edit from an image of some lard disgusting Amy with a triple head.

FastChef
FastChef

There are people who want the friends to be relevant and steal Sonic's spotlight

Flameblow
Flameblow

That's not what bothers me.

What bothers me more than anything is that Generations had bumps and hills on the ground like actual grass and hills. In Forces it's completely flat.

likme
likme

Not even worth a (You)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

It started dropping before then.

DeathDog
DeathDog

giving a shit about characters
in a sonic game
Is this the dankest meme of all?

massdebater
massdebater

Yeah I remember, but you cropped it out making shadow completely cut from that monstrosity.

And that equals a good shadow reaction pic.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Nope, calling them characters is

JunkTop
JunkTop

Shitposting about the Sonic fanbase is an amusing pastime and it has been for a decade.

Nojokur
Nojokur

The love of the characters is what brought me into the franchise, and it's that love that keeps me here. I love ALL all of them so much.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

I mean, that's literally what they are.

5mileys
5mileys

Technically, but they're more like a checklist of basic tropes

Flameblow
Flameblow

Responding seriously to shitposters

Why do this?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

As long as you're having fun I guess.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

But literally who cares? I just want to raise Chao.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

I highly doubt it.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

office outfit
Needs more girls as office ladies.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I'd love if the character, adequate the ultimate sacrifice at the end of the game to save everyone

JunkTop
JunkTop

He peaked in adventure then had a second wind in heroes. All downhill from there

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Sonic Lost World's Zelda DLC. They need to make an entire game with open world platforming like the first part of that level.

Supergrass
Supergrass

It's so painful being an Adventure fag nowadays. All this classic pandering bullshit and the myriad of terrible decisions done to modern sonic's gameplay just pisses me the fuck off.

MPmaster
MPmaster

forgetting Black Knight

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

This is pretty exciting. Anyone love theory crafting and guessing who the new character is? I'm pretty anxious to find out.

Nojokur
Nojokur

I'm glad you're happy, at least. There's not enough optimism in this hobby to go around.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Contemporary clothes a best. Also love that first artist. Office Zeena and Tikal never.

Methshot
Methshot

At this point, I just want to see who it is. I want to see what makes them so important to the plot and if the character is even playable. Thankfully, E3 is just two months away.

Lunatick
Lunatick

if the character is even playable
They're not. Nintendo Dream has already confirmed this.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

I'm pretty easy going when it comes to games in general. If it isn't perfect, that's ok, I'm sure there'll still be lots of things worth appreciating in the game. Was a big project made by a lotta people.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

why is the sonic team of today so fucking retarded? why don't they just cave in and make adventure 3 or heroes 2?

RavySnake
RavySnake

There's a Sonic side too if somebody wants to deal with it.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Oh, in that case, I guess it's another Sonic. Probably a future version.

Supergrass
Supergrass

They're not
AAAAAND dropped.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Because it wasn't until 2015 SEGA decided to make a new classic style game, 20 years after 3&K.

Then what's the new gameplay element?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

How about just Generations 2? With remastered older levels? That's all it needs

RumChicken
RumChicken

My head hurts. I got home when the happening was taking place, it came out of nowhere and now it's just a mess.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

today

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Felt a bit too messy desu

likme
likme

I'm not even joking around but the Sonic fanbase actually reminds me a broken child that went through 10 different foster care homes. As a collective whole we have abandonment issues, Stockholm syndrome, and pretty much every dependency related behavioral issue.

Pic related is the "relationship violence cycle." It applies to both adult and parent-child relationships. Golly it looks familiar. Can't put my finger on it though Maybe we could call it the "Sonic cycle" or something.

And this is why the Sonic fandom is so fucked up.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Can't be true, if the third gameplay style didn't involve the new character it'd be the most head scratching blunder.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Nope. Just Classic and Modern.

DeathDog
DeathDog

source?

hairygrape
hairygrape

Fuck classic sonic. I want a honest to god tried and true fucking 3D sonic game. Just like Adventure 2 or Heroes. Those were Sonic at his best, almost everyone can agree on that.

Methshot
Methshot

Gonna need a link for this

Emberfire
Emberfire

I wonder how many people itt are from /v/.

w8t4u
w8t4u

SA2 and Heroes weren't that good.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Heroes isn't as bad as people used to insist.

SA1 and 2 aren't as good as people insist.

Spamalot
Spamalot

You're spittin some real fresh and new opinions there bucko, it's not like we've been hearing that since Generations came out or anything.

WebTool
WebTool

At least 66. Veeky Forums did come after /v/. It's kind of hard to find Veeky Forums first and if you did, where were you before that ?

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

I like that the adventure games had momentum. And I liked the trick system

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

These all may be true, but at the end of the day, this 2.5D meme needs to die. We already have Mania for our 2d needs.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

I actually posted on /sthg/ before I ever posted on /v/.

Which begs the question, how did you guys discover /sthg/?

Methnerd
Methnerd

Veeky Forums? Thank fuck I don't have to deal with /v/ anymore
I've been here off and on since then and I can't bring myself to go back to my first gen. Shit was BAD when I left.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I remember back in 2007 when Sega actually apologized for Sonic 06 and said they were never going to let it happen. Then we got Unleashed which was pretty good and Colors which great and Generations which was fantastic. Then we got Boom which is almost as bad as 06 and Lost World which is meh. They apologized for Boom and have been ignoring Lost World completely.

I hope this means that the next three games will be great. I don't mind being abused if it means getting good sonic games

WebTool
WebTool

Linked to thread #1 in a post-Ride /v/ thread.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

tssznews.com/2017/02/14/sonic-project-2017-eggman-is-main-villain-no-multiplayer-features-games-genre-is-actionadventure/

Keep in mind that this is still applicable to the game as of now, due to the confirmation of single player and greater explanation of the plot. In fact, this was one of the first pieces of information we got after the trailer first dropped.

It says that the player will use 2 Sonic's to stop Eggman's Death Egg Robots. So there's no Punished Sonic and no playable new character.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

So it's basically just a downgraded Generations 2.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Hey man, if you could do me a favor I wanna know if you can say something for me.

girlDog
girlDog

The developers have distinctly said there's three gameplay styles, so if this third character has nothing to do with it, then what the hell is this third style?

MPmaster
MPmaster

what the fuck is 'punished sonic?'

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Your hair's a bit too messy. Did you comb it with a snickers bar today, user?

hairygrape
hairygrape

Wisp power-ups.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

You looking for some FREE SHIT user

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Always knew it was around but didn't start going here until like 2014
Was mostly in /v/, /mk8g/, and /fgg/

SniperWish
SniperWish

Of course. I need to make those shots.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

A meme about Future Sonic.

farquit
farquit

No, they've said it's a completely new style for the series.

Spamalot
Spamalot

Hey guys here is a link for the stream. I'll be starting in 15mins
picarto.tv/GeekofLove

I'm gonna do a lewd Honey first then we can vote on a second lewd. Then i'm gonna try to start animating the Sonic Mania thing I'm working on if I'm still feeling like drawing. If not maybe i'll play some cd for you guys or whatever
Also don't mind me and my autistic friends banter.

cum2soon
cum2soon

They said there was going to be an additional component to the game. People just called it a new style for some reason. In reality, it'll probably be a new stipulation for either Classic or Modern Sonic's gameplay. Speaking of which, didn't Famitsu say that Classic Sonic's stages will have a new twist?

Lunatick
Lunatick

Honeymoon phase
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic CD

Rising Tension
Knuckles Chaotix

Violence Occurs
Sonic 3D Blast

Honeymoon Phase
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2

Rising Tension
Sonic Heroes

Violence Occurs
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic 2006

Honeymoon Phase
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations

Rising Tension
?

Violence Occurs
Sonic Boom
Sonic Lost World?

Honeymoon Phase
Sonic Mania

where will we put Sonic Forces?

Inmate
Inmate

Violence Occurs
Shadow the Hedgehog
kek

TechHater
TechHater

Rising Tension

I'd say Lost World.

where will we put Forces

Depending on how the Modern gameplay & the 3rd element turns out, it could be Honeymoon Phase, or Rising Tension.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

You sir are making the hype I have for this game decrease severely in a short amount of time.

I'm just going to believe that the Sonic Team is smart and actually has a third playable character, WHAT EVER HE/SHE MAY BE.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

What do we think of Sonic Before/After The Sequel?

I tried playing Before the Sequel and it was alright, physics felt too heavy though and the level design was really strange. It seemed pretty polished at least, but the mishmashing of sprites (one of the backgrounds is just a JPEG sky photo) and shit like the MSPaint Tails bosses and the hadouken turtles and fuzzies from Yoshi's Island really took me out of the Sonic experience bigtime.

youtube.com/watch?v=uinraME9oBs

The music is fucking kickass though, it's very jazzy and atmospheric while still being upbeat and fitting for a Sonic game.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

This probably isn't the right place to ask, but fuck it. Do any of you happen to have the Spark the Electric Jester OST?

RumChicken
RumChicken

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually still hyped about this. I guess I just never really cared about who's playable and who's not.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

1991 to 1996:
honeymoon phase
rising tension
violence occurs

1998 to 2006
honeymoon phase
rising tension
violence occurs

2008 to 2017
honeymoon phase
violence occurs

2017 onwards
violence occurs
violence occurs
violence occurs

Spamalot
Spamalot

Why do you guys hate Sonic Boom I thought it was great for what it was. It also didn't take itself too seriously

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

the game?

massdebater
massdebater

I've literally been so bored of what Sonic Forces had to offer ever since Classic Sonic been brought back as a staple until March 16th, I would love for him just to be in Sonic Mania and that team to just make more sequels with him. Cause that game looks so hot.

When I heard that there was a third gameplay style my hype rekindled back to what I was feeling prior to July. Now today my hype is even more fueled because of the new character model.

If what you're saying is true, I couldn't be more heart broken.

SniperGod
SniperGod

I lowkey really enjoyed it, outside of the horrific technical problems and glitches. If the glitches and framerate issues and stuff were all just completely gone, I would have enjoyed it even more.

Techpill
Techpill

He's talking about RoL specifically. The comic was overall alright and the show has a lot of great moments but that game was pure trash.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Because Rise of Lyric was horrible to play and no one played Shattered Crystal or Fire & Ice.

RavySnake
RavySnake

ah the shallowest, most cliched stereotype of the Stereotype Six

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

That isn't the fat one though

Inmate
Inmate

oh I forgot about sandwich guy. I guess that really says something

w8t4u
w8t4u

Given the blunders we've seen so far, can we assume P&G are still writing this?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

That's not to say the component, whatever it is, will be bad or anything. Heck, maybe you can control the new character's actions in some minigame/non-platforming manner. I'm just trying to look at things realistically. Besides, I just thought it was notable that Nintendo Dream said the game would have a new component, and months later, we learn from Famitsu that the Classic stages have some kind of twist.

Methnerd
Methnerd

It could go either way, really. We won't know for sure for some time, though, so I wouldn't speculate on it for too long.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Nope, they shouldn't be.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Why wouldn't they be? I'd take them over the guy that wrote 06

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

RoL
great
You don't play many video games, do you?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

What was the question again?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Man, I just want who ever wrote Black Knight back.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Violence occurs, except the roles are reversed

Evilember
Evilember

theyre not writing it dont worry, but im pretty sure its in sonic team's hands again, meaning 06 2 inevitable

Illusionz
Illusionz

I'd take Pontaff over them at this point. They're the only two options we have, but at least Pontaff won't go 100% full retard. Worst we'll get is some bad jokes

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Wow, /sthg/ sure is a lot shittier than usual.

Bidwell
Bidwell

gas at 4.05
That's beyond Sonic 06, goddamn.

JunkTop
JunkTop

/sthg/ turns shittier whenever any big news about Sonic comes out. Usually because of posters from other boards & our regular shitposters.

TreeEater
TreeEater

How many times are these exact same things going to be posted every single time a sliver of news is posted here? Do we need to get /r9k/ rules to apply?

happy_sad
happy_sad

The game was glitchy as hell and ruined the final boss.

Inmate
Inmate

There are other options user.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Yes.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

it's all part of the Sonic Cycle
it's also part of the Relationship Violence Cycle too apparently

Inmate
Inmate

people will post the same things to the same overreacting doomsaying shit

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Everything about Sticks should make her extremely annoying and I should hate her. Her weird raspy voice, the fact that she's easily the most one-note character in Sonic yet...

but somehow I love her

why

Methshot
Methshot

The pic is fitting though.

likme
likme

leave /sthg/ for a day
it blazes through the previous thread and one whole thread in that time
Okay what happened this time?

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

You don't wanna know... ignorance is bliss user.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Someone saved my shitty colouring of great art
Makes me happy.

Emberburn
Emberburn

Some Sonic Forces stuff happened due to the Nintendo Direct. A snippet of Classic Sonic gameplay at a sand-filled Green Hill Zone, and a brief silhouette of the mysterious new character for the game that people are joking looks like they have Bubsy's head.

Cue shitposting up the ass, and what legitimate concerns or likes people do have got shuttered due to the sheer clusterfuck of yet another wave of "Sonic should die and was never good" in the span of several hours before people just went to bed.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

I feel the same way about Scourge. On an objective level, I should despise him, but I love him
Patch is better though and is really goddamn underrated

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Nigga I'll slap you
I love that shit

likme
likme

Heh, good to know.
Don't know why, but the eyes are my favourite part.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Ahh I see.
Really I expected nothing much from classic Sonic in the first place so I'm not surprised. Not that I hated his levels in Generations, but they're really unremarkable and obvious filler.

The new character is a bigger concern for me, even before that small somewhat reveal, but I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Okay what happened this time?
That's what I was wondering and I've only been gone for 5 hours.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Hai guise didja hear about Bubsy being in the new sanik game XD

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Just finished skimming last two threads. Fuck you guys were fast today. Is there a link to the gameplay footage and new character that people are so upset with?

Skullbone
Skullbone

because you

Flameblow
Flameblow

Sonic Forces site now up. Doesn't list PC as release platform.
sonic.sega.jp/SonicForces/

Playboyize
Playboyize

I sure did, what a time to be alive. I always thought Sonic Team could learn a thing or two from a real game.

Methnerd
Methnerd

It has a date for Friday.

Firespawn
Firespawn

STOP
T
O
P

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

me can't fucking wait to play a buby in samic forests!!

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Just what is this with Bubsy?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

No matter how the upcoming games look
No matter how many beloved, established characters are set in the sidelines in favor of spicy new OCs
No matter how bad the shitposting gets
Bump will always want to give you a hug
Thanks, user. I needed this.

viagrandad
viagrandad

In that case Sonic would be perfect for her since he is seen as the type of person of not being tied down for commitment, whenever Sticks needs affection she can just pounce on the hedgehog.

Wish there was more cute art of this

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

S-stupid deer.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

bubsy is the Bruce Jenner of video games that's what

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

That ample bosom
Them hips
That faint, stray line in between them hips that could just be a fold in the cloth, or could very well be something less innocuous
I didn't think a little Bubsy funposting could lead to such dilemmas.

WebTool
WebTool

It says it releases in Winter 2017 and they're releasing a new video this friday.

RavySnake
RavySnake

And now the Bubsy is joining of the robotropolis zone with eggsmanbotnik cause somek hitted her

somek fortress is will be in tents game!!!

Spamalot
Spamalot

Does it actually say *new*?

TreeEater
TreeEater

No, it doesn't but I would assume it's new.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Busbu has bad girl outfits now because she is joinings the eggsbotnikmans! It is gettings a hot in her or wow

Snarelure
Snarelure

Can you not?

Methnerd
Methnerd

She is a verys talented riders ofs skaets boards!

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I just noticed they emulated the classic spinny feet effect by having the particle effects rotate 360 degrees this time around, me likey

TechHater
TechHater

Bubsy is a forced meme.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Don't talk about my waifu like that.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

at this point, i rather SEGA do a 3rd Boom 3DS game

Fire & Ice was really good also best recent Metroid game to play in years

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Vanilla/Bunnie, Rouge, Blaze

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

How many rings you wanna bet the new video is just the one we got today?

DeathDog
DeathDog

CHRONIC THE HEDGEHOG

cum2soon
cum2soon

Who is this?

StonedTime
StonedTime

A bunch of girls in Boom

MPmaster
MPmaster

I will drop Forces so hard if they go back on PC support.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

managed missed the dirrect
see people bitching about Classic Sonic's reveal
Watch it just to see what it is
Not even really sure what I'm looking at

Did they even really change anything? The clip is so fucking short I honestly can't tell.

farquit
farquit

I love this deer.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Honestly wonder how much Fatoler is paying Epictones for all this great art

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

There was like 1 Speed Booster, user. Don't you know that that means all of Sonic Forces is now shit?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Nicol from the comics. At least, the form she took as a digital AI program anyway.

massdebater
massdebater

there's a boost pad right before a loop. I'm not one to freak out and cry "but but but my momentum! I should build up speed! Boospads make the spindash redundant!!" but seriously. If Classic is all 2D platforming and Modern Sonic is 90% 2D platforming, then they need to be different somehow. Classic should be able building up/maintaining speed. Modern is about going fast instantly with boost. Boostpads just make Classic Sonic feel... pointless.

JunkTop
JunkTop

I liked Generations, but I feel Classic's half was the worse half. Forces looks like the exact same with little showing that he's been improved since that game 6 years ago. With Mania showcasing a better place for Classic and gameplay, his inclusion in Forces feels unneeded, especially if they aren't majorly improving the issues he had in Generations.

Of course, this is so short of a clip that we can't get an exact feel for him yet, but it's not exactly looking good.

King_Martha
King_Martha

How many people are still getting stuff of Katella made?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

what if the OC is a zeti

happy_sad
happy_sad

i'm in love with that Sticks

Emberfire
Emberfire

Just one.

w8t4u
w8t4u

What if it was Crash the Bandicoot?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I know it doesn't matter now that the comics are pretty much dead, but how do you think they would handle a Forces adaption if the new character really is a create-a-character?

girlDog
girlDog

Is there any weapon that's cooler than an arm cannon or mega buster?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

she's MY wife, you dunce

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

patch is pretty great, I need to get around to rereading the preboot sometime

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

katella isn't even that great, i don't understand

Playboyize
Playboyize

Tits & ass, my man.

DeathDog
DeathDog

He's the only Anti that I think did a good job of being a foil to their FF. Patch is the PERFECT foil to Antoine, and his manipulative nature allowed him to be a legitimate threat without jobbing characters out (Outside of Sonic) and it gives Antoine a legitimate reason to hate the fucking guy. Also he took a year away from Antoine's life, the consequences of which were never fully explored, but there's slight implications that Antoine changed for the worse afterwards. Iirc I saw someone point out that after the incident with Patch, Antoine became a lot more prone to fits of rage and had a worse temper

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

You can literally get those with any other Sonic female, unless you have to validate your superiority by pretending to be above furries.

Lunatick
Lunatick

I love her too, user.

likme
likme

You can get it with other female characters, but Katella has a nice design, imo. Besides, there's never enough tits & ass.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Probably turn the CoC into an arc-exclusive character who shows up because they're relevant to the overall plot and then disappears at the end with decent reason, much like Chip. Instead of being a create-a-character, they'll just be given a proper name and personality but a deliberately vague history outside of what the plot sets up. The God Eater games have you play a custom character, but the anime went this route and made someone who is a stand-in for the create-a-character that is in the games, but is still an actual character.

farquit
farquit

Patch fatally posioned his dad, nearly lost his hot cyborg wife, and trapped Antoine in the Evil Mobius for a whole year with Evil versions of his closest friends.

The Iron Queen arc did a good job showing this with him and Mokey Khan.

FastChef
FastChef

and then disappears at the end with decent reason
This could be real

Snarelure
Snarelure

There is going to be so much porn of that girl's butt.

SniperGod
SniperGod

True, but I guess I wanted to see more done with the idea. What did he have to DO on Moebius for that year? We get hints of that, but that's just it, hints. We get hints that Antoine's changed as a person because of it, including actively seeking revenge, but again, just hints. I'm not saying make a mega arc about it, but I think it'd be nice to have a couple stories about it
And the coma is the perfect way to do it

FastChef
FastChef

Well you see, the new Space Funeral (featuring Bubsy) was such a critical hit that SEGA hired some of the people responsible for it in addition to getting their hands on the rights for Bubsy.

askme
askme

will the final boss for Mania and Forces be actual hype like Finalhazard and Doomsday Zone?

cum2soon
cum2soon

Coma was a way better way to do it than just lulling him off. Let the characters grieve, Bunnie goes off to her uncle because she feels that she failed, and Antoine wakes up having lost it all.

Then Patch shows up again, 'cause we last saw the Suppression Squad scheming before #200.

Would have been a great arc for Antoine.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Mania
Hopefully
Forces
It can't be as bad as Time Eater.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

*killing

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

new ally
not bringing back an old character

Was really hoping for Metal Sonic, Shadow, or even Silver. I don't want a new fucking character.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Oh hell yeah. Adding to that, the eye that Antoine lost is the same one that Patch lost, so when Antoine looks in the mirror, all he can see is Patch, or his time as Patch

Once he finally sees Patch again, he acknowledges he's lost everything, that there's nothing for him but revenge or some shit

And then have Antoine kill Patch. Not for shock value, but because Antoine's had enough, this is his revenge. He's gone nuclear

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Cream
CD Amy
Vanilla

SniperWish
SniperWish

Where were you? Silver was confirmed today.

Booteefool
Booteefool

03 is so fucking close to happening

5mileys
5mileys

This is the problem I have with non-anonymous discussion. Too much hugbox and safe-space faggotry. Make a small critique on something and the fanboys come out the woodwork.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

We already know Silver would have a role in Forces.

Nojokur
Nojokur

What you mean from the Nintendo direct video, with his back to the camera? Are you sure this isn't another faggot troll to make us think Silver is back?

askme
askme

These games are just the warmup
I can't wait for the big game, how are they gonna top Robobot?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Supression Squad shows up again
they launch their scheme
Bunnie's there and is about to fucking die
to save her, the now courageous Antoine sacrifices himself
it all happens in such a way that he kills two birds with one stone
takes the cowardly Patch with him

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

I still laugh every time.

SniperWish
SniperWish

Nah, fuck that.
Suppression Squad shows up soon after Antoine recovers
Patch goes after Antoine himself after hearing about what happened
He goes to his hospital room only to find it empty
Antoine ambushes him and they duel, with Antoine barely keeping up due to him just getting out of his coma and barely being able to stand
Patch gets too cocky, and this gives Antoine the time to drive a sword through Patch

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Y'know, why doesn't Eggman just bomb his enemies?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Start Sonic Forces
Green Hill Zone Act 1
nothing has improved from the teaser footage
a poorly mixed arrangement of the music is playing
level design is flat and basic, with speed boosters everywhere
eventually you come to a vertical curve and Sonic gets stuck on it
the camera pans out to show Dr. Eggman in front of his TV
he throws his controller on the floor
"Ugh, what a disappointment, this is the worst one yet!"
Orbot comes in
"We're ready to launch, boss!"
"Finally, I can't take much more of this junk"
the game starts

w8t4u
w8t4u

W-What?

Is Silver in it?

Also is there footage at all? I've been out of the loop for a few weeks

likme
likme

user, it's a parallel universe. Either both die, or some crazy BS happens to one of them, like Sonic's dad being stuck robotoziced while Scourge's died.

Soft_member
Soft_member

twitter.com/Babylonian/status/852298423931854848

5mileys
5mileys

Silver is an NPC, along with Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and the Chaotix. The exact nature of their role in the story is unknown, though they do call Sonic with radio chat to let him know what's going on with Eggman.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Parallel universe
What, no. Fuck that, they're heading to Mobius, and Antoine's finishing his ass off solo. Full Punished Antoine: A Soldier without a Cause

Techpill
Techpill

That'll be nice if it turns out to be real

The time has come

And so have I

eGremlin
eGremlin

New ally looks like bubsy
It's old Sonic

I'm fucking serious, I bet it's older Sonic, with facial hair and shit like that, I fucking know it will be. I just want anything that isn't a new character. Fucking ANY character already established I'd rather take.
I resent that fucking guy. He got to PLAY Sonic forces for christ sake. I hope they release a forces demo on sanics birthday.

takes2long
takes2long

Dude's from Polygon, so he likely isn't kidding.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

A Soilder without a Cause
Antoine has nothing, so he sacrifices himself

I think parallel universes are BS too, but that's how it's been established, so we have to make the most of it.

Besides, I don't see Antoine keeping up while recovering from a coma.

Antoine fights Patch
can't keep up, is about to die
Patch is cocky, leaves Antoine to die
Antoine recovers just enough, so that when they meet again, he kills Patch

happy_sad
happy_sad

Antoine fights Patch
can't keep up, is about to die
Patch is cocky, leaves Antoine to die
Antoine recovers just enough, so that when they meet again, he kills Patch
Yeah, that works too. Though I could see Patch monologuing before he kills Antoine, becaue he wants to revel in the moment, and it gives Antoine the time and rage needed to stab the fucker, before falling back down, exhausted.

Besides, I want to see Antoine having to live with the fact that he killed someone

RavySnake
RavySnake

Antoine having to live with killing himself

This is it. This is the crazy BS. Patch dies, while Antoine dies on the inside.

takes2long
takes2long

there are people who are shocked Sega would show off new footage on a Nintendo direct
Why?
Also the new character reminds me of the Famitsu Mascot and Famitsu did just release alpha switch version screenshots

5mileys
5mileys

Apparently the small snippets of modern footage in the Direct trailer also are different from the footage last month for other systems. Enough so that there's a notable dip in graphics here and there if you look closely enough, which implies the Nintendo footage was obviously the Switch version potentially.

likme
likme

Its somewhat noticeable but not enough to come off as a big downgrade, its cool it looks to run 60fps which is extremely important in my opinion if they want this to be taken seriously as a platformer.
Yooka Laylee doesn't even run 60 on consoles, how are you going to get Mario fans to even bother?

SniperGod
SniperGod

that game got cancelled and retconned and is now being replaced with a Bubsy RPG that looks hella better now that she's not being squandered on random access humor: the game

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I've made a few comparisons but for the most part its hard to tell if its just a case of stream vs direct feed so take this this with a grain of salt, top is what I assume is PC bottom is Switch.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Looking through the trailer more this is straight up a later build of the game, the blurrieness of the screenshots aren't ingame resolution differences its just shitty video coding since it doesn't look like its low res, infact I can see almost no difference between texture resolution or texture crawl, the lighting on the other hand is different and includes new effects like random ash particles in the air, the smoke trail looks slightly lower res and the water distance seems shorter.

5mileys
5mileys

Blaze has fire
Silver has psychokinesis
Shadow has hover shoes and some weird chaos shit
What special ability(ies) will Bubsy have?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Unfortunately I only had time for a lewd Honey tonight. Next stream I'll do a vote for another lewd.
Thanks to all who came to the stream i hope you enjoyed it.
Here is the newd version i.imgur.com/0CdjIrc.png

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

I want that pussy

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I'm literally going to kill you all with this idea
What if the new character is Egoraptors OC voiced and written by him?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

That's not going to happen.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Memes can come true

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

the new character is clearly the creator of the omochaos

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

That's absolutely what's going to happen.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Oh man. He was telling the truth, wasn't he?

iluvmen
iluvmen

Where was that posted?

Also I know that he's parroting what he was told, because that info was circulating way before the Party

whereismyname
whereismyname

It's already been confirmed that Tails will be in the game, so I call BS on that.

Bidwell
Bidwell

It looks like it. Although, the bit about Tails giving up seems off to me. At this point I don't know what to feel about Forces.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Tails has been in free fall in terms of writing in the Sonic series for awhile and its presumed due to the rumor that the writers wanted to age him up sightly.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Comments section of Sonic Stadium's article when Project 2017 was revealed.

eGremlin
eGremlin

It's not Bubsy, it's Future Sonic, dammit. That, or the fusion of Classic and Modern ones. I mean, super form was taken from Dragonball, why not take fusion too.

Snarelure
Snarelure

How would create a character even work moving forward? Does that become a new staple of the games in the future?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

What if I make my custom Sanic Mario?

JunkTop
JunkTop

Pst. Hey /sthg/! Amy fucking sucks my dudes
Have a good night!

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Interesting. I've seen at least 4 people now, including myself, from 4 different parts of the fandom, all with what appears to be similar information, though one part of the info I got has not appeared anywhere else. Either my source snuck it in as a lie, or that bit was lost in translation

RumChicken
RumChicken

Amy fucking sucks
well she did had some of hotred's hate paste during his b-day yesterday...

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Rude!

Night!

TreeEater
TreeEater

And what lie info is that?

eGremlin
eGremlin

I think I figured it out:

Classic Sonic
Modern Sonic
Postmodern Sonic

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

It's about who's writing the game

Supergrass
Supergrass

Hopefully a death at the end of Forces.

JunkTop
JunkTop

yfw Amy turned into a whale with three heads

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Yeah, I'm starting to believe in this make your own character theory. With the tagline "join the fight," and that unremarkable silhouette, it's all fitting together too well.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Where else was this same info posted?

Snarelure
Snarelure

The unexpected character...is you
I can't even imagine the aftermath.

Nojokur
Nojokur

I saw it posted in a discord I'm in , and this info was also told to me in a Picarto chat PM. From what I've gathered so far, the info leaked around the time of the Party, starting in June, though that's probably inaccurate.

What's interesting is that in the Discord, the person got their info from an artist, like I did, but it wasn't the same artist. And yet the information was nearly identical

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Amy fucking sucks my dudes

Oh yeah she does.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Every bad OC joke and hate that the masses and critics can muster will be let out.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Know what, I take it back. I'll happily accept Boom Sonic as the third playable character.

5mileys
5mileys

What if Tails is the one that summons Buddy at the start?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

It should have been Metal Sonic in my opinion.

cum2soon
cum2soon

What if you can make Buddy into Metal Sonic?

RumChicken
RumChicken

then we'd just have Bonzai Buddy

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Look on the bright. If Forces really does have a make-your-own-character feature, you can finally add your favorite fan character and Archie/cartoon character to the games!

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

We can make Bump canon!

cum2soon
cum2soon

twitter.com/SonicNewsNow/status/852374303983251456

THE TRAIN HAS NO STOPS

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

So Friday / tomorrow? Talk about short notice

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I would unironically make my character Bump if the game has the features to make her.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Assuming it follows standard Sonic character design rules, the hair might be an issue.

Actually, what if they don't let you make a female OC at all?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Actually, what if they don't let you make a female OC at all?
I don't see why they wouldn't.

girlDog
girlDog

A lot of series that introduce character creation later on often take a lazy route of males only with limited customization initially.
Hell, Metal Gear Online 2 for MGS4 introduced custom character creation for that series and you had males with a bunch of shirts and military gear. You had to buy the DLC to unlock being able to make females and some of the more unique gear which you then had to purchase with in-game (or microtransaction) funds..

Skullbone
Skullbone

Wait, does that mean everyone thinks the character is facing the camera? Because to me it looks like the character is facing away, towards the Egg robo in the background. And it looks like hair on the back of their head, not face fluff

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

i for one can't wait to play as coldsteel the hedgheg

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

The one thing that gives me hope about this are the pyramids that can be seen to the far left at the beginning.

Maybe the blocky Green Hill bits are a minority of this zone, like maybe it starts like Green Hill and then the sand quickly covers everything and it becomes a desert zone.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Okay, so physics and boostpad aside, why are some people claiming this is a linear piece of shit again when that spring at the beginning is probably to a higher route?
Are we forgetting that the classic Sonic games you so love aren't actually all that exploratively non-linear? You get a low, middle and high route with certain ones missing depending on the level / portion, but after Sonic 1 and especially CD, they condensed that shit usually into low, mid, and the top of the middle that lets you skip chunks of mid.

I mean even Sonic Generations did that. Even some levels of Lost World occasionally did that, albeit mainly 3D ones that weren't filled with shitty gimmicks and also not a straight path forwards.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

YFW DEMO

JunkTop
JunkTop

The third gameplay style is supposed to encapsulate with Sonic Forces is really about. It's supposed to really fit the theme of the game and almost represent the themes and ideas in it.

For that reason, I think the new character will be something like this:

-Some kind of time manipulation as his/her power. My personal theory: Eggman finds a device to manipulate time. Eggman stops time and conquers 99% of the world. Then he unpauses time. Suddenly it seems like he did this in the blink of an eye. It would explain the "where was Sonic while Eggman was doing this." I think New Guy will have a similar inherent ability but not as powerful. I'm thinking he might play like Blinx from that old Xbox game.

-The "forces" part of "Sonic Forces" might not just be referring to 'fighting forces' like armies and battalions. It is also referring to "the forces of nature." Time manipulation might fit this. New guy can slow down, stop, start, rewind, playback, etc. events for puzzle solving. Basically, Silver the Hedgehog but more complicated than "go to the glowing green spot and press the action button"

-The theme of the game is 'teamwork.' That makes me think the character is a wolf since they tend to work in packs, etc. It might also be a jackal or dingo since their ears are smallish and their faces are kind of fluffy like New Guy's seems to be.

-The game is in the Action/Adventure genre and at some point one of the staff mentioned "like Cave Story but not the same thing." I think New Guy is the Adventure aspect of the game. Slow-ish levels in 3D doing puzzle solving and basic platforming. The Sonics are the Action portion of the game.

Techpill
Techpill

meant to say "encapsulate what Sonic Forces is really all about"

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Slow-ish levels in 3D doing puzzle solving and basic platforming.
And it will be utterly hated

Illusionz
Illusionz

You're absolutely right. I still think something like this could happen though. I mean the Werehog was made after all. This game could have been originally planned to be Generations 2 but somehow it wound up being shorter than the first game so they decided to add a slow character in as filler. I think this is possible. I'm hoping it's not the case but who knows. It might be fun if New guy can at least run as fast as Sonic in Lost World and the puzzles worth well.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

entire game gets spoiled again because Sega can't be assed to scrub their shit

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

and at some point one of the staff mentioned "like Cave Story but not the same thing."
They never said that. Ever.

I don't get this "3rd gameplay style" meme. Not once has anybody claimed that you'd play as anything other than Modern or Classic style.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

It will be the 14th in less than six hours. Get ready for disappointment.

Supergrass
Supergrass

I wonder what the Japanese fanbase thinks of Forces.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

So I just had a crazy dream about Sonic Forces that I had to write down.

The game is open world and starting up, the first character you play as is Amy. She's just been told that Sonic's been found after essentially being assumed dead for years, and she runs to the spot where you're supposed to meet up with him. I can't remember what happened after that, but I was eventually playing as Sonic. Both Amy and Sonic were designed like they were in Boom.

The new gameplay element is Cyberization. Yes, from the comics. Part of the "Forces" theme is that playable characters can take on semi-Roboticized parts of their body to improve their abilities. However, there's a catch. It can spread to your entire body after a time limit, and if it does that, Game Over. You can remove parts and restore your Mobian body, but it costs a lot of rings. To get the best ending, you have to not use any parts at all, but the game is brutally hard if you don't.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Cute deer

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Huh. What caused such a dream?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Cold pizza is a hell of a drug.

Emberfire
Emberfire

It can't be as bad as when Sun and Moon's demo dropped and the whole fucking game was spoiled within 2 hours after they were released because Nintendo didn't scrub a god damn thing from the demos.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

More like Poorly Coloured Deer.
Have this one that I just fixed.
Really need to make sure these are finished before posting them,

w8t4u
w8t4u

But they're both identical...

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

What if the third gameplay is a fast-paced ARPG

idontknow
idontknow

23 July 2016
Fuck, he predicted a lot of things and all of this sounds plausible.

I can believe the OC is character-created, but Sonic Team wouldn't be stupid enough to make you play as anybody but Sonic at the outset. Also, "Buddy" implies that it's male. If they allowed OC characters to be made, surely they'd allow female characters too.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

So are we still screeching like autists about Sonic Forces?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

PLEASE DO

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Hellz yeah, that's kinda what you do with hype

I mean shit man it's not rocket science

viagrandad
viagrandad

Judging by the last thread & most of this one, I wouldn't use hype as the operative word. I think anger is more appropriate regarding Classic Sonic's gameplay.

Also, I can't believe some people are unironically bringing up the Sonic Cycle in 2017

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

So I has a bit of a shower thought about 06 and I was curious if anyone agrees with me. I know a popular sentiment about Sonic 06 was that if it was not rushed and the devs were given something along the lines of another year to work on the game, it could have been great.

I don't feel like that's the case, though. If the devs had more time, I don't think the final game would be all that better - I think the game would have less bugs and be more stable for sure, but a lot of the poor game design choices would still be in the game, I'd imagine. Look at how huge and long some of Sonic's levels are for example, with loading screens jarring you completely out of any kind of flow you'd be getting into. Sonic 06's awful stage design filled with enemies that need to be hit a certain number of times that make the game damn near feel like a brawler (in Shadow's case at least) and I don't think these design decsisions would have been dramatically changed if the devs had, say, another year to work on the game. I still think it would have bombed overall.

What do you guys think? Gonna be afk for while but I'm interesting in hearing your thoughts.

farquit
farquit

The game was poorly conceived from the get go and with Naka leaving and the team being splintered with the Wii development, there was no way the game was going to be good. Rushed or not.

DeathDog
DeathDog

That would be nice, dreams confirmed to be the best idea guys.

I'm sure third character will be a make-your-character. Dramatic minimalistic naked view from back character is ALWAYS a shitty player avatar.
It will be like Xenoverse, a shitty story, zero interesting choices for your avatar, and all characters acting retarded like "oh <insert name> you're so smart and dependable and you smell so good". And nerds will go on how it was good and how the multiplayer or something. Yeah I hate Xenoverse.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

That's from the /co/ drawthread

JunkTop
JunkTop

It was too ambitious, and even for how unfinished it was, it was still 'complete' in the sense that the level designs and story were mostly as intended in terms of design and structure, albeit not stability. Polishing out the bugs could've made some things better, polishing the controls/speeds could've fixed others, but from the ground up, the very design was fundamentally flawed and would require serious reworking of the project overall to fix them.

That unity remake is neat and I wouldn't mind seeing it get modded, but it's really more of a novelty than anything.

farquit
farquit

I think the levels were made to be aesthetically impressive with little effort put into making their level design equally enjoyable.

06 levels are amazingly beautiful. I just wish maybe a fourth of that effort had gone into smoothing out the difficulty curves and making exploration actually fun instead.

eGremlin
eGremlin

We've entered the new era of video gaming. The era of canonical self-insertion. Almost two decades of horrible fanfiction is about to be validated, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. We live in exciting times, eh?

StonedTime
StonedTime

tfw you will never achieve CHIM IRL

likme
likme

The autistic kids grew up and now they entered this so-called artistic field known as the videogame industry.

Firespawn
Firespawn

a fourth
We call those 'quarters', user.

SniperWish
SniperWish

the comics are likely ending
literal self-insert fanfiction enter the 3D games
SEGA put fans in charge of a classic 2D Sonic game
What a ride so far, I wonder how spectacular the derailment will be.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

fans may be in charge of 3D games if Forces bombs

This year is going to be fucking crazy.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Predict Forces Metacritic score, /sthg/!

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Sonic Forces confirmed for being the next E.T.

Spamalot
Spamalot

STOP THIS FUCKING RIDE RIGHT NOW OR I'M JUMPING!

whereismyname
whereismyname

Why do they look so blazed?

JunkTop
JunkTop

Sticks is 2 feet 8 inches
good lord that's cute, you could pick her up

MPmaster
MPmaster

Wonder if this is a panic damage control release due to the reaction yesterday.
Or maybe it'll be just what we saw again but with all console logos.

Sonic
Japanese fanbase

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

like a bundle of sticks

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Probably just Classic Sonic gameplay, which means we can hear Ohtani's rendition of Green Hill

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

But I liked Xenoverse. It had a fair amount of customization options and the story was fun, except for where multiplayer was horrifically unbalanced. I understand if you just don't like Create-a-characters, but how else are you supposed to handle something like that?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I'm betting on 40 seconds of Classic Sonic gameplay.

They'd have to license Green Hill's music again. No way. It'll be all original.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Considering Sega has no qualms about using Green Hill for Mania for the sake of 25th Anniversary, it's not out of the question for them to do the same for Forces. Also the music is basically synonymous with the aesthetic so it's hard to imagine what would take its place.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Don't, seriously. Unless you make a RPG with a whole parallel setting so you can get the building up that makes the OC earn the respect of canon character, something which is impossible in other types of games. I'm okay for OCs in storyless modes, but that felt like Kingdom Hearts, which is probably the Original Horror to begin with.
Also I don't like the Bandai gameplay with its fireball festival and indestructible rocks/buildings.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

you will never lift sticks for a kiss against her will

Techpill
Techpill

There is now enough Green Hill Zone clones and remakes to literally make an entire, full length Sonic game with nothing but them.

Nojokur
Nojokur

To be fair, I could stay in Sunset Hills forever. That is a comfy level.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Autistic people hate change.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Christ user don't give them ideas

happy_sad
happy_sad

As someone who has literal autism even I'm getting tired seeing green hill zone.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

That might be an interesting experience.
They could stand to do something different occasionally.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Honestly, at this point I see it as a trope of theirs, Sonic games tend to start in lush, green environments (Green Hill, Splash Hill, Emerald Hill, Palmtree Paradise, Sunset Hill, Windy Hill etc.) The only issue is that they keep on remaking Green Hill Zone. Though I do wonder how many times World 1-1 has been redone by Mario...

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Just checking in, is /sthg/ still asshurt?
Well, besides the usual perpetual asshurt, I mean.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Sunset Hill
That's the second zone in Advance 3.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Oh, my mistake.

Nojokur
Nojokur

That's something Sonic had over Mario.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Let's list them.

Green Hill
Green Hills
Green Grove
Neo South Island
Green Hill SA2
Sunset Hill
Seaside Hill
Splash Hill
Green Hill Generations
Green Hill Mania
Green Hill Forces

Am I missing any?

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Asshurt about Sonic Team being incompetent?
No, it's mostly died down from anger to apathy.

5mileys
5mileys

Probably not listed because it's being handled by SoE.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

lego dimensions
Sonic runners
Sonic pocket adventure
Smash brothers melee
windy hill (I would count)
sega tennis

I wouldn't count seaside hill

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

It's cool.
Neo Green Hill
Leaf Forest
Leaf Storm
Plant Kingdom

Bidwell
Bidwell

It only counts as a Green Hill clone/remake if it has checkered backgrounds and palm trees.

Skullbone
Skullbone

Kinda. That 8-10 second clip really pissed a lot of anons off. Personally, I just hope he'll be fun to play as

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I can see that but I think the beach and temple aesthetics are just enough to separate it.
I think it's intention was to be inspired by emerald coast as well as green hill making it not 'pure'.

SniperGod
SniperGod

So, Palmtree Panic then?

Supergrass
Supergrass

Neo Green Hill Zone and Leaf Forest have checkers and palm trees, the other two don't though.

TechHater
TechHater

caught up on Sonic Boom, surprisingly fun watch and a real guilty pleasure.

"Buster" has to be the worst episode in the series though. I like Sticks but couldn't stand that whole ep. The one with Amy and the Beebot was basically the same thing but better anyway.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Doesn't have checkered backgrounds. They're triangles. Also they're not so much palm trees as palm totems.

Leaf Forest
I just watched a full playthrough of that and didn't see palm trees anywhere.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

most people don't even notice that tropical resort is heavily inspired by the green hill trope.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Because it's also set in a theme park in outer space perhaps

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

didn't see palm trees anywhere.
My mistake then, I was looking at screenshots through image search.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Sounds like someone played Lisa.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Jesus christ you fags burned trough 2 whole threads in just a couple of hours, and all over 10 fucking seconds of gameplay or so.

Also the new character looks pretty silly in that pose.

idontknow
idontknow

what are the chances of Sticks being in Forces

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Looks like little to none.

FastChef
FastChef

None whatsoever, but expect her to be reintroduced into the main canon at some point.

massdebater
massdebater

I want a Miracle Matter rematch to go with it.

They'll find a way. I'd still like to have a Crystal Shards sequel at some point though.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Yes, because they are always utilising all their characters and making them matter rather than creating new characters.

Emberfire
Emberfire

She was already in Rio olympics and being included in the webcomic.

Firespawn
Firespawn

you will never sit Sticks in your lap

Booteefool
Booteefool

They always use all their characters for the olympic games because they need to. Those games don't really count, tho.

And what webcomic are you talking about?

whereismyname
whereismyname

Sonic Channel.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Tails only showing up after Sonic comes back definitely does sound bad, especially after how much of a bitch he was in lost world and we already know those people are the same ones writing this game

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Why the fuck are they introducing a new character? Let's assume it's a 3rd gameplay style. What could they POSSIBLY introduce that couldn't be filled by another character?

Flying? Tails. Combat? Knuckles. Stealth? Amy. Treasure hunting? Rouge. Shmup? Omega. Adventure style? Shadow. Puzzles? Silver. Fishing? Big. Collectathon? Chaotix. Christ alive. You have this massive backlog of characters that stick around for no reason other than to be Sonic's cheerleaders, and you have the GALL to introduce a new character? Kiss my ass.

/autism

Techpill
Techpill

ok let's say the third character is a custom one. what does that mean for the gameplay?

I'm guessing for convenience they'll play the same no matter what he/she looks like. The customness of the characters being purely cosmetic.

So that still brings the question of how the'll play.

maybe they'll be a slower platform style, like boom redone?

They mentioned Forces meant armies and power, you could interpret that in different ways.
maybe they have some energy power, like lighting?
or maybe something to do with Time?
or controlling armies of robots?

Emberburn
Emberburn

Worldbuilding, son.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Sega has Kubo Tite syndrome, rather than use his existing cast he has to creat new ones ALL the time. This new character is going to be a create a character and they'll be even worse than Emerl, we all remember him,right? Sega does too but they don't care. I'll be amazed if they even remember that shadow works for G.U.N when they didn't even reference the Commander, I don't think they ever gave that dude a name either

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

But the games have been the low point of this world if you are in for the story.

girlDog
girlDog

God bless you, user.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Emerl wasn't bad at all though. Also they named the commander Abraham in the comic but I don't know if that got ret-conned or not.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

We all know how Kubo finished, alone and despised

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Here hoping that Forces is the last unfocused game we get on this god forsaken series.

I'm not crying over anything, I don't think the game will be bad. But if from now on we can have a whole series dedicated to class Sonic, a whole series dedicated to modern Sonic, and maybe other characters getting spotlight in spin off games here and there, with a clear goal and direction set from day 1, that would probably be good enough to bring the series from "alright" back to great.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Why exactly did he have dual colored eyes?

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Emerl was great, Sonic Battle was surprisingly solid.

Also there was no retcon. Even in the new continuity the Commander is named Abraham Tower.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Knowing Japan, because they thought it was cool.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

From a character design standpoint, I think it was just to up his menace factor and present him as sort of scary despite being a human non-Eggman character in Sonic. It just came across as hilariously cheesy to me though, coupled with his backstort and overall personality.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I would be fine with new characters being introduced if they didn't keep the old characters around. Mario introduces new characters all the fucking time, but other than spinoffs and party games, they don't come back without a purpose.

Silver is the biggest offender. Why is he here? Shouldn't he be in the future? He can travel through time at will, so why isn't he stopping Eggman before he takes over?

Soft_member
Soft_member

There is a certain charm with dual-color eyes.
And specially if it is somebody like Ragna. It's been some months and I still miss him

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Sonic Forces is internet guild-based, hence the name
Complete side missions to get your custom faction growing

Methnerd
Methnerd

Because anime is stupid.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Oops almost posted a thread in vg too early when I woke up, got one to post at 750

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Mario can obviously do that a lot more easily because they don't need to explain shit.

But then again it never even really feels like the Sonic games care about explaining shit so...

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Take the time to update the OP while we wait.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

It was a member of Tojyo's circlejerk, wasn't it?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Fanwank but I consider Silver to not be an actual person but the timestream's equivalent of a white blood cell. Every crisis just pops out a new one.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Already gotcha covered

Flameblow
Flameblow

Hopefully Friday we'll get some new info/footage to get a better idea of what we're in for with Forces.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

That design is actually pretty good.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Stop posting Noel..or should I call you Saya now?
Silver is more or less a time cop, he shows up whenever he wants, Colors established that and so did Runners just like both games showed that Blaze can travel to Sonic's dimension whenever she wants via sol emeralds. Kinda sloppy writing, if they wanted to keep them around they should of had Sonic and Blaze's worlds merge without a problem and Silver just say in the this timeline since he likes it. Just like how Gemerl is still with Vanilla to this day, he's there even in the comics

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

why are you lying

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Better lynx design than Nicole.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Anyone else kinda sad that Boom Sonic got deconfirmed for this?

cum2soon
cum2soon

Only because we lost potential Classic, Modern, and Boom Eggman banter.

Firespawn
Firespawn

I am neither those, I'm just an Observer from this world that appreciate him and will remember him.
What if you see a third Sonic being playable?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

No.
He's not even a lynx.

Methshot
Methshot

I know I am, a create a character sue that will probably die or never be mentioned again after this? I'd rather Roger times 2 than this. It's like a monkey's paw with Sega. Want original arc, sure, but now the comic is shitcanned before said arcs could get off the ground, want new sonic by based taxman, sure but now nearly all the levels are old shit because SEGA forced it on them, Don't want Boom Sonic because Boom games suck, sure but now you get this piece of shit plotfag character.

askme
askme

Teehee!

Skullbone
Skullbone

To be honest I don't think Japanese devs would be able to write Boom characters correctly.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Anyone making next thread?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Sorry have to go to work, so posting this a little early, cleaned up the op and added a bunch more information.
Also edited a custom OP image cause of all of your theories like I did with thread 729
Here you go, hedgies

King_Martha
King_Martha

Bread

veekyforums.com/thread/173874880/video-games

Oh for fuck's sake. And I can't delete it.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Hehe, sorry pal.
But new mengs need the update of a cleaner op